Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

5 Tremendous Facts

TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 12:43:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
FIVE TREMENDOUS FACTS

1. Jesus, a peasant, is hailed today as King by people speaking 750 languages and dialects, in all climes, and of all classes. People of every color raise to Him the song of praise and crown Him "Lord of all." There is nothing like this in all history. No other has ever approached this degree of sovereignty. His kingdom pervades the world. It is a fact that challenges thought. No world conqueror has ever had such an empire. Beside this the royalty of men like Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, Napoleon, and more modern aspirants is shadowy and ghostlike. His is an abiding and a spiritual dominion

2. Though an unlettered peasant, Jesus has become the world's greatest teacher. For all our best knowledge of God, for the revelation of divine Fatherly love, for our highest ideals of virtue, for man's most glorious hope, people on all sides look to Him. Not only men of the highest rank, but men of the richest culture sit at His feet. The purest souls sit at His feet. His golden rule will never be supplanted. His name has become the synonym for all that is true and gracious. To be Christ-like must ever remain man's highest ideal.

3. He was a Jew, and yet He founded the brotherhood of man. In His day Jews had no dealings with Samaritans. Answer: But Jesus had. Jews were fenced off from all other nations in the most exclusive way. But His heart was all-inclusive, and He broke down all walls that separated class from class as well as nation from nation. His thought was universal. His spirit was international. He founded a kingdom based, as Napoleon said, not on force but on love, and love is universal. It leaps over mountains, it spans space. Answer: It speaks in all tongues. The true League of Nations and the real disarmament are part of His plan for the world. He was son of Israel only incidentally. Essentially He was Son of Man--the true brother of all mankind.

4. His life was short, but it changed the world. No one ever did so much in so short a time. At the most his years numbered thirty-three years, and of these only a little less than three were devoted to public ministry, and these were spent in a conquered province of the Roman Empire. He was killed by aliens at the request of His own countrymen. And yet time is reckoned from His birth. The very terms B. C. and A. D. have great significance. He divides not only time, but also space. The nations are Christian and non-Christian, which is about equal to saying, civilized and barbarous. One has only to think of the ideals and practices of pagan people before they received the influences of Christianity to see the difference He makes everywhere. No tribe on earth was ever lifted from savagery by the influence of Socrates, no crime-soaked soul was ever saved by his name and yet Socrates was the wisest and noblest of the Greeks. He lived for seventy years and for forty years taught the young men in the most cultured age and among the most intellectual people in the world. But Jesus has lifted cannibals and washed the souls of men who were steeped in blackest vice. The rationalist Lecky said that the simple record of His three brief years of active life had done more to regenerate and soften mankind than all the inquisitions of philosophers and than all the exhortations of moralists.

5. He was crucified, and made of the cross a throne from which to rule the hearts of men. The cross was a gallows far more hideous and cruel than the hangman's gallows. It was the symbol of crime, of shame, of degradation. He transformed it. It is today the symbol of love, of purity, of virtue. His dream came true. Once only did a man dream that by dying upon a cross would He teach men to say that God is love, that love is universal, that there is hope for sinners, and that the worship of God must be spiritual. This is the miracle of the ages. The Crucified has become the King.

Here then are five tremendous facts. They are unique If only one were true it would make Him remarkable, but they are all true.

http://ldolphin.org...
larztheloser
Posts: 857
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 1:22:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
If you think you can prove any of the above, please challenge me to a debate. Right now I'm doing one on whether Christ even existed, something which I personally doubt.
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 1:26:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/12/2012 1:22:23 AM, larztheloser wrote:
If you think you can prove any of the above, please challenge me to a debate. Right now I'm doing one on whether Christ even existed, something which I personally doubt.

You doubt Jesus Christ existed just as man? Plus, all the above is verified. It would be a slaughter. Are they not billions of people who proclaim, Jesus God, that he is king, that he was Jewish and poor and claim to be in his kingdom? All I have to do is show that they are, you know they are.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 1:34:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/12/2012 1:26:58 AM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/12/2012 1:22:23 AM, larztheloser wrote:
If you think you can prove any of the above, please challenge me to a debate. Right now I'm doing one on whether Christ even existed, something which I personally doubt.

