Total Posts:98|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Preacher gives speech against gay rights

Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 11:45:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Clever, if unoriginal, argument. He's right about anti-gay sentiments being on the wrong side of history.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 2:44:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/19/2012 10:40:34 PM, twocupcakes wrote:


Discuss

God's love is grace and mercy:

Grace; getting what you don't deserve..

Mercy; not getting what you do deserve..

Unless I agree with Him what it is right or wrong, how can He give me grace and mercy? For what do I need His forgiveness?

Sin is being our own God, deciding for ourselves what it right or wrong and it separates us from Him.

This 'preacher' is a coward and would rather be popular with the world because he fears men, rather than God.

The Bible says nothing about racial segregation but plenty about sodomites.. So it is plain deception to pretend otherwise.
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
Enji
Posts: 1,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 9:26:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 2:44:58 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/19/2012 10:40:34 PM, twocupcakes wrote:


Discuss

God's love is grace and mercy:

Grace; getting what you don't deserve..

Mercy; not getting what you do deserve..

Unless I agree with Him what it is right or wrong, how can He give me grace and mercy? For what do I need His forgiveness?


Sin is being our own God, deciding for ourselves what it right or wrong and it separates us from Him.

This 'preacher' is a coward and would rather be popular with the world because he fears men, rather than God.

The Bible says nothing about racial segregation but plenty about sodomites.. So it is plain deception to pretend otherwise.

The Bible was also used against women's suffrage - there are specific claims about women being inferior to men; should we still take what the Bible says?
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 10:38:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 9:26:47 AM, Enji wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:44:58 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/19/2012 10:40:34 PM, twocupcakes wrote:


Discuss

God's love is grace and mercy:

Grace; getting what you don't deserve..

Mercy; not getting what you do deserve..

Unless I agree with Him what it is right or wrong, how can He give me grace and mercy? For what do I need His forgiveness?


Sin is being our own God, deciding for ourselves what it right or wrong and it separates us from Him.

This 'preacher' is a coward and would rather be popular with the world because he fears men, rather than God.

The Bible says nothing about racial segregation but plenty about sodomites.. So it is plain deception to pretend otherwise.

The Bible was also used against women's suffrage - there are specific claims about women being inferior to men; should we still take what the Bible says?

Also, passages in the Bible condone slavery. These arguments were used to justify slavery.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 12:26:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 9:26:47 AM, Enji wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:44:58 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/19/2012 10:40:34 PM, twocupcakes wrote:


Discuss

God's love is grace and mercy:

Grace; getting what you don't deserve..

Mercy; not getting what you do deserve..

Unless I agree with Him what it is right or wrong, how can He give me grace and mercy? For what do I need His forgiveness?


Sin is being our own God, deciding for ourselves what it right or wrong and it separates us from Him.

This 'preacher' is a coward and would rather be popular with the world because he fears men, rather than God.

The Bible says nothing about racial segregation but plenty about sodomites.. So it is plain deception to pretend otherwise.

The Bible was also used against women's suffrage - there are specific claims about women being inferior to men; should we still take what the Bible says?


Words were used to sway the German population into support of the holocaust - there are specific claims about jews being inferior people; should we still use language?
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 12:26:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 10:38:57 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 9:26:47 AM, Enji wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:44:58 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/19/2012 10:40:34 PM, twocupcakes wrote:


Discuss

God's love is grace and mercy:

Grace; getting what you don't deserve..

Mercy; not getting what you do deserve..

Unless I agree with Him what it is right or wrong, how can He give me grace and mercy? For what do I need His forgiveness?


Sin is being our own God, deciding for ourselves what it right or wrong and it separates us from Him.

This 'preacher' is a coward and would rather be popular with the world because he fears men, rather than God.

The Bible says nothing about racial segregation but plenty about sodomites.. So it is plain deception to pretend otherwise.

The Bible was also used against women's suffrage - there are specific claims about women being inferior to men; should we still take what the Bible says?

Also, passages in the Bible condone slavery. These arguments were used to justify slavery.


I suppose you believe Slavery is objectively wrong then?
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 1:59:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 9:26:47 AM, Enji wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:44:58 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/19/2012 10:40:34 PM, twocupcakes wrote:


Discuss

God's love is grace and mercy:

Grace; getting what you don't deserve..

Mercy; not getting what you do deserve..

Unless I agree with Him what it is right or wrong, how can He give me grace and mercy? For what do I need His forgiveness?


