Jump to topic:

The Law of Moses and Jesus

Dan4reason
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 5:14:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am wondering how much of the law of Moses we have to obey after Jesus died for us.

Do we have to follow all of it?
Do we only follow what Jesus said, not what is in the old testament?
Do we follow some of the old testament?
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 5:32:11 PM
At 10/19/2012 5:14:21 PM, Dan4reason wrote:
I am wondering how much of the law of Moses we have to obey after Jesus died for us.

Compared to Jesus' teachings the law is EASY: the law states 'do not commit adultery' but Jesus said 'if you look at a woman with lust in your heart, that is adultery.'

The law was to show the impossibility of being good in the flesh, it only exposes our weakness.

This is why we MUST be born again, born of the Spirit.

Then we must choose the spirit over the flesh.
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 5:36:32 PM

Dan4reason In a nut shell! Adam was created PERFECT!! The PERFECT Man sinned! Until the Perfect man sinned their was NO DEATH in the world.. "The wages of sin is death!"

Death enter creation because of Adam!!!

Jesus is also PERFECT, Jesus died without sin.. so he popped up out of the grave as; "A cork released from the bottom of a pool of water, would pop up!"

Jesus died!!!!!
No one can die twice.. NO ONE!!
Dan4reason you can't even kill a stinking dog twice!!!!

Jesus died he can't die again!!!! Jesus rose from the grave NEVER to die again!!

Here it is... This is the whole point.. IF..
Dan4reason If you were "IN" Jesus!!! If you were ADDED to Jesus' resurrected body then you would not die!!!

All IN Jesus will rise even if their body dies, they will rise because; "Jesus has been there and done that!" He can't do it again!!

So HOW..
Dan4reason How can you get your self ADDED to Jesus' resurrected body!!??? THIS: Should be your next question!!!

Dogknox
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 5:40:17 PM
At 10/19/2012 5:36:32 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Dan4reason In a nut shell! Adam was created PERFECT!! The PERFECT Man sinned! Until the Perfect man sinned their was NO DEATH in the world.. "The wages of sin is death!"

Jesus is also PERFECT, Jesus died without sin.. so he popped up out of the grave as; "A cork released from the bottom of a pool of water, would pop up!"

Jesus died!!!!!
Dan4reason you can't even kill a stinking dog twice!!!!

Jesus died he can't die again!!!! Jesus rose from the grave NEVER to die again!!

Here it is... This is the whole point.. IF..
Dan4reason If you were "IN" Jesus!!! If you were ADDED to Jesus' resurrected body then you would not die!!!

All IN Jesus will rise even if their body dies, they will rise because; "Jesus has been there and done that!" He can't do it again!!

So HOW..
Dan4reason How can you get your self ADDED to Jesus' resurrected body!!??? THIS: Should be your next question!!!

Dogknox

All those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just make you sound a little manic..

Be SOBER.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 9:22:10 PM

I don't think Christians are under any obligation to keep the Mosaic law. The Mosaic law was like a Constitution that applied only to the nation of Israel. But many of the laws in the Mosaic covenant have universal moral laws that underly them. Those underlying moral laws apply to all people at all times. That is why things like murder and adultery are wrong for anybody, whether they are under the Mosaic law or not, but things like eating shrimp and wearing clothes with mixed fabric are not wrong for anybody unless they are under the Mosaic law.

The Mosaic law is not irrelevant for Christians, though. As Paul said, it is through the law that we become conscious of sin (Romans 3:20). The Mosaic law can serve as a moral tutor, clarifying our moral intuitions.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 12:41:25 AM
At 10/20/2012 9:22:10 PM, philochristos wrote:

I don't think Christians are under any obligation to keep the Mosaic law. The Mosaic law was like a Constitution that applied only to the nation of Israel. But many of the laws in the Mosaic covenant have universal moral laws that underly them. Those underlying moral laws apply to all people at all times. That is why things like murder and adultery are wrong for anybody, whether they are under the Mosaic law or not, but things like eating shrimp and wearing clothes with mixed fabric are not wrong for anybody unless they are under the Mosaic law.

The Mosaic law is not irrelevant for Christians, though. As Paul said, it is through the law that we become conscious of sin (Romans 3:20). The Mosaic law can serve as a moral tutor, clarifying our moral intuitions.

No one can keep the law, that's the point..

The food, like eating shrimp or pork, is a health issue as they both consume faeces.. The same with ceremonial washing of hands and utensils, but the Jews turned these rules into a religion of self righteousness that culminated in the persecution of Jesus and His followers for having a real relationship to the law.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 6:07:24 AM
Dan4reason In a nut shell! Adam was created PERFECT!! The PERFECT Man sinned!

In a nutshell - You lie again!

Can we see bible Story book text to support that stupid claim?

Perfect = faultless! (Pocket Oxford Dictionary/POD)

IF man were faultless, then he couldn't disobey nor sin, as your poofta's & Nun raping club claims!

Until the Perfect man sinned their was NO DEATH in the world..

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: You continue to lie!

Man was Created from his beginning immediately dependent on the Tree of Life to make them IMmortal!

That means man was created MORTAL from the beginning!

Your ONLY literal Saviour moi!
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 7:14:42 AM
At 10/21/2012 6:07:24 AM, Composer wrote:

IF man were faultless, then he couldn't disobey nor sin, as your poofta's & Nun raping club claims!

Man was Created from his beginning immediately dependent on the Tree of Life to make them IMmortal!

Something we agree on..
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 8:37:06 PM
At 10/21/2012 6:07:24 AM, Composer wrote:

According to the 2012 New Oxford Dictionary the definition is:
Having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be
It is not possible for man to be perfect and have free will, thus he could be perfect and mortal at the same time. Solved.

