Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

Proof of a God

Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 2:56:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Is this seriously the best that they've got?

Screaming with eerie and pleasing background music=/=proof of a God.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 3:07:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 2:56:45 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Is this seriously the best that they've got?

Screaming with eerie and pleasing background music=/=proof of a God.



Is this seriously a example you take serious as proof? Or you think any person of God would?
TheAsylum
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 3:23:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 3:07:27 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 9/22/2012 2:56:45 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Is this seriously the best that they've got?

Screaming with eerie and pleasing background music=/=proof of a God.



Is this seriously a example you take serious as proof? Or you think any person of God would?

You aren't really a pinnacle of advocating for "serious" proof for religion.

Regardless, it seemed pretty legit to the puppets in the audience.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 3:27:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 3:23:02 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/22/2012 3:07:27 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 9/22/2012 2:56:45 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Is this seriously the best that they've got?

Screaming with eerie and pleasing background music=/=proof of a God.



Is this seriously a example you take serious as proof? Or you think any person of God would?

You aren't really a pinnacle of advocating for "serious" proof for religion.:
Religion has nothing to do with God. It is man-made, I never want to be a pinnacle of that. The topic was proof of God! I undoubtly have enormous faith and belief in God and His Word! If that is not the ultimate proof to a non-believer then nothing is. I stand by it without the ultimate criticism and still I stay firm. I have faith and Hope because God revealed himself to me through His Word, isn't that all I need?

Regardless, it seemed pretty legit to the puppets in the audience.:
Most of the World are just that, puppets!
TheAsylum
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 3:31:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 3:27:51 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 9/22/2012 3:23:02 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/22/2012 3:07:27 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 9/22/2012 2:56:45 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Is this seriously the best that they've got?

Screaming with eerie and pleasing background music=/=proof of a God.



Is this seriously a example you take serious as proof? Or you think any person of God would?

You aren't really a pinnacle of advocating for "serious" proof for religion.:
Religion has nothing to do with God. It is man-made, I never want to be a pinnacle of that. The topic was proof of God! I undoubtly have enormous faith and belief in God and His Word! If that is not the ultimate proof to a non-believer then nothing is. I stand by it without the ultimate criticism and still I stay firm. I have faith and Hope because God revealed himself to me through His Word, isn't that all I need?

Religion: The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.

http://www.google.ca...

You can't deny religion without denying God.

Regardless, it seemed pretty legit to the puppets in the audience.:
Most of the World are just that, puppets!
Cute.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 3:36:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 3:31:08 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

You can't deny religion without denying God.:
Yes, You can! Religion is man-made. There are thousands of religions. God did not create not a one. God gave man His Word and religions formed from it. God did not form religions.

Regardless, it seemed pretty legit to the puppets in the audience.:
Most of the World are just that, puppets!
Cute.:
Very True!
TheAsylum
Polaris
Posts: 1,120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 4:02:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
[Video: "God will literally carry you through the rest of your life"]

Does nobody understand what the word "Literally" means, anymore?
Polaris
Posts: 1,120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 4:06:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 3:27:51 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Religion has nothing to do with God. It is man-made, I never want to be a pinnacle of that.

And yet you belong to the Christian religion, do you not?

The topic was proof of God! I undoubtly have enormous faith and belief in God and His Word! If that is not the ultimate proof to a non-believer then nothing is.

In what way would belief constitute proof?
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 4:41:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 4:16:57 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
You want a proof of God? Here you go.



That's cool, Ahmed Alllah Akbar Shimanoa Hoora Jazeera Allah Price.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 5:15:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 4:41:02 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/22/2012 4:16:57 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
You want a proof of God? Here you go.



That's cool, Ahmed Alllah Akbar Shimanoa Hoora Jazeera Allah Price.

What is hilarious is that the names are Hebrew, not Arabic......thanks for the entertainment ;)
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 5:16:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 5:15:31 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/22/2012 4:41:02 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/22/2012 4:16:57 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
You want a proof of God? Here you go.