Sin is being our own God, deciding for ourselves what it right or wrong and it separates us from Him.

This 'preacher' is a coward and would rather be popular with the world because he fears men, rather than God.

The Bible says nothing about racial segregation but plenty about sodomites.. So it is plain deception to pretend otherwise.

The Bible was also used against women's suffrage - there are specific claims about women being inferior to men; should we still take what the Bible says?

Absolutely; the discarding of traditional roles has had a detrimental effect on all aspects of society, especially on women themselves.

There is a Biblical principal; that the strong should serve the weak.

How can that happen with so called equality?

Socialism cannot make the weak stronger and so it makes the strong weaker.
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 2:00:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 10:38:57 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 9:26:47 AM, Enji wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:44:58 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/19/2012 10:40:34 PM, twocupcakes wrote:


Discuss

God's love is grace and mercy:

Grace; getting what you don't deserve..

Mercy; not getting what you do deserve..

Unless I agree with Him what it is right or wrong, how can He give me grace and mercy? For what do I need His forgiveness?


Sin is being our own God, deciding for ourselves what it right or wrong and it separates us from Him.

This 'preacher' is a coward and would rather be popular with the world because he fears men, rather than God.

The Bible says nothing about racial segregation but plenty about sodomites.. So it is plain deception to pretend otherwise.

The Bible was also used against women's suffrage - there are specific claims about women being inferior to men; should we still take what the Bible says?

Also, passages in the Bible condone slavery. These arguments were used to justify slavery.

Then they were taken out of context; the context of the Old Testament.

It was Christians who fought and abolished slavery.
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 2:12:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 2:00:33 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 10:38:57 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 9:26:47 AM, Enji wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:44:58 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/19/2012 10:40:34 PM, twocupcakes wrote:


Discuss

God's love is grace and mercy:

Grace; getting what you don't deserve..

Mercy; not getting what you do deserve..

Unless I agree with Him what it is right or wrong, how can He give me grace and mercy? For what do I need His forgiveness?


Sin is being our own God, deciding for ourselves what it right or wrong and it separates us from Him.

This 'preacher' is a coward and would rather be popular with the world because he fears men, rather than God.

The Bible says nothing about racial segregation but plenty about sodomites.. So it is plain deception to pretend otherwise.

The Bible was also used against women's suffrage - there are specific claims about women being inferior to men; should we still take what the Bible says?

Also, passages in the Bible condone slavery. These arguments were used to justify slavery.

: Then they were taken out of context; the context of the Old Testament.

It was Christians who fought and abolished slavery.


This is what "Christians" will be saying about gay marriage in 100 years. However, the christian in this video is a christian who fought for gay rights.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 2:24:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 2:12:59 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:00:33 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 10:38:57 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 9:26:47 AM, Enji wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:44:58 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/19/2012 10:40:34 PM, twocupcakes wrote:


Discuss

God's love is grace and mercy:

Grace; getting what you don't deserve..

Mercy; not getting what you do deserve..

Unless I agree with Him what it is right or wrong, how can He give me grace and mercy? For what do I need His forgiveness?


Sin is being our own God, deciding for ourselves what it right or wrong and it separates us from Him.

This 'preacher' is a coward and would rather be popular with the world because he fears men, rather than God.

The Bible says nothing about racial segregation but plenty about sodomites.. So it is plain deception to pretend otherwise.

The Bible was also used against women's suffrage - there are specific claims about women being inferior to men; should we still take what the Bible says?

Also, passages in the Bible condone slavery. These arguments were used to justify slavery.

: Then they were taken out of context; the context of the Old Testament.

It was Christians who fought and abolished slavery.


This is what "Christians" will be saying about gay marriage in 100 years. However, the christian in this video is a christian who fought for gay rights.

Everything is defined by it's attributes; a triangle is a triangle because it has 3 sides.

A Christian is a Christian because He is a follower of Christ and His word, the Bible; you cannot have it both ways.

Men caught in homosexual deception should be given all the grace and mercy that we ourselves have received.

However, to encourage legislation that attacks God's word and leads yet more into darkness is NOT Christian, it is cowardice and no coward can enter the Kingdom of God.

To the woman caught in adultery, Jesus said "has no one condemned you? Then neither do I, go and SIN NO MORE"

We preach God's goodness and forgiveness AND say 'sin no more'.
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 2:32:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Everything is defined by it's attributes; a triangle is a triangle because it has 3 sides.