Already Proven that mortal and perfect could co-exist.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Double_Helix46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 12:38:25 AM

Do we have to follow all of it?:
No, no one ever has.
Do we only follow what Jesus said, not what is in the old testament?:
We must follow what Jesus taught.
Do we follow some of the old testament?:
Following the ten commandments should be a goal.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 2:04:00 PM

Only those portions that are reiterated in the NT. No one except Jesus 100% followed the Mosaic Law anyway.

Correct: what Jesus said, plus what Jesus through the Spirit inspired others to say. By "others", I mean Paul, Peter, James, etc.

No, not per se. Only as it happens to be restated in the New Testament.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 11:12:32 PM
At 10/20/2012 9:22:10 PM, philochristos wrote:

But many of the laws in the Mosaic covenant have universal moral laws that underly them. Those underlying moral laws apply to all people at all times. That is why things like murder and adultery are wrong for anybody, whether they are under the Mosaic law or not, but things like eating shrimp and wearing clothes with mixed fabric are not wrong for anybody unless they are under the Mosaic law.

How do you know which is which? How do Christians know which Mosaic laws to keep and which to safely discard? If you say it's based on which is a "universal moral law", well how do you know what one of those is...?
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2012 12:02:07 PM
At 10/24/2012 11:12:32 PM, jat93 wrote:

How do you know which is which? How do Christians know which Mosaic laws to keep and which to safely discard? If you say it's based on which is a "universal moral law", well how do you know what one of those is...?

There are a variety of ways we can know right from wrong. First, we know right from wrong because it is written on the heart (Romans 2:14-16). You have a built in sense of right and wrong. Second, we know right from wrong because of our ability to reason about moral issues. For example, if you know it's wrong to kill innocent people, and you also know that the unborn are innocent people, then you can infer that it's wrong to kill the unborn. Third, we know right from wrong because the Bible tells us. And it tells us in many ways. Sometimes, it tells us explicitly that some things are good and right while others are evil and wrong. Other times, we can infer that something is moral or immoral based on how God treats people who do them. This is especially the case when we look at how God treated people and nations who were not under the Mosaic covenant. For example, we see God judging other nations for child sacrifice, but we never see God judging other nations for eating pork or for violating the Sabbath.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2012 2:55:43 AM

Dan4reason In a nut shell! Adam was created PERFECT!!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: INCORRECT! claim. There is NO legitimate Story book evidence that Adam was perfect and to suggest Adam sinned is to confirm he couldn't have been perfect! because a perfect being can't do something imperfect like sin!

The PERFECT Man sinned!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: The definition of Perfect = faultless!

IF Story book Adam were Perfect then he was without fault and hence could never have been disobedient by sinning!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster:
Strong's renders ' perfect ' -
BDB/Thayers # 8549
08549 tamiym {taw-meem'}
from 08552; TWOT - 2522d; adj
AV - without blemish 44, perfect 18, upright 8, without spot 6,
uprightly 4, whole 4, sincerely 2, complete 1, full 1, misc 3; 91
1) complete, whole, entire, sound
1a) complete, whole, entire
1b) whole, sound, healthful
1c) complete, entire (of time)
1d) sound, wholesome, unimpaired, innocent, having integrity
1e) what is complete or entirely in accord with truth and fact(neuter adj/subst)

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: More of your proven lies!

#1: Man was created from Day 1 of his Creation dependent on the Tree of Life to make him IMmortal!

Hence he was Created MORTAL and already innately subject to Death! Story book god lied that Death came upon man because man sinned!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: More of your rotten fruit producing catholic lies!

See #1: above!

Jesus is also PERFECT,

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: More of your proven lies!

Therefore he had28 to be made like his brothers and sisters29 in every respect, . . . . (Heb. 2:17) NET Story book

You are another clown that believes lies because Heb. 2:17 states Story book jebus was made ' in every respect ' like its brothers & sisters so unless you believe every one is perfect then Story book jebus wasn't either.

We also know that Story book jebus FIRST had to offer up a sacrifice for its own sins - Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself. (Heb. 7:27) KJV Story book

Hence it was required to FIRST sacrifice for its own sins, not daily like the others but just once never the less!

Jesus died without sin..

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: More of your proven lies! this is beyond a joke but we know you & your Cult is a joke!

At 10/19/2012 5:36:32 PM, Dogknox wrote: so he popped up out of the grave as; "A cork released from the bottom of a pool of water, would pop up!"

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Or had it ever literally existed, as one of its own farts would rise to the surface of the water similarly!

Jesus died!!!!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Still waiting for one of you dopes to tell us how an alleged Immortal god managed to literally die?

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Then you confirm your catholic Story book version also tells lies, great for me! (no wonder you lie!) -

So David prevailed over the Philistine, and killed him (1st time); there was no sword in the hand of David 51 Then David ran and stood over the Philistine, and took his sword and drew it out of its sheath, and killed him (a second time, LOL!) , and cut off his head with it. (1 Sam. 17:50-51) RSV catholic Story book 1966 version.

So according to your own Story book David killed Goliath TWICE! (LOL!)

Your literal Saviour moi!
Suqua
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 11:33:51 PM

What law of Moses has been changed by JESUS, or fulfilled. What did JESUS write with HIS own finger? You've got to do your own studies on the subject. Comparing scripture with scripture! Did JESUS speak in the old testament? Read John1 Who was it that spoke things into existence Gen1. In the beginning GOD by HIS WORD. And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us! Blessings!