Total Posts:48|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Is Halloween A Sin ?

inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 11:27:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
No asterisk here..............But we know that some of our traditions are very Paganistic and sacreligious. The symbolism behind it all just may be the reason why we should not emulate
the darkside and the demons that potray it.
Here is a very interesting summary about Halloween.
Click on the link below and let me know how you feel.

http://www.christandpopculture.com...
GenesisCreation
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 11:40:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Christian life is supposed to be lived in such a fashion that other's (looking in on our life) can clearly see:" God is their treasure."

Halloween, while not religious, is still surrounded by a certain air of mysticism and spirituality. Could we honestly claim to treasure God, if we join a luke-warm observance of Necromancy?

I understand that Halloween is a fun activity for kids. I'm not saying children shouldn't have candy or dress in costumes.
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 11:45:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Whaddya know, according to this (http://catholicism.about.com...), Halloween has roots in Catholicism.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 11:51:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 11:40:00 AM, GenesisCreation wrote:
The Christian life is supposed to be lived in such a fashion that other's (looking in on our life) can clearly see:" God is their treasure."

Halloween, while not religious, is still surrounded by a certain air of mysticism and spirituality. Could we honestly claim to treasure God, if we join a luke-warm observance of Necromancy?

I understand that Halloween is a fun activity for kids. I'm not saying children shouldn't have candy or dress in costumes.

So luke-warm necromancy is okay for kids as long as it involves costumes and candy???

Then again, at the end God starts dressing people in white robes and raising all the dead, so Christians could consider it practice.....=)
GenesisCreation
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 12:18:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 11:51:13 AM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 10/3/2012 11:40:00 AM, GenesisCreation wrote:
The Christian life is supposed to be lived in such a fashion that other's (looking in on our life) can clearly see:" God is their treasure."

Halloween, while not religious, is still surrounded by a certain air of mysticism and spirituality. Could we honestly claim to treasure God, if we join a luke-warm observance of Necromancy?

I understand that Halloween is a fun activity for kids. I'm not saying children shouldn't have candy or dress in costumes.

So luke-warm necromancy is okay for kids as long as it involves costumes and candy???

Is that what I said?


Then again, at the end God starts dressing people in white robes and raising all the dead, so Christians could consider it practice.....=)

Raising to life =/= spiritual possession of a corpse.
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 1:22:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 12:18:51 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:

Raising to life =/= spiritual possession of a corpse.

That's a "not equals" yes?
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 1:30:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 1:22:22 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 10/3/2012 12:18:51 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:

Raising to life =/= spiritual possession of a corpse.

That's a "not equals" yes?

Human ideology accounts for morality. Maybe.
GenesisCreation
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 1:30:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 1:22:22 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 10/3/2012 12:18:51 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:

Raising to life =/= spiritual possession of a corpse.

That's a "not equals" yes?

No. It's an emoticon for a two-headed smileyface....... :-|
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
GenesisCreation
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 1:31:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 1:30:17 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2012 1:22:22 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 10/3/2012 12:18:51 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:

Raising to life =/= spiritual possession of a corpse.

That's a "not equals" yes?

Human ideology accounts for morality. Maybe.

You must have posted to the wrong forum.
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 1:32:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 1:31:50 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:
At 10/3/2012 1:30:17 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2012 1:22:22 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 10/3/2012 12:18:51 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:

Raising to life =/= spiritual possession of a corpse.

That's a "not equals" yes?

Human ideology accounts for morality. Maybe.

You must have posted to the wrong forum.

No,this is the right one.
GenesisCreation
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 1:47:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 1:32:24 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2012 1:31:50 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:
At 10/3/2012 1:30:17 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2012 1:22:22 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 10/3/2012 12:18:51 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:

Raising to life =/= spiritual possession of a corpse.

That's a "not equals" yes?

Human ideology accounts for morality. Maybe.

You must have posted to the wrong forum.

No,this is the right one.

Ok.....you lost me.
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 2:04:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 1:47:51 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:
At 10/3/2012 1:32:24 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2012 1:31:50 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:
At 10/3/2012 1:30:17 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2012 1:22:22 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 10/3/2012 12:18:51 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:

Raising to life =/= spiritual possession of a corpse.

That's a "not equals" yes?

Human ideology accounts for morality. Maybe.

You must have posted to the wrong forum.

No,this is the right one.

Ok.....you lost me.

Halloween and religion. It is said to be sacreligious and anti-Christ. Right now because we have such a dark propaganda machine surrounding sensationalism about the underworld.
See ABC's Fall lineup for more results.
But anyway, it seems that the bigger this becomes, the more
intrigued we are by it. And some of it has crept into the homes and churches of Christians.
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 2:09:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 1:47:51 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:
At 10/3/2012 1:32:24 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2012 1:31:50 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:
At 10/3/2012 1:30:17 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2012 1:22:22 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 10/3/2012 12:18:51 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:

Raising to life =/= spiritual possession of a corpse.

