Jump to topic:

Challenge me!

alex1094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:55:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Does anyone fancy repeating probably the most overused debate topic... again.
One of the reasons I joined this site was for a good old fashioned "Does God Exist" debate and the only one I've had went awfully because I was a mixture of new and busy with other things.
Anyway, I'm a Con on the subject so... If anyone's feeling like defending the existence of the almighty then challenge me.
The only condition is that he/she leaves evolution out of it because I'm a complete illiterate on the subject.
72 hour rounds please.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:00:02 PM
At 9/11/2012 7:55:38 AM, alex1094 wrote:
One of the reasons I joined this site was for a good old fashioned "Does God Exist" debate and the only one I've had went awfully because I was a mixture of new and busy with other things.
Anyway, I'm a Con on the subject so... If anyone's feeling like defending the existence of the almighty then challenge me.
The only condition is that he/she leaves evolution out of it because I'm a complete illiterate on the subject.
72 hour rounds please.

alex1094 A mountain of crutches, canes and wheel chairs at Lourdes France tells you God does Exist. Thousands and thousands of people cured! 67 documented investigated PROVEN without any doubt: "Miracles"!
150 years of healing's, documented cases of "Whole limbs growing back"!

alex1094 At "Fatima" in Portugal in 1917 the Virgin Mary told three Children she would give them a sign!!
1000 people witnessed the Miracle; "The sun danced in the sky in a zig-zag pattern!"

alex1094 Do your own homework!!!!

Not mass hypnoses you can fool some people but not thousands!!!

Just two Miracles (above) never mind the many many others that have happened over the centuries!

YES there is a GOD!!!
PROVEN (above)

Dogknox
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 5:30:02 PM
At 9/11/2012 3:00:02 PM, Dogknox wrote:
72 hour rounds please.

alex1094 A mountain of crutches, canes and wheel chairs at Lourdes France tells you God does Exist. Thousands and thousands of people cured! 67 documented investigated PROVEN without any doubt: "Miracles"!

alex1094 At "Fatima" in Portugal in 1917 the Virgin Mary told three Children she would give them a sign!!
1000 people witnessed the Miracle; "The sun danced in the sky in a zig-zag pattern!"

The popish church has deluded millions with its fake miracles. Y'all are as good as the Holy Rollers - and about as believable.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:21:11 PM
At 9/11/2012 5:30:02 PM, annanicole wrote:
72 hour rounds please.

The popish church has deluded millions with its fake miracles. Y'all are as good as the Holy Rollers - and about as believable.
annanicole Accusation is all you got!!
Do your own homework!! FACT Remains: This popish church you hate so much, is the ONLY CHURCH Jesus formed!
You are so sure Jesus abandoned his bride for your thousands and thousands of Man made churches... Okay; Tell me, what church is Jesus now in, out of all your thousands and thousand of these man made churches!!!?

The very fact there are these thousands of protesting churches proves beyond all doubt, the Holy Spirit can't be guiding any one of them!!

God cannot error, he CAN'T guide into error, he can't be telling one man made church "Man can't lose salvation" and another protestant church "Man CAN lose salvation"! LOGIC ALONE proves I am right!!

Jesus formed One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church and he is still with her! Jesus' bride is Catholic because God is Catholic, God is everywhere in the world!! His Body is in all nations, over One Billion Catholic, all being fed the; True Manna come down from heaven! All being nourished by; The Life come down from heaven!!

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

Jesus' body can't die, the Catholic Church is Jesus' holy body; Jesus feeds his body TRUE LIFE, living forever food that gives life!!

annanicole AFTER ALL...
Ephesians 5:29
After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church" 30 for we are members of his body.

The "Miracles" are true, the thousands of crutches, canes and wheel chairs PROVE people are healed by God! They PROVE Mary is MOTHER, she cares for her children!
annanicole Deny them all but "YOUR" denial proves nothing except your own ignorance and PRIDE!

