Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Happy Yom Kippur To All !

inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 11:38:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is the Day Of Attonement for the Jewish People. It is about commitment to God and remembering all that he has done for us throughout time.
It is about receiving and accepting your blessings from above. Because it could have been the other way around, and it could have been much worse than it is now.
Thank God for his grace and mercy, for it endures forever.
How many of you here know someone of Jewish culture.
And how many of you are Jewish. I would like to know.
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 12:09:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 11:38:49 AM, inferno wrote:
This is the Day Of Attonement for the Jewish People. It is about commitment to God and remembering all that he has done for us throughout time.
It is about receiving and accepting your blessings from above. Because it could have been the other way around, and it could have been much worse than it is now.
Thank God for his grace and mercy, for it endures forever.
How many of you here know someone of Jewish culture.
And how many of you are Jewish. I would like to know.

I'm Jewish, and I went to a Yeshiva school from kindergarten until 12th grade. My family and most of my friends are orthodox Jews so they will be fasting and praying in synagogue tonight and much of the day tomorrow. I'm an atheist so I won't be fasting or praying, but since I relate a lot to Jewish history and tradition and I feel like it's a big part of my identity, I'll be reading some books I have on those topics.
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 3:12:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 12:09:27 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 9/25/2012 11:38:49 AM, inferno wrote:
This is the Day Of Attonement for the Jewish People. It is about commitment to God and remembering all that he has done for us throughout time.
It is about receiving and accepting your blessings from above. Because it could have been the other way around, and it could have been much worse than it is now.
Thank God for his grace and mercy, for it endures forever.
How many of you here know someone of Jewish culture.
And how many of you are Jewish. I would like to know.

I'm Jewish, and I went to a Yeshiva school from kindergarten until 12th grade. My family and most of my friends are orthodox Jews so they will be fasting and praying in synagogue tonight and much of the day tomorrow. I'm an atheist so I won't be fasting or praying, but since I relate a lot to Jewish history and tradition and I feel like it's a big part of my identity, I'll be reading some books I have on those topics.

hmm...?
DeFool
Posts: 626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 3:17:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 11:38:49 AM, inferno wrote:
This is the Day Of Attonement for the Jewish People. It is about commitment to God and remembering all that he has done for us throughout time.
It is about receiving and accepting your blessings from above. Because it could have been the other way around, and it could have been much worse than it is now.
Thank God for his grace and mercy, for it endures forever.
How many of you here know someone of Jewish culture.
And how many of you are Jewish. I would like to know.

According to the Holy Bible, whose wisdom is not to be questioned, Moses murdered a greater share of the earth's population than Hitler and Stalin combined. He also order the rape of more children than any Pope.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 3:21:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 3:12:54 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 9/25/2012 12:09:27 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 9/25/2012 11:38:49 AM, inferno wrote:
This is the Day Of Attonement for the Jewish People. It is about commitment to God and remembering all that he has done for us throughout time.
It is about receiving and accepting your blessings from above. Because it could have been the other way around, and it could have been much worse than it is now.
Thank God for his grace and mercy, for it endures forever.
How many of you here know someone of Jewish culture.
And how many of you are Jewish. I would like to know.

I'm Jewish, and I went to a Yeshiva school from kindergarten until 12th grade. My family and most of my friends are orthodox Jews so they will be fasting and praying in synagogue tonight and much of the day tomorrow. I'm an atheist so I won't be fasting or praying, but since I relate a lot to Jewish history and tradition and I feel like it's a big part of my identity, I'll be reading some books I have on those topics.

hmm...?

Judaism is funny like that as they can be atheist and jewish. With that said I have never actually met a theistic jew.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 3:29:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 3:21:59 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/25/2012 3:12:54 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 9/25/2012 12:09:27 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 9/25/2012 11:38:49 AM, inferno wrote:
This is the Day Of Attonement for the Jewish People. It is about commitment to God and remembering all that he has done for us throughout time.
It is about receiving and accepting your blessings from above. Because it could have been the other way around, and it could have been much worse than it is now.
Thank God for his grace and mercy, for it endures forever.
How many of you here know someone of Jewish culture.
And how many of you are Jewish. I would like to know.

I'm Jewish, and I went to a Yeshiva school from kindergarten until 12th grade. My family and most of my friends are orthodox Jews so they will be fasting and praying in synagogue tonight and much of the day tomorrow. I'm an atheist so I won't be fasting or praying, but since I relate a lot to Jewish history and tradition and I feel like it's a big part of my identity, I'll be reading some books I have on those topics.

hmm...?

