Total Posts:77|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Uncertainty Of Atheism *

inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 11:59:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I see we have more Atheists here who have vacated their original ideology.
Some have turned to Christianity, Islam, Deism, Naturalism, and more.
Atheism seems to have a very uncertainty about itself. I feel like they do not
really trust everything that they have been told, or their own instincts about
everything so logical based on science alone. There is something out here that compells them in a manner which leaves them ultimately compromised and confused.
So.................They change ideology quite often, and usually end up believers
in the end. Do you believe that this is so ? I am here. =)
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 12:07:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 11:59:47 AM, inferno wrote:
I see we have more Atheists here who have vacated their original ideology.
Some have turned to Christianity, Islam, Deism, Naturalism, and more.
Atheism seems to have a very uncertainty about itself. I feel like they do not
really trust everything that they have been told, or their own instincts about
everything so logical based on science alone. There is something out here that compells them in a manner which leaves them ultimately compromised and confused.
So.................They change ideology quite often, and usually end up believers
in the end. Do you believe that this is so ? I am here. =)

It would seem a natural transition; One of "Okay prove it to me!" One way or another, they get enough answers to believe that life and consciousness did not arise from dirt.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 1:03:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 12:36:04 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
I do not know if it is true, but I hope it is and will be!

There are too many disadvantages that work against the Atheist. They realize
that if science alone even remotely exposes the possibility of all things uunderneath
the sun, then what they believe is fallible and inconclusive.
And it gives them even more doubt when science points to the things that
are written in the Bible.
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 1:06:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 1:03:05 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/21/2012 12:36:04 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
I do not know if it is true, but I hope it is and will be!

There are too many disadvantages that work against the Atheist. They realize
that if science alone even remotely exposes the possibility of all things uunderneath
the sun, then what they believe is fallible and inconclusive.
And it gives them even more doubt when science points to the things that
are written in the Bible.

They are about to be put to a worldwide test....of reason and logic and a simple elegant proof that highlights God and everything God has done, explaining everything under and over the sun.

It will be a good "battle" =)
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 1:09:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 1:06:06 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:03:05 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/21/2012 12:36:04 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
I do not know if it is true, but I hope it is and will be!

There are too many disadvantages that work against the Atheist. They realize
that if science alone even remotely exposes the possibility of all things uunderneath
the sun, then what they believe is fallible and inconclusive.
And it gives them even more doubt when science points to the things that
are written in the Bible.

They are about to be put to a worldwide test....of reason and logic and a simple elegant proof that highlights God and everything God has done, explaining everything under and over the sun.

It will be a good "battle" =)

When the 3rd World War takes shape, and the Anti-Christ reveals himself to the world, some of them will have time to repent. And then there will be those who have been marked by the beast, and will not be able to stand.
That time is soon to come.
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 1:12:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 1:09:23 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:06:06 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:03:05 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/21/2012 12:36:04 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
I do not know if it is true, but I hope it is and will be!

There are too many disadvantages that work against the Atheist. They realize
that if science alone even remotely exposes the possibility of all things uunderneath
the sun, then what they believe is fallible and inconclusive.
And it gives them even more doubt when science points to the things that
are written in the Bible.

They are about to be put to a worldwide test....of reason and logic and a simple elegant proof that highlights God and everything God has done, explaining everything under and over the sun.

It will be a good "battle" =)

When the 3rd World War takes shape, and the Anti-Christ reveals himself to the world, some of them will have time to repent. And then there will be those who have been marked by the beast, and will not be able to stand.
That time is soon to come.

Something happens before that....something wonderful ;)
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 1:13:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 1:12:56 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:09:23 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:06:06 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:03:05 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/21/2012 12:36:04 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
I do not know if it is true, but I hope it is and will be!

There are too many disadvantages that work against the Atheist. They realize
that if science alone even remotely exposes the possibility of all things uunderneath
the sun, then what they believe is fallible and inconclusive.
And it gives them even more doubt when science points to the things that
are written in the Bible.

