Jump to topic:

Roman Catholic's Mary!!!!!

Double_Helix46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 3:53:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
This could be unpleasent but the truth is out there and it must be told.

RCC.....
965-970
974-975

After the Ascension of her Son, the Virgin Mary aided the beginnings of the Church with her prayers. Even after her Assumption into heaven, she continues to intercede for her children, to be a model of faith and charity for all, and to exercise over them a salutary influence deriving from the superabundant merits of Christ. The faithful see in Mary an image and an anticipation of the resurrection that awaits them and they invoke her as advocate, helper, benefactress and mediatrix. http://www.vatican.va...

SCRIPTURES.....

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ to all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. 12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

RCC.....

"Finally the Immaculate Virgin, preserved free from all stain of original sin, when the course of her earthly life was finished, was taken up body and soul into heavenly glory, and exalted by the Lord as Queen over all things, so that she might be the more fully conformed to her Son, the Lord of lords and conqueror of sin and death."508 The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin is a singular participation in her Son's Resurrection and an anticipation of the resurrection of other Christians:
In giving birth you kept your virginity; in your Dormition you did not leave the world, O Mother of God, but were joined to the source of Life. You conceived the living God and, by your prayers, will deliver our souls from death.509
. . . she is our Mother in the order of grace
http://www.vatican.va...

SCRIPTURES.......

Luke 11:27 And it came to pass, as he spoke these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said to him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. 28 But he said, Yes rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Matthew 12:47 Then one said to him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. 48 But he answered and said to him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? 49 And he stretched forth his hand towards his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! 50 For whoever shall do the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

RCC....

969 "This motherhood of Mary in the order of grace continues uninterruptedly from the consent which she loyally gave at the Annunciation and which she sustained without wavering beneath the cross, until the eternal fulfillment of all the elect. Taken up to heaven she did not lay aside this saving office but by her manifold intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation . . . . Therefore the Blessed Virgin is invoked in the Church under the titles of Advocate, Helper, Benefactress, and Mediatrix."512

SCRIPTURES.....

John 14:5 Thomas saith to him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? 6 Jesus saith to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

RCC.....

"Finally the Immaculate Virgin, preserved free from all stain of original sin, when the course of her earthly life was finished, was taken up body and soul into heavenly glory, and exalted by the Lord as Queen over all things." #966 http://www.vatican.va...

Mary pronounced Queen over heaven and all things! http://en.wikipedia.org...

SCRIPTURES......

(Jer 7:18 ) The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.

(Jer 44:18 ) But since we left off to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, we have wanted all things, and have been consumed by the sword and by the famine.

(Jer 44:25) Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely perform our vows that we have vowed, to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her: ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows.

OTHER QUEENS OF HEAVEN.....
http://en.wikipedia.org...(antiquity)

Isis- was venerated first in Egypt. Isis was the only goddess worshiped by all Egyptians alike. It is after the conquest of Egypt by Alexander the Great, and the Hellenization of the Egyptian culture initiated by Ptolemy I Soter, that she eventually became known as 'Queen of Heaven'

Inanna- Queen of Heaven is a title used for goddesses central to many religions of antiquity. Inanna's name is commonly derived from Nin-anna "Queen of Heaven"

Ashtarte- The goddess, the Queen of Heaven, whose worship Jeremiah so vehemently opposed, may have been possibly Astarte. Astarte is the name of a goddess as known from Northwestern Semitic regions, cognate in name, origin and functions with the goddess Ishtar in Mesopotamian texts.

Guan Yin- http://en.wikipedia.org...
Mother Nature- http://en.wikipedia.org...
Nuit (Thelema)- http://en.wikipedia.org... Nut (Egyptian sky goddess)
Sacred prostitution- http://en.wikipedia.org...

CONCLUSION......

The conclusion we can draw is that though Mary mother of Jesus Christ was a Holy woman and in fact the mother of Jesus Christ, she has took a different role for the Pagan world. The RCC has exzalted her has Queen of heaven, made her a figure to be prayed to and even made her a way for forgiveness of sins. This not Biblical and in fact is a abomination unto the Lord. Mary did not do this but men have. These men who have exzalted her to these status's are simply being lead astray but the same acient goddess. She has been called many names that are mentioned above. All these goddess are in fact the same woman. In the Bible she has a far different role:

Revelation 17:3, and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Mary mother of God is in fact a holy woman indeed. But the figure being praised inside the RCC is not Mary mother of God but a acient goddess who has took the guise of Mary. This goes along with also the saints in which I will go deeper in another thread. The saints have been transferred from holy men unto acient God's.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 11:16:02 AM
Double_Helix46 so says you...
Scriptures say different...

