Total Posts:100|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Where Did Jesus Go After He Died

stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 9:10:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I just wanted to get others opinions on this because I recently discovered something interesting about the topic. Some say he went to hell, hades, or heaven. Those that say he went to heaven usually use Luke 23:43 which says, "Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise." in support of their claim.

However, in the Greek text, there are no comma's. We decided the comma should go here ----> I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise. What if the comma was put here ----> I tell you the truth today, you will be with me in paradise.

I think it is an interesting thing to think about, but I don't think any theological point should be based off one verse. Anyways just wanted to get others opinions and ask what you thought of the point I brought up.

Thanks.
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 9:21:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ephesians 4:4 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

7 But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. 8 This is why it[a] says:

"When he ascended on high,
he took many captives
and gave gifts to his people."[b]

9 (What does "he ascended" mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions[c]? 10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.) 11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

He went back to filling the whole universe. =)
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 9:49:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 9:21:58 PM, Archistrategos wrote:
Ephesians 4:4 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

7 But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. 8 This is why it[a] says:

"When he ascended on high,
he took many captives
and gave gifts to his people."[b]

9 (What does "he ascended" mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions[c]? 10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.) 11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.



He went back to filling the whole universe. =)

More often gets translated as "fill all things"
Dogknox
Posts: 5,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 10:26:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 9:10:38 PM, stubs wrote:
I just wanted to get others opinions on this because I recently discovered something interesting about the topic. Some say he went to hell, hades, or heaven. Those that say he went to heaven usually use Luke 23:43 which says, "Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise." in support of their claim.

However, in the Greek text, there are no comma's. We decided the comma should go here ----> I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise. What if the comma was put here ----> I tell you the truth today, you will be with me in paradise.

I think it is an interesting thing to think about, but I don't think any theological point should be based off one verse. Anyways just wanted to get others opinions and ask what you thought of the point I brought up.

Thanks.
1 Peter 3:17
For it is better, if it is God"s will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.
18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.
19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits" 20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water.


stubs Good question: I suggest 1) but made alive in the Spirit means Jesus is SPIRIT after death!
Being Spirit Jesus could be everywhere at the same time.. God is Omnipresent!
Jesus could be with the "Good Thief"! The"Good Thief" also would be spirit so the "TODAY" mentioned in the Gospel could be one hour or one thousand years.. God lives outside of time and space!

2) The word "Hell" mentioned in the Apostles Creed is translated "In ENGLISH" to hell! It was always meant to be the "Abode of the Dead" not Gehenna the place of Satan, the place of the damned.!
The Apostles' Creed contains this line in Latin: descendit ad inferos. In older English the word inferos was rendered as "hell," but it was understood not to mean the place of the damned.
stubs Descendit ad inferos. meant the temporary state where the just who died in pre-Christian times were kept, waiting for heaven to be opened to them.

God bless...
Dogknox
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 4:55:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster:

In Thread " Let's Talk About Freewill " Dogknox claimed Story book jebus was Immortal -

At 10/1/2012 5:20:05 PM, Dogknox wrote:
. . . . he is immortal he died for us... . . .

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: You speak unending self contradicting horse manure!

Immortal = 1. Not subject to death (WordWeb)

Immortal = 1. . . . . not liable or subject to death (Dictionary.com)

So in answer to the OP, YOUR Story book jebus is Immortal thus never died so it didn't and couldn't go anywhere after it died because it couldn't die according to YOU & your Cult minded priestly whores that like ALL so called believers, prostitute themselves selling their Snake-Oil for Story book promises of divine rewards!!
GenesisCreation
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 5:11:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 4:55:29 AM, Composer wrote:
Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster:

In Thread " Let's Talk About Freewill " Dogknox claimed Story book jebus was Immortal -

At 10/1/2012 5:20:05 PM, Dogknox wrote:
. . . . he is immortal he died for us... . . .


Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: You speak unending self contradicting horse manure!

Immortal = 1. Not subject to death (WordWeb)

Immortal = 1. . . . . not liable or subject to death (Dictionary.com)

So in answer to the OP, YOUR Story book jebus is Immortal thus never died so it didn't and couldn't go anywhere after it died because it couldn't die according to YOU & your Cult minded priestly whores that like ALL so called believers, prostitute themselves selling their Snake-Oil for Story book promises of divine rewards!!