They are about to be put to a worldwide test....of reason and logic and a simple elegant proof that highlights God and everything God has done, explaining everything under and over the sun.

It will be a good "battle" =)

When the 3rd World War takes shape, and the Anti-Christ reveals himself to the world, some of them will have time to repent. And then there will be those who have been marked by the beast, and will not be able to stand.
That time is soon to come.

Something happens before that....something wonderful ;)

Explain. I will be back later with much more............
Enji
Posts: 1,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 1:15:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Wait, if more atheists are abandoning their original ideologies and becoming theists in the end, why has the percentage of atheists increased over recent years?
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 1:23:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 1:15:57 PM, Enji wrote:
Wait, if more atheists are abandoning their original ideologies and becoming theists in the end, why has the percentage of atheists increased over recent years?

Lack of proper or effective theologic representation.
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 1:31:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 1:13:51 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:12:56 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
Something happens before that....something wonderful ;)

Explain. I will be back later with much more............

The living Gospel will be resurrected and heard all over the world before the beginning of the end.....WW3
Polaris
Posts: 1,120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 1:46:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 1:03:05 PM, inferno wrote:

There are too many disadvantages that work against the Atheist. They realize
that if science alone even remotely exposes the possibility of all things uunderneath
the sun, then what they believe is fallible and inconclusive.

We essentially have two options here: accept that our knowledge is incomplete and that this denotes the possibility of our opinions being wrong, or deny the possibility of being wrong, and then denying the evidence when we are eventually proven wrong.

Choose wisely.
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 1:48:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 1:46:39 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:03:05 PM, inferno wrote:

There are too many disadvantages that work against the Atheist. They realize
that if science alone even remotely exposes the possibility of all things uunderneath
the sun, then what they believe is fallible and inconclusive.

We essentially have two options here: accept that our knowledge is incomplete and that this denotes the possibility of our opinions being wrong, or deny the possibility of being wrong, and then denying the evidence when we are eventually proven wrong.

Choose wisely.

Especially important when THE proof for God is made public....
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 1:55:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 1:23:47 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:15:57 PM, Enji wrote:
Wait, if more atheists are abandoning their original ideologies and becoming theists in the end, why has the percentage of atheists increased over recent years?

Lack of proper or effective theologic representation.

That's cute. So in a world with larger communication abilities, the very nature of these exploitations is false.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 1:59:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 1:55:21 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:23:47 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:15:57 PM, Enji wrote:
Wait, if more atheists are abandoning their original ideologies and becoming theists in the end, why has the percentage of atheists increased over recent years?

Lack of proper or effective theologic representation.

That's cute. So in a world with larger communication abilities, the very nature of these exploitations is false.


Clarify?
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 2:01:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 1:59:13 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:55:21 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:23:47 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:15:57 PM, Enji wrote:
Wait, if more atheists are abandoning their original ideologies and becoming theists in the end, why has the percentage of atheists increased over recent years?

Lack of proper or effective theologic representation.

That's cute. So in a world with larger communication abilities, the very nature of these exploitations is false.


Clarify?

According to you, the communicable abilities of these additional communications technologies are crap.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 2:07:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 2:01:18 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:59:13 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:55:21 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:23:47 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:15:57 PM, Enji wrote:
Wait, if more atheists are abandoning their original ideologies and becoming theists in the end, why has the percentage of atheists increased over recent years?

Lack of proper or effective theologic representation.

That's cute. So in a world with larger communication abilities, the very nature of these exploitations is false.


Clarify?

According to you, the communicable abilities of these additional communications technologies are crap.

lolwut? How did you jump to that conclusion?

No, the communication abilities and understandings of most theologians are not up to the speed or salience of current understandings. Lack of actual spiritual growth...dogmatic stagnation, thus they are left behind. Life grows and moves and phase shifts.....all that do not shift with it are left behind (recycled)
Polaris
Posts: 1,120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 2:08:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 1:48:50 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:46:39 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:03:05 PM, inferno wrote:

There are too many disadvantages that work against the Atheist. They realize
that if science alone even remotely exposes the possibility of all things uunderneath
the sun, then what they believe is fallible and inconclusive.

