Jump to topic:

Do ladybugs believe in god?

ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2012 4:36:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The reason I ask is this: The other day I was moving a ladybug around the garden the other day, to take pictures of it for my photography class, and the thought occurred to me, How does the Ladybug make sense of all this? Does it see me as some kind of god-like creature?
Or is the boring answer the most applicable? Does the ladybug simply not care or notice, because it's brain is not intelligent enough to do so?
These are not the droids you're looking for.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2012 4:43:03 AM
At 10/15/2012 4:36:35 AM, ObiWan wrote:
Or is the boring answer the most applicable? Does the ladybug simply not care or notice, because it's brain is not intelligent enough to do so?

I would go with the boring answer, because I'm a boring person.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Double_Helix46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2012 5:08:02 AM
At 10/15/2012 4:36:35 AM, ObiWan wrote:
See's you as some kind of god-like creature!
God rules over us and He said in Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2012 8:38:17 AM
Reminds me of an old Ziggy cartoon, two ants are talking in the foreground and in the background Ziggy is watering them and the lawn with a garden hose, the ant is saying to the other ant, "Oh yeah, well if God doesn't exist, then who makes it rain? "
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2012 8:41:53 AM
I doubt they have any concept of a god-like creature. Most likely they just see us as they would a huge spider or lizard. Just something in their environment that represents a threat to them.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2012 9:07:20 AM
If they had the capacity to they probably would.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2012 9:42:34 AM
Ladybugs concern themselves, throughout their existences, with the most basic essentials. Survival and reproduction. I don't think they are capable of going beyond that. But I'm no expert on insects or ladybugs.