He went to Heaven. He said:"It is finished". Would a statement like that require him to do anything else?
If "it is finished"....does he need to go to Hell and perform a work there?
If "it is finished"...does he need to visit "purgatory" and perform a work there?

"Surely, this day you will be with me in Paradise." (Christ to the Thief)
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 7:49:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 5:11:36 AM, GenesisCreation wrote:

He went to Heaven. He said:"It is finished". Would a statement like that require him to do anything else?
If "it is finished"....does he need to go to Hell and perform a work there?
If "it is finished"...does he need to visit "purgatory" and perform a work there?


This statement has gave me questions because does that mean the resurrection was not required? He said "it is finished" when he was still on the cross correct?

"Surely, this day you will be with me in Paradise." (Christ to the Thief)

I went over this. You put that comma there. I also think that's a bad translation haha, but nevertheless I recognized this point above because there are no comma's in the Greek text.
GenesisCreation
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 7:55:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 7:49:38 AM, stubs wrote:
At 10/4/2012 5:11:36 AM, GenesisCreation wrote:

He went to Heaven. He said:"It is finished". Would a statement like that require him to do anything else?
If "it is finished"....does he need to go to Hell and perform a work there?
If "it is finished"...does he need to visit "purgatory" and perform a work there?


This statement has gave me questions because does that mean the resurrection was not required? He said "it is finished" when he was still on the cross correct?

Yes, he was still on the cross....and it was finished. Can you tell me anything that Christ was required to do, beyond this, to save mankind?


"Surely, this day you will be with me in Paradise." (Christ to the Thief)

I went over this. You put that comma there. I also think that's a bad translation haha, but nevertheless I recognized this point above because there are no comma's in the Greek text.

Yea...I paraphrase. Forgive me. :-)
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
GenesisCreation
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 8:05:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 7:49:38 AM, stubs wrote:
At 10/4/2012 5:11:36 AM, GenesisCreation wrote:

He went to Heaven. He said:"It is finished". Would a statement like that require him to do anything else?
If "it is finished"....does he need to go to Hell and perform a work there?
If "it is finished"...does he need to visit "purgatory" and perform a work there?


This statement has gave me questions because does that mean the resurrection was not required? He said "it is finished" when he was still on the cross correct?

"Surely, this day you will be with me in Paradise." (Christ to the Thief)

I went over this. You put that comma there. I also think that's a bad translation haha, but nevertheless I recognized this point above because there are no comma's in the Greek text.

The reason we know the context, is because Christ uses the same phrase again and again. It signifies Holy Decree.

In the Old testament it was:"Thus Sayeth the Lord", or "It is written".
In the New Testament, it's:" I tell you the truth", "I speak the Truth", "You have heard it said....but I tell you..."

He never once speaks in reference of temporal context.

If he said:" I tell you the truth today, you will be in paradise with me", that easily means he didn't tell the truth on another day. Christ was never that flimsy with his words.

Without a doubt, he spoke the same immortal words on that Cross as he has in many other instances.

"I speak the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

Also understand that the Bible is for everyone, not just the Thief. When Christ says:" I tell you" or "I speak"......that means..."LISTEN...THE NEXT PART IS DOCTRINE! You can take this tio the bank."

Check this resource: http://blog.guidedbytruth.com...

Also, Christ most likely spoke Aramaic to the thief. The Gospel was given to us in a Gentile language, but that does not infer that they spoke like Gentiles.

Either way, that's a point of speculation.
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
Double_Helix46
Posts: 466
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 8:12:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Good question.
It is clear that Jesus Christ said in Luke 23:43, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise." He also said, "For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth", in Matthew 12:40. We should remember that the Word of God can not be broken. So, how do we reconcile these's verses?

