Jump to topic:

You are always welcome back within the Cathol

peacethroughunity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 2:57:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am sure that at some time or another in our life as Catholics, we would have the thought of leaving the Church, maybe due of not understanding something, or for some particular reason that had hurt us personally.

The fact that we stayed in the Catholic Church I believe it is a real grace from God, and in the same time I believe that those who leave the Church, God gives them a special grace to return back.

I am sure that God welcomes each and every persons that returns back to the Catholic Church.

You are all welcomed back and I am really glad that you had the courage to return and that you answered to the grace of God.

'Peace and Unity in our lives' is what I believe that each person is to focus on to achieve in life.

For this reason I made a new website on the internet by the same name as 'Peace and Unity in our Lives'. The aim of this site is to provide inspiration and encouragement for life, and hope that this small contribution of mine will provide an opportunity for people including youths and children around the globe to find courage in their life, by trusting God to be more present in their life.

You as precious Catholics and anyone else seeking Jesus are mostly welcomed to visit this site, to receive more encouragement and if you want to share your experience with others.

In Unity

George Calleja " Malta
My website 'Peace and unity in our lives' with the address as

https://sites.google.com...

has the aim to provide inspiration and encouragement for life, and hope for people including youths and children around the globe to find courage in their life, by trusting God to be more present in their life.

Follow me on TWITTER https://twitter.com...
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 3:06:29 AM
Something tells me that this thread will lead to a massive argument.

Hopefully, I'm wrong.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 3:33:18 AM
Also, I was raped by a priest in Winter Park when I was 9. My parents filed charges, and in the end the priest was sent to another parish. I will never go back to such a vile institution.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 3:50:42 AM
At 9/29/2012 3:32:31 AM, Wnope wrote:
I thought this was a reference to the Eddie Izzard bit:

Catholics...people who worship Cathol.

I surrender myself to his will.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 3:52:37 AM
At 9/29/2012 3:33:18 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Also, I was raped by a priest in Winter Park when I was 9. My parents filed charges, and in the end the priest was sent to another parish. I will never go back to such a vile institution.

Wow...

I'm sorry to hear that WSA. I at least hoped the bastard would burn for it.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 4:07:30 AM
At 9/29/2012 2:57:38 AM, peacethroughunity wrote:

You as precious Catholics and anyone else seeking Jesus are mostly welcomed to visit this site, to receive more encouragement and if you want to share your experience with others.

So those who are not in the Catholic church has not salvation in Jesus Christ?
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 4:08:44 AM

Is this serious or a troll bit?
TheAsylum
GenesisCreation
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 5:58:41 AM

Are you serious???
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
GenesisCreation
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 6:02:17 AM
At 9/29/2012 4:07:30 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

According to the 2nd Vatican council, salvation is available to "separated brethren". The Catholic Church no longer anathematizes protestants.

It's really confusing to me, since the 7 sacraments are a means of grace and if you don't attend Catholic mass, how do you "stay saved"?
Also, it is still a mortal sin to miss Catholic mass. So....in a sense, yea SD. We're still going to hell. They just decided to be more politically correct.
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 10:55:27 PM
At 9/29/2012 4:07:30 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

peacethroughunity

I reply: To be "IN Jesus" you must be "ADDED" to him by baptism!!
Peter ADDED 3000 to the Body of Jesus the first day of Pentecost by Baptism!

Jesus commissioned his Church to make disciples of all nations by baptizing!! The Holy Catholic Church started ADDING disciples the day she was empowered by the Holy Spirit on Pentecost, she has been ADDING disciples to Jesus' body for the past two thousand years by Baptizing! 1.2 Billion disciples and still growing today!

Disciples are Jesus' brothers.. All BROTHERS of Jesus call God Father!
All brother's of Jesus honor Mary our mother!

Baptism ADDS to Jesus' holy body.. Communion KEEPS you in his body!
Ephesians 5:29
After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church" 30 for we are members of his body.

Jesus has been FEEDING his body true manna from heaven for the past two thousand years!
Jesus is the second Adam, Jesus has access to the "Tree Of Life"! Jesus is "THE LIFE" come down!

Adam lost access to the "Tree Of Life" he was removed from the garden, so Adam died!

The Thief on the Cross died before Pentecost, he was NOT ADDED to Jesus' holy body! BUT..
ScottyDouglas but he still went to heaven, he has access to the tree in Paradise! He just can't enter the throne room, he is NOT in Jesus he is NOT a CHILD OF THE KING!

Baptism "ADDS" disciples to Jesus' body, COMMUNION KEEPS the disciple "IN HIS BODY!"
John 6:55
For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

All eat so they live!
All who do not eat the "LIFE COME DOWN" die!
The protestant MIGHT have been baptized.. but they have long ago died from starvation! Moses would have died if he did not eat the MANNA, Jesus is the TRUE MANNA so likewise all who do not eat do NOT remain in "The LIFE!"