Judaism is funny like that as they can be atheist and jewish. With that said I have never actually met a theistic jew.

Most of the Jewish side of my family is the same way. They consider themselves Jewish and identify as such (as a rule I try never to mention Israel lol) but there's not a hint of religion in their body. That being said there are like two older members of my family who actually believe all that stuff.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 3:35:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 3:29:07 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/25/2012 3:21:59 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/25/2012 3:12:54 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 9/25/2012 12:09:27 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 9/25/2012 11:38:49 AM, inferno wrote:
This is the Day Of Attonement for the Jewish People. It is about commitment to God and remembering all that he has done for us throughout time.
It is about receiving and accepting your blessings from above. Because it could have been the other way around, and it could have been much worse than it is now.
Thank God for his grace and mercy, for it endures forever.
How many of you here know someone of Jewish culture.
And how many of you are Jewish. I would like to know.

I'm Jewish, and I went to a Yeshiva school from kindergarten until 12th grade. My family and most of my friends are orthodox Jews so they will be fasting and praying in synagogue tonight and much of the day tomorrow. I'm an atheist so I won't be fasting or praying, but since I relate a lot to Jewish history and tradition and I feel like it's a big part of my identity, I'll be reading some books I have on those topics.

hmm...?

Judaism is funny like that as they can be atheist and jewish. With that said I have never actually met a theistic jew.

Most of the Jewish side of my family is the same way. They consider themselves Jewish and identify as such (as a rule I try never to mention Israel lol) but there's not a hint of religion in their body. That being said there are like two older members of my family who actually believe all that stuff.

Jews believe in God.
truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 3:52:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm an orthodox Jew and agnostic. I will be observing yom kipper. which is primarily a day of atonement, which is what the name means ( yom means day, kipper means atonement). Orthodox Jews spend most of the day in synagogue in prayer and contemplation, reviewing the deeds of the past year and working on how to improve that which needs improvement, and buttress the good. Another important aspect is the realization that what we do does make a difference - to god. There are many books devoted to the holiday, and its many details.
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 3:56:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 3:17:43 PM, DeFool wrote:
At 9/25/2012 11:38:49 AM, inferno wrote:
This is the Day Of Attonement for the Jewish People. It is about commitment to God and remembering all that he has done for us throughout time.
It is about receiving and accepting your blessings from above. Because it could have been the other way around, and it could have been much worse than it is now.
Thank God for his grace and mercy, for it endures forever.
How many of you here know someone of Jewish culture.
And how many of you are Jewish. I would like to know.

According to the Holy Bible, whose wisdom is not to be questioned, Moses murdered a greater share of the earth's population than Hitler and Stalin combined. He also order the rape of more children than any Pope.

What an appropriate name "DeFool". But perhaps you should change it to something like "the ignorant fabricating bumbling idiot". There is a reason there are no foot notes to the comment, which need not even been refuted.
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 3:56:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 3:56:07 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 9/25/2012 3:17:43 PM, DeFool wrote:
At 9/25/2012 11:38:49 AM, inferno wrote:
This is the Day Of Attonement for the Jewish People. It is about commitment to God and remembering all that he has done for us throughout time.
It is about receiving and accepting your blessings from above. Because it could have been the other way around, and it could have been much worse than it is now.
Thank God for his grace and mercy, for it endures forever.
How many of you here know someone of Jewish culture.
And how many of you are Jewish. I would like to know.

According to the Holy Bible, whose wisdom is not to be questioned, Moses murdered a greater share of the earth's population than Hitler and Stalin combined. He also order the rape of more children than any Pope.

What an appropriate name "DeFool". But perhaps you should change it to something like "the ignorant fabricating bumbling idiot". There is a reason there are no foot notes to the comment, which need not even been refuted.

********
truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 3:59:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 3:56:54 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/25/2012 3:56:07 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 9/25/2012 3:17:43 PM, DeFool wrote:
At 9/25/2012 11:38:49 AM, inferno wrote:
This is the Day Of Attonement for the Jewish People. It is about commitment to God and remembering all that he has done for us throughout time.
It is about receiving and accepting your blessings from above. Because it could have been the other way around, and it could have been much worse than it is now.
Thank God for his grace and mercy, for it endures forever.
How many of you here know someone of Jewish culture.
And how many of you are Jewish. I would like to know.

