Total Posts:83|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Westboro Baptist Church

Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 3:07:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why do Christians dislike them for preaching the Bible? What's wrong with their claims?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 3:07:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/8/2012 3:07:03 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Why do Christians dislike them for preaching the Bible? What's wrong with their claims?

They're wrong.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
joneszj
Posts: 1,202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 3:12:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/8/2012 3:07:03 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Why do Christians dislike them for preaching the Bible? What's wrong with their claims?

http://carm.org...

hope that helps wallstreet
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 3:47:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/8/2012 3:07:03 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Why do Christians dislike them for preaching the Bible? What's wrong with their claims?

People do not dislike them for preaching the Bible at all. I have seen them in debate, and they (or she) is kinda pitiful. She doesn't know a Greek letter from a chicken's footprint.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 5:23:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/8/2012 3:07:03 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Why do Christians dislike them for preaching the Bible? What's wrong with their claims?

Whoa, mark your calendar folks, a whole new level of dim witted has been achieved.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 7:22:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/8/2012 3:07:03 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Why do Christians dislike them for preaching the Bible? What's wrong with their claims?

They aren't preaching the bible...see the entire New Testament for more details. You know all that love thy neighbor as you love yourself and do not judge others? Yea.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 7:33:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, you see, gays deserve to be tortured forever, but holding signs that say "God Hates Faags" crosses the line. That makes sense, right?
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 8:04:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/8/2012 7:33:24 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Well, you see, gays deserve to be tortured forever

Nope. Not in the bible.

but holding signs that say "God Hates Faags" crosses the line. That makes sense, right?

Yep. Also, not in the bible.
Double_Helix46
Posts: 466
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 8:09:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This:
Publications: westbororbaptistchurch.com, godhatesfags.com. "...the World's Greatest Publishing Company flies under the banner of Westboro Baptist Church." Signs used for picketing include "GOD HATES F*GS, F*GS HATE GOD, AIDS CURES F*GS, THANK GOD FOR AIDS, F*GS BURN IN HELL, F*GS ARE NATURE FREAKS, GOD GAVE F*GS UP, NO SPECIAL LAWS FOR F*GS, F*GS DOOM NATIONS, THANK GOD FOR DEAD SOLDIERS, F*G TROOPS, GOD BLEW UP THE TROOPS, GOD HATES AMERICA, AMERICA IS DOOMED, THE WORLD IS DOOMED"
DeFool
Posts: 626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 8:09:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/8/2012 3:07:03 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Why do Christians dislike them for preaching the Bible? What's wrong with their claims?

+ 1.

The Westboro Baptists are true followers of the twisted and psychotic Jesus, excepting of course, that they are not as evil.

I argue that they could do a better job of following gentle Jesus, were they to amputate their testicles, eyeballs, hands - and somehow still manage to kill their children... As Jesus demands.

Remember. The bible does not say that adherents should not be gay. The bible demands that adherents murder gays.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 8:20:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/8/2012 8:04:53 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 10/8/2012 7:33:24 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Well, you see, gays deserve to be tortured forever

Nope. Not in the bible.

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Many would say that this means gays are sinners, thus will go to hell. Regardless, it is pretty clear that the Bible advocates killing gays, or at least the WBC position that being gay is a sin.
DeFool
Posts: 626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 8:27:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Two Cupcakes is exactly correct.

The "sin" of greasy gay sex is not in the commission of the act itself - the "sin" is the refusal to murder them.

Thus sayeth the book of Kings, I believe? The penalty for not murdering gays - according to the preborn Jesus? We must eat our own children.

So when our pastor sees the pretty young lesbians on his Internet machine, he commits the sin of not trying to murder them - even if he does not want to join their decadence.
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 8:34:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1) DeFool is a dumba**

2) Twocupcakes, your quoting text from a person who a couple of lines later says that if a man lies with a woman while she is having her period, they have committed an abomination, and must be exiled. Just because its in the Bible, it doesnt mean that Christians have to honor them or that the person saying that was out of his damn mind. Yes the Bible does advocate being against Gay Marriage but Christianity and the church does not condone killing them because most christians only follow the main points of the Bible and not every last f*cked up thing thats in there.

3) WSA, people dont like the WBC for preaching the Bible, they hate them because they take one part from the Bible that nobody really even cares for, and then they shove it down the throats of those who are grieving. Thats why people hate them, christian and non christian alike
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 8:43:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I wouldn't have that much of an issue with them preaching against Gay's, even though I disagreed with how people almost always go about it. Plenty of Christians advocate against Gay Marriage.

But their horrible line of reasoning is that we as a country don't jail/slaughter/shun gays, so therefore, anything to do with this country is satanic. -_- Yeah, I know.

And worse than that, they go to soldiers funerals, and thank God for them dying. They did the same thing at 9/11, which is just sick.

