Jump to topic:

Righteousness: Stealing.

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 6:12:41 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Note: I believe that Christianity is not a religion, to luke-warm Christians it is one. I have only written this in this forum for two reasons only, so that you may know where it is and so there is no petty arguing over this small, now longer existing matter.

My love for my God, I want to know and do what is right, the good which God has instore for me. I will boast about Him and the things He has done for me. What is righteousness? I will say one thing that amazed me, not that I am boasting about my self but about the righteousness of God, for what happened was the work of God, not me alone.

I was hungry so I walked into my kicten for something to snack on, my brother brought some mini coka cola muffins the day before. They only cost him 50p because they went out of date on the 17th this month (September). I took one and ate it. The night before my brother offered me one, and I gladdy accepted and ate it, well after denying it to begin with, you know what it is like. You want to have something which people offer, but at that same time you would rather not accept their generosity. It has something to do with psychology, I'll leave it there. However, that one small muffin did not at all do anything, it was like swallowing a fly, so I went back into the kicten to finsh off the pack, the last one. I came and sat at the family computer again, having taken one bite out of the muffin, my conscious struck me! Do not steal, it may taste sweet at first, but later it will taste like a mouth full of gravel. That went through my mind, I tried to eat the last half but my mouth would not open.

Taste buds on my tongue started to tingle but my mouth would not open for it. If I held it up to my mouth any longer I would have started to dwall. Ther crums which were in my mouth I could not swallow.

The muffin was half eaten, what do I do? I walked back into the kicten, I wapped it up in tissue and put it in the fridge. I saw some crums on the side where I had placed it down. I re-opened to fridge door, took out the muffin which was wapped up in tissue and placed the crums with the half eaten muffin, this happened twice.

Why could I not just have eaten it! It is still in the fridge now. At that time, I felt a separation from the world and my consciousness. This is righteousness despite the value of things, you should not do these things, in this case steal.

I would have taken the muffin and scoffed it all down my throut if I was not a Christian! Scoff scoff scoff, yum yum yum, muffin in my tummy tum tum!

This is an example of the righeousness of God, so much more than the worlds. The half of the muffin which is left is my brothers, IT IS NOT MIND, IT NEVER WAS. How dare I take it away from him!
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 6:39:44 PM
At 9/18/2009 6:12:41 PM, GodSands wrote:
I would have taken the muffin and scoffed it all down my throut if I was not a Christian! Scoff scoff scoff, yum yum yum, muffin in my tummy tum tum!

Wow, you're a terrible person.

I'm not a Christian, and not even *I* would do that to a family member. Imagine that, I'm not a Christian, and even *my* morals are better than yours.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 6:41:42 PM
: At 9/18/2009 6:39:44 PM, Kleptin wrote:

I'm not a Christian, and not even *I* would do that to a family member. Imagine that, I'm not a Christian, and even *my* morals are better than yours.

I could never have guessed.
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 6:45:10 PM
If the only reason you refrain from committing crimes is because of divine punishment, then I'd reckon that reveals a lot about your character.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 6:45:40 PM
: At 9/18/2009 6:41:42 PM, GodSands wrote:
I would have taken the muffin and scoffed it all down my throat if I was not a Christian! Scoff scoff scoff, yum yum yum, muffin in my tummy tum tum!

Seriously what I did then, God killed His son Jesus over. If it was the only sin ever commited Jesus would still have died on that cross, and there would be no less publicity about who Jesus is and what he did for the world! This is how much God hates, hates sin! I want that hatred.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 8:32:43 PM
At 9/18/2009 6:45:40 PM, GodSands wrote:
Seriously what I did then, God killed His son Jesus over. If it was the only sin ever commited Jesus would still have died on that cross, and there would be no less publicity about who Jesus is and what he did for the world! This is how much God hates, hates sin! I want that hatred.

I thought God was supposed to be benevolent. He should love sins.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 8:53:39 PM
At 9/18/2009 6:41:42 PM, GodSands wrote:

Well yeah, that's because you're a terrible person. Look at the list so far:

You steal your brother's muffins and eat them all up. Then, conscience pangs and it's only because of GOD? Because of CHRIST?