We do this by looking deeper into the text. The body goes back into the ground, the grave but the soul goes into Sheol or Hades there to await the resurrection of the body after the second coming. Sheol/Hades is the place where the souls of the righteous and the unrighteous go after death. Death, or the grave, claims the physical part of man, the body, while Sheol/Hades claims the separated, spiritual part of man, the soul. This is exactly the meaning of Psalm 16:10: "For Thou wilt not leave my soul in Hell (Sheol); neither will Thou suffer Thine Holy One to see corruption." Revelation 6:9-12: "I saw under the alter the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. They called out in a loud voice.... Then each of them were given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow-servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed." 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 describes what happens at the second coming when the dead in Christ are physically resurrected and those still alive will be caught up together with them to meet the Lord in the air. But the souls of all those persons who have died prior to the second coming have been awaiting this moment. Their souls have been in Sheol or Hades. After the body dies, the soul goes to an interim "holding place" which is either a place of torment or a place of bliss (referred to as 'Abraham's Bosom' or 'paradise.')
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 8:12:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 7:55:50 AM, GenesisCreation wrote:

Yes, he was still on the cross....and it was finished. Can you tell me anything that Christ was required to do, beyond this, to save mankind?


Paul said if Christ had not risen our faith is useless, or more literally, futile. I'm just trying to throw out ideas here. From what you have been saying I think our views are nearly identical. I just like getting all the ideas out there to look at. I will respond to your other post when I get back from class.
GenesisCreation
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 8:37:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 8:12:54 AM, stubs wrote:
At 10/4/2012 7:55:50 AM, GenesisCreation wrote:

Yes, he was still on the cross....and it was finished. Can you tell me anything that Christ was required to do, beyond this, to save mankind?


Paul said if Christ had not risen our faith is useless, or more literally, futile. I'm just trying to throw out ideas here. From what you have been saying I think our views are nearly identical. I just like getting all the ideas out there to look at. I will respond to your other post when I get back from class.

Paul said that for a multitude of reasons.
1.> If Christ did not rise, then maybe he didn't have enough Holy Juice to pay for all sin.
2.> If Christ did not rise, he's not Messiah.

3.> If Christ did not rise, he failed his own prophecies.

4.> If Christ did not rise he was a man and we placed our faith in a deception.

This has nothing to do with actual attoenment. This has to do with proof and prophecy.
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 9:17:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Everyone knows Jesus went back to Alburquerque after he died....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 9:26:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 9:17:45 AM, imabench wrote:
Everyone knows Jesus went back to Alburquerque after he died....

Elaborate...

:P
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
GenesisCreation
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 9:42:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 9:17:45 AM, imabench wrote:
Everyone knows Jesus went back to Alburquerque after he died....

I smell racism.....
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 10:00:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
There is no such thing as hell in present time. Satan and his follower are roaming the earth now deceiving many. They don't retreat to a fiery pit when they want a break. Only on the last day, God will destroy sin with fire. This is the cleansing of the earth and will not be eternal. You can call that temporary cleansing hell, I guess. But it is not eternal.
GenesisCreation
Posts: 496
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 10:37:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 10:00:18 AM, Jordan56 wrote:
There is no such thing as hell in present time. Satan and his follower are roaming the earth now deceiving many. They don't retreat to a fiery pit when they want a break. Only on the last day, God will destroy sin with fire. This is the cleansing of the earth and will not be eternal. You can call that temporary cleansing hell, I guess. But it is not eternal.

..........
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 10:43:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 10:37:45 AM, GenesisCreation wrote:
At 10/4/2012 10:00:18 AM, Jordan56 wrote:
There is no such thing as hell in present time. Satan and his follower are roaming the earth now deceiving many. They don't retreat to a fiery pit when they want a break. Only on the last day, God will destroy sin with fire. This is the cleansing of the earth and will not be eternal. You can call that temporary cleansing hell, I guess. But it is not eternal.

..........

After Jesus died it would be impossible for him to have gone to hell. Hell doesn't exist.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 10:44:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
GenesisCreation you said..
He went to Heaven. He said:"It is finished". Would a statement like that require him to do anything else?
If "it is finished"....does he need to go to Hell and perform a work there?
If "it is finished"...does he need to visit "purgatory" and perform a work there?

"Surely, this day you will be with me in Paradise." (Christ to the Thief)


I reply: Who said.. "It is finished" means Jesus' work is finished!!! Jesus does NOT say his work is finished, it is not scriptural!!