Honestly, I think their attention whores, but they clearly do not follow any of the Bible. Their cherry picking what they want and don't want, and pretending to be right.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DeFool
Posts: 626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 8:50:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It is not for nothing that I criticize these assertions so forcefully. Here is a god fearing man - who can potentially write laws that we must obey.

He argues that we should not only kill the gays, as Jesus so forcefully does. This politician says that we should also kill away our disobedient children. As Jesus says that we should.

http://www.alternet.org...
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 8:58:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
2) Twocupcakes, your quoting text from a person who a couple of lines later says that if a man lies with a woman while she is having her period, they have committed an abomination, and must be exiled. Just because its in the Bible, it doesnt mean that Christians have to honor them or that the person saying that was out of his damn mind. Yes the Bible does advocate being against Gay Marriage but Christianity and the church does not condone killing them because most christians only follow the main points of the Bible and not every last f*cked up thing thats in there.

Yet Christians still consider the Bible their holy book. They still print the Bible with these passages in it. In my opinion, if your book contains passages about killing gays and exiling people who have sex on their period, you cannot claim your book to be divine or use your book as an example of correct moral behavior.

Reason, human decency and empathy has now made it clear that these passages are immoral. I find it odd that people have complete faith to base their lives on the Bible when it was so wrong in these accounts. Like "I know the magic men who wrote the book were wrong about this stuff, but no worries, I have faith they were totally right about everything else".
DeFool
Posts: 626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 9:02:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/8/2012 8:58:16 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
2) Twocupcakes, your quoting text from a person who a couple of lines later says that if a man lies with a woman while she is having her period, they have committed an abomination, and must be exiled. Just because its in the Bible, it doesnt mean that Christians have to honor them or that the person saying that was out of his damn mind. Yes the Bible does advocate being against Gay Marriage but Christianity and the church does not condone killing them because most christians only follow the main points of the Bible and not every last f*cked up thing thats in there.


Yet Christians still consider the Bible their holy book. They still print the Bible with these passages in it. In my opinion, if your book contains passages about killing gays and exiling people who have sex on their period, you cannot claim your book to be divine or use your book as an example of correct moral behavior.

Reason, human decency and empathy has now made it clear that these passages are immoral. I find it odd that people have complete faith to base their lives on the Bible when it was so wrong in these accounts. Like "I know the magic men who wrote the book were wrong about this stuff, but no worries, I have faith they were totally right about everything else".

Once again, I am forced to agree with this.

I will add to the argument: If Christians are free to reject these commands, then it cannot be said that they follow this book unconditionally. Their allegiance to the gods seems to depend on this or that excuse.
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 9:13:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/8/2012 8:20:48 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/8/2012 8:04:53 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 10/8/2012 7:33:24 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Well, you see, gays deserve to be tortured forever

Nope. Not in the bible.

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

You pull passages from Leviticus, keep in mind that the New Testament says that it is not up to man to judge whether a person shall be put to death.


Many would say that this means gays are sinners, thus will go to hell. Regardless, it is pretty clear that the Bible advocates killing gays, or at least the WBC position that being gay is a sin.

Jesus never advocated killing gays...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 9:16:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
DeFools name is ironic.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 9:16:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/8/2012 8:58:16 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
2) Twocupcakes, your quoting text from a person who a couple of lines later says that if a man lies with a woman while she is having her period, they have committed an abomination, and must be exiled. Just because its in the Bible, it doesnt mean that Christians have to honor them or that the person saying that was out of his damn mind. Yes the Bible does advocate being against Gay Marriage but Christianity and the church does not condone killing them because most christians only follow the main points of the Bible and not every last f*cked up thing thats in there.


Yet Christians still consider the Bible their holy book.

Correct

They still print the Bible with these passages in it.

Correct.

In my opinion, if your book contains passages about killing gays and exiling people who have sex on their period, you cannot claim your book to be divine or use your book as an example of correct moral behavior.

Reason, human decency and empathy has now made it clear that these passages are immoral. I find it odd that people have complete faith to base their lives on the Bible when it was so wrong in these accounts. Like "I know the magic men who wrote the book were wrong about this stuff, but no worries, I have faith they were totally right about everything else".

You should also keep in mind that Jesus said, it is not up to man anymore to judge, but rather it is up to god. Long story short, man no longer has the divine authority to put anyone to death under Old Testament Law.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 9:17:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm fairly certain that Jesus explicitly said that his followers had to uphold the Old Testament laws.

I know that Paul didn't like this, but Paul's teachings don't trump Jesus' teachings, right?
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 9:17:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/8/2012 8:34:44 PM, imabench wrote:
1) DeFool is a dumba**

Just say dumbass. When you say, "dumba**," I think of Dumbo.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com...