You doubt Jesus Christ existed just as man? Plus, all the above is verified. It would be a slaughter. Are they not billions of people who proclaim, Jesus God, that he is king, that he was Jewish and poor and claim to be in his kingdom? All I have to do is show that they are, you know they are.

Challenge him to a debate and protect our faiths from his heathen mouth.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 1:41:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
You doubt Jesus Christ existed just as man? Plus, all the above is verified. It would be a slaughter. Are they not billions of people who proclaim, Jesus God, that he is king, that he was Jewish and poor and claim to be in his kingdom? All I have to do is show that they are, you know they are.

Challenge him to a debate and protect our faiths from his heathen mouth.

I may. I am waiting to see if He is serious because He would be crazy if he is. I also would like the full definition of what He is claiming.
larztheloser
Posts: 857
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 1:44:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am absolutely serious.

My claim, in full, is that there is very strong evidence to believe that the character of Jesus is a myth, and none that he is a historical figure. I define the character of Jesus as the person written about in the Bible, regardless of whether the Bible is accurate or not.
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 1:47:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/12/2012 1:44:21 AM, larztheloser wrote:
I am absolutely serious.

My claim, in full, is that there is very strong evidence to believe that the character of Jesus is a myth, and none that he is a historical figure. I define the character of Jesus as the person written about in the Bible, regardless of whether the Bible is accurate or not.

Ok, let me get this straight. You are proclaiming, that Jesus is not real. That a person named Jesus lived in Jerusalem during 4BC until 33AD, or such, is not real at all? This meaning that it does not matter if He could do miracles and the things described in the Bible?
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 1:47:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/12/2012 1:34:07 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Challenge him to a debate and protect our faiths from his heathen mouth.

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Debate with TheAsylum is fultile as I experienced again recently with a Thread where he was asked by me to provide legitimate evidence for his claims and all I received was lies, excuses and more false accusations and claims!

Despite his claims that his Cult and holy-spirit power could substantiate his Patriarchal bullying ideology, he ran for cover licking his fatal wounds as a gutless malignant sinning coward bleating more unsubstantiated insults, pathetic excuses for his Cults failure, his holy-spirit failure and his own absolute personal failures!

Next!
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 1:48:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/12/2012 1:47:39 AM, Composer wrote:
At 9/12/2012 1:34:07 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Challenge him to a debate and protect our faiths from his heathen mouth.

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Debate with TheAsylum is fultile as I experienced again recently with a Thread where he was asked by me to provide legitimate evidence for his claims and all I received was lies, excuses and more false accusations and claims!

Despite his claims that his Cult and holy-spirit power could substantiate his Patriarchal bullying ideology, he ran for cover licking his fatal wounds as a gutless malignant sinning coward bleating more unsubstantiated insults, pathetic excuses for his Cults failure, his holy-spirit failure and his own absolute personal failures!

Next!

^LOL. Yeah people believe you and take you very serious Composer.
larztheloser
Posts: 857
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 1:54:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
If Jesus existed historically, that in and of itself would provide evidence that there were no miracles, so as an atheist it would be to my disadvantage. I speak as somebody who has been claiming this for about 10 years and who has never seen any reliable historical evidence for Jesus' existence, as a man (not a God). In fact I have seen more reliable evidence that he exists right now than that he did 2000 years ago in the Roman province of Judea. I have researched this extensively so it's not out of ignorance that I make this claim. I am happy to debate this. However, on your question, I think given that the name "Jesus", as the Hebrew form of the Greek Joshua, was a very common name, it is simply statistically probable that a few people in Jerusalem were called Jesus around that time. My claim is that these Jesuses are not the Jesus who was written about in the Bible. It may well be that there was a non-God Jesus who had no power but was idolised after his death, making the Bible an inaccurate account, but I fail to see any evidence for that either. The Jesus who was written about in the Bible not only did not exist out of the complete lack of evidence, but out of the strong evidence that I have since found, in my research, that Jesus is mythic. So if you truly believe in your top post, challenge me!
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 2:10:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Larz, it's interesting that you doubt the existence of Jesus as a man so strongly. Firstly, there's a whole host of biblical support for his existence, which isn't to be dismissed lightly. More interesting though are secular accounts of Jesus existing. I watched a documentary series (I think called The Christ Files, yes, the host is a Christian) on this issue.

