Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Does God exist

phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 11:30:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Oh you mean does an omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent God exist.

The answer is no, but God does exist.

Plus the problem of evil has holes in it's general form.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 11:30:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/1/2012 11:30:30 PM, phantom wrote:
Oh you mean does an omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent God exist.

The answer is no, but God does exist.

Plus the problem of evil has holes in its general form.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 11:31:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/1/2012 11:30:30 PM, phantom wrote:
Oh you mean does an omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent God exist.

The answer is no, but God does exist.

Plus the problem of evil has holes in it's general form.

Well, I guess we can pack up this forum now. It was getting old anyway.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 11:35:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/1/2012 11:27:34 PM, ingeborg.deweever wrote:
People say God is all good, all knowing and all loving. But why do we still suffer? Is there really a God?

We make ourselves suffer, do we not?
TheAsylum
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 11:42:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/1/2012 11:35:36 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 10/1/2012 11:27:34 PM, ingeborg.deweever wrote:
People say God is all good, all knowing and all loving. But why do we still suffer? Is there really a God?

We make ourselves suffer, do we not?

*Punishes in face*

Your fault bro.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2012 11:59:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/1/2012 11:42:40 PM, phantom wrote:
At 10/1/2012 11:35:36 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 10/1/2012 11:27:34 PM, ingeborg.deweever wrote:
People say God is all good, all knowing and all loving. But why do we still suffer? Is there really a God?

We make ourselves suffer, do we not?

*Punishes in face*

Your fault bro.
You make the perfect example. Thanks
TheAsylum
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 12:06:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/1/2012 11:59:57 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 10/1/2012 11:42:40 PM, phantom wrote:
At 10/1/2012 11:35:36 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 10/1/2012 11:27:34 PM, ingeborg.deweever wrote:
People say God is all good, all knowing and all loving. But why do we still suffer? Is there really a God?

We make ourselves suffer, do we not?

*Punishes in face*

Your fault bro.
You make the perfect example. Thanks

You love being vague. Makes it hard for people to respond doesn't it.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 12:17:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/2/2012 12:06:04 AM, phantom wrote:

*Punishes in face*

Your fault bro.
You make the perfect example. Thanks

You love being vague. Makes it hard for people to respond doesn't it.

What is vague about you seeking to make someone suffer? Or all the money and food in the world and people starve? Or gang bangers looking for people to kill? Or Rapist looking for someone to rape? Or child molesters looking to kidnap children to molest them? Or the enjoyment people get in ridiculing others? Or people bombing or shooting up buildings just to kill people? Racism in any genre? Plain enough for you?
TheAsylum
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 12:26:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/1/2012 11:27:34 PM, ingeborg.deweever wrote:
People say God is all good, all knowing and all loving. But why do we still suffer? Is there really a God?

Not an all-loving one, no. At least not by any definition of love that I can accept.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 12:52:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/2/2012 12:26:14 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/1/2012 11:27:34 PM, ingeborg.deweever wrote:
People say God is all good, all knowing and all loving. But why do we still suffer? Is there really a God?

Not an all-loving one, no. At least not by any definition of love that I can accept.

What is your definition of love?
TheAsylum
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 12:58:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/1/2012 11:30:30 PM, phantom wrote:
Oh you mean does an omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent God exist.

The answer is no, but God does exist.

Plus the problem of evil has holes in it's general form.


Lol, I'd love to hear why you believe this..

Especially when you aren't any of the 'omni-'s'...
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 3:29:42 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/2/2012 12:52:04 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 10/2/2012 12:26:14 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/1/2012 11:27:34 PM, ingeborg.deweever wrote:
People say God is all good, all knowing and all loving. But why do we still suffer? Is there really a God?

Not an all-loving one, no. At least not by any definition of love that I can accept.

What is your definition of love?

Haha, love is context dependant. I have a different kind of love for my dad, my partner, my new phone, etc. An omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent being would of course have a different kind of love again. Im not arrogant enough to say I know for certain what kind of action that God would take but I reject the assertion that we are subject to that love. I can observe untold and unnecessary suffering globally that a God with the aforementioned properties could certainly resolve, if it were indeed all loving.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 3:41:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have yet to discover from those ' claiming ' a god of supreme love where they get that ideology from either inside /&OR outside their favourite Story book?

In the real world where I dwell, I see no signs/evidence of a Supernatural gods Supreme love in action!

