Blasphemy Day 2012

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 7:01:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hey guys,

This Sunday it is the 2012 official "Blasphemy Day!" I am wondering if anyone here is planning on participating in blasphemy day and what your thoughts are on the holiday.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 7:02:46 AM
Why devote a day to where to try to do nothing but piss off a group of people you don't agree with or like?

It's stupid.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 7:25:02 AM
At 9/28/2012 7:02:46 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Why devote a day to where to try to do nothing but piss off a group of people you don't agree with or like?

It's stupid.

I'm guessing he is being severely bullied at school and this is his one day a year to get revenge.

Take a long hard look Johnnyboy, this is the future of our country. This is prolly one of the very few moments in my life where I'm glad I'll be dead.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 8:44:01 AM
Hey MS, you forgot to mention that Monday is a holiday too. It's the official "Eye for an Eye Day", aka, "Spit on and swirlie a nerdy atheist Day".
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 8:53:38 AM
At 9/28/2012 8:44:01 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Hey MS, you forgot to mention that Monday is a holiday too. It's the official "Eye for an Eye Day", aka, "Spit on and swirlie a nerdy atheist Day".

*Facepalm*
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 10:09:47 AM
At 9/28/2012 8:53:38 AM, Microsuck wrote:

*Facepalm*

lol
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 11:13:52 AM
At 9/28/2012 7:01:28 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Hey guys,

This Sunday it is the 2012 official "Blasphemy Day!" I am wondering if anyone here is planning on participating in blasphemy day and what your thoughts are on the holiday.

Just for grins, I suppose I can defile pictures of Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins, that will offend the most religious Fundamentalist Atheists.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 11:21:30 AM

It's stupid.

The idea is, just like "Draw Muhammad Day", is an act of rebellion to signal a rejection of the norm value (which makes it a "rebellion") to keep quiet: a statement against compromise and acceptance of theism, into a position of antitheism. It's comparable (without the numerical support) to a day celebrating independence or a pro-free speech day.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 11:25:03 AM

Leave it to a christian to misunderstand and rebut with threats of violence to something they don't like.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 11:26:32 AM
At 9/28/2012 11:13:52 AM, Sidewalker wrote:
Hey guys,

Just for grins, I suppose I can defile pictures of Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins, that will offend the most religious Fundamentalist Atheists.

What exactly are the fundamentals of atheism?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 11:38:27 AM
At 9/28/2012 10:09:47 AM, medic0506 wrote:

*Facepalm*

lol
Oh, by the way medic, your signature is incorrect. The U.S was not the U.S in 1647, It was a continent owned by many different countries. And the American revolutionary war didn't even start until the mid 1700s. So, technically, what ever school curriculum that is from would either be considered as derivative of what ever country it actually came from. Or it would be considered, at best for the point I think you're trying to make, an outtake from the first public school curriculum in North America. Or maybe just the lower half of it.

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 12:25:18 PM
At 9/28/2012 11:38:27 AM, muzebreak wrote:

*Facepalm*

lol
Oh, by the way medic, your signature is incorrect. The U.S was not the U.S in 1647, It was a continent owned by many different countries. And the American revolutionary war didn't even start until the mid 1700s. So, technically, what ever school curriculum that is from would either be considered as derivative of what ever country it actually came from. Or it would be considered, at best for the point I think you're trying to make, an outtake from the first public school curriculum in North America. Or maybe just the lower half of it.

It was the first public school system in the New World, and we all know what the New World became. It's a trivial point but technically, you are correct.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 12:32:45 PM

It's stupid.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 12:35:27 PM
im going to use this day to piss off mac users. i don't think they treat it like a religion or anything. this is a fairly irrelevent comment. i just use most days to piss off mac users. fuckinng d1ckheads.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 12:43:06 PM
At 9/28/2012 12:35:27 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
im going to use this day to piss off mac users. i don't think they treat it like a religion or anything. this is a fairly irrelevent comment. i just use most days to piss off mac users. fuckinng d1ckheads.
Say that in front of me and I'll throw an apple right in your throat.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 12:53:40 PM
At 9/28/2012 12:43:06 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/28/2012 12:35:27 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Say that in front of me and I'll throw an apple right in your throat.

"that"
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 1:06:03 PM
Hey guys,

This Sunday it is the 2012 official "Blasphemy Day!" I am wondering if anyone here is planning on participating in blasphemy day and what your thoughts are on the holiday.:

Completely idiotic. The end.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 1:30:42 PM
At 9/28/2012 12:25:18 PM, medic0506 wrote:

*Facepalm*

lol

It was the first public school system in the New World, and we all know what the New World became. It's a trivial point but technically, you are correct.

Its a "trivial point" that show's that your signature is incorrect, making it a point that is not so trivial because is serves exactly the purpose I intended for it.

The New world became the United States of America, that is true. What is not true is that the New world is the United States of America.

I would expect you to, in making a truth claim, conform to the truth rather then attempt to bend it. And as you haven't changed your signature I assume that you care less for the truth and more for what sounds good to you.

Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 1:54:01 PM
At 9/28/2012 11:26:32 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 9/28/2012 11:13:52 AM, Sidewalker wrote:
Hey guys,

What exactly are the fundamentals of atheism?

You know, all that inane mush that comes out of the evangelical atheists, for some atheists, it's an intolerant religion, which is fundamentalist by nature.

"To know a person's religion we need not listen to his profession of faith but must find his brand of intolerance." - Eric Hoffer
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 3:16:24 PM

It's stupid.
TheAsylum
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 5:39:47 PM
At 9/28/2012 1:30:42 PM, muzebreak wrote:

*Facepalm*

lol

Its a "trivial point" that show's that your signature is incorrect, making it a point that is not so trivial because is serves exactly the purpose I intended for it.

The New world became the United States of America, that is true. What is not true is that the New world is the United States of America.

I would expect you to, in making a truth claim, conform to the truth rather then attempt to bend it. And as you haven't changed your signature I assume that you care less for the truth and more for what sounds good to you.

Like it or not, it's a part of the history of our country, and if you don't like that fact then there's a simple fix...don't read it.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2012 6:33:01 PM
Hey guys,

I value tolerance and respect thanks.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 7:40:33 AM
At 9/28/2012 5:39:47 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/28/2012 1:30:42 PM, muzebreak wrote:

*Facepalm*

lol

Like it or not, it's a part of the history of our country, and if you don't like that fact then there's a simple fix...don't read it.

Ok, first off why did you say "our"? I'm not american, and I wouldn't want to be.

Now to be techincal it is not part of the history of any country. It is, on the other hand, part of the history of the continent and its settlements. Or, at best, it could be considered part of the history of the founding of america, but that depends on what country made that curriculum.

What you have is, at best, a misleading sentence. And at worst a completely wrong statement. And, again, I'll point out that you haven't changed it which means you don't care for the truth only that which sounds good to you. But what else can you expect from a christian.

And after a little research on the subject, I find that it isn't even part of any school curriculum, but that it was part of a law requiring certain sized settlements to have a form of schooling or incur a fine of 5 pounds. This was a British law, and had nothing to do with the United States of America beyond being enacted on part of its future land about a hundred years before the country even officially existed. And decades before the idea of seceding from Britain was even suggested. Heck, none of the founding fathers were even alive at the time.

Either change it or admit you're lying. Because none of it is true beyond the quotation and the date.