All that said, my knowledge would be insufficient for a debate.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 2:35:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/12/2012 1:48:59 AM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/12/2012 1:47:39 AM, Composer wrote:
At 9/12/2012 1:34:07 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Challenge him to a debate and protect our faiths from his heathen mouth.

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Debate with TheAsylum is fultile as I experienced again recently with a Thread where he was asked by me to provide legitimate evidence for his claims and all I received was lies, excuses and more false accusations and claims!

Despite his claims that his Cult and holy-spirit power could substantiate his Patriarchal bullying ideology, he ran for cover licking his fatal wounds as a gutless malignant sinning coward bleating more unsubstantiated insults, pathetic excuses for his Cults failure, his holy-spirit failure and his own absolute personal failures!

Next!

^LOL. Yeah people believe you and take you very serious Composer.

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: I know that whether they do or do not admit to taking me seriously, regardless, they, like you the proven Story book jesus' reject, can't legitimately refute what I teach either and I remain vindicated with or without your or their approval, especially my using your or their own preferred Story book to defeat ANY Cult, even as already proved, yours!

Next!
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 2:41:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/12/2012 2:37:03 AM, larztheloser wrote:
Composer, I think people would take you 100% more seriously if you wrote clear, structured and grammatically correct sentences.

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Perhaps you could start a New Thread and explain to us what it is I wrote that you don't understand?

Much better luck next times!

Next!
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 2:45:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/12/2012 1:41:41 AM, TheAsylum wrote:
You doubt Jesus Christ existed just as man? Plus, all the above is verified. It would be a slaughter. Are they not billions of people who proclaim, Jesus God, that he is king, that he was Jewish and poor and claim to be in his kingdom? All I have to do is show that they are, you know they are.

Challenge him to a debate and protect our faiths from his heathen mouth.

I may. I am waiting to see if He is serious because He would be crazy if he is. I also would like the full definition of what He is claiming.

If you do, make sure you read through this site first, these guys regard it as Scripture and regurgitate it incessantly../I suppose they think it makes them look informed.

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com...
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
larztheloser
Posts: 857
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 2:46:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm not saying I don't understand you. You know when shops have front windows saying they offer a "garuantee" and you don't believe them because they can't even spell guarantee? Yeah, it's that kind of effect. Or maybe it's just me. Anyway, we both seem to more or less agree on this thread so let's just leave it.
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 3:02:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/12/2012 2:46:27 AM, larztheloser wrote:
Well I do see your point to a degree there Larz. Jesus's name was not Jesus or Joshua in actual Hebrew. His name was "Yehoshuah", "Yeshu", or "Yeshua".

For the record, There was no one named the above that lived & was recorded in the Biblical account of the so called today, 'Jesus of Nazereth'? We are not debating that Jesus performed miracles or that the Biblical account is not valid? We are debating that a man we call Jesus today never existed? Am I right?
larztheloser
Posts: 857
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 3:20:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yip, you're right. You don't need to prove that everything the Bible says about Jesus is true, you just need to prove that Jesus was a real historical figure as opposed to a made-up one.
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 3:24:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/12/2012 3:20:41 AM, larztheloser wrote:
Yip, you're right. You don't need to prove that everything the Bible says about Jesus is true, you just need to prove that Jesus was a real historical figure as opposed to a made-up one.

Ok, you challenged me. You figure up the debate and send it my way. I will post in the comment section if I want to change anything. I will be waiting.