Your hope is to go to Paradise!!

Dogknox
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 10:58:28 PM
At 9/29/2012 6:02:17 AM, GenesisCreation wrote:

According to the 2nd Vatican council, salvation is available to "separated brethren". The Catholic Church no longer anathematizes protestants.

It's really confusing to me, since the 7 sacraments are a means of grace and if you don't attend Catholic mass, how do you "stay saved"?
Also, it is still a mortal sin to miss Catholic mass. So....in a sense, yea SD. We're still going to hell. They just decided to be more politically correct.

I thought so, Thanks GC!
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 11:01:51 PM
At 9/30/2012 10:55:27 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Funny no scriptures you have ever posted have given RCC authority. Jesus Christ and His Word is the authority not a man's church.
TheAsylum
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 12:36:39 AM
At 9/30/2012 11:01:51 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Funny no scriptures you have ever posted have given RCC authority. Jesus Christ and His Word is the authority not a man's church.

What a shame that the Bible can't interpret itself.

You don't think that you're an infallible authority, do you?
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 1:49:20 AM
At 10/1/2012 12:36:39 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

What a shame that the Bible can't interpret itself.

You don't think that you're an infallible authority, do you?

That is the whole point your missing, the Bible is the authority, it is the spoken Word of God. No man is, no church is. Jesus Christ's church is not a physical body but a spiritual one, the Bible say's this and that is the authority. If it is Biblical and it is verified as a teachings in multiple places in the Bible the that is an authority. If it is not in the Bible then that is hersey. If it has but one witness in the Bible then it is questionable for the Bible itself says to have atleast two witnesses.
TheAsylum
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 1:58:28 AM
At 10/1/2012 1:49:20 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
That is the whole point your missing, the Bible is the authority, it is the spoken Word of God. No man is, no church is. Jesus Christ's church is not a physical body but a spiritual one, the Bible say's this and that is the authority. If it is Biblical and it is verified as a teachings in multiple places in the Bible the that is an authority. If it is not in the Bible then that is hersey. If it has but one witness in the Bible then it is questionable for the Bible itself says to have atleast two witnesses.

Really? What is your objective conclusion on what the Bible says that you reached without using your own fallible abilities? How can you interpret the Bible using the Bible?

The Bible is an authority, it's just not the only authority.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 2:09:53 AM
At 10/1/2012 1:58:28 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/1/2012 1:49:20 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

Really? What is your objective conclusion on what the Bible says that you reached without using your own fallible abilities?
Comparing scripture against scripture. My opinion and wants are not important.
How can you interpret the Bible using the Bible?:
First, you pray before to grossing into study. The Holy Spirit gives you that understanding. Second, you cross check verses, books, with other verses and books to find what the Bible is saying. The Bible verifies itself. What is the point in giving the Bible to man if man shouldn't use it as the authority?

The Bible is an authority, it's just not the only authority.:
So a falliable church is? You can not keep honest and say that the RCC is infalliable.
TheAsylum
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 3:26:37 AM
At 10/1/2012 2:09:53 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

Oh, and who does the comparing of the scripture against scripture? The scripture? Obviously, the scripture doesn't compare itself against itself, that's logically impossible.

Try again.

First, you pray before to grossing into study. The Holy Spirit gives you that understanding.

The Holy Spirit is not the Bible, so if you're invoking the Holy Spirit you're claiming you need more than just the Bible, you need the Bible + the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

While I disagree with you, that is a more reasonable view than using the Bible alone in that it removes your own fallibility from the equation and replaces it with the infallibility of the Holy Spirit, so I will accept that as plausible.

Second, you cross check verses, books, with other verses and books to find what the Bible is saying. The Bible verifies itself. What is the point in giving the Bible to man if man shouldn't use it as the authority?

Main point: "you" cross check verses, books, with other verses and books. You're fallible, so why do you assume your cross-checking results in an objectively accurate interpretation?

I know you disagreed with annanicole, so which one of you is right? You're both "only using the scriptures".

The Bible is an authority and is a truth, it is just not the only authority.

So a falliable church is? You can not keep honest and say that the RCC is infalliable.

The Church is not fallible, except to those who are desperate to find fallibility in it. If you really want to find the Church infallible, you'll find a way to twist something to justify to your own mind that it is fallible.

People say the same thing about the Bible, that you cannot keep honest and say the the Bible is infallible. You know what we call those people? Non-Christians.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 3:41:43 AM
At 10/1/2012 3:26:37 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

Oh, and who does the comparing of the scripture against scripture? The scripture? Obviously, the scripture doesn't compare itself against itself, that's logically impossible.

Try again.

First, you pray before to grossing into study. The Holy Spirit gives you that understanding.

