Jump to topic:

Ecumenical Q&A's.

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 4:51:41 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
There are some things we have all wondered about religion but have been afraid to ask the vicar, priest, rabbi, mullah, etc.

Perhaps members could post their questions here in the hope that a fellow member might be able to reply with an answer?

My own first question regards the sanctity of the Bible:

Say a Christian was stranded in the wilderness and it was getting dark. He managed to catch a fish and collect some firewood and had some matches but couldn't find any dry kindling to get a fire going. However, he did have a Bible with him. So would it be a sin to use the pages from that to get the fire started?

And a supplementary question:

If it wasn't a sin and he cooked and ate the fish but it disagreed with his stomach and he got ‘the runs', would he be allowed to use the pages from the Bible as a substitute for toilet paper if there was nothing else available?

And my second question concerns Hindus who are vegan and are not allowed to consume any animal products.

Say a man picked a Hindu girl up in the pub and took her home but she said she didn't do it on the first night but offered to give him a, er...you know, instead, and he went off in her mouth - would her religion allow her to swallow it? I mean, humans are a species of animal, so in the Hindu faith, would his ‘Harry Monk' be considered an animal product?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 8:13:58 AM
Oh Brian... you are awful!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 9:04:08 AM
I believe that it would be okay to burn the Bible or wipe your @ss with it, so long as it was Leviticus (or Kings). Also, I don't think semen lies outside of vegan parameters. If anything, eating the girl (...) might be more of a violation than her offense.
President of DDO
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 9:35:15 AM
At 9/30/2009 4:51:41 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
There are some things we have all wondered about religion but have been afraid to ask the vicar, priest, rabbi, mullah, etc.

Ha! No. Why would you be afraid to ask anything about religion to your religious advisor? That makes NO sense.

Now of course: We will all burn in hell just for thinking that one could ask questions about religion at all. We must OBEY!
So prove me wrong, then.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 6:09:07 AM
Who would win in a lightsaber duel, Moses or Elijah?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 3:18:42 PM
At 9/30/2009 9:04:08 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I believe that it would be okay to burn the Bible or wipe your @ss with it, so long as it was Leviticus (or Kings). Also, I don't think semen lies outside of vegan parameters. If anything, eating the girl (...) might be more of a violation than her offense.

Lwerd's and Brian's profile pictures are remarkably similar.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Lexicaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 4:27:30 PM
At 10/1/2009 6:09:07 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Who would win in a lightsaber duel, Moses or Elijah?

I think this is the real, hard-hitting question of this thread, and vote Elijah. They both are strong in the force, but Elijah has a flaming chariot (re: starfighter).
http://mastersofcreationrpg.com... - My new site and long-developed project. Should be fun.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2009 5:16:16 AM
If we assume that a Muslim person needs fire, or else he will die, and the only thing he can use to make fire is the Qur'an, then he is allowed to do so, because it says in the Qur'an:

[Qur'an 2:173] "...if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then is he guiltless. For Allah is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful."

[Qur'an 6:119] "...He hath explained to you in detail what is forbidden to you - except under compulsion of necessity?"

[Qur'an 6:145] "...if a person is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- thy Lord is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful."

[Qur'an 16:115] "if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."