NOTE: the "HYSSOP" in verse 29 (below) .. The Jews used Hyssop to put the blood of the; "Sacrificial Lamb on their door posts at the first PASSOVER in Egypt!"
NOTE: the "WINE & HYSSOP" (below) is similar to "Blood & HYSSOP" at the first Passover!
John 19:28
Later, knowing that everything had now been finished, and so that Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty."
29 A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus" lips.
30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.


Jesus is a LAMB!!!
John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

GenesisCreation Jesus is a "Sacrificial Lamb" he is the NEW PASSOVER Sacrifice!! What is finished is; The "Passover Meal is FINISHED" started on Thursday ending on Friday!
NOTE: Jesus is Slaughterer "the day of preparation" the day Jews slaughter their Passover Lambs (Thursday)!
The "Sacrificial Lamb" has been slaughtered the introduction of the NEW Passover is "finished"!! Started in the upper room FINISHED on the cross!

NOT HIS WORK, Jesus' WORK is NOT finished!
GenesisCreation Jesus is STILL WORKING to this very day!! He is a High Priest; High Priests OFFER Sacrifice, in heaven Jesus is offering to God his holy Sacrifice continually! Jesus is NOT a High Priest if he does NOT OFFER sacrifice! Jesus' work was not finished; Jesus still had to preach to the dead, he had to give his "Great Commission" he had to ASCEND into heaven!

Jesus is STILL working feeding his Body caring for his body!
Ephesians 5:29
After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church" 30 for we are members of his body.

GenesisCreation "IT IS FINISHED" does not mean Jesus' work is finished, you have fallen for a man made tradition, a unscriptural TEACHING! "It Is Finished" was first taught as meaning Jesus' work is finished less then three hundred years ago! No CHRISTIANS have ever taught "It is FINISHED" to mean Jesus' work is finished; It is not scriptural!!

Dogknox
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 10:49:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Haha! DogKnox thinks that when Jesus said, "It is finished" that the "it" refers to the DRINK that He had been handed, i. e. He sipped His drink of wine, and when it (the drink) was all gone, the Lord said, "It (the drink) is finished."

DogKnox, that's a worse perversion than your BS about "Catholics honor Mary" when you were struggling to defend praying to her.

Totally ridiculous.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Dogknox
Posts: 5,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 10:54:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Jordan56 you said.. After Jesus died it would be impossible for him to have gone to hell. Hell doesn't exist.

I reply you are wrong.. Clearly you must reject the scriptures to say what you do! CHRISTIANS Believe the scriptures they do not reject the scriptures!

Matthew 18:8
If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire.

Jude 1:7
In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Mark 9:48
where ""the worms that eat them do not die, and the fire is not quenched."

2 Thessalonians 1:9
They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might

Matthew 25:41
"Then he will say to those on his left, "Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Jordan56 People that reject "Hell" are not Christian!!
Christians believe the scriptures, rejecting the scriptures IS REJECTING JESUS.. This is scripture!!!!

Dogknox
Dogknox
Posts: 5,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 11:28:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 11:14:11 AM, GenesisCreation wrote:


IT IS FINISHED is Jesus' sacrifice is FINISHED.. NOT Jesus' WORK!!!
Jesus is working to this very day in heaven.. He is a HIGH Priest offering to God his one SACRIFICE!!!

NO WHERE is it even implied Jesus stopped working!!
Dogknox
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 11:41:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I didn't say Jesus' work for all eternity is finished, but dang, DogKnox, only YOU would be dumb enough to say that the "it" in "it is finished" refers to the drink. It can't be the drink: the genders in the Greek are wrong. You think Jesus was hanging their on the cross talking about a DRINK being sipped down? C'mon. Even Papa over in Rome isn't that silly. I think you made that one up on your own.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Jordan56
Posts: 1,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 11:49:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 10:54:25 AM, Dogknox wrote:
Jordan56 you said.. After Jesus died it would be impossible for him to have gone to hell. Hell doesn't exist.

I reply you are wrong.. Clearly you must reject the scriptures to say what you do! CHRISTIANS Believe the scriptures they do not reject the scriptures!

Matthew 18:8
If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire.

Jude 1:7
In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Mark 9:48
where ""the worms that eat them do not die, and the fire is not quenched."