Do you know how many people on earth are examples of Christ without Christ? Who are exemplary models of morality, even WITHOUT God to guide them?

These are the people who get their strength to be good people from themselves, and not from God. You have God's strength in you, and Christ in your heart, and you still sin like that?

Sheesh.
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 8:54:34 PM
At 9/18/2009 8:32:43 PM, Volkov wrote:

See, even as a believer in God, I don't subscribe to that 'omnibenevolent' bullsh!t that a lot of Christians put out these days; the only reason that Christians use it is because the idea of an omnibenevolent creator appeals to people far than talk of fire and brimstone, AKA, divine punishment; if you don't believe me, ask the Puritans.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 10:53:20 PM
Note: I believe that Christianity is not a religion, to luke-warm Christians it is one. I have only written this in this forum for two reasons only, so that you may know where it is and so there is no petty arguing over this small, now longer existing matter.

My love for my God, I want to know and do what is right, the good which God has instore for me. I will boast about Him and the things He has done for me. What is righteousness? I will say one thing that amazed me, not that I am boasting about my self but about the righteousness of God, for what happened was the work of God, not me alone.

I was hungry so I walked into my kicten for something to snack on, my brother brought some mini coka cola muffins the day before. They only cost him 50p because they went out of date on the 17th this month (September). I took one and ate it. The night before my brother offered me one, and I gladdy accepted and ate it, well after denying it to begin with, you know what it is like. You want to have something which people offer, but at that same time you would rather not accept their generosity. It has something to do with psychology, I'll leave it there. However, that one small muffin did not at all do anything, it was like swallowing a fly, so I went back into the kicten to finsh off the pack, the last one. I came and sat at the family computer again, having taken one bite out of the muffin, my conscious struck me! Do not steal, it may taste sweet at first, but later it will taste like a mouth full of gravel. That went through my mind, I tried to eat the last half but my mouth would not open.

Taste buds on my tongue started to tingle but my mouth would not open for it. If I held it up to my mouth any longer I would have started to dwall. Ther crums which were in my mouth I could not swallow.

The muffin was half eaten, what do I do? I walked back into the kicten, I wapped it up in tissue and put it in the fridge. I saw some crums on the side where I had placed it down. I re-opened to fridge door, took out the muffin which was wapped up in tissue and placed the crums with the half eaten muffin, this happened twice.

Why could I not just have eaten it! It is still in the fridge now. At that time, I felt a separation from the world and my consciousness. This is righteousness despite the value of things, you should not do these things, in this case steal.

This is an example of the righeousness of God, so much more than the worlds. The half of the muffin which is left is my brothers, IT IS NOT MIND, IT NEVER WAS. How dare I take it away from him!

Righteous means 'right-wise-ness' and God alone makes us wise with His wisdom; first you listened to yourself, then to Him.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 11:35:45 PM
At 9/18/2009 8:54:34 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
See, even as a believer in God, I don't subscribe to that 'omnibenevolent' bullsh!t that a lot of Christians put out these days; the only reason that Christians use it is because the idea of an omnibenevolent creator appeals to people far than talk of fire and brimstone, AKA, divine punishment; if you don't believe me, ask the Puritans.

It would make more sense to me if God wasn't omnibenevolent. It just doesn't seem possible. Too contradictory, and God can't be that contradictory. If he was privy to the emotions we felt - and as His creation, made in His image, it would make sense if He was - then it makes sense why He acts the way He does in the Bible, and in general reality.
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 1:39:18 AM
The muffin was half eaten, what do I do? I walked back into the kicten, I wapped it up in tissue and put it in the fridge.

And who the f would want you half-eaten muffin?

You DID take the muffin, and you DID scoffed it down. You stole a muffin. Putting half of it back with your germs on does not make you less of a thief. You stole a muffin.

What Christianity did to you is make you put half of the muffin back and then trick you into thinking that it makes you a better person. It don't.
So prove me wrong, then.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 5:29:17 AM
At 9/18/2009 11:35:45 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 9/18/2009 8:54:34 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

It would make more sense to me if God wasn't omnibenevolent. It just doesn't seem possible. Too contradictory, and God can't be that contradictory. If he was privy to the emotions we felt - and as His creation, made in His image, it would make sense if He was - then it makes sense why He acts the way He does in the Bible, and in general reality.