Mary is Queen of Heaven.. From the scriptures: She has a crown on her head..!!!
Mary has a Genealogy.. She has a FAMILY TREE! Mary has a traceable Ancestry!!!

Luke 1...
Mary tells you...
"From NOW ON all generations will call me blessed"!

For two thousand years >>CATHOLICS<< have honored Mary!!
Calling Mary Blessed is an HONOR!!!
We Honor Mary we have always HONORED OUR MOTHER!!!

NOT YOU!!
Double_Helix46 You do not have a traceable ancestry back two thousand years to Mary! WE KNOW... Mary' GENERATIONS.. go back to the "FROM NOW ON" spoken by Mary two thousand years ago!!

Mary' FAMILY does NOT include you.. You are OUTSIDE of Mary' family history!

Mary is NOT your mother, you are NOT in Mary' Ancestry!
Mary is NOT your mother so Jesus is NOT Jesus cannot be your brother!
Jesus is NOT your brother so God cannot be your Father!
Mary is NOT your mother you are NOT in her Family tree you can't trace your roots back two thousand years to the "From Now On" PROPHESY!

Double_Helix46 Catholic's HONOR Mary because Mary is our MOTHER!
Mary IS queen Of Heaven & Earth!!
Mary is MOTHER of the KING, all Mothers of the KING are honored as Queen Mother!

All mother's of the KING are honored because to Honor the Kings Mother is an honor to the King!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 12:19:20 PM
At 10/10/2012 11:16:02 AM, Dogknox wrote:
Double_Helix46 so says you...
Scriptures say different...

Mary is Queen of Heaven..

No, she isn't. There is no "Queen of Heaven"

From the scriptures: She has a crown on her head..!!!

The scriptures do not say that.

Mary has a Genealogy.. She has a FAMILY TREE! Mary has a traceable Ancestry!!!

No moreso than anyone else.

Luke 1...
Mary tells you...
"From NOW ON all generations will call me blessed"!

And thus we do.

For two thousand years >>CATHOLICS<< have honored Mary!!

No, cuz there haven't been Roman Catholics for 2,000 years

Calling Mary Blessed is an HONOR!!!
We Honor Mary we have always HONORED OUR MOTHER!!!

Mary is not your mother.

NOT YOU!!
Double_Helix46 You do not have a traceable ancestry back two thousand years to Mary!

Nor do you.

WE KNOW... Mary' GENERATIONS.. go back to the "FROM NOW ON" spoken by Mary two thousand years ago!!

Mary' FAMILY does NOT include you.. You are OUTSIDE of Mary' family history!

So are you.

Mary is NOT your mother, you are NOT in Mary' Ancestry!

Nor are you.

Mary is NOT your mother so Jesus is NOT Jesus cannot be your brother!

Mary is not your mother, either.

Jesus is NOT your brother so God cannot be your Father!
Mary is NOT your mother you are NOT in her Family tree you can't trace your roots back two thousand years to the "From Now On" PROPHESY!

Nor can you.

Double_Helix46 Catholic's HONOR Mary because Mary is our MOTHER!

No, she isn't.

Mary IS queen Of Heaven & Earth!!

No, she isn't.

Mary is MOTHER of the KING, all Mothers of the KING are honored as Queen Mother!

No, they aren't.

All mother's of the KING are honored because to Honor the Kings Mother is an honor to the King!

Makes no sense.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 12:24:37 PM
At 10/10/2012 12:19:20 PM, annanicole wrote:

On Topic: Roman Catholicism is not the only kind of Catholicism.

Off Topic: You abandoned me back in "General Christianity Questions" by stubs :'(
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Double_Helix46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 1:40:03 PM
At 10/10/2012 12:24:37 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/10/2012 12:19:20 PM, annanicole wrote:

On Topic: Roman Catholicism is not the only kind of Catholicism.:
Very true. Many Catholics do not have to be lead in that kind of path.

Off Topic: You abandoned me back in "General Christianity Questions" by stubs :'(
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 1:40:31 PM
At 10/10/2012 3:53:07 AM, Double_Helix46 wrote:

Mary mother of God is in fact a holy woman indeed. But the figure being praised inside the RCC is not Mary mother of God but a acient goddess who has took the guise of Mary. This goes along with also the saints in which I will go deeper:

That is the most excellent conspiracy theory. Do you believe it to be intentional or they got the wool pulled over their eyes?

I do have a question. Don't you think since Jesus = God and God came out of Mary's uterus via her vagina that it might be OK to pray to her, ask her for help, etc.... you know.... just since her and God are on rather personal terms.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 1:44:59 PM
At 10/10/2012 1:40:03 PM, Double_Helix46 wrote:
Very true. Many Catholics do not have to be lead in that kind of path.

