Jump to topic:

Who is the Rider on the White Horse? Rev 6:2

Archistrategos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 9:25:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Rev 6:2 I looked up and saw a white horse standing there. Its rider carried a bow, and a crown was placed on his head. He rode out to win many battles and gain the victory.

Some say he is the anti-christ, some say Jesus, some say America, some say Mitt Romney (lol!)...and some say it's just the time period of the world...

What do you say and why?
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 9:48:49 PM
At 9/20/2012 9:25:44 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
Rev 6:2 I looked up and saw a white horse standing there. Its rider carried a bow, and a crown was placed on his head. He rode out to win many battles and gain the victory.

Some say he is the anti-christ, some say Jesus, some say America, some say Mitt Romney (lol!)...and some say it's just the time period of the world...

What do you say and why?

The AntiChrist. Jesus Christ rides the white horse in Rev. 19. The antichrist is like Jesus but also the exzact opposite. He rides the white horse with a bow and no arrow because He will conquer the world with peace and disarment.
TheAsylum
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 10:00:32 PM

What do you say and why?

It refers to Jesus Christ Himself with the white horse being symbolic of majesty in a war of victory. I believe the bow signified a long conflict, and of course the sword would symbolize the clash of conflict. "Conquering and to conquer" means that the conquest of Christ was not spontaneous or spasmodic, but was a continuous and progressive conquest of hearts.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 10:17:28 PM
At 9/20/2012 10:00:32 PM, annanicole wrote:
"Conquering and to conquer" means that the conquest of Christ was not spontaneous or spasmodic, but was a continuous and progressive conquest of hearts."
So, Jesus Christ to you has a long and on going war once He sets to conquer? He doesn't take His conquest and dominion instantly without a fight?
TheAsylum
Archistrategos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 10:43:07 PM
At 9/20/2012 9:48:49 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

What do you say and why?

The AntiChrist. Jesus Christ rides the white horse in Rev. 19. The antichrist is like Jesus but also the exzact opposite. He rides the white horse with a bow and no arrow because He will conquer the world with peace and disarment.

Why would white mean "evil" in that one passge and no where else in the bible.

He also wear's a stephanos, a victor's crown and as per Rev 3:21 (Jesus) To those who are victorious I will grant them sit with me on my throne..."

And there are many riding white horses behind Christ later when he comes, why would this one not be a herald?
Archistrategos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 10:45:36 PM

What do you say and why?

It refers to Jesus Christ Himself with the white horse being symbolic of majesty in a war of victory. I believe the bow signified a long conflict, and of course the sword would symbolize the clash of conflict. "Conquering and to conquer" means that the conquest of Christ was not spontaneous or spasmodic, but was a continuous and progressive conquest of hearts.

Yet Jesus is in heaven opening the seal at that time.....and I don't think it would be prudent for any power of heaven other than the Father to send the Son.

What about Micha-El of Daniel 12? Could it be him?
Archistrategos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 10:59:16 PM
Or as Jesus said when he got to heaven he would said he would send the Holy Spirit.....could it be him? The Spirit of Truth?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 11:04:55 PM
At 9/20/2012 10:17:28 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
"Conquering and to conquer" means that the conquest of Christ was not spontaneous or spasmodic, but was a continuous and progressive conquest of hearts."
So, Jesus Christ to you has a long and on going war once He sets to conquer? He doesn't take His conquest and dominion instantly without a fight?

Correct. It refers, not to a one-time event, but the continuous conquest of Christ in human hearts. There was no single decisive victory that I know of.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Archistrategos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 11:11:01 PM
John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

John 14:16-17And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever--17: He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn't looking for him and doesn't recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.

Sure sounds like an actual person...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 11:25:48 PM
At 9/20/2012 11:11:01 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

John 14:16-17And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever--17: He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn't looking for him and doesn't recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.

Sure sounds like an actual person...

The Spirit is an actual person. The passages speak of the direct, revelatory function of the Spirit - inspiration. There would also be the "reminding" function that was concurrent.

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." (John 14: 26)

Thus, the Spirit had two concurrent functions:
1. Revealing all things
2. Reminding of everything Jesus ever said

The problem is that people claim #2 alone. That's bs. It's either #1 and #2 or neither. And since no one has #2, I guess that eliminates anyone having #1.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 12:02:54 AM
At 9/20/2012 10:43:07 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/20/2012 9:48:49 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

What do you say and why?

Why would white mean "evil" in that one passge and no where else in the bible.

He also wear's a stephanos, a victor's crown and as per Rev 3:21 (Jesus) To those who are victorious I will grant them sit with me on my throne..."