Dogknox
MattDescopa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:28:22 PM
At 9/11/2012 6:21:11 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 9/11/2012 5:30:02 PM, annanicole wrote:
72 hour rounds please.

annanicole Accusation is all you got!!
Do your own homework!! FACT Remains: This popish church you hate so much, is the ONLY CHURCH Jesus formed!
You are so sure Jesus abandoned his bride for your thousands and thousands of Man made churches... Okay; Tell me, what church is Jesus now in, out of all your thousands and thousand of these man made churches!!!?

The very fact there are these thousands of protesting churches proves beyond all doubt, the Holy Spirit can't be guiding any one of them!!

God cannot error, he CAN'T guide into error, he can't be telling one man made church "Man can't lose salvation" and another protestant church "Man CAN lose salvation"! LOGIC ALONE proves I am right!!

Jesus formed One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church and he is still with her! Jesus' bride is Catholic because God is Catholic, God is everywhere in the world!! His Body is in all nations, over One Billion Catholic, all being fed the; True Manna come down from heaven! All being nourished by; The Life come down from heaven!!

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

Jesus' body can't die, the Catholic Church is Jesus' holy body; Jesus feeds his body TRUE LIFE, living forever food that gives life!!

annanicole AFTER ALL...
Ephesians 5:29
After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church" 30 for we are members of his body.

The "Miracles" are true, the thousands of crutches, canes and wheel chairs PROVE people are healed by God! They PROVE Mary is MOTHER, she cares for her children!
annanicole Deny them all but "YOUR" denial proves nothing except your own ignorance and PRIDE!

Dogknox

why do you type like that? Its kind of annoying.

You and Annanicole argue so much, I've skimmed the other forums. Don't you guys ever get tired of arguing with each other?
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:31:05 PM
At 9/11/2012 6:28:22 PM, MattDescopa wrote:

You and Annanicole argue so much, I've skimmed the other forums. Don't you guys ever get tired of arguing with each other?

Hahhahha I know I was thinking the same thing. It's the same conversation in every thread too hahah.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:32:53 PM
"The "Miracles" are true, the thousands of crutches, canes and wheel chairs PROVE people are healed by God! "

I can find the same "proof" among Protestant Holy Rollers. Same crap. Different bunch of fakes. When you succeed in disproving the Pentecostal Holy Roller miracles, you'll disprove your own right along with 'em.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:32:55 PM
At 9/11/2012 6:31:05 PM, stubs wrote:

Hahhahha I know I was thinking the same thing. It's the same conversation in every thread too hahah.

This. Dognox seems to be a one stringed guitar...
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:36:00 PM

One say's, you do not go to the right church. The other say's, you do not have the Holy Ghost.:
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:45:47 PM

Haha, yeah, and I don't know why I argue with him. He never answers anything, anyhow - just spews the same ole bs endlessly.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:48:08 PM
At 9/11/2012 6:36:00 PM, TheAsylum wrote:

One say's, you do not go to the right church. The other say's, you do not have the Holy Ghost.:

Scotty, I said you do not have the Holy Ghost directly leading you along anymore than the pope of Rome does. Same difference. You claim it ... He claims it ... Ellen White claimed it ... Joseph Smith claims it. And each of you say (or would say) that all the rest are wrong.

I said that, if the Holy Spirit dwells in you, He does so representatively through means of the word.
MattDescopa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:49:16 PM
At 9/11/2012 6:45:47 PM, annanicole wrote:

Haha, yeah, and I don't know why I argue with him. He never answers anything, anyhow - just spews the same ole bs endlessly.

What is your view on other denominations fate in the afterlife?

Some Christians say that only their denomination will go to paradise whereas others say that other denominations such as catholicism and protestanism will go to paradise but definetly not Mormons or Seventh Day Adventists.
EricPrice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:52:20 PM
I am observing with satisfaction the trancelike statements of god's tossers.

Posting to Internet sites while rejecting the promise of heaven at the same time.

Is it better for the "true believer" to play about on the Internet machine than to go and be with Jesus?