That's a "not equals" yes?

Human ideology accounts for morality. Maybe.

You must have posted to the wrong forum.

No,this is the right one.

Ok.....you lost me.

*hugz*
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 2:14:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Morality can be defined as a torus of light with a central perfectly straight and harmonized with itself white light laser beam that is the central axis of the universe the fir arrow of Time and the origin of the electromotive force as top polar + side beams down to the - polar axis point of expansion into the rest of the torus as 7 colors then braids back together and re-joins the north polar dive beck into the center columnar laser beam. More like a thunder beam.

How was that?
GenesisCreation
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 3:03:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 2:15:32 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
First arrow of Time which equals continuous directionality.

I think morality could be defined as "not that".
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
GenesisCreation
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 3:08:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You said: "Morality can be defined as a torus of light".
Rebuttal: Nobody likes Ford that much.

You said: "....with a central perfectly straight and harmonized with itself white light laser beam that is the central axis of the universe the fir arrow of Time and the origin of the electromotive force as top polar"
Rebuttal: Absolutely not.....and I never will!

You said:" + side beams down to the - polar axis point of expansion into the rest of the torus as 7 colors then braids back together and re-joins the north polar dive beck into the center columnar laser beam."
Rebuttal: Once. In College. Only once though.

You said: More like a thunder beam.
Rebuttal:......(sigh)

You said:" How was that?"
Rebuttal: That was how?
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 3:09:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 3:08:05 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:
You said: "Morality can be defined as a torus of light".
Rebuttal: Nobody likes Ford that much.

You said: "....with a central perfectly straight and harmonized with itself white light laser beam that is the central axis of the universe the fir arrow of Time and the origin of the electromotive force as top polar"
Rebuttal: Absolutely not.....and I never will!

You said:" + side beams down to the - polar axis point of expansion into the rest of the torus as 7 colors then braids back together and re-joins the north polar dive beck into the center columnar laser beam."
Rebuttal: Once. In College. Only once though.


You said: More like a thunder beam.
Rebuttal:......(sigh)

You said:" How was that?"
Rebuttal: That was how?

It's nice to have you in this forum.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 3:13:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 3:09:59 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/3/2012 3:08:05 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:
You said: "Morality can be defined as a torus of light".
Rebuttal: Nobody likes Ford that much.

You said: "....with a central perfectly straight and harmonized with itself white light laser beam that is the central axis of the universe the fir arrow of Time and the origin of the electromotive force as top polar"
Rebuttal: Absolutely not.....and I never will!

You said:" + side beams down to the - polar axis point of expansion into the rest of the torus as 7 colors then braids back together and re-joins the north polar dive beck into the center columnar laser beam."
Rebuttal: Once. In College. Only once though.


You said: More like a thunder beam.
Rebuttal:......(sigh)

You said:" How was that?"
Rebuttal: That was how?

It's nice to have you in this forum.

Manmade traditions often mean more propaganda. Now it is for profit. So this means that our lives to some degree are being controlled or manipulated by this propaganda machine.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 3:27:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 11:27:01 AM, inferno wrote:
No asterisk here..............But we know that some of our traditions are very Paganistic and sacreligious. The symbolism behind it all just may be the reason why we should not emulate
the darkside and the demons that potray it.
Here is a very interesting summary about Halloween.
Click on the link below and let me know how you feel.

http://www.christandpopculture.com...


I believe 1 Corinthians 8-9 takes care of this.

We can honor God in everything we do-- even when celebrating halloween.

Just because some purpose halloween to be for pagan tradition, doesn't mean we can't have our own reasons.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 3:41:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 3:27:37 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 11:27:01 AM, inferno wrote:
No asterisk here..............But we know that some of our traditions are very Paganistic and sacreligious. The symbolism behind it all just may be the reason why we should not emulate
the darkside and the demons that potray it.
Here is a very interesting summary about Halloween.
Click on the link below and let me know how you feel.

http://www.christandpopculture.com...


I believe 1 Corinthians 8-9 takes care of this.

We can honor God in everything we do-- even when celebrating halloween.

Just because some purpose halloween to be for pagan tradition, doesn't mean we can't have our own reasons.

Explain how this is so.
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 4:40:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 3:03:11 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:
At 10/3/2012 2:15:32 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
First arrow of Time which equals continuous directionality.

I think morality could be defined as "not that".

Does not what you do over time define your morality relative to environment, you either helped it or hindered it. It keeps growing, are you as pointed and flexible?
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 4:41:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 3:08:05 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:
You said: "Morality can be defined as a torus of light".
Rebuttal: Nobody likes Ford that much.

You said: "....with a central perfectly straight and harmonized with itself white light laser beam that is the central axis of the universe the fir arrow of Time and the origin of the electromotive force as top polar"
Rebuttal: Absolutely not.....and I never will!