And there are many riding white horses behind Christ later when he comes, why would this one not be a herald?:

1. Well, you can look at the three following horses to know that it is not Jesus Christ. As well as you mentioned Jesus Christ is opening the seals. These following horses is death and Jesus symbols life.
2. We know that the Holy Ghost is given to the church on Penecost and is not this rider.
3. The antichrist will appear as the christ but is a false Christ. This why he will come with peace at first, while conquering.
4. The reason this horse appears as white is because the anti-christ will appear as righteousness. But after the rapture his true intentions will be revealed. He will conquer and is given a crown.
TheAsylum
Archistrategos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 12:16:27 AM
At 9/21/2012 12:02:54 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
1. Well, you can look at the three following horses to know that it is not Jesus Christ. As well as you mentioned Jesus Christ is opening the seals. These following horses is death and Jesus symbols life.
2. We know that the Holy Ghost is given to the church on Penecost and is not this rider.
3. The antichrist will appear as the christ but is a false Christ. This why he will come with peace at first, while conquering.
4. The reason this horse appears as white is because the anti-christ will appear as righteousness. But after the rapture his true intentions will be revealed. He will conquer and is given a crown.

Again, white is never attributed to evil any where else in the bible.

The seals are complete separate unless you want to lump the 5th 6th and 7th in there the first four.

It also makes no since that the Antichrist would be given a crown of victory when Jesus says they who are victorious will sit on his throne with him. Nor does it make since that the AC would appear here and later in Rev 13.

The spirit of Truth perhaps should have been used John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Those who the Truth conquers not in their hearts because of their stoney condition are subject to the later horse riders.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 12:28:19 AM
At 9/21/2012 12:16:27 AM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/21/2012 12:02:54 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

Again, white is never attributed to evil any where else in the bible.:
White is a color of purity and righteousness. It is also used to describe things in nature and sickness.

The seals are complete separate unless you want to lump the 5th 6th and 7th in there the first four.:
I do believe they happen in sucession.

It also makes no since that the Antichrist would be given a crown of victory when Jesus says they who are victorious will sit on his throne with him. Nor does it make since that the AC would appear here and later in Rev 13.:
So are you saying the 4th beast with 10 crowns are sitting on the Throne also?
TheAsylum
Archistrategos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 12:32:25 AM
At 9/21/2012 12:28:19 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
It also makes no since that the Antichrist would be given a crown of victory when Jesus says they who are victorious will sit on his throne with him. Nor does it make since that the AC would appear here and later in Rev 13.:

He wears diadems not stephanos. Royalty, not victory.

Look for the AC to come from a royal earthly family and claim that as his right to rule. Watch what Prince William is being vetted for......
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 12:35:10 AM
At 9/21/2012 12:32:25 AM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/21/2012 12:28:19 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

He wears diadems not stephanos. Royalty, not victory.

Look for the AC to come from a royal earthly family and claim that as his right to rule. Watch what Prince William is being vetted for......

Oh. I agree, I posted weeks ago about the royalty of England. Prince Charles already has all the symbology on his royal coat.
TheAsylum
Archistrategos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 12:38:56 AM
At 9/21/2012 12:29:19 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
White meaning false righteousness.
Matthew 23:27, Acts 23:3

Thanks for the scripture!

In the first, white is attributed to beauty and the tomb part is the unclean aspect.

In the second Paul is referring to white as the priest and the wall as the priest is being a hypocrite and then says right after that, "I'm sorry, brothers. I didn't realize he was the high priest," Paul replied, "for the Scriptures say, 'You must not speak evil of any of your rulers.'"

So in both cases white is good, beauty and priest. The modifier is bad...tomb and wall. Then Paul takes his foot out of his mouth ;)
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 12:45:16 AM
At 9/21/2012 12:38:56 AM, Archistrategos wrote:

In the first, white is attributed to beauty and the tomb part is the unclean aspect.

In the second Paul is referring to white as the priest and the wall as the priest is being a hypocrite and then says right after that, "I'm sorry, brothers. I didn't realize he was the high priest," Paul replied, "for the Scriptures say, 'You must not speak evil of any of your rulers.'"

So in both cases white is good, beauty and priest. The modifier is bad...tomb and wall. Then Paul takes his foot out of his mouth ;)

You can not label the AC as all bad. He will trick the world into believing He is Jesus Christ, so He must have some righteousness or appear too. You can not get around He is followed by three other horses that are death. You also can not get around that when Jesus Christ returns there is a rapture. We see no rapture here. I see the rapture in the sixth seal. Also this white horse is to go out conquering and GIVEN a crown. Jesus Christ has already conquered and alread has His crown.
TheAsylum
Archistrategos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 12:58:59 AM
At 9/21/2012 12:45:16 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 9/21/2012 12:38:56 AM, Archistrategos wrote:

You can not label the AC as all bad.
Really? I'm amazed you just typed that....
He will trick the world into believing He is Jesus Christ, so He must have some righteousness or appear too. You can not get around He is followed by three other horses that are death.
You have already assumed that he is the AC, and if he is not and is conquering with Truth for Jesus...what do you think the ones that reject Truth will be subjected to???

You also can not get around that when Jesus Christ returns there is a rapture. We see no rapture here. I see the rapture in the sixth seal. Also this white horse is to go out conquering and GIVEN a crown. Jesus Christ has already conquered and already has His crown.

He gains the victory and is invited to sit on Jesus's throne....you think the AC is invited to do so?