2 Thessalonians 1:9
They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might

Matthew 25:41
"Then he will say to those on his left, "Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Jordan56 People that reject "Hell" are not Christian!!
Christians believe the scriptures, rejecting the scriptures IS REJECTING JESUS.. This is scripture!!!!

Dogknox

Your the type of person that scares people out of the church, throwing scriptures around and stating that people are not christian. You have no right. I am Christian and believe Jesus Christ is my savior. I don't care what you say otherwise.

As to your above statements, it seems like you are stuck only in the New Testament and forgetting the foundations that were established in the Old Testament. Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by fire from the heavens. I am assuming that if it was hell's fire it would come from below Genesis 19:24

Eternal hell would not be fair to us. God told us in the beginning that the punishment for sin is death, not eternal life in hell. That would be a punishment far greater than anyone's sin and will not be fair to anyone.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 11:57:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 10:49:54 AM, annanicole wrote:
Haha! DogKnox thinks that when Jesus said, "It is finished" that the "it" refers to the DRINK that He had been handed, i. e. He sipped His drink of wine, and when it (the drink) was all gone, the Lord said, "It (the drink) is finished."

DogKnox, that's a worse perversion than your BS about "Catholics honor Mary" when you were struggling to defend praying to her.

Totally ridiculous.

I think if you actually read what he wrote, you won't find it to support the conclusion you've drawn.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 12:27:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 11:57:07 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/4/2012 10:49:54 AM, annanicole wrote:
Haha! DogKnox thinks that when Jesus said, "It is finished" that the "it" refers to the DRINK that He had been handed, i. e. He sipped His drink of wine, and when it (the drink) was all gone, the Lord said, "It (the drink) is finished."

DogKnox, that's a worse perversion than your BS about "Catholics honor Mary" when you were struggling to defend praying to her.

Totally ridiculous.

I think if you actually read what he wrote, you won't find it to support the conclusion you've drawn.

At 10/4/2012 10:44:35 AM, Dogknox wrote:
GenesisCreation Jesus is a "Sacrificial Lamb" he is the NEW PASSOVER Sacrifice!! What is finished is; The "Passover Meal is FINISHED" started on Thursday ending on Friday!
NOTE: Jesus is Slaughterer "the day of preparation" the day Jews slaughter their Passover Lambs (Thursday)!
The "Sacrificial Lamb" has been slaughtered the introduction of the NEW Passover is "finished"!! Started in the upper room FINISHED on the cross!

See? Pretty clear that he didn't say what you claimed he said. In fact, I'm not even sure how you misinterpreted him so badly.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 12:50:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 12:27:07 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/4/2012 11:57:07 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/4/2012 10:49:54 AM, annanicole wrote:
Haha! DogKnox thinks that when Jesus said, "It is finished" that the "it" refers to the DRINK that He had been handed, i. e. He sipped His drink of wine, and when it (the drink) was all gone, the Lord said, "It (the drink) is finished."

DogKnox, that's a worse perversion than your BS about "Catholics honor Mary" when you were struggling to defend praying to her.

Totally ridiculous.

I think if you actually read what he wrote, you won't find it to support the conclusion you've drawn.

At 10/4/2012 10:44:35 AM, Dogknox wrote:
GenesisCreation Jesus is a "Sacrificial Lamb" he is the NEW PASSOVER Sacrifice!! What is finished is; The "Passover Meal is FINISHED" started on Thursday ending on Friday!
NOTE: Jesus is Slaughterer "the day of preparation" the day Jews slaughter their Passover Lambs (Thursday)!
The "Sacrificial Lamb" has been slaughtered the introduction of the NEW Passover is "finished"!! Started in the upper room FINISHED on the cross!

See? Pretty clear that he didn't say what you claimed he said. In fact, I'm not even sure how you misinterpreted him so badly.

Perhaps not. I don't know what exactly he meant. My apologies, though. 'Tis true that I expect (and usually get) intelligent comments from most on here. In fact, DogKnox is the only consistent exception to the norm.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 12:52:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 12:50:56 PM, annanicole wrote:
Perhaps not. I don't know what exactly he meant. My apologies, though. 'Tis true that I expect (and usually get) intelligent comments from most on here. In fact, DogKnox is the only consistent exception to the norm.

Composer?
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13