Roman Catholicism is like, 2/3 to 4/5 of all Catholicism.

It's not all Catholicism, but it's an overwhelming majority of it.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Double_Helix46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 1:49:57 PM
At 10/10/2012 1:40:31 PM, slo1 wrote:

Mary mother of God is in fact a holy woman indeed. But the figure being praised inside the RCC is not Mary mother of God but a acient goddess who has took the guise of Mary. This goes along with also the saints in which I will go deeper:

That is the most excellent conspiracy theory. Do you believe it to be intentional or they got the wool pulled over their eyes?

I do have a question. Don't you think since Jesus = God and God came out of Mary's uterus via her vagina that it might be OK to pray to her, ask her for help, etc.... you know.... just since her and God are on rather personal terms.

The scriptures do not say to pray to Mary. The wool has been diffently pulled over their eyes. They can always pick up the Bible and just read it.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 1:52:12 PM
At 10/10/2012 1:49:57 PM, Double_Helix46 wrote:
The scriptures do not say to pray to Mary. The wool has been diffently pulled over their eyes. They can always pick up the Bible and just read it.

You can always pick up the CCC and just read it.

You won't though, will you? Not unless you're trying to find something to attack Catholicism with.
Double_Helix46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 1:56:29 PM
At 10/10/2012 1:52:12 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

You can always pick up the CCC and just read it.

You won't though, will you? Not unless you're trying to find something to attack Catholicism with.:
Ohh, I have read all the CCC. Why should if follow the CCC when there are so many errors in it? I showed just a brief portion here. I will be making more threads later that shows more. Your repsonse say's, why do not you just listen to us instead of the Bible, why don't you just look over the non-Biblical doctrine we teach and allow us to continue to teach falsely.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 2:36:59 PM
At 10/10/2012 1:56:29 PM, Double_Helix46 wrote:
Ohh, I have read all the CCC. Why should if follow the CCC when there are so many errors in it?

Of course you're going to see errors in it. You're predisposed against it.

I showed just a brief portion here. I will be making more threads later that shows more. Your repsonse say's, why do not you just listen to us instead of the Bible, why don't you just look over the non-Biblical doctrine we teach and allow us to continue to teach falsely.

????
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 2:45:14 PM
At 10/10/2012 1:52:12 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

Also, I have picked up the Bible and just read it.
Double_Helix46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 11:21:04 PM
At 10/10/2012 2:36:59 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/10/2012 1:56:29 PM, Double_Helix46 wrote:
Ohh, I have read all the CCC. Why should if follow the CCC when there are so many errors in it?

Of course you're going to see errors in it. You're predisposed against it.:
Of course I am, it has far to much unBiblical teaching in it.
GODisreal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 11:42:52 PM
Hold Up. Now the first thing I see is CCC or RCC or something, and then I see the Bible, and then I see the other book, and then I see the Bible. I see the Bible showing the complete opposite of the CCC. Then I see dogknox say: "this says you," but what I see is pure Bible, pure ccc, and some more truth at the end. Double Helix is not the author of the Bible, so I would have said, "This says the Lord" Then I see dognox claiming that He can trace Mary's complete geneology. Then, I see Always more than you suggesting that we should read the ccc, as if it had any authority over the Bible. I want to know before this gets crazier, Do any of you believe that there is a book that can out rank the Bible?
Double_Helix46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 12:43:39 AM
Honestly I think I posted the wrong scriptures. If you noticed: The first set of scriptures should be with the second CCC and the First CCC with the second set of scriptures but they did not notice.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 3:12:59 AM
Honestly, we can not even begin to discuss Mary until we discuss Sola Scriptura. It's like discussing fish turning into humans before discussing DNA and mutations.

It will just lead no where fast. But hey, I love my rocking chair.

What really disturbs me is the fact that society is dying around us but all we want to do is prove each other wrong.

Now, has anyone read revelations lately? Do you know that chapters, verses and even commas were not in the original writings?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 4:18:56 AM
Facts remain that as catholics ' claim ' their jebus was literally pre-existent, then it NEVER had a literal Mother & their entire Mary ideology like the rest of their ideology = crap!!
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:17:31 AM

I was not aware that the bible is a complete definition of what one should do. Let's see what else it never indicated one should do.