Perhaps he is also the angel that say to hold back the elements and harm none until those who been conquered by Truth are sealed and his work is done?
Archistrategos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 1:11:50 AM
At 9/21/2012 12:35:10 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Oh. I agree, I posted weeks ago about the royalty of England. Prince Charles already has all the symbology on his royal coat.

Old old blood....the destroyers of Atlantis from 24,000 years ago.

And they have much answer for.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 1:19:24 AM
At 9/21/2012 12:58:59 AM, Archistrategos wrote:

Really? I'm amazed you just typed that....:
LOL. Me too! I didn't mean he was not all bad but his appearance wont seem that way!
You have already assumed that he is the AC, and if he is not and is conquering with Truth for Jesus...what do you think the ones that reject Truth will be subjected to???:
What will ones that accept him as truth be subjected too if He is not?
He gains the victory and is invited to sit on Jesus's throne....you think the AC is invited to do so?:
Where is the passage that say's he gains victory and will sit on the throne? It say's that the White horse comes, then the red, black and pale. They are together and seems that the white one is the leader. Why would Jesus ride with three elements of death, when Jesus is the life? God gives the antichrist his power and then satan will. He is part of God's plan. In his first three and half years He will seem like the Messiah. He will given athuroty over all nations. He is God's tool over the apostate Israel and church. This could also symbolize the catholic church who also adnores white.

Perhaps he is also the angel that say to hold back the elements and harm none until those who been conquered by Truth are sealed and his work is done?:
That happens but in the sixth seal.
TheAsylum
Archistrategos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 1:40:38 AM
At 9/21/2012 1:19:24 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 9/21/2012 12:58:59 AM, Archistrategos wrote:

Really? I'm amazed you just typed that....:
LOL. Me too! I didn't mean he was not all bad but his appearance wont seem that way!
*chuckle* no worries bro ;)
You have already assumed that he is the AC, and if he is not and is conquering with Truth for Jesus...what do you think the ones that reject Truth will be subjected to???:
What will ones that accept him as truth be subjected too if He is not?
....good question. It will take some discernment.
He gains the victory and is invited to sit on Jesus's throne....you think the AC is invited to do so?:
Where is the passage that say's he gains victory and will sit on the throne?
In any translation it corresponds to Rev 3:21 To those who conquer (are victorious) I will grant them sit with me (Jesus) on my throne as I have conquered and now sit with my Father on His Throne.
It say's that the White horse comes, then the red, black and pale. They are together and seems that the white one is the leader. Why would Jesus ride with three elements of death, when Jesus is the life?
It doesn't say they ride together, modern evangelists just portray them that way. And again, I don't think it is Jesus as Jesus is in heaven. My personal belief is that he is the Spirit of truth and conquers for God. We will know him by his fruits who he gives glory to and points to. I have powerful personal reasons for saying this but I don't expect you to believe based on my conviction....

God gives the antichrist his power and then satan will. He is part of God's plan. In his first three and half years He will seem like the Messiah. He will given athuroty over all nations. He is God's tool over the apostate Israel and church. This could also symbolize the catholic church who also adnores white.

Assuming that is the AC
Perhaps he is also the angel that say to hold back the elements and harm none until those who been conquered by Truth are sealed and his work is done?:
That happens but in the sixth seal.
Right....at the end of any possible conquering of the world as it currently is (by telecommunication...by intelligence....this is important) after the great earthquake things are going to be very different.

Appreciating this communion brother =)
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 1:48:11 AM
At 9/21/2012 1:40:38 AM, Archistrategos wrote:

In any translation it corresponds to Rev 3:21 To those who conquer (are victorious) I will grant them sit with me (Jesus) on my throne as I have conquered and now sit with my Father on His Throne.:
This is to the churches. Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. It does not say conquer in the KJV.

It say's that the White horse comes, then the red, black and pale. They are together and seems that the white one is the leader. Why would Jesus ride with three elements of death, when Jesus is the life?

I am interested to hear why Jesus is followed behind by death.

God gives the antichrist his power and then satan will. He is part of God's plan. In his first three and half years He will seem like the Messiah. He will given athuroty over all nations. He is God's tool over the apostate Israel and church. This could also symbolize the catholic church who also adnores white.

Assuming that is the AC
Appreciating this communion brother =):
Always!
TheAsylum
Archistrategos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 1:56:55 AM
At 9/21/2012 1:48:11 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:40:38 AM, Archistrategos wrote:

In any translation it corresponds to Rev 3:21 To those who conquer (are victorious) I will grant them sit with me (Jesus) on my throne as I have conquered and now sit with my Father on His Throne.:
This is to the churches. Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. It does not say conquer in the KJV.

I am interested to hear why Jesus is followed behind by death.

Again, my position is that the White horse rider is not Jesus, my position is that it is the Spirit of Truth he said he would send.

Assuming that is the AC
Appreciating this communion brother =):
Always!

I'm trying to goad The Composer into a debate. Me pro God creation, him what ever.

It would be a good battle =)