Posted: 4 years ago
Wherever you are in the moment,

Whoever is next to you in the moment,

Is a precious person whom God Loves.

In Peace to all,

George Calleja - Malta
My website 'Peace and unity in our lives' with the address as

https://sites.google.com...

has the aim to provide inspiration and encouragement for life, and hope for people including youths and children around the globe to find courage in their life, by trusting God to be more present in their life.

Follow me on TWITTER https://twitter.com...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 3:38:30 PM
God loves the preciousness of his people.

That's why he has us kill so many.

Then they're even more precious.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 3:47:54 PM
At 10/9/2012 3:38:30 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Why is it bad that people die?

Good point ^
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 3:48:43 PM
My dog is beside me
God doesn't view dogs on the same level as humans
I killed my dog for him
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 3:49:57 PM
At 10/9/2012 3:48:43 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
My dog is beside me
God doesn't view dogs on the same level as humans
I killed my dog for him

time to sleep now fido, time to sleep.
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 4:14:25 PM
At 10/9/2012 3:47:54 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

Would you want to die?

Good point ^
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 5:01:33 PM
At 10/9/2012 4:14:25 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

Would you want to die?

Good point ^

Yes, I look forward to that day.

But, what does 'wanting' have to do with whether it's good or not?
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 5:23:40 PM
At 10/9/2012 5:01:33 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

Would you want to die?

Good point ^

Kill yourself then, what are you waiting for?

THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 5:28:42 PM
At 10/9/2012 5:23:40 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

Would you want to die?

Good point ^

Are you encouraging suicide?
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 5:31:57 PM
At 10/9/2012 5:28:42 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

Would you want to die?

Good point ^

Are you encouraging suicide?

Well, if he's looking forward to death, why delay it?
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 5:45:34 PM

Would you want to die?

Good point ^

I figured you'd say that, how predictable.

Because my life isn't my own, and isn't mine to take; I'll die when I die, and I look forward to it.

In my family, we celebrate at funerals. Not because we're happy we've lost a loved one, but because they are now in glory with the Father.

away from pain, saddness, flaws, confusion, and weakness.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 6:07:49 PM
When I started the thread that atheists took such offense to, trying to find out motivations for doing what they do on the religion forum, this is an example of why I asked that question.

I can understand arguing in the threads that actually call for debate or argument, but why raid a thread like this?? A man says a kind word about his fellow man and you guys just can't leave it alone.
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 6:09:42 PM
At 10/9/2012 6:07:49 PM, medic0506 wrote:
When I started the thread that atheists took such offense to, trying to find out motivations for doing what they do on the religion forum, this is an example of why I asked that question.

I can understand arguing in the threads that actually call for debate or argument, but why raid a thread like this?? A man says a kind word about his fellow man and you guys just can't leave it alone.

It's the word "God" that was tripping them up.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 6:11:05 PM

Because it is complete bullshite. He must have found Bullshite Mountain.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 6:12:39 PM
At 10/9/2012 6:11:05 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

It's not that bad. He was basically just saying that everyone is precious....I don't see what's wrong with that...
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 6:31:36 PM
At 10/9/2012 5:45:34 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

Would you want to die?

Good point ^

Well, saying you look forward to death is something someone who was suicidal would say (sorry for the unintentional tongue twister lol).

Because my life isn't my own, and isn't mine to take; I'll die when I die, and I look forward to it.

Saying "your" life is not "yours" is a self-contradictory statement.

In my family, we celebrate at funerals. Not because we're happy we've lost a loved one, but because they are now in glory with the Father.

Well, that belief makes you feel better about that person's death, I don't doubt that. However, it takes away the value of the life we know for sure we have. I'm just looking at this logically. If you are looking forward to death, and you believe it will take you to a better place than you are now, then don't look when you cross the street. In your case, it's the only logical thing to do, right?

away from pain, saddness, flaws, confusion, and weakness.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 6:55:14 PM
At 10/9/2012 6:31:36 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

Well, saying you look forward to death is something someone who was suicidal would say (sorry for the unintentional tongue twister lol).

And saying "i love kids" is something you can imagine a pedophile saying, but you wouldn't make the assertion that a person is pedophile based on that statement would you?

semantics.

When i was young i had a room, but the room wasn't mine, it was my parents.

I financed a car, but I never refer to the car as the banks car, I referred to it as mine.

It's the same with 'my' life.. so to clarify, this life, isn't mine.

Well, that belief makes you feel better about that person's death, I don't doubt that.

Similar to why you don't believe in the Christian God; it makes you feel better about your life. Pointless statement.

However, it takes away the value of the life we know for sure we have. I'm just looking at this logically. If you are looking forward to death, and you believe it will take you to a better place than you are now, then don't look when you cross the street. In your case, it's the only logical thing to do, right?

How does it take away from anything? and how is it the only logical thing to do?

You're gonna need to connect the dots buddy, because so far we just have your 'assertion'.