Yes. Yes it is. As we can see for ourselves in this very thread.
MattDescopa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 6:53:19 PM

I'm not saying its a bad thing BTW. I think its actually good for you so you keep practising your Christian theology.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:01:39 PM
At 9/11/2012 6:49:16 PM, MattDescopa wrote:

Some Christians say that only their denomination will go to paradise whereas others say that other denominations such as catholicism and protestanism will go to paradise but definetly not Mormons or Seventh Day Adventists.

I believe that every person who hears the gospel of Christ, believes it, repents of his sins, confesses faith in Christ, and is baptized into Christ is right then and there saved - has the remission of sins - and is a member of the church of which Jesus said, "I will build."
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:05:07 PM
Scotty, I said you do not have the Holy Ghost directly leading you along anymore than the pope of Rome does.:

Same difference. You claim it ... He claims it ... Ellen White claimed it ... Joseph Smith claims it. And each of you say (or would say) that all the rest are wrong.

I said that, if the Holy Spirit dwells in you, He does so representatively through means of the word.:

Who knows what you say. You change your stance constantly. You say well we do not have the Holy Ghost only the apostles did. Then you said that the Holy Ghost moves around. Then you said that it only works through the Word of God. Now, it can be in us but only when we are reading the Word of God. Idk, what you mean, you are a moving target.

Well, I agree that the Holy Ghost works through the Word of God. We all know as Christians that the Holy Word is our faith and rock. We also need not to forget that The Son, The Father, and The Holy Ghost are 3 in 1. This mean's that all three are the Word. If you have the Holy Ghost then the Word is working through you. The difference between me and those people you claim, (and I am assuming their error), I do not do miracles, I do not see the future, It does not direct me away from what the Word actually say's and It can not and will not. I can read the Word of God and understand it and it is not me that can understand it's true meaning but the Holy Ghost revealing that to me. The Holy Ghost gives me conviction and hope when I am out in public and not reading the Word. The Holy Ghost is my comfort at all times, just as Jesus Christ said it would be.
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:06:58 PM
I believe that every person who hears the gospel of Christ, believes it, repents of his sins, confesses faith in Christ, and is baptized into Christ is right then and there saved - has the remission of sins - and is a member of the church of which Jesus said, "I will build.":
MattDescopa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:09:45 PM
At 9/11/2012 7:01:39 PM, annanicole wrote:

I believe that every person who hears the gospel of Christ, believes it, repents of his sins, confesses faith in Christ, and is baptized into Christ is right then and there saved - has the remission of sins - and is a member of the church of which Jesus said, "I will build."

So you think only Baptists (people who believe you must be baptized to achieve salvations) will attain paradise? So no Catholics and Protestants?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:16:02 PM
At 9/11/2012 7:05:07 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
Scotty, I said you do not have the Holy Ghost directly leading you along anymore than the pope of Rome does.:

Same difference. You claim it ... He claims it ... Ellen White claimed it ... Joseph Smith claims it. And each of you say (or would say) that all the rest are wrong.

I said that, if the Holy Spirit dwells in you, He does so representatively through means of the word.:

Who knows what you say. You change your stance constantly. You say well we do not have the Holy Ghost only the apostles did.

I said only the apostles had that measure of the Spirit known as the paraclete, advocate, or Comforter.

Then you said that the Holy Ghost moves around.

If by "move around", you means literally move in and out of people, I say that indeed He did do that. King Saul was the example.

Then you said that it only works through the Word of God. Now, it can be in us but only when we are reading the Word of God.

I said as the word of God dwells in you, so does the Spirit. I never said "only when you are reading."

Idk, what you mean, you are a moving target.

Nope, I've said the same stuff.

Well, I agree that the Holy Ghost works through the Word of God. We all know as Christians that the Holy Word is our faith and rock. We also need not to forget that The Son, The Father, and The Holy Ghost are 3 in 1. This mean's that all three are the Word. If you have the Holy Ghost then the Word is working through you.

No, the Spirit works through the word - not the word through the Spirit.

The difference between me and those people you claim, (and I am assuming their error), I do not do miracles, I do not see the future, It does not direct me away from what the Word actually say's and It can not and will not.