It is human emotion that is contradictory, contrary, changeable.

Jesus Christ is the SAME; yesterday, today and FOREVER.
The Cross.. the Cross.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 5:52:07 AM
Righteous means 'right-wise-ness' and God alone makes us wise with His wisdom; first you listened to yourself, then to Him.

I did that, my conscious spoke to me, God gave all of us a conscious. If you have the Holy Spirit in you, you will know what is right. I explained at the top that it was the righteousness of God.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 5:52:57 AM
: At 9/18/2009 8:32:43 PM, Volkov wrote:

Have another think on that one.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 5:55:45 AM
: At 9/18/2009 8:53:39 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 9/18/2009 6:41:42 PM, GodSands wrote:

Well yeah, that's because you're a terrible person. Look at the list so far:

You steal your brother's muffins and eat them all up. Then, conscience pangs and it's only because of GOD? Because of CHRIST?

Do you know how many people on earth are examples of Christ without Christ? Who are exemplary models of morality, even WITHOUT God to guide them?

These are the people who get their strength to be good people from themselves, and not from God. You have God's strength in you, and Christ in your heart, and you still sin like that?

Sheesh.

God sees right to the heart, no matter what you steal God will not punish you by the value of things. But by your actions. Blessed are those who moarn over their sin.

My brother didn't even notice or even care, and I would still feel the same about it, even if he was angry.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 6:16:35 AM
At 9/18/2009 8:32:43 PM, Volkov wrote:

On the contrary: If one loves one MUST hate:

If one loves righteousness one hates sin..
If one loves truth one hates lies..
If one loves justice one hates injustice..
If one love babies one hates abortion..
And so on and so forth.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 6:35:37 AM
The fact that you created an entire thread about this little situation where your morals were tested so hard makes me wonder how much of an egotist you really are, GodSands.

Let's count the ways, shall we?

1. You create pointless threads to talk about how righteous you are.

2. You disregard everyone's opinion if they do not agree with you.

3. Any time someone explains something to you, you come back with either a non-related question or you refuse to understand it, which is probably just a veil for your inability to mentally accept that someone else with whom you do not agree with has a valid idea.

4. Any time you've been humbled and have known it, you come back later ranting and raving about something else no one knows, cares about or understands.

5. You claim to know a lot of things, which I'm sure you do, but you never show it; you claim to understand evolution, but when someone actually explains it to you, you say they're wrong and that whatever you believe evolution to be is actually what the theory is.

I can find five ways in under five minutes that shows you're nothing but an egotist. I mean, who seriously creates an entire thread to show how righteous they are by not eating something that was not theirs to eat in the first place?

I don't know about you, but the non-Christian glutton that I am would tell me not to do such a thing, and then say to everyone, "look how good I am not to do this!"

Shame on you, GodSands.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 6:49:30 AM
At 9/19/2009 5:55:45 AM, GodSands wrote:
God sees right to the heart, no matter what you steal God will not punish you by the value of things. But by your actions. Blessed are those who moarn over their sin.

My brother didn't even notice or even care, and I would still feel the same about it, even if he was angry.

That doesn't change anything. Like you said, the value doesn't matter. You stole from your brother, willingly, knowingly, even though you claim to be a Christian.

There are so many people who don't have the grace of God, and who would not only retrain themselves, but probably even use their own money to buy more muffins for not just their brother, but for the whole family.

How is it that you, an alleged Christian, fall in morality whereas so many godless people are saintly compared to you?

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 7:27:41 AM
: At 9/19/2009 6:35:37 AM, Volkov wrote:
The fact that you created an entire thread about this little situation where your morals were tested so hard makes me wonder how much of an egotist you really are, GodSands.

Let's count the ways, shall we?

2. You disregard everyone's opinion if they do not agree with you.

3. Any time someone explains something to you, you come back with either a non-related question or you refuse to understand it, which is probably just a veil for your inability to mentally accept that someone else with whom you do not agree with has a valid idea.

4. Any time you've been humbled and have known it, you come back later ranting and raving about something else no one knows, cares about or understands.

5. You claim to know a lot of things, which I'm sure you do, but you never show it; you claim to understand evolution, but when someone actually explains it to you, you say they're wrong and that whatever you believe evolution to be is actually what the theory is.