1. It never says to take the book of Revelations and Daniel and predict how the second coming is going to happen.
2. Never says one is obligated to reproduce.
3. It never said to take any type of action against gays other than killing them. That would include supporting legislation anti-civil union (which is not marriage)
4. It never said to go to war for the purpose of national security.
5. It never said capitalism is the preferred economic system nor that tax cuts are good for humanity.
6. It never said that we can't make human clones of ourselves and use our clone for labor.
6. It never said.................

There are more things the bible never said than there are that it said, thus why every sect is continually trying to defend their interpretations. Reverence for Mary is simply an interpretation and it is not right to go after it as a "never said" argument because you better believe you have beliefs related to your faith that was never said in the bible too.
Double_Helix46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:21:55 AM
At 10/11/2012 8:17:31 AM, slo1 wrote:

I was not aware that the bible is a complete definition of what one should do. Let's see what else it never indicated one should do.

1. It never says to take the book of Revelations and Daniel and predict how the second coming is going to happen.
3. It never said to take any type of action against gays other than killing them. That would include supporting legislation anti-civil union (which is not marriage)
5. It never said capitalism is the preferred economic system nor that tax cuts are good for humanity.
6. It never said that we can't make human clones of ourselves and use our clone for labor.

There are more things the bible never said than there are that it said, thus why every sect is continually trying to defend their interpretations. Reverence for Mary is simply an interpretation and it is not right to go after it as a "never said" argument because you better believe you have beliefs related to your faith that was never said in the bible too.:

Umm..No, Mary is worshipped ad prayed too. Look that up and see what the Bible say's abou it. It has countless points made to not do it.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:26:26 AM
At 10/11/2012 4:18:56 AM, Composer wrote:
Facts remain that as catholics ' claim ' their jebus was literally pre-existent, then it NEVER had a literal Mother & their entire Mary ideology like the rest of their ideology = crap!!

Isn't that a tenet of all Christian faiths, that Jesus is God and was begotten by God and manifested his self via Mary's mom parts? Or are you saying that Jesus just poofed into existence on this earth?
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 9:01:17 AM
At 10/11/2012 8:21:55 AM, Double_Helix46 wrote:

There are more things the bible never said than there are that it said, thus why every sect is continually trying to defend their interpretations. Reverence for Mary is simply an interpretation and it is not right to go after it as a "never said" argument because you better believe you have beliefs related to your faith that was never said in the bible too.:

Umm..No, Mary is worshipped ad prayed too. Look that up and see what the Bible say's abou it. It has countless points made to not do it.

I do not worship Mary and no Catholic I know does. I will be excommunicated from the Church if I did.

That my friend is a flat out lie. False witness. Like what Judas did. What does the Bible say about that?
Double_Helix46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 9:50:01 AM
At 10/11/2012 9:01:17 AM, jharry wrote:

I do not worship Mary and no Catholic I know does. I will be excommunicated from the Church if I did.

That my friend is a flat out lie. False witness. Like what Judas did. What does the Bible say about that?:
You do not pray to mary? Wear her rosary beads? Ask her to intercede for you? Is she your mediator? Is she your mother and queen? Do you pray to anyone but Jesus Christ?

If they are yes, then it is no lie. It still isn't when the Catholics themselves exzalt her to praise in the CCC. The one worth praise is Jesus Christ himself.
Double_Helix46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 9:59:48 AM
At 10/11/2012 8:26:26 AM, slo1 wrote:
At 10/11/2012 4:18:56 AM, Composer wrote:

Isn't that a tenet of all Christian faiths, that Jesus is God and was begotten by God and manifested his self via Mary's mom parts? Or are you saying that Jesus just poofed into existence on this earth?:
Indeed Mary birthed Jesus Christ. Though where does that make Mary for so much praise and worth of praying to? Jesus himself denied those that praised her in the Bible and said listen to the Word of God.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 10:06:01 AM
At 10/11/2012 9:50:01 AM, Double_Helix46 wrote:
At 10/11/2012 9:01:17 AM, jharry wrote:

That my friend is a flat out lie. False witness. Like what Judas did. What does the Bible say about that?:
You do not pray to mary?

I ask for her to pray for me.

Wear her rosary beads?

I do not wear the rosary.

Ask her to intercede for you?

Yes

Is she your mediator?

To who?

Is she your mother and queen?

Yes.

you pray to anyone but Jesus Christ?

No.

If they are yes, then it is no lie. It still isn't when the Catholics themselves exzalt her to praise in the CCC. The one worth praise is Jesus Christ himself.

I did not say yes to all. And even if I did this would not mean I worship her. And you are still a liar.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 12:51:03 PM
At 10/11/2012 8:21:55 AM, Double_Helix46 wrote:

People talk to their loved ones that passed away all the time and ask for help, assistance, or as a sounding board. Is that all it means to worship something other than God?