The Holy Spirit is not the Bible, so if you're invoking the Holy Spirit you're claiming you need more than just the Bible, you need the Bible + the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

While I disagree with you, that is a more reasonable view than using the Bible alone in that it removes your own fallibility from the equation and replaces it with the infallibility of the Holy Spirit, so I will accept that as plausible.

Second, you cross check verses, books, with other verses and books to find what the Bible is saying. The Bible verifies itself. What is the point in giving the Bible to man if man shouldn't use it as the authority?

Main point: "you" cross check verses, books, with other verses and books. You're fallible, so why do you assume your cross-checking results in an objectively accurate interpretation?

I know you disagreed with annanicole, so which one of you is right? You're both "only using the scriptures".

The Church is not fallible, except to those who are desperate to find fallibility in it. If you really want to find the Church fallible, you'll find a way to twist something to justify to your own mind that it is fallible.

People say the same thing about the Bible, that you cannot keep honest and say the the Bible is infallible. You know what we call those people? Non-Christians.

Fix'd.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 3:47:26 AM

To clarify, I don't disagree that you need the Holy Spirit. I disagree that you yourself have the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. If any old person who asks for the Holy Spirit receives him, it begs the question why hundreds of people are being directly led by the Holy Spirit to completely contradictory interpretations.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 4:21:12 AM

Try again.:
No sir, you try again. The scripture does in fact compare itself against itself. LOL.

The Holy Spirit is not the Bible, so if you're invoking the Holy Spirit you're claiming you need more than just the Bible, you need the Bible + the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.:
Fair enough, that is a given. Though the spirit works through the Word not seperate from it.

Main point: "you" cross check verses, books, with other verses and books. You're fallible, so why do you assume your cross-checking results in an objectively accurate interpretation?:
No, no books. The Bible alone. Books are not the Word of God.

I know you disagreed with annanicole, so which one of you is right? You're both "only using the scriptures".:
We did not disagree in this subject.

The Church is not fallible, except to those who are desperate to find fallibility in it. If you really want to find the Church infallible, you'll find a way to twist something to justify to your own mind that it is fallible.:
So i guess a church who killed, tortured, burned massive amounts of people is infalliable. I guess a church who through God made claims that were unscientific, like the earth is flat and is the center of the universe is not falliable. What a crock. They are comptely falliable and matter fact are unBiblical.

People say the same thing about the Bible, that you cannot keep honest and say the the Bible is infallible. You know what we call those people? Non-Christians.:

LOL, I find people non-christians that call the Bible, the Word of God, falliable, as non-christians and heretics.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 4:22:58 AM
At 10/1/2012 3:47:26 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

To clarify, I don't disagree that you need the Holy Spirit. I disagree that you yourself have the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. If any old person who asks for the Holy Spirit receives him, it begs the question why hundreds of people are being directly led by the Holy Spirit to completely contradictory interpretations.:

You and your church is some of the biggest hypocrites in christianity.
TheAsylum
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 6:30:02 AM
At 10/1/2012 4:22:58 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 10/1/2012 3:47:26 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

To clarify, I don't disagree that you need the Holy Spirit. I disagree that you yourself have the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. If any old person who asks for the Holy Spirit receives him, it begs the question why hundreds of people are being directly led by the Holy Spirit to completely contradictory interpretations.:

You and your church is some of the biggest hypocrites in christianity.

Ooh, is it "let's insult people with disagree with" time?

As Dogknox so aptly said, "The "Dim-witted" uses insult to make a point not the intelligent!".

I am definitely a hypocrite, and I concede to it fully. That doesn't mean you shouldn't listen to me.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 6:41:32 AM
At 10/1/2012 4:21:12 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
No sir, you try again. The scripture does in fact compare itself against itself. LOL.

Give me an example of the New Testament interpreting itself, where there is one letter/gospel that discourses about another letter/gospel, authoritatively.

Just a slight prediction: You won't be able to.

Fair enough, that is a given. Though the spirit works through the Word not seperate from it.

Glad to see we agree on something.

No, no books. The Bible alone. Books are not the Word of God.

By "books", I mean "books in the Bible".

We did not disagree in this subject.

Irrelevant. When you do disagree, which one of you is right?

You'll never be able to reach an objective decision.

So i guess a church who killed, tortured, burned massive amounts of people is infalliable.

Point me to where the Catholic Church taught "torture and burn massive amounts of people". People in the Church were directly contradicting their own theology, but that doesn't cause the Church to become fallible.

I guess a church who through God made claims that were unscientific, like the earth is flat and is the center of the universe is not falliable. What a crock.

Got any proof that the Catholic Church officially stated "If any one saith that either the earth is not flat or the earth is not the center of the universe, let him be anathema"?

Of course you don't.

