Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

The Uncertainty of Theism*

Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2012 12:53:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
(Note, obvious parody of Inferno)

---

I see we have more Theists here who have vacated their original idealogy whether it be Christianity, Islam, Deism, Naturalism, and more.
Theism seems to have a very uncertainty about itself. I feel like they do not really trust everything they have been told, or their own instincts about everything so logically based on faith alone. There is something out here that compells them in a manner which leaves them ultimately compromised and confused.
So.................They change ideology quite often, and usually end up non-believers
in the end. Do you believe that this is so ? I am here. =)

---

Citing people who leave atheism for a form of Theism is not proof of anything!
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2012 1:26:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Everything is uncertain. Can we all move on now?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2012 2:22:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/24/2012 2:22:12 PM, stubs wrote:
I'm still confused as to the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is to have no point.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2012 2:36:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/24/2012 12:53:28 PM, Microsuck wrote:
(Note, obvious parody of Inferno)

---

I see we have more Theists here who have vacated their original idealogy whether it be Christianity, Islam, Deism, Naturalism, and more.
Theism seems to have a very uncertainty about itself. I feel like they do not really trust everything they have been told, or their own instincts about everything so logically based on faith alone. There is something out here that compells them in a manner which leaves them ultimately compromised and confused.
So.................They change ideology quite often, and usually end up non-believers
in the end. Do you believe that this is so ? I am here. =)

---

Citing people who leave atheism for a form of Theism is not proof of anything!

Another lame attempt to try and oust the influence of Inferno.
It was an epic fail.
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2012 2:57:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/24/2012 1:26:13 PM, phantom wrote:
Everything is uncertain. Can we all move on now?

Movement is uncertain, nothing certain to move from or to...

So certain thyself and move! ;)
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2012 2:59:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Certainty is a word that should never be used except with "not" in front of it. Unless some smart@$$ on here comes up with some way it is.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2012 3:01:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/24/2012 2:22:12 PM, stubs wrote:
I'm still confused as to the point of this thread.

To mock Inferno, I thought it was obvious lol
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2012 5:04:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/24/2012 3:01:06 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/24/2012 2:22:12 PM, stubs wrote:
I'm still confused as to the point of this thread.

To mock Inferno, I thought it was obvious lol

Hahah yeah bro I got that much, but I didn't know if there was an actual argument or anything. But I guess not haha. I also didn't see the other thread. Haven't been on too much since school started.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2012 11:22:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/24/2012 2:59:26 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/24/2012 1:26:13 PM, phantom wrote:
Everything is uncertain.

You certain about that? ;)

Why does everyone constantly ask me that? Of course not.

Can we all move on now?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2012 11:25:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/24/2012 2:59:19 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Certainty is a word that should never be used except with "not" in front of it. Unless some smart@$$ on here comes up with some way it is.

No, it should never be used at all unless not literally. Certainty is a logical absurdity. You can't possibly achieve it. It's an epistemological implausibility.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 10:58:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/24/2012 11:22:55 PM, phantom wrote:
At 9/24/2012 2:59:26 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/24/2012 1:26:13 PM, phantom wrote:
Everything is uncertain.

You certain about that? ;)

Why does everyone constantly ask me that? Of course not.

Then you can't say everything is uncertain. If you are uncertain that everything is uncertain, than some things could in fact be certain.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 11:07:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2012 10:58:25 AM, stubs wrote:
At 9/24/2012 11:22:55 PM, phantom wrote:
At 9/24/2012 2:59:26 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/24/2012 1:26:13 PM, phantom wrote:
Everything is uncertain.

You certain about that? ;)

Why does everyone constantly ask me that? Of course not.

Then you can't say everything is uncertain. If you are uncertain that everything is uncertain, than some things could in fact be certain.

Christianity is steadfast and unmovable.
Atheism is not concrete and extremely fallible.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 12:30:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2012 10:58:25 AM, stubs wrote:
At 9/24/2012 11:22:55 PM, phantom wrote:
At 9/24/2012 2:59:26 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/24/2012 1:26:13 PM, phantom wrote:
Everything is uncertain.

You certain about that? ;)

Why does everyone constantly ask me that? Of course not.

Then you can't say everything is uncertain. If you are uncertain that everything is uncertain, than some things could in fact be certain.

Of course it's a possibility that some things are certain. What's your argument? On balance of probability, I hold the belief that no things are certain. We can only believe but never know. Even my statement that no things are certain is not certain. To claim certainty you have to accomplish a very tough task. That task is proving logic to be absolute and then also proving that your brain is accurate in reflecting that logic. How on earth can you do either when to prove absolute logic you presuppose logic in the first place? There's not the slightest argument that can prove either. Things can be probable but never certain. Even that is not certain.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 2:31:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2012 12:30:36 PM, phantom wrote:
At 9/26/2012 10:58:25 AM, stubs wrote:
At 9/24/2012 11:22:55 PM, phantom wrote:
At 9/24/2012 2:59:26 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/24/2012 1:26:13 PM, phantom wrote:
Everything is uncertain.

You certain about that? ;)

Why does everyone constantly ask me that? Of course not.

Then you can't say everything is uncertain. If you are uncertain that everything is uncertain, than some things could in fact be certain.

Of course it's a possibility that some things are certain. What's your argument? On balance of probability, I hold the belief that no things are certain. We can only believe but never know. Even my statement that no things are certain is not certain. To claim certainty you have to accomplish a very tough task. That task is proving logic to be absolute and then also proving that your brain is accurate in reflecting that logic. How on earth can you do either when to prove absolute logic you presuppose logic in the first place? There's not the slightest argument that can prove either. Things can be probable but never certain. Even that is not certain.

My point is you can't claim everything is uncertain as you did above haha
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:08:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2012 2:31:05 PM, stubs wrote:
At 9/26/2012 12:30:36 PM, phantom wrote:
At 9/26/2012 10:58:25 AM, stubs wrote:
At 9/24/2012 11:22:55 PM, phantom wrote:
At 9/24/2012 2:59:26 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/24/2012 1:26:13 PM, phantom wrote:
Everything is uncertain.

You certain about that? ;)

Why does everyone constantly ask me that? Of course not.

Then you can't say everything is uncertain. If you are uncertain that everything is uncertain, than some things could in fact be certain.

Of course it's a possibility that some things are certain. What's your argument? On balance of probability, I hold the belief that no things are certain. We can only believe but never know. Even my statement that no things are certain is not certain. To claim certainty you have to accomplish a very tough task. That task is proving logic to be absolute and then also proving that your brain is accurate in reflecting that logic. How on earth can you do either when to prove absolute logic you presuppose logic in the first place? There's not the slightest argument that can prove either. Things can be probable but never certain. Even that is not certain.

My point is you can't claim everything is uncertain as you did above haha

Which I refuted...I took uncertain to equal not certain. Was that a mistake?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 12:55:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2012 10:03:37 PM, SurvivingAMethodology wrote:
Modern people are excellent at finding the most obtuse ways to talk about nothing at all.

Very acute observation!