I know many Catholics that believe Mary is continuously working miracles on this earth and blessing people, but that does not mean they worship her.

Once again you are just interpreting everything to suite your belief system. The bible may say that there is only one mediator between God and man, Jesus, but it never said you can't honor others and ask for their help with they are not standing right in front of you.

Just out of curiosity do you apply the same standard to ministers who heal others as frauds and the devil, since healing by the strictest standard does not need any mediator?

How about this, a person who is struggling in life and they go to a minister to seek advise? Are they defiling themselves by not going directly to God for advice?
Double_Helix46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 2:05:13 PM
At 10/11/2012 10:06:01 AM, jharry wrote:
You do not pray to mary?

I ask for her to pray for me. :
How do you ask her?

Ask her to intercede for you?

Yes:
How do you ask her?

Is she your mediator?

To who?:
To god.

Is she your mother and queen?

Yes. :
You can go back the OP and read about that.

you pray to anyone but Jesus Christ?

No.:
How do you talk to Mary?

I did not say yes to all. And even if I did this would not mean I worship her. And you are still a liar.:
If that makes you feel better, it is ok. How again do you talk to Mary? We will see who is a liar.
Double_Helix46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 2:11:11 PM
At 10/11/2012 12:51:03 PM, slo1 wrote:

People talk to their loved ones that passed away all the time and ask for help, assistance, or as a sounding board. Is that all it means to worship something other than God?:
Why would they do that when there is God t do that too? Think about it.

I know many Catholics that believe Mary is continuously working miracles on this earth and blessing people, but that does not mean they worship her.:
There is Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost and what purpose does Mary have again? There are angels of God who are not human beings and what does Mary do again?
You people have a strange way of expressing worshipping. If you are praying nd asking dead people or spirits for things other than God then that is some kind of worship.

Once again you are just interpreting everything to suite your belief system. The bible may say that there is only one mediator between God and man, Jesus, but it never said you can't honor others and ask for their help with they are not standing right in front of you.:
LOL, That is a mediator.

Just out of curiosity do you apply the same standard to ministers who heal others as frauds and the devil, since healing by the strictest standard does not need any mediator?:
Healiing and prayer is worked through the Holy Ghost not a dead person.

How about this, a person who is struggling in life and they go to a minister to seek advise? Are they defiling themselves by not going directly to God for advice?:
Advise to a living person is the same how, we are here to be the light in the world. But yes you should pray to God first.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 3:33:35 PM
At 10/11/2012 2:11:11 PM, Double_Helix46 wrote:

People talk to their loved ones that passed away all the time and ask for help, assistance, or as a sounding board. Is that all it means to worship something other than God?:

I know many Catholics that believe Mary is continuously working miracles on this earth and blessing people, but that does not mean they worship her.:
There is Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost and what purpose does Mary have again? There are angels of God who are not human beings and what does Mary do again?
You people have a strange way of expressing worshipping. If you are praying nd asking dead people or spirits for things other than God then that is some kind of worship.

Once again you are just interpreting everything to suite your belief system. The bible may say that there is only one mediator between God and man, Jesus, but it never said you can't honor others and ask for their help with they are not standing right in front of you.:
LOL, That is a mediator.

Just out of curiosity do you apply the same standard to ministers who heal others as frauds and the devil, since healing by the strictest standard does not need any mediator?:

How about this, a person who is struggling in life and they go to a minister to seek advise? Are they defiling themselves by not going directly to God for advice?:
Advise to a living person is the same how, we are here to be the light in the world. But yes you should pray to God first.

OK, so if I understand correctly a soul that has its earthly vessel can act as a mediator between God and I (faith healer), but talking to a soul that has no earthly vessel can not act as mediator?

Seems like you apply the rules to one but not the other for no good reason, at least no reason described in the bible.
Double_Helix46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 3:37:57 PM
At 10/11/2012 3:33:35 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 10/11/2012 2:11:11 PM, Double_Helix46 wrote:

LOL, That is a mediator.

OK, so if I understand correctly a soul that has its earthly vessel can act as a mediator between God and I (faith healer), but talking to a soul that has no earthly vessel can not act as mediator?

Seems like you apply the rules to one but not the other for no good reason, at least no reason described in the bible.:
I did not say anything about a faith healer. You did. I said for advice. A man of God will tell you to consort God in the matter in prayer(I hope he does). I also said consort God first anyway. There is no mention in the Bible of dead people coming to people for the sake of God nor does it mention that needs the works of the dead. It actually prohibits those to communion with the dead. Either you cut it you are not suppose to communion with with dead but the heavenly father.