The Argument from Biblical Defects

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 7:19:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hello guys,

I have formulated an argument against the Christian God called The Argument from Biblical Defects. I was inspired from Dr. Theodore M. Drange who has a similar formulation of the argument. I reworked it and revised some of the premises and have submitted it on my blog here http://reasonalliance.blogspot.com...

Please give me feedback. I am wanting to debate the argument to see how sound the argument is.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Archistrategos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 12:43:21 PM
At 9/19/2012 7:19:24 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Hello guys,

I have formulated an argument against the Christian God called The Argument from Biblical Defects. I was inspired from Dr. Theodore M. Drange who has a similar formulation of the argument. I reworked it and revised some of the premises and have submitted it on my blog here http://reasonalliance.blogspot.com...

Please give me feedback. I am wanting to debate the argument to see how sound the argument is.

I agree that that errors have crept in over time but the true gem of the bible is in it's mathematical harmonies and hidden mystery. The additions and addendum's can be readily identified by their lack of mathematical harmony.

And according to the Judaic culture that birthed the bible, there are four ways to read it: Literal, allegorical, in seeking and comparison in the individual books, and a hidden mystery.

I particularly appreciate this verse: 2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

So for me, the bible is a vast conglomerate rock, with gems and gold for those looking for value....and coprolite for anyone looking to throw it ;)
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 12:43:46 PM
Microsuck you said..
There are many verses within the Bible that state that the Bible should only be trusted as authoritative (i.e., Sola Scriptura).
NO you are wrong.. There are NONE!! The Bible says the CHURCH is trusted as authoritative! ZERO scriptures on "Scriptures ALONE!"

You said.. Indeed, if I wanted all men to be saved and to believe in a book, then I would want them to understand it and have the appearance of supernatural authorship.
I reply: WRONG: Jesus never wrote a word.. His Holy Church made the bible, Jesus left on earth his CHURCH, she teaches all nations!
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Microsuck you make your argument to prove there is NO God, by using the bible!!!?
You must think that somehow this proves there is no God! All you do is prove your ignorance!

Microsuck You twist the scriptures to make your point!! EXACTLY doing what all the other thousands and thousands of man made churches have been doing sense the "De-Formation"!! Twist the scriptures taking them out of CONTEXT to make a point!
Microsuck The JW's twist the scriptures to prove; "Jesus is not God", all you are doing is taking the next step.. You are; Twisting the scriptures to prove "No one is God"! Ha-ha!!

What I ask you to do is; Really "PROVE there is NO God!" Twisting the scriptures, using the bible will never Prove there is NO God! If you could do this PROVE to the world "there is no God" then you would have something contrite.

All you have is your own FAITH, BELIEVING "There is no God"!

Microsuck You BELIEVE there is NO God!!!
The Christians BELIEVES there is a God!

You trust you are right with ZERO evidence, all you have is your FAITH; "I Microsuck want to believe there is no god, so I must be right!"

Dogknox
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 1:08:07 PM
Hello guys,

I never understood the Bible until after I became a Christian, though I'm far from an expert on it. This is why I give no credibility to arguments against the Bible from people who aren't Christian, assuming they are able to understand it's meaning. Your argument depends on interpretation of meaning, and for that reason fails as being at all convincing to me.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 5:47:37 PM
At 9/19/2012 1:08:07 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Hello guys,

I never understood the Bible until after I became a Christian, though I'm far from an expert on it. This is why I give no credibility to arguments against the Bible from people who aren't Christian, assuming they are able to understand it's meaning. Your argument depends on interpretation of meaning, and for that reason fails as being at all convincing to me.

medic0506 what you said is basically what I told Microsuck!!
His argument depends on; HIS interpretation of meaning!!!
Very good for you!!!

Dogknox