That's because the Spirit directs you solely through the word.

I can read the Word of God and understand it and it is not me that can understand it's true meaning but the Holy Ghost revealing that to me.

No, I think you'll find that the Bible is understandable without any additional "revealing." 'Tis folly to claim that the Spirit revealed the written word, but did so in such a way that it is mysterious, incomprehensible, cloudy ... without further Spirit illumination.

The Holy Ghost gives me conviction and hope when I am out in public and not reading the Word.

If so, it is because the "word of Christ dwells in you richly", not because of some miraculous, better-felt-than-told, inexplicable "Spirit leading".

The Holy Ghost is my comfort at all times, just as Jesus Christ said it would be.

Yes, through the word.

Why do you persist in claiming the Spirit is "revealing" stuff to you - independent of the word? Why imply that you just can't understand the Bible without additional "revealing"?
GenesisCreation
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:25:10 PM
At 9/11/2012 7:09:45 PM, MattDescopa wrote:

So you think only Baptists (people who believe you must be baptized to achieve salvations) will attain paradise? So no Catholics and Protestants?

Baptists believe in full submersion, not salvation by baptism.
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
GenesisCreation
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:26:45 PM

In fact, Catholics believe you must be baptized for salvation, so I'm not sure what you're even saying.
MattDescopa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:27:03 PM
At 9/11/2012 7:25:10 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:

they believe in the remission of sins through baptism? Sorry about that but basically if your not baptized your in trouble right?
GenesisCreation
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:29:12 PM
At 9/11/2012 7:27:03 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/11/2012 7:25:10 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:

they believe in the remission of sins through baptism? Sorry about that but basically if your not baptized your in trouble right?

No. Baptists don't believe that. Catholics do. They call it a sacrament, which by definition, is a means for grace to enter the believer.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:29:46 PM

I don't know about "Baptists", but I certainly believe a person must repent and be baptized in order to be saved.
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:31:32 PM
I don't know about "Baptists", but I certainly believe a person must repent and be baptized in order to be saved.:

May I ask what denomination you are?
I really do not claim a denomination at all. Though I was saved and baptized within the baptist denomination.
GenesisCreation
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:36:17 PM
At 9/11/2012 7:29:46 PM, annanicole wrote:

I don't know about "Baptists", but I certainly believe a person must repent and be baptized in order to be saved.

I agree we must repent and be baptized, but Baptism is an ordinance. It does not save you.
Did the thief on the cross receive baptism?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:39:19 PM
At 9/11/2012 7:36:17 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:

I agree we must repent and be baptized, but Baptism is an ordinance. It does not save you.

I do not know if he did or not. I do know that he lived and died a Jew before the Great Commission had been given.
GenesisCreation
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 8:05:29 PM
At 9/11/2012 7:39:19 PM, annanicole wrote:

I do not know if he did or not. I do know that he lived and died a Jew before the Great Commission had been given.

So, before Christ died what was needed for salvation? Just repentance?

How does that work? I thought Christ made it possible for salvation to occur through his death. How did the thief get saved before....unless.....(drumroll) faith alone is required.

Of course, maybe Jesus made an exception with the thief.
GenesisCreation
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 8:20:11 PM

...and how do you know he was a Jew? Are you trying to imply that he was saved under the old covenant? Why then was he executed for thievery? Do good and faithful Jews steal?

The scripture calls him a criminal and a thief. Not a Jew, not even ethnically. He could have been a Samaritan or a greek....
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 8:33:22 PM
At 9/11/2012 8:05:29 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:

So, before Christ died what was needed for salvation? Just repentance?

How does that work? I thought Christ made it possible for salvation to occur through his death. How did the thief get saved before....unless.....(drumroll) faith alone is required.

Of course, maybe Jesus made an exception with the thief.

No, I don't think he made an exception. You may take that position if you wish. Certainly repentance was required before Christ's death. The thief, of course, was pronounced a saved man under the Jewish law and is not an example of Christian conversion any more than the conversion of David or Solomon or Isaiah might be.