3) WSA, people dont like the WBC for preaching the Bible, they hate them because they take one part from the Bible that nobody really even cares for, and then they shove it down the throats of those who are grieving. Thats why people hate them, christian and non christian alike

Yeah, I know. I just thought a provocative thread would be fun. My favorite part of the Westboro Baptist Church is watching people mock them. See my next post.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 9:18:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I love when they get trolled :)

I agree with most of you to a certain extent
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 9:18:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/8/2012 9:02:13 PM, DeFool wrote:
At 10/8/2012 8:58:16 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
2) Twocupcakes, your quoting text from a person who a couple of lines later says that if a man lies with a woman while she is having her period, they have committed an abomination, and must be exiled. Just because its in the Bible, it doesnt mean that Christians have to honor them or that the person saying that was out of his damn mind. Yes the Bible does advocate being against Gay Marriage but Christianity and the church does not condone killing them because most christians only follow the main points of the Bible and not every last f*cked up thing thats in there.


Yet Christians still consider the Bible their holy book. They still print the Bible with these passages in it. In my opinion, if your book contains passages about killing gays and exiling people who have sex on their period, you cannot claim your book to be divine or use your book as an example of correct moral behavior.

Reason, human decency and empathy has now made it clear that these passages are immoral. I find it odd that people have complete faith to base their lives on the Bible when it was so wrong in these accounts. Like "I know the magic men who wrote the book were wrong about this stuff, but no worries, I have faith they were totally right about everything else".

Once again, I am forced to agree with this.

I will add to the argument: If Christians are free to reject these commands, then it cannot be said that they follow this book unconditionally. Their allegiance to the gods seems to depend on this or that excuse.

Christians are following the command from god that they no longer have the authority to carry out the judgement set by the law.
Archistrategos
Posts: 602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 9:19:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/8/2012 8:58:16 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Yet Christians still consider the Bible their holy book. They still print the Bible with these passages in it. In my opinion, if your book contains passages about killing gays and exiling people who have sex on their period, you cannot claim your book to be divine or use your book as an example of correct moral behavior.

The bible is a collection of 66 books.
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 9:20:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/8/2012 9:17:31 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I'm fairly certain that Jesus explicitly said that his followers had to uphold the Old Testament laws.

Matthew 7:1-6

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother"s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, "Let me take the speck out of your eye," when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother"s eye.

6 "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."


I know that Paul didn't like this, but Paul's teachings don't trump Jesus' teachings, right?
DeFool
Posts: 626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 9:20:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/8/2012 9:13:17 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 10/8/2012 8:20:48 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/8/2012 8:04:53 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 10/8/2012 7:33:24 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Well, you see, gays deserve to be tortured forever

Nope. Not in the bible.

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

You pull passages from Leviticus, keep in mind that the New Testament says that it is not up to man to judge whether a person shall be put to death.


Many would say that this means gays are sinners, thus will go to hell. Regardless, it is pretty clear that the Bible advocates killing gays, or at least the WBC position that being gay is a sin.

Jesus never advocated killing gays...

Yes, the preborn Jesus does indeed demand that we kill them. In fact, if we refuse, the fetal Jesus demands that we eat our own children as punishment.

Demandeth the embryonic Jesus:

Lev 26:29 "And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat"..... for refusing to follow the smallest of the laws. The laws that demand that we kill gays.
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 9:21:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/8/2012 9:20:19 PM, DeFool wrote:
At 10/8/2012 9:13:17 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 10/8/2012 8:20:48 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/8/2012 8:04:53 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 10/8/2012 7:33:24 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Well, you see, gays deserve to be tortured forever

Nope. Not in the bible.

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

You pull passages from Leviticus, keep in mind that the New Testament says that it is not up to man to judge whether a person shall be put to death.


Many would say that this means gays are sinners, thus will go to hell. Regardless, it is pretty clear that the Bible advocates killing gays, or at least the WBC position that being gay is a sin.

Jesus never advocated killing gays...

Yes, the preborn Jesus does indeed demand that we kill them. In fact, if we refuse, the fetal Jesus demands that we eat our own children as punishment.

Demandeth the embryonic Jesus:

Lev 26:29 "And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat"..... for refusing to follow the smallest of the laws. The laws that demand that we kill gays.

We no longer have the authority to carry out the sentences required by Old Testament Law. I also love when people pull verses out of context. :)
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 9:22:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/8/2012 9:20:00 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 10/8/2012 9:17:31 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I'm fairly certain that Jesus explicitly said that his followers had to uphold the Old Testament laws.

Matthew 7:1-6

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother"s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, "Let me take the speck out of your eye," when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother"s eye.

6 "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."

Matthew 5-17
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I
have come not to abolish but to fulfill. 18 For truly I tell you, until
heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter,
will pass from the law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore, whoever
breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to
do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but
whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the
kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds
that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of
heaven.


I know that Paul didn't like this, but Paul's teachings don't trump Jesus' teachings, right?