Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Mormonism

DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 5:49:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/19/2012 5:18:36 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Apparently Mormonism is a cult.



It absolutely IS.
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 2:08:42 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is very, very stupid.

Mormonism is no more a cult than any other religion.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 2:16:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 2:08:42 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
This is very, very stupid.

Mormonism is no more a cult than any other religion.

You can only brainwash or hypnotise with lies.. Never the truth.

Jesus Christ IS the Truth.
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 2:17:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 2:16:16 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:08:42 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
This is very, very stupid.

Mormonism is no more a cult than any other religion.

You can only brainwash or hypnotise with lies.. Never the truth.

Jesus Christ IS the Truth.

So?
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 2:23:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 2:17:22 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:16:16 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:08:42 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
This is very, very stupid.

Mormonism is no more a cult than any other religion.

You can only brainwash or hypnotise with lies.. Never the truth.

Jesus Christ IS the Truth.

So?

So what?
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 2:25:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 2:23:20 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:17:22 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:16:16 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:08:42 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
This is very, very stupid.

Mormonism is no more a cult than any other religion.

You can only brainwash or hypnotise with lies.. Never the truth.

Jesus Christ IS the Truth.

So?

So what?

So this video didn't seem to be talking about a cult in the sense of brainwashing.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 2:48:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 2:25:04 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:23:20 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:17:22 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:16:16 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:08:42 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
This is very, very stupid.

Mormonism is no more a cult than any other religion.

You can only brainwash or hypnotise with lies.. Never the truth.

Jesus Christ IS the Truth.

So?

So what?

So this video didn't seem to be talking about a cult in the sense of brainwashing.

Well, that's the sense that makes sense to me..
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 2:53:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 2:08:42 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
This is very, very stupid.

Mormonism is no more a cult than any other religion.

I usually like WLC but I have to agree with AMTY on this one.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 3:00:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 2:53:18 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:08:42 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
This is very, very stupid.

Mormonism is no more a cult than any other religion.

I usually like WLC but I have to agree with AMTY on this one.

These are cults because they are a corruption of Christianity. So without the true religion there cannot be the false.
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 3:03:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 3:00:57 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:53:18 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:08:42 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
This is very, very stupid.

Mormonism is no more a cult than any other religion.

I usually like WLC but I have to agree with AMTY on this one.

These are cults because they are a corruption of Christianity. So without the true religion there cannot be the false.

Okay, fine.

Mormonism is no more a cult than almost every other religion.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 3:10:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 3:03:51 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/20/2012 3:00:57 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:53:18 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:08:42 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
This is very, very stupid.

Mormonism is no more a cult than any other religion.

I usually like WLC but I have to agree with AMTY on this one.

These are cults because they are a corruption of Christianity. So without the true religion there cannot be the false.

Okay, fine.

Mormonism is no more a cult than almost every other religion.

Only in the sense that, like Islam for example, they are based on lies, but not in the sense that cults are a corruption of an already existing system.
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 3:12:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 3:00:57 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:53:18 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:08:42 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
This is very, very stupid.

Mormonism is no more a cult than any other religion.

I usually like WLC but I have to agree with AMTY on this one.

These are cults because they are a corruption of Christianity. So without the true religion there cannot be the false.

I don't see how any mainstream religion with a large number of adherents could ever be considered a cult.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 3:13:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 3:10:02 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 3:03:51 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/20/2012 3:00:57 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:53:18 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:08:42 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
This is very, very stupid.

Mormonism is no more a cult than any other religion.

I usually like WLC but I have to agree with AMTY on this one.

These are cults because they are a corruption of Christianity. So without the true religion there cannot be the false.

Okay, fine.

Mormonism is no more a cult than almost every other religion.

Only in the sense that, like Islam for example, they are based on lies, but not in the sense that cults are a corruption of an already existing system.

Alright, so you don't agree with Catholicism right? Do you think Catholicism is a cult?
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 5:12:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 2:16:16 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:08:42 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
This is very, very stupid.