We essentially have two options here: accept that our knowledge is incomplete and that this denotes the possibility of our opinions being wrong, or deny the possibility of being wrong, and then denying the evidence when we are eventually proven wrong.

Choose wisely.

Especially important when THE proof for God is made public....

Make no presuppositions about evidence which has not yet come to pass.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 2:10:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 2:07:21 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/21/2012 2:01:18 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:59:13 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:55:21 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:23:47 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/21/2012 1:15:57 PM, Enji wrote:
Wait, if more atheists are abandoning their original ideologies and becoming theists in the end, why has the percentage of atheists increased over recent years?

Lack of proper or effective theologic representation.

That's cute. So in a world with larger communication abilities, the very nature of these exploitations is false.


Clarify?

According to you, the communicable abilities of these additional communications technologies are crap.

lolwut? How did you jump to that conclusion?

No, the communication abilities and understandings of most theologians are not up to the speed or salience of current understandings. Lack of actual spiritual growth...dogmatic stagnation, thus they are left behind. Life grows and moves and phase shifts.....all that do not shift with it are left behind (recycled)

Do you just randomly throw dictionaries together and hope for something that makes sense?

Your original proposition to why there are most atheists in the world now than before was that there is an improper lack of theist representation.

Now, with the rise in the communications age, you would think that this would allow the representation of theistic communities at a much better rate- which it does- while you mutter about phase shifts.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 2:17:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 2:08:36 PM, Polaris wrote:
Make no presuppositions about evidence which has not yet come to pass.
It has come to pass for me, because i hold it currently, we shall see how the rest of the world reacts when it's presented.

Should be fun! *lol*
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 2:22:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 2:10:20 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Do you just randomly throw dictionaries together and hope for something that makes sense?

Do you just toss out appeals to ridicule in hoping to brow beat your competitor? Have you no mind for allegory of metaphor?

Your original proposition to why there are most atheists in the world now than before was that there is an improper lack of theist representation.

Now, with the rise in the communications age, you would think that this would allow the representation of theistic communities at a much better rate- which it does- while you mutter about phase shifts.

Quantity of communication yes, quality or salience of communication no. Where before water was enough to satisfy the minds of men, it does no longer because men have phase shifted over time. Now steam is needed to move the engine of humanity. The burden of change is on religion because man has grown out of childhood.....have you?
Polaris
Posts: 1,120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 2:27:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 2:17:38 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/21/2012 2:08:36 PM, Polaris wrote:
Make no presuppositions about evidence which has not yet come to pass.
It has come to pass for me, because i hold it currently, we shall see how the rest of the world reacts when it's presented.

Should be fun! *lol*

How does evidence descend only to certain individuals?
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 3:04:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 1:15:57 PM, Enji wrote:
Wait, if more atheists are abandoning their original ideologies and becoming theists in the end, why has the percentage of atheists increased over recent years?

Because Ike is doing the counting and he counts all babies as atheists. :)
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 3:35:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 2:27:57 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 9/21/2012 2:17:38 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/21/2012 2:08:36 PM, Polaris wrote:
Make no presuppositions about evidence which has not yet come to pass.
It has come to pass for me, because i hold it currently, we shall see how the rest of the world reacts when it's presented.

Should be fun! *lol*

How does evidence descend only to certain individuals?

Sometimes you're in the right place at the right time at it just falls on your head....ask Isaac Newton *chuckle*

But in my case, I searched it out over a 14 year study period and the "equation" I have come up with (has come up in me) answers all the major and minor origin questions simply and very elegantly.

Interestingly I can also accurately map the past and predict the future with it. Not small stuff like human affairs although it explains much mysterious histories. Macro geologic and solar system wide changes. I know why the atomic decay rates are changing. You could call me a modern day prophet....yet i can explain it so that everyone can understand and see the same things I am seeing.

Creation ex infinitum....not ex nihilio......and I could teach it to a child using a ball and a doughnut.

