Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Because atheism is simpler

Invalid
Posts: 105
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 4:58:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Islam: "Let's bomb an embassy"
Christianity: "Let's tell everyone they're going to hell"
Atheism: "Let's have a beer and watch the stars"
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
- Christopher Hitchens
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 5:11:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/29/2012 4:58:15 PM, Invalid wrote:
Islam: "Let's bomb an embassy"
Christianity: "Let's tell everyone they're going to hell"
Atheism: "Let's have a beer and watch the stars"

lets not let you say anything else
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 5:12:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/29/2012 4:58:15 PM, Invalid wrote:
Islam: "Let's bomb an embassy"
Christianity: "Let's tell everyone they're going to hell"
Atheism: "Let's have a beer and watch the stars"

What an intellectually numbing thread...
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 5:13:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/29/2012 4:58:15 PM, Invalid wrote:
Islam: "Let's bomb an embassy"
Christianity: "Let's tell everyone they're going to hell"
Atheism: "Let's have a beer and watch the stars"

These memes are dumb as sh!t. If you wanted to be intellectually honest and talk about only abuses you list: Suicide Bombing, Raping Children, and killing the religious in the USSR.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 5:14:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/29/2012 5:13:02 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 9/29/2012 4:58:15 PM, Invalid wrote:
Islam: "Let's bomb an embassy"
Christianity: "Let's tell everyone they're going to hell"
Atheism: "Let's have a beer and watch the stars"

These memes are dumb as sh!t. If you wanted to be intellectually honest and talk about only abuses you list: Suicide Bombing, Raping Children, and killing the religious in the USSR.

Although they all encounter the same fallacy when examining a philosophy or position for truth value. Don't judge a philosophy by its a abuses. K?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 5:33:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/29/2012 4:58:15 PM, Invalid wrote:
Islam: "Let's bomb an embassy"
Christianity: "Let's tell everyone they're going to hell"
Atheism: "Lets kill millions of Christians"

Generalizations are fun.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 5:33:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/29/2012 5:14:15 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 9/29/2012 5:13:02 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 9/29/2012 4:58:15 PM, Invalid wrote:
Islam: "Let's bomb an embassy"
Christianity: "Let's tell everyone they're going to hell"
Atheism: "Let's have a beer and watch the stars"

These memes are dumb as sh!t. If you wanted to be intellectually honest and talk about only abuses you list: Suicide Bombing, Raping Children, and killing the religious in the USSR.

Although they all encounter the same fallacy when examining a philosophy or position for truth value. Don't judge a philosophy by its a abuses. K?

+1
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Invalid
Posts: 105
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 11:01:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/29/2012 5:13:02 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 9/29/2012 4:58:15 PM, Invalid wrote:
Islam: "Let's bomb an embassy"
Christianity: "Let's tell everyone they're going to hell"
Atheism: "Let's have a beer and watch the stars"

These memes are dumb as sh!t. If you wanted to be intellectually honest and talk about only abuses you list: Suicide Bombing, Raping Children, and killing the religious in the USSR.

Haha. My friend said he could hit 100 comments on a post. While I do agree that it is stupid, you can't say it isn't correct. Of course I would be quite a bit more descriptive.
Didn't realize it sounds like a meme until now.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
- Christopher Hitchens
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2012 11:52:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/29/2012 4:58:15 PM, Invalid wrote:
Islam: "Let's bomb an embassy"
Christianity: "Let's tell everyone they're going to hell"
Atheism: "Let's have a beer and watch the stars"
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 11:20:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/29/2012 4:58:15 PM, Invalid wrote:
Atheism: "Let's have a beer and watch the stars"
You: "Let's create dumb forum threads with zero intellectual wording in them."
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 12:46:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/29/2012 11:01:39 PM, Invalid wrote:
At 9/29/2012 5:13:02 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 9/29/2012 4:58:15 PM, Invalid wrote:
Islam: "Let's bomb an embassy"
Christianity: "Let's tell everyone they're going to hell"
Atheism: "Let's have a beer and watch the stars"

These memes are dumb as sh!t. If you wanted to be intellectually honest and talk about only abuses you list: Suicide Bombing, Raping Children, and killing the religious in the USSR.

Haha. My friend said he could hit 100 comments on a post. While I do agree that it is stupid, you can't say it isn't correct. Of course I would be quite a bit more descriptive.
Didn't realize it sounds like a meme until now.

Trollers gonna troll...and get their aces handed to them by billy goats.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 1:13:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why do you only apply radicalism to the first two?

If you want to be consistent the third should be something like atheists: "Let's tell all religious people that they're buffoons who cling to superstitious story tells."

None of them convey an accurate generalization but I just noticed the first two were militants while the third was just basic.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Invalid
Posts: 105
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 2:13:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/30/2012 1:13:14 PM, phantom wrote:
Why do you only apply radicalism to the first two?

If you want to be consistent the third should be something like atheists: "Let's tell all religious people that they're buffoons who cling to superstitious story tells."

None of them convey an accurate generalization but I just noticed the first two were militants while the third was just basic.

Again, not my post.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
- Christopher Hitchens
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 2:38:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/30/2012 11:20:47 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/29/2012 4:58:15 PM, Invalid wrote:
Atheism: "Let's have a beer and watch the stars"
You: "Let's create dumb forum threads with zero intellectual wording in them."

*"And say that it wasn't mine, but I still decided to share it anyway." :)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 2:47:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Frankly I don't see what's so radical about the OP. How many Christians on this website alone go around acting like atheists need to be saved or that all humans are inherently sinful....and it is our nature to sin, so if we don't donate our lives to God or else we go to hell by default (see Gileandos, DATCOMOTO, Scottydouglas, Paradox7 and probably a lot more I can't think of right now).

And then you also have Islam, which is frankly a violent religion. Despite the fact that there are many of them who condemn violence and claim that their religion is peaceful, it is not some random unlucky coincidence that a disproportionate amount of acts of terrorism occur under the name of Islam. This does not mean we must go around persecuting Muslims. What it does mean is that we wake the hell up and stop pretending like there's no direct correlation between the religion and the bloodshed.

but no, you always want to euphemize everything. Enough people do make claims and perform actions similar to the characterizations in the OP, that they are actually quite justified.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Invalid
Posts: 105
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2012 3:03:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/30/2012 2:38:13 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/30/2012 11:20:47 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/29/2012 4:58:15 PM, Invalid wrote:
Atheism: "Let's have a beer and watch the stars"
You: "Let's create dumb forum threads with zero intellectual wording in them."

*"And say that it wasn't mine, but I still decided to share it anyway." :)

If it wasn't mine, how could I share it? I didn't post the op, but I'd be more than happy to back it up. Yes I agree, it is generalized and inconsistent. However, if you point out specific flaws, I'll be glad to discuss them with you.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
- Christopher Hitchens