You said:" + side beams down to the - polar axis point of expansion into the rest of the torus as 7 colors then braids back together and re-joins the north polar dive beck into the center columnar laser beam."
Rebuttal: Once. In College. Only once though.


You said: More like a thunder beam.
Rebuttal:......(sigh)

You said:" How was that?"
Rebuttal: That was how?

I suppose that makes you master of the rim shoot?
GenesisCreation
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 5:06:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 4:40:49 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 10/3/2012 3:03:11 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:
At 10/3/2012 2:15:32 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
First arrow of Time which equals continuous directionality.

I think morality could be defined as "not that".

Does not what you do over time define your morality relative to environment, you either helped it or hindered it. It keeps growing, are you as pointed and flexible?

That sounds like an inappropriate question.
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
GenesisCreation
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 5:07:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 4:41:22 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 10/3/2012 3:08:05 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:
You said: "Morality can be defined as a torus of light".
Rebuttal: Nobody likes Ford that much.

You said: "....with a central perfectly straight and harmonized with itself white light laser beam that is the central axis of the universe the fir arrow of Time and the origin of the electromotive force as top polar"
Rebuttal: Absolutely not.....and I never will!

You said:" + side beams down to the - polar axis point of expansion into the rest of the torus as 7 colors then braids back together and re-joins the north polar dive beck into the center columnar laser beam."
Rebuttal: Once. In College. Only once though.


You said: More like a thunder beam.
Rebuttal:......(sigh)

You said:" How was that?"
Rebuttal: That was how?

I suppose that makes you master of the rim shoot?

I.....guess?
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:46:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 5:07:14 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:41:22 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 10/3/2012 3:08:05 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:
You said: "Morality can be defined as a torus of light".
Rebuttal: Nobody likes Ford that much.

You said: "....with a central perfectly straight and harmonized with itself white light laser beam that is the central axis of the universe the fir arrow of Time and the origin of the electromotive force as top polar"
Rebuttal: Absolutely not.....and I never will!

You said:" + side beams down to the - polar axis point of expansion into the rest of the torus as 7 colors then braids back together and re-joins the north polar dive beck into the center columnar laser beam."
Rebuttal: Once. In College. Only once though.


You said: More like a thunder beam.
Rebuttal:......(sigh)

You said:" How was that?"
Rebuttal: That was how?

I suppose that makes you master of the rim shoot?

I.....guess?

I guess not.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 8:29:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 3:41:57 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2012 3:27:37 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 11:27:01 AM, inferno wrote:
No asterisk here..............But we know that some of our traditions are very Paganistic and sacreligious. The symbolism behind it all just may be the reason why we should not emulate
the darkside and the demons that potray it.
Here is a very interesting summary about Halloween.
Click on the link below and let me know how you feel.

http://www.christandpopculture.com...


I believe 1 Corinthians 8-9 takes care of this.

We can honor God in everything we do-- even when celebrating halloween.

Just because some purpose halloween to be for pagan tradition, doesn't mean we can't have our own reasons.

Explain how this is so.


Apologies, it's actually 1 Cor. 10.

23 "I have the right to do anything," you say"but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything""but not everything is constructive. 24 No one should seek their own good, but the good of others.

25 Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience, 26 for, "The earth is the Lord"s, and everything in it."

27 If an unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience. 28 But if someone says to you, "This has been offered in sacrifice," then do not eat it, both for the sake of the one who told you and for the sake of conscience. 29 I am referring to the other person"s conscience, not yours. For why is my freedom being judged by another"s conscience? 30 If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?

31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 32 Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God" 33 even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
GenesisCreation
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 4:41:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:46:12 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:07:14 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:41:22 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
At 10/3/2012 3:08:05 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:
You said: "Morality can be defined as a torus of light".
Rebuttal: Nobody likes Ford that much.

You said: "....with a central perfectly straight and harmonized with itself white light laser beam that is the central axis of the universe the fir arrow of Time and the origin of the electromotive force as top polar"
Rebuttal: Absolutely not.....and I never will!

You said:" + side beams down to the - polar axis point of expansion into the rest of the torus as 7 colors then braids back together and re-joins the north polar dive beck into the center columnar laser beam."
Rebuttal: Once. In College. Only once though.


You said: More like a thunder beam.
Rebuttal:......(sigh)

You said:" How was that?"
Rebuttal: That was how?

I suppose that makes you master of the rim shoot?

I.....guess?

I guess not.

Are you a duplicated account for "The Fool"?...you must be related, at the very least.
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 5:45:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Past practices may have been but I don't think Halloween, as celebrated today, is inherently harmful. I mean kids just dress up, go visit people, and get candy. I think the intent behind it is what would make it sinful. If you celebrate, or worship something on that day then yeah, it's a sin but just to dress up and get candy is not a sinful act.