I have solved for infinity and everything in-between.....well at least everything relevant to mans place in time/space......have to keep in within the sphere of applicable relevancy right? =)

I'm about to shoot a video of the proof and send it through the net......to see how many men and woman of sound mind and heart I can fish up and bring together so that a unified understanding can be shared and multiplied to the clearing of the mental waters of the mud of ignorance........scientific and religious....and then the pieces will move to their places and new game will be started.

Do pardon my confidence but the joy of sharing is hard to restrain knowing what has been opened in me.....to be opened in many many others. Anyone with good seed in the soil of their prepared hearts. A great sprouting and fruiting before the harvest. I simply pour out the waters and stand on them. God does the rest.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 5:41:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 11:59:47 AM, inferno wrote:
I see we have more Atheists here who have vacated their original ideology.
So.................They change ideology quite often, and usually end up believers
in the end. Do you believe that this is so ? I am here. =)

Actually, since the number of atheists in the world is growing, more people must be adopting atheism than abandoning it.

Christianity and most other religions apparently require endless reenforcement. Why else the prayers, churches, and demands to affirm allegiance? No one feels the need to put 2 + 3 = 5 on the currency, or hold meetings affirming it's truth. Only things in doubt need to be reaffirmed.

Of course, the numbers of atheists versus number of believers is only a measure of society, not a measure or denial of any underlying truth.
DeFool
Posts: 626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 8:50:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 11:59:47 AM, inferno wrote:
I see we have more Atheists here who have vacated their original ideology.
Some have turned to Christianity, Islam, Deism, Naturalism, and more.
Atheism seems to have a very uncertainty about itself. I feel like they do not
really trust everything that they have been told, or their own instincts about
everything so logical based on science alone. There is something out here that compells them in a manner which leaves them ultimately compromised and confused.
So.................They change ideology quite often, and usually end up believers
in the end. Do you believe that this is so ? I am here. =)

I "change my ideology" in accordance with my best understanding of reality. This is called, "integrity."

As for this "faith." There are over 700 important gods that have been worshipped over the centuries. Thor, Mithra, Enki, Pazuzu...all with promises of wishes-coming-true. Your chances of having selected the correct one is, at least 1 in 700.

Odds are, none of the paradises or hells of any of these gods is real. But if one of them should prove me wrong....then "believers" have at least a 1 in 700 chance of going to one of these forgotten hells.
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 8:57:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 8:50:20 PM, DeFool wrote:
At 9/21/2012 11:59:47 AM, inferno wrote:
I see we have more Atheists here who have vacated their original ideology.
Some have turned to Christianity, Islam, Deism, Naturalism, and more.
Atheism seems to have a very uncertainty about itself. I feel like they do not
really trust everything that they have been told, or their own instincts about
everything so logical based on science alone. There is something out here that compells them in a manner which leaves them ultimately compromised and confused.
So.................They change ideology quite often, and usually end up believers
in the end. Do you believe that this is so ? I am here. =)

I "change my ideology" in accordance with my best understanding of reality. This is called, "integrity."

As for this "faith." There are over 700 important gods that have been worshipped over the centuries. Thor, Mithra, Enki, Pazuzu...all with promises of wishes-coming-true. Your chances of having selected the correct one is, at least 1 in 700.

Odds are, none of the paradises or hells of any of these gods is real. But if one of them should prove me wrong....then "believers" have at least a 1 in 700 chance of going to one of these forgotten hells.

And how many name's does a rose have in how many languages?
DeFool
Posts: 626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 9:09:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"And how many name's does a rose have in how many languages?"

Roses are red, violets are blue. There are no heavens waiting for you.
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 9:13:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/21/2012 9:09:53 PM, DeFool wrote:
"And how many name's does a rose have in how many languages?"

Roses are red, violets are blue. There are no heavens waiting for you.

Cute!

Only you forget that the earth is suspend in the heavens and you do not suspect that there are many earths...some better than others. ;)
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 9:16:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hey DaFool....Faith=Pistis, know what that is? Or do you use it as every religionist uses it's bastardized definition?