I can find five ways in under five minutes that shows you're nothing but an egotist. I mean, who seriously creates an entire thread to show how righteous they are by not eating something that was not theirs to eat in the first place?

I don't know about you, but the non-Christian glutton that I am would tell me not to do such a thing, and then say to everyone, "look how good I am not to do this!"

Shame on you, GodSands.

You Volkov really have no idea, keep saying shame on me please.

I explain it was God working through me, at the top. Have you not read?

Evolution has little to do with this right now. You are angry with me, is that why you keep repeating your self, "Shame on you, GodSands."?
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 7:31:53 AM
At 9/19/2009 7:27:41 AM, GodSands wrote:

I explain it was God working through me, at the top. Have you not read?

That means nothing, GodSands. You created this thread to prove a point, and that point is that your version of God is a righteous one, and keeps you from doing evil things that you assume all non-believers do. You created this thread with the idea in mind that you would show those uppity atheists that God is real and that you're His righteous messenger. You're full of it, and you know it.
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 7:39:52 AM
At 9/19/2009 5:55:45 AM, GodSands wrote:

Right, because he *might* have cared, so you did wrong. God did not save you or help you, you had already done wrong before your consciousness happened. Did god work through you? Obviously not, then you wouldn't have taken the muffin.

Did god make you feel bad? No, *you* did, after you realized it was wrong.

Your problem is not that you are a sinner, nor is it god. Your probelm was that you didn't think "is this the right thing to do" *before* stealing the muffin. And your savior isn't god either. It's you, if you can remember to think first and act later next time.

God had nothing to do with this. You knew it was wrong to steal before you ever even knew who god was. You just forgot to think first.
So prove me wrong, then.
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 7:40:11 AM
At 9/19/2009 5:52:07 AM, GodSands wrote:
I did that, my conscious spoke to me, God gave all of us a conscious.

Not me. I have one anyway.
So prove me wrong, then.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 7:58:39 AM
ha ha ha

Godsands, now I know why everyone says you can only have morality with religion.

Stealing from your own brother. Instead of apologizing and/or reimbursing him for the stolen item, you place the scanty remains back in the wrapping for him to find later. You set such high standards for us immoral atheists. How will we ever reach them?
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 8:21:50 AM
: At 9/19/2009 7:58:39 AM, JBlake wrote:
ha ha ha

Godsands, now I know why everyone says you can only have morality with religion.

Stealing from your own brother. Instead of apologizing and/or reimbursing him for the stolen item, you place the scanty remains back in the wrapping for him to find later. You set such high standards for us immoral atheists. How will we ever reach them?

The thing is, is that most people would not see what I did as stealing, they cost 50p, out of date. One and a half muffins. You have stolen your self. All of you people have, everyone one of you have.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 8:42:43 AM
At 9/19/2009 8:21:50 AM, GodSands wrote:
ha ha ha

The thing is, is that most people would not see what I did as stealing, they cost 50p, out of date. One and a half muffins. You have stolen your self. All of you people have, everyone one of you have.

Yeah, and we're all atheists, and you're no better than we are.

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 8:47:06 AM
: At 9/19/2009 8:42:43 AM, Kleptin wrote:
ha ha ha

Yeah, and we're all atheists, and you're no better than we are.

Your not Kleptin, change your status then say that. To be honest, I may leave this site, God has bigger, more effactive plans for me than just to debate over meaningless and cirular points.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 8:53:19 AM
ha ha ha

I never said I hadn't. I freely admit that I have stolen before.
But I never claimed to be a moral puritan. I never claimed that people gain their morality from my religious viewpoints.

And yes, most people would view what you did as stealing. Furthermore, most people would now view what you are doing as rationalizing. First you steal, then you rationalize your theft so that you don't feel bad about stealing.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 8:54:00 AM
At 9/19/2009 8:47:06 AM, GodSands wrote:
To be honest, I may leave this site

JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 8:54:36 AM
The thing is, is that most people would not see what I did as stealing, they cost 50p, out of date.

Stealing is stealing, no matter the price of the item you stole. Worse still, you stole from your own brother without apology or reimbursement.