Conversely I observe even some first hand, the misery, diseases, ailments, starvation, pain and suffering of most of mankind!
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 11:36:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/2/2012 12:17:13 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 10/2/2012 12:06:04 AM, phantom wrote:

*Punishes in face*

Your fault bro.
You make the perfect example. Thanks

You love being vague. Makes it hard for people to respond doesn't it.

What is vague about you seeking to make someone suffer? Or all the money and food in the world and people starve? Or gang bangers looking for people to kill? Or Rapist looking for someone to rape? Or child molesters looking to kidnap children to molest them? Or the enjoyment people get in ridiculing others? Or people bombing or shooting up buildings just to kill people? Racism in any genre? Plain enough for you?

You're really clueless aren't you?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 2:10:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/2/2012 11:36:06 AM, phantom wrote:
At 10/2/2012 12:17:13 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 10/2/2012 12:06:04 AM, phantom wrote:

*Punishes in face*

Your fault bro.
You make the perfect example. Thanks

You love being vague. Makes it hard for people to respond doesn't it.

What is vague about you seeking to make someone suffer? Or all the money and food in the world and people starve? Or gang bangers looking for people to kill? Or Rapist looking for someone to rape? Or child molesters looking to kidnap children to molest them? Or the enjoyment people get in ridiculing others? Or people bombing or shooting up buildings just to kill people? Racism in any genre? Plain enough for you?

You're really clueless aren't you?

Looks like your clueless and think you aren't.
TheAsylum
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 2:57:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/1/2012 11:35:36 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 10/1/2012 11:27:34 PM, ingeborg.deweever wrote:
People say God is all good, all knowing and all loving. But why do we still suffer? Is there really a God?

We make ourselves suffer, do we not?

Oh ya, when a tornado destroys most of a town, killing and injuring innocent people, that's totally caused by humans....
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 2:58:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/2/2012 12:58:34 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 10/1/2012 11:30:30 PM, phantom wrote:
Oh you mean does an omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent God exist.

The answer is no, but God does exist.

Plus the problem of evil has holes in it's general form.


Lol, I'd love to hear why you believe this..

Especially when you aren't any of the 'omni-'s'...

He's a deist. He believes in an intelligent creator but not the God of The Bible. A more reasonable position than the Christian's, that's for sure.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 3:00:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/2/2012 2:58:34 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 10/2/2012 12:58:34 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 10/1/2012 11:30:30 PM, phantom wrote:
Oh you mean does an omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent God exist.

The answer is no, but God does exist.

Plus the problem of evil has holes in it's general form.


Lol, I'd love to hear why you believe this..

Especially when you aren't any of the 'omni-'s'...

He's a deist. He believes in an intelligent creator but not the God of The Bible. A more reasonable position than the Christian's, that's for sure.

Paradox was more than likely responding to "Plus the problem of evil has holes in it's general form."
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 3:05:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/2/2012 3:00:21 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/2/2012 2:58:34 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 10/2/2012 12:58:34 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 10/1/2012 11:30:30 PM, phantom wrote:
Oh you mean does an omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent God exist.

The answer is no, but God does exist.

Plus the problem of evil has holes in it's general form.


Lol, I'd love to hear why you believe this..

Especially when you aren't any of the 'omni-'s'...

He's a deist. He believes in an intelligent creator but not the God of The Bible. A more reasonable position than the Christian's, that's for sure.

Paradox was more than likely responding to "Plus the problem of evil has holes in it's general form."

Fair enough. I'm not really all that convinced by the problem of evil either, but I am skeptical of why an all loving God would allow some of the things he obviously allows. This doesn't mean that God doesn't exist though.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 3:41:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/2/2012 3:29:42 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/2/2012 12:52:04 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 10/2/2012 12:26:14 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/1/2012 11:27:34 PM, ingeborg.deweever wrote:
People say God is all good, all knowing and all loving. But why do we still suffer? Is there really a God?

Not an all-loving one, no. At least not by any definition of love that I can accept.

What is your definition of love?

Haha, love is context dependant. I have a different kind of love for my dad, my partner, my new phone, etc. An omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent being would of course have a different kind of love again. Im not arrogant enough to say I know for certain what kind of action that God would take but I reject the assertion that we are subject to that love. I can observe untold and unnecessary suffering globally that a God with the aforementioned properties could certainly resolve, if it were indeed all loving.

Im sorry that is incorrect, the correct answer is "baby dont hurt me. Dont hurt me. No moooooooooooooooore"
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015