Mind you, Galileo, considered by Wikipedia to be "The Father of modern Physics" and "The Father of Science" was a devout Catholic.

They are comptely falliable and matter fact are unBiblical.

You're just proving my point. If you want to reject the Church, you'll always find an excuse to do so, just like how an atheist will always find an excuse to reject the Bible.

LOL, I find people non-christians that call the Bible, the Word of God, falliable, as non-christians and heretics.

That's pretty much what I just wrote, so I guess we agree on this too?
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 12:27:51 PM

I reply: There is NO scriptures that support; "Protestants can interpret scriptures correctly!"

FACT: Jesus gave the world his ONE CHURCH with all of his authority to TEACH ALL NATIONS!

FACT: The ONLY CHURCH Jesus formed can only be the Holy Catholic Church.. There was NO OTHERS!!

The proof you look for is found in HISTORY!!!
ScottyDouglas Peter was made SHEPHERD of God' flock! He strengthen the other apostles!

Peter holds the keys of heaven and earth!

Peter speaks for Jesus!

Peter is always first, Peter is mentioned more then all the other apostles put together!

Peter walks on water!

Peter' shadow heals all it touches!

Peter raises the dead!

The CHRISTIANS of the Early Church were all CATHOLIC'S!!
Most were BISHOPS!
All ate the flesh of Jesus in the form of bread!
All are saved because they DRINK the precious blood of Jesus in the form of wine!

There were NO protestants or protestant churches.. NONE for the first sixteen hundred years!
ScottyDouglas you are protestant clearly you are NOT in the body of Jesus, Jesus never formed your churches! You are in a man made body not the body of Jesus!

Dogknox
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 6:07:04 PM
At 10/1/2012 12:27:51 PM, Dogknox wrote:

I reply: There is NO scriptures that support; "Protestants can interpret scriptures correctly!"

There are none that support, "Roman Catholics can interpret scriptures correctly", either. So I guess you're stuck.

FACT: Jesus gave the world his ONE CHURCH with all of his authority to TEACH ALL NATIONS!

Well, the church doesn't have "all of His authority", but yes, Jesus built one church.

FACT: The ONLY CHURCH Jesus formed can only be the Holy Catholic Church.. There was NO OTHERS!!

There wasn't any "Holy Catholic Church" then, either. Right there is your problem.

The proof you look for is found in HISTORY!!!

No, the proof we look for is found in the BIBLE.

ScottyDouglas Peter was made SHEPHERD of God' flock! He strengthen the other apostles!

Yeah, like he "strengthened" Paul when Paul withstood him to the face because he (Peter) was wrong?

Peter holds the keys of heaven and earth!

The Bible doesn't say any such thing.

Peter speaks for Jesus!

So did any inspired man.

Peter is always first, Peter is mentioned more then all the other apostles put together!

No, he's not mentioned more than all the other apostles. Why do you lie so much. Man, Dogknox, you're such a liar.

Peter walks on water!

Peter' shadow heals all it touches!

Peter raises the dead!

The CHRISTIANS of the Early Church were all CATHOLIC'S!!
Most were BISHOPS!

LOL @ "most early Christians were bishops". What an idiot!

All ate the flesh of Jesus in the form of bread!
All are saved because they DRINK the precious blood of Jesus in the form of wine!

There were NO protestants or protestant churches.. NONE for the first sixteen hundred years!

That's because there was no Roman Catholic church for hundreds of years. There was nothing to protest.

ScottyDouglas you are protestant clearly you are NOT in the body of Jesus, Jesus never formed your churches! You are in a man made body not the body of Jesus!

And you are in a socioreligopolitical perversion of simply New Testament Christianity.

Anna
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 7:29:53 PM
At 10/1/2012 12:27:51 PM, Dogknox wrote:
DogKnox, Dogknox, You are physical, You think physical! Jesus Chrost and Hs church is not of this world. His church an kingdom is spiritual. His church does not have a earthly name, your does! His church accepts anyone who believes in Him, yours does not! You have no Biblical backing in your church!
TheAsylum
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 7:31:39 PM

Oh my god... I'm so sorry
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 8:54:34 PM
At 10/1/2012 1:58:28 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
Really? What is your objective conclusion on what the Bible says that you reached without using your own fallible abilities? How can you interpret the Bible using the Bible?

You don't necessarily use the bible to interpret the bible. There are many methods of doing that. First we look at the historical-critical methods which are:

Historical Critical - Who, when, style
Source method - JEDP, two source hypothesis
Form method - Where it came from. Using ethnological reasons, etymological reasons, ceremonial reasons, geological reasons.
Redaction method

Then we can look at the Literary Critical Methodologies which are:
Reader Response
Rhetorical Criticism
Genre Criticism
Narrative Criticism
Audience Criticism
There are many more but I just chose those ones.