Of course I look when i cross the street dude, getting hit by a car doesn't gaurantee death; i could just get f*cked up really bad..
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 7:06:58 PM
At 10/9/2012 6:12:39 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 10/9/2012 6:11:05 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

It's not that bad. He was basically just saying that everyone is precious....I don't see what's wrong with that...

To claim that God thinks that is insane.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 7:16:37 PM
At 10/9/2012 6:55:14 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 10/9/2012 6:31:36 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

And saying "i love kids" is something you can imagine a pedophile saying, but you wouldn't make the assertion that a person is pedophile based on that statement would you?

False analogy. If you want to die, and you believe death will take you to a better place than you are now, then I see no good reason why one would not want to commit suicide. Your "I love kids" example is based on a context issue, which is not similar to the discussion at hand

semantics.

When i was young i had a room, but the room wasn't mine, it was my parents.

I financed a car, but I never refer to the car as the banks car, I referred to it as mine.

It's the same with 'my' life.. so to clarify, this life, isn't mine.

It is yours though. Just because you believe it is someone else's as well (God's), doesn't change this fact.

Well, that belief makes you feel better about that person's death, I don't doubt that.

Similar to why you don't believe in the Christian God; it makes you feel better about your life. Pointless statement.

False. I don't not believe in God because it makes me feel better lol How does believing life is all over when you die make one feel better? It would obviously feel better to be a Christian, and believe one gets eternal life. So there is no basis for claiming that no believing in the Christian God makes me feel better. There are studies done showing that Christians are happier. So, you make no sense.

However, it takes away the value of the life we know for sure we have. I'm just looking at this logically. If you are looking forward to death, and you believe it will take you to a better place than you are now, then don't look when you cross the street. In your case, it's the only logical thing to do, right?

How does it take away from anything? and how is it the only logical thing to do?

Because you believe death takes you to a better place in your case. Why wouldn't you want to be in a better place sooner?

You're gonna need to connect the dots buddy, because so far we just have your 'assertion'.

I connected them. You believe death leads to heaven, and heaven is better than Earth...So what reason do you have for staying here? It makes no sense for you to want to be alive if you believe death leads to a better place. Do you like being in worse places longer than you have to?

Of course I look when i cross the street dude, getting hit by a car doesn't gaurantee death; i could just get f*cked up really bad..

Lol Fair enough, but you get the point.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 8:45:53 PM
At 10/9/2012 7:16:37 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 10/9/2012 6:55:14 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
False analogy. If you want to die, and you believe death will take you to a better place than you are now, then I see no good reason why one would not want to commit suicide. Your "I love kids" example is based on a context issue, which is not similar to the discussion at hand

Lol, its not, I want to die + I think death will bring a better place. It's death will bring forth a better life therefore, I want to die. But of course, holding this at face value, I would draw the same conclusion that you are drawing.

But, if we use a little common sense, and given the nature of our past conversations, there is more to what i believe then when i die i'm gonna get a dope after-life..

It is yours though. Just because you believe it is someone else's as well (God's), doesn't change this fact.

Lol, it isn't mine. Just because you believe that is doesn't change this fact.

False. I don't not believe in God because it makes me feel better lol How does believing life is all over when you die make one feel better? It would obviously feel better to be a Christian, and believe one gets eternal life. So there is no basis for claiming that no believing in the Christian God makes me feel better. There are studies done showing that Christians are happier. So, you make no sense.

Once again, you are taking a very narrow view on what I say; You're a sharp cat, please don't play dumb.

You know the way the Christian God views sin, and you've verbally stated your disapproval with his standards and morals. If you were to acknowledge the Christian faith as true, then you would have to go against your intuitive beliefs in order to recieve this gift. You would have to change, and this would suck for you.. Since you wouldn't do this, you know that hell would await you in the after life.

Why would you want to believe this, and change the life you love and value so much?

Because you believe death takes you to a better place in your case. Why wouldn't you want to be in a better place sooner?

So, because I know something better waits for me, I don't value time with my family as much? Since I know something better waits for me, I don't value this life, and 'm happier?

I connected them. You believe death leads to heaven, and heaven is better than Earth...So what reason do you have for staying here? It makes no sense for you to want to be alive if you believe death leads to a better place. Do you like being in worse places longer than you have to?

Only dot you've connected, was that it would be desire to kill myself, not that i don't value this life.

It makes sense if this is my purpose..
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 8:49:30 PM
At 10/9/2012 3:36:21 PM, peacethroughunity wrote:

In Peace to all,

George Calleja - Malta

...unless they do not worship him, in which case they will be tortured forever
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 8:51:19 PM
At 10/9/2012 8:49:30 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/9/2012 3:36:21 PM, peacethroughunity wrote:

In Peace to all,

George Calleja - Malta

...unless they do not worship him, in which case they will be tortured forever

Lol, no one wants to worship him...