That's cool, Ahmed Alllah Akbar Shimanoa Hoora Jazeera Allah Price.

What is hilarious is that the names are Hebrew, not Arabic......thanks for the entertainment ;)

Yes, I know. I studied Hebrew.

Color your hair blonde and you are Owen Wilson from Little Fockers.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 5:33:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 5:16:51 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/22/2012 5:15:31 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 9/22/2012 4:41:02 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/22/2012 4:16:57 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
You want a proof of God? Here you go.



That's cool, Ahmed Alllah Akbar Shimanoa Hoora Jazeera Allah Price.

What is hilarious is that the names are Hebrew, not Arabic......thanks for the entertainment ;)

Yes, I know. I studied Hebrew.

Color your hair blonde and you are Owen Wilson from Little Fockers.

Farewell Lordknuckle =)
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 5:38:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
And yet you belong to the Christian religion, do you not?:
Christian is not a religion, it is a faith! There are many sects of Christianity, those are religions.

The topic was proof of God! I undoubtly have enormous faith and belief in God and His Word! If that is not the ultimate proof to a non-believer then nothing is.

In what way would belief constitute proof?:
It is proof for the believer and the non-believer see's it. It is proof, you can deny if you will!
TheAsylum
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 5:44:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 5:38:18 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
And yet you belong to the Christian religion, do you not?:
Christian is not a religion, it is a faith! There are many sects of Christianity, those are religions.

Christianity itself is defined as a religion.


The topic was proof of God! I undoubtly have enormous faith and belief in God and His Word! If that is not the ultimate proof to a non-believer then nothing is.

How is what you believe in, proof of that thing, simply because you believe in it? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.


In what way would belief constitute proof?:
It is proof for the believer and the non-believer see's it. It is proof, you can deny if you will!

It's not proof, it's your unfounded belief. Nothing more. You obviously don't even know what the word proof means. I think you are just a troll, there is no way that one person can be this moronic.
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 5:54:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 5:44:31 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/22/2012 5:38:18 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
And yet you belong to the Christian religion, do you not?:
Christian is not a religion, it is a faith! There are many sects of Christianity, those are religions.

Christianity itself is defined as a religion.


The topic was proof of God! I undoubtly have enormous faith and belief in God and His Word! If that is not the ultimate proof to a non-believer then nothing is.

How is what you believe in, proof of that thing, simply because you believe in it? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

You don't have to insult someone to make a point the only point you make in acting like this is you have no point. You use stupid as a crutch for your argument. You have heard of religion and you have to have faith before you have proof. You have to take that first step of faith to receive your proof then your faith grows. Whether you believe in it or not, if you have studied religion, you have indeed heard this b/4.

In what way would belief constitute proof?:
It is proof for the believer and the non-believer see's it. It is proof, you can deny if you will!

It's not proof, it's your unfounded belief. Nothing more. You obviously don't even know what the word proof means. I think you are just a troll, there is no way that one person can be this moronic.
Me
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 5:59:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 5:54:22 PM, yoda878 wrote:
At 9/22/2012 5:44:31 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/22/2012 5:38:18 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
And yet you belong to the Christian religion, do you not?:
Christian is not a religion, it is a faith! There are many sects of Christianity, those are religions.

Christianity itself is defined as a religion.


The topic was proof of God! I undoubtly have enormous faith and belief in God and His Word! If that is not the ultimate proof to a non-believer then nothing is.

How is what you believe in, proof of that thing, simply because you believe in it? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

You don't have to insult someone to make a point the only point you make in acting like this is you have no point.

I just call a spade a spade. What he said was stupid.

You use stupid as a crutch for your argument.

No, I just said it was stupid because it is. It's really that simple... If someone believing something is proof of that something, then I guess it's been proven that many humans on Earth are actually reptiles here to take over, because people believe it. If you don't think that's stupid, then you are just as stupid.