Mormonism is no more a cult than any other religion.

You can only brainwash or hypnotise with lies.. Never the truth.

So.......

I guess you`ve never heard of propaganda?


Jesus Christ IS the Truth.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 6:06:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/19/2012 5:18:36 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Apparently Mormonism is a cult.

No, apparently William Lane Craig thinks Mormonism is a cult.

He uses his own contrived definition of the word cult, one that makes Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Judaism, and a lot of Christian denominations cults too. If you define cult as any religion that you find disagreeable, the word becomes meaningless.

William Lane Craig is a member of the "Christian Countercult Movement", which generally describes a Christian denomination as a cult if that denomination does not abide in whole or in part by the teachings of the Bible. The problem being, he is not abiding by the teachings of the Bible in this respect, and is guilty of the one and only unforgivable sin according to the Bible.

In Biblical Christianity, the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity, defined as the aspect of God that is spiritually active in the world, and almost all religions recognize a "spirit" active in the world. In Matthew 12:30-37 Jesus defines the unforgivable sin as blasphemy against the Holy Spirit and immediately follows this with the maxim that you should only judge a tree by it's fruit. According to this passage, it is not a matter of being Christian (blasphemy against Christ is forgivable), it is a matter of judging the Holy Spirit working in others by the external trappings of ritual and dogma rather than looking beyond those things to the Kingdom within (Luke 17:21), judging faith by something other than the fruit of the Holy Spirit.

When asked to, Jesus summarized all of his teaching into the maxim that you should love your neighbor as you love yourself (Matthew 22:36-39 and Mark 12:28-31, also see Leviticus 19:18, Galatians 5:14 ,Matthew 22:39, Luke 10:27, James 2:8, John 1:5, John 13:34), something impossible to do without recognizing that your neighbor's faith is to him, what your faith is to you. Along with almost every other major religion, Christianity maintains that God is transcendent to human understanding (Isaiah 55:8-9, 1 Corinthians 13:12 , Romans 11:33, and scads more) and Scripture is filled with supporting statements, explicitly telling us that no man knows as he ought to know (1 Corinthians 8:1-2 ), every man has his proper gift of God after different manners (1 Corinthians 7:7), with explicit consequential statements that therefore, we should not judge others (out of hundreds of references, Matthew 7:1 and 1 Corinthians 4:5 stand out).

According to the Biblical principles of his own "Christian Countercult Movement", then Mr. Craig is simply engaged in "puffing himself up" (1 Corinthians 8:1-2) and "self exaltation" (Luke 14:11) when he judges other faiths by something other than the fruit it bears. I'm sure he does all this under the pretense of trying to save souls, but perhaps he should recognize that, according to his own Scriptural endorsement, it would be more appropriate to worry that it is his own soul that is facing eternal damnation.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 1:49:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 3:13:18 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 10/20/2012 3:10:02 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 3:03:51 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/20/2012 3:00:57 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:53:18 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:08:42 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
This is very, very stupid.

Mormonism is no more a cult than any other religion.

I usually like WLC but I have to agree with AMTY on this one.

These are cults because they are a corruption of Christianity. So without the true religion there cannot be the false.

Okay, fine.

Mormonism is no more a cult than almost every other religion.

Only in the sense that, like Islam for example, they are based on lies, but not in the sense that cults are a corruption of an already existing system.

Alright, so you don't agree with Catholicism right? Do you think Catholicism is a cult?

Some, like Paul Washer, believe it is. I do not.

The corruption of the truth that makes a cult a cult always begins at the centre and works it's way out.

The centre of Christianity is the deity of Jesus Christ.

So all the major cults have a corruption of this central truth; they believe that Jesus is 'a' son of God rather that the Son of God.. Or Some such variation on this error.

Why? Because believing that Christ is 'God from God' is what saves us, so the enemy always attacks this central foundation.

Catholics, despite their many errors, believe that Christ is God from God; hence they are NOT a cult.
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)