According to the Holy Bible, whose wisdom is not to be questioned, Moses murdered a greater share of the earth's population than Hitler and Stalin combined. He also order the rape of more children than any Pope.

What an appropriate name "DeFool". But perhaps you should change it to something like "the ignorant fabricating bumbling idiot". There is a reason there are no foot notes to the comment, which need not even been refuted.

********

what's that supposed to mean?
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 4:01:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 3:59:15 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 9/25/2012 3:56:54 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/25/2012 3:56:07 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 9/25/2012 3:17:43 PM, DeFool wrote:
At 9/25/2012 11:38:49 AM, inferno wrote:
This is the Day Of Attonement for the Jewish People. It is about commitment to God and remembering all that he has done for us throughout time.
It is about receiving and accepting your blessings from above. Because it could have been the other way around, and it could have been much worse than it is now.
Thank God for his grace and mercy, for it endures forever.
How many of you here know someone of Jewish culture.
And how many of you are Jewish. I would like to know.

According to the Holy Bible, whose wisdom is not to be questioned, Moses murdered a greater share of the earth's population than Hitler and Stalin combined. He also order the rape of more children than any Pope.

What an appropriate name "DeFool". But perhaps you should change it to something like "the ignorant fabricating bumbling idiot". There is a reason there are no foot notes to the comment, which need not even been refuted.

********

what's that supposed to mean?

Judaism is a religion that has correlations to the Bible which is fitting.
Now unorthodoxed Jews are only a group of people who have decided to perhaps ignore the fundamental dynamics and truth about their own history.
Why this is the case, I will never know.............
truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 4:06:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 4:01:57 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/25/2012 3:59:15 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 9/25/2012 3:56:54 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/25/2012 3:56:07 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 9/25/2012 3:17:43 PM, DeFool wrote:
At 9/25/2012 11:38:49 AM, inferno wrote:
This is the Day Of Attonement for the Jewish People. It is about commitment to God and remembering all that he has done for us throughout time.
It is about receiving and accepting your blessings from above. Because it could have been the other way around, and it could have been much worse than it is now.
Thank God for his grace and mercy, for it endures forever.
How many of you here know someone of Jewish culture.
And how many of you are Jewish. I would like to know.

According to the Holy Bible, whose wisdom is not to be questioned, Moses murdered a greater share of the earth's population than Hitler and Stalin combined. He also order the rape of more children than any Pope.

What an appropriate name "DeFool". But perhaps you should change it to something like "the ignorant fabricating bumbling idiot". There is a reason there are no foot notes to the comment, which need not even been refuted.

********

what's that supposed to mean?

Judaism is a religion that has correlations to the Bible which is fitting.
Now unorthodoxed Jews are only a group of people who have decided to perhaps ignore the fundamental dynamics and truth about their own history.
Why this is the case, I will never know.............

I agree. All I was saying is that there is nowhere in the Bible that remotely supports DeFools statement.
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2012 4:10:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/25/2012 4:06:00 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 9/25/2012 4:01:57 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/25/2012 3:59:15 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 9/25/2012 3:56:54 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/25/2012 3:56:07 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:
At 9/25/2012 3:17:43 PM, DeFool wrote:
At 9/25/2012 11:38:49 AM, inferno wrote:
This is the Day Of Attonement for the Jewish People. It is about commitment to God and remembering all that he has done for us throughout time.
It is about receiving and accepting your blessings from above. Because it could have been the other way around, and it could have been much worse than it is now.
Thank God for his grace and mercy, for it endures forever.
How many of you here know someone of Jewish culture.
And how many of you are Jewish. I would like to know.

According to the Holy Bible, whose wisdom is not to be questioned, Moses murdered a greater share of the earth's population than Hitler and Stalin combined. He also order the rape of more children than any Pope.

What an appropriate name "DeFool". But perhaps you should change it to something like "the ignorant fabricating bumbling idiot". There is a reason there are no foot notes to the comment, which need not even been refuted.

********

what's that supposed to mean?

Judaism is a religion that has correlations to the Bible which is fitting.
Now unorthodoxed Jews are only a group of people who have decided to perhaps ignore the fundamental dynamics and truth about their own history.
Why this is the case, I will never know.............

I agree. All I was saying is that there is nowhere in the Bible that remotely supports DeFools statement.

Never listen or argue with a "fool".