You have heard of religion and you have to have faith before you have proof. You have to take that first step of faith to receive your proof then your faith grows. Whether you believe in it or not, if you have studied religion, you have indeed heard this b/4.


In what way would belief constitute proof?:
It is proof for the believer and the non-believer see's it. It is proof, you can deny if you will!

It's not proof, it's your unfounded belief. Nothing more. You obviously don't even know what the word proof means. I think you are just a troll, there is no way that one person can be this moronic.
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 6:05:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 5:59:58 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/22/2012 5:54:22 PM, yoda878 wrote:
At 9/22/2012 5:44:31 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/22/2012 5:38:18 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
And yet you belong to the Christian religion, do you not?:
Christian is not a religion, it is a faith! There are many sects of Christianity, those are religions.

Christianity itself is defined as a religion.


The topic was proof of God! I undoubtly have enormous faith and belief in God and His Word! If that is not the ultimate proof to a non-believer then nothing is.

How is what you believe in, proof of that thing, simply because you believe in it? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

You don't have to insult someone to make a point the only point you make in acting like this is you have no point.

I just call a spade a spade. What he said was stupid.

You use stupid as a crutch for your argument.

No, I just said it was stupid because it is. It's really that simple... If someone believing something is proof of that something, then I guess it's been proven that many humans on Earth are actually reptiles here to take over, because people believe it. If you don't think that's stupid, then you are just as stupid.


I explained quit using stupid as a way of making your case. Does religion not teach what I posted below?

You have heard of religion and you have to have faith before you have proof. You have to take that first step of faith to receive your proof then your faith grows. Whether you believe in it or not, if you have studied religion, you have indeed heard this b/4.


In what way would belief constitute proof?:
It is proof for the believer and the non-believer see's it. It is proof, you can deny if you will!

It's not proof, it's your unfounded belief. Nothing more. You obviously don't even know what the word proof means. I think you are just a troll, there is no way that one person can be this moronic.
Me
Polaris
Posts: 1,120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 6:17:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 5:54:22 PM, yoda878 wrote:
You have heard of religion and you have to have faith before you have proof. You have to take that first step of faith to receive your proof then your faith grows.

This is operates in precisely the opposite way as reason. Evidence must be found prior to the acceptance of a belief, otherwise the belief would be irrational and unjustified. Proof is independent of belief, that it is available only to believers is indicative that it's not proof at all. Anything that asks me to believe before evidence is provided, is an insult to my intelligence.
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 6:30:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 6:17:16 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 9/22/2012 5:54:22 PM, yoda878 wrote:
You have heard of religion and you have to have faith before you have proof. You have to take that first step of faith to receive your proof then your faith grows.

This is operates in precisely the opposite way as reason. Evidence must be found prior to the acceptance of a belief, otherwise the belief would be irrational and unjustified. Proof is independent of belief, that it is available only to believers is indicative that it's not proof at all. Anything that asks me to believe before evidence is provided, is an insult to my intelligence.

But faith is not the defenestration of belief, their is much more meaning to the word. Faith is not belief in the first round it is trust or confidence, open minded, if you will.
Faith does not turn into knowledge till it is entered into the heart or soul.

Many intelligent people have faith, this is how many religious people learn faith. I do not feel it is ok to say someone is stupid because of this. That is what I was saying to RT. He doesn't have to agree but he shouldn't call a person stupid for it.
Me
Polaris
Posts: 1,120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 6:32:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 5:38:18 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Christian is not a religion, it is a faith!

Yes it is. It is both.

There are many sects of Christianity, those are religions.

No they are sects. Christianity is a religion, which contains many sects and denominations. You needn't belong to a sect to belong to a religion.

It is proof for the believer and the non-believer see's it. It is proof, you can deny if you will!

This argument can quite literally be used as justification for any belief, which is why it's complete and utter nonsense. If it only convinces the person who already believes, then it's not proof it's unfounded conjecture.
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 6:37:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 6:30:18 PM, yoda878 wrote:
At 9/22/2012 6:17:16 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 9/22/2012 5:54:22 PM, yoda878 wrote:
You have heard of religion and you have to have faith before you have proof. You have to take that first step of faith to receive your proof then your faith grows.

This is operates in precisely the opposite way as reason. Evidence must be found prior to the acceptance of a belief, otherwise the belief would be irrational and unjustified. Proof is independent of belief, that it is available only to believers is indicative that it's not proof at all. Anything that asks me to believe before evidence is provided, is an insult to my intelligence.


But faith is not the defenestration of belief, their is much more meaning to the word. Faith is not belief in the first round it is trust or confidence, open minded, if you will.
Faith does not turn into knowledge till it is entered into the heart or soul.

I meant to say definition, please don't throw what I said out the window... lol
Many intelligent people have faith, this is how many religious people learn faith. I do not feel it is ok to say someone is stupid because of this. That is what I was saying to RT. He doesn't have to agree but he shouldn't call a person stupid for it.
Me
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 6:43:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 6:32:58 PM, Polaris wrote:
At 9/22/2012 5:38:18 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Christian is not a religion, it is a faith!

Yes it is. It is both.:
No the world calls it a religion but it is not. What the world calls something does not matter. I have belief and faith in God and the Bible, That is it. If you call that a religion then so be it. But to me it is a belief and faith, it has the name Christianity because it follows after the name of my God.

There are many sects of Christianity, those are religions.

No they are sects. Christianity is a religion, which contains many sects and denominations. You needn't belong to a sect to belong to a religion.


It is proof for the believer and the non-believer see's it. It is proof, you can deny if you will!

This argument can quite literally be used as justification for any belief, which is why it's complete and utter nonsense. If it only convinces the person who already believes, then it's not proof it's unfounded conjecture.

No, that is your opinion, and that itself means nothing to others. Sorry, but that is the truth!
TheAsylum
Polaris
Posts: 1,120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 9:17:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 6:30:18 PM, yoda878 wrote:
But faith is not the defenestration of belief, their is much more meaning to the word. Faith is not belief in the first round it is trust or confidence, open minded, if you will.
Faith does not turn into knowledge till it is entered into the heart or soul.

This is mere platitude; a romanticized ideal of faith, and not faith as it actually operates.

Many intelligent people have faith, this is how many religious people learn faith. I do not feel it is ok to say someone is stupid because of this. That is what I was saying to RT. He doesn't have to agree but he shouldn't call a person stupid for it.

Indeed, many intelligent people do have faith, but I would suggest there is a cognitive partitioning with these intelligent people. Faith is antithetical to reason. Benjamin Franklin said that to see by faith is to close the eye of reason. Faith may be useful in some instances for some purposes but as a guide to truth, it fails spectacularly and demonstrably so.
Polaris
Posts: 1,120
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 9:39:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 6:43:20 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
No the world calls it a religion but it is not. What the world calls something does not matter.

To quote your own argument: "No, that is your opinion, and that itself means nothing to others. Sorry, but that is the truth!"

Interesting how that works, no? As it turns out the definition of words are based upon common usage and agreed upon meaning, that you dispute that meaning is inconsequential to the subject of the matter. You can call a chair a giraffe and claim you have giraffe in your kitchen but you's still nevertheless be wrong in that assertion. You cannot redefine words upon a personal whim. I'm going to go out on a limb, and guess the reason you don't wish to call what you believe a religion is due to the negative connotations associated with religion.

I have belief and faith in God and the Bible, That is it. If you call that a religion then so be it.

I do, as does the dictionary.

No, that is your opinion, and that itself means nothing to others. Sorry, but that is the truth!

Apparently it means something otherwise you wouldn't have taken the time to respond to it. If disputing an opinion were as easy as pointing out that it is an opinion, you would be refuting yours as well. Unfortunately this is not how logic nor debate works, and many opinions happen to be true. That you lack justification for dismissing mine only seems to cast doubt upon yours.