A Christian is a Christian because He is a follower of Christ and His word, the Bible; you cannot have it both ways.

Men caught in homosexual deception should be given all the grace and mercy that we ourselves have received.

However, to encourage legislation that attacks God's word and leads yet more into darkness is NOT Christian, it is cowardice and no coward can enter the Kingdom of God.

The law against gay marriage is as random as the law not to eat fish on Fridays, or work on the Sabbath. The guy in the video is courageous, to pull off that stunt and stand up for his beliefs. It takes balls to do that. Christians being against gay marriage, is like Mormons being against black people. History will shame you.

To the woman caught in adultery, Jesus said "has no one condemned you? Then neither do I, go and SIN NO MORE"

We preach God's goodness and forgiveness AND say 'sin no more'.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 2:42:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 2:32:42 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Everything is defined by it's attributes; a triangle is a triangle because it has 3 sides.

A Christian is a Christian because He is a follower of Christ and His word, the Bible; you cannot have it both ways.

Men caught in homosexual deception should be given all the grace and mercy that we ourselves have received.

However, to encourage legislation that attacks God's word and leads yet more into darkness is NOT Christian, it is cowardice and no coward can enter the Kingdom of God.

The law against gay marriage is as random as the law not to eat fish on Fridays, or work on the Sabbath. The guy in the video is courageous, to pull off that stunt and stand up for his beliefs. It takes balls to do that. Christians being against gay marriage, is like Mormons being against black people. History will shame you.

No, it takes balls to stand up against the 'spirit of the age' and be ostracised by all for standing on God's word.

You have not addressed any of my points regarding the attributes of a Christian; you have only substituted an emotional outburst for an argument.

Homosexuality is the stick satan is beating the church with.

God forgives SIN. If it not a sin He can't forgive you.

God saves SINNERS. If you're not a sinner He can't save you.

To the woman caught in adultery, Jesus said "has no one condemned you? Then neither do I, go and SIN NO MORE"

We preach God's goodness and forgiveness AND say 'sin no more'.
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 3:01:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago

No, it takes balls to stand up against the 'spirit of the age' and be ostracised by all for standing on God's word.

"Gods word" is taken from a passage that includes laws saying not to where clothing of 2 fabrics, and not to plant a variety of crops. Why are you not for these random laws as much as you are for laws against gays?

You have not addressed any of my points regarding the attributes of a Christian; you have only substituted an emotional outburst for an argument.

Sure, a Christian is someone who follows Jesus Christ. However, Jesus said nothing about homosexuality. Furthermore, it is impossible to tell exactly what Jesus said or meant. So, it is all up to interpretation.

Homosexuality is the stick satan is beating the church with.

God forgives SIN. If it not a sin He can't forgive you.

God saves SINNERS. If you're not a sinner He can't save you.

To the woman caught in adultery, Jesus said "has no one condemned you? Then neither do I, go and SIN NO MORE"

We preach God's goodness and forgiveness AND say 'sin no more'.

You are against gays, because you think it is "icky". Which is a legitimate point. If you said " the thought of 2 dudes grosses me out so much, I can't condone marriage", we would actually have to sit down and debate that. But, being against gays marriage because your imaginary magic man in the sky said so, is no reason to make a law in the USA.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 3:06:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 3:01:53 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
"Gods word" is taken from a passage that includes laws saying not to where clothing of 2 fabrics, and not to plant a variety of crops. Why are you not for these random laws as much as you are for laws against gays?

Umm, have you seen Romans 1? As far as I can tell, it says nothing about crops or fabrics.

Sure, a Christian is someone who follows Jesus Christ. However, Jesus said nothing about homosexuality. Furthermore, it is impossible to tell exactly what Jesus said or meant. So, it is all up to interpretation.

Only if you're a heretic.

You are against gays, because you think it is "icky". Which is a legitimate point. If you said " the thought of 2 dudes grosses me out so much, I can't condone marriage", we would actually have to sit down and debate that. But, being against gays marriage because your imaginary magic man in the sky said so, is no reason to make a law in the USA.

Why not? What's wrong with imaginary magic men?
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
emospongebob527
Posts: 790
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 3:15:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Anything the Bible concludes about anything can not be valid because it is not supported. (circular logic)
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 3:16:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago

Umm, have you seen Romans 1? As far as I can tell, it says nothing about crops or fabrics.

I was talking about Levictus


Only if you're a heretic.

Do you take the Bible word for word literally? If not then you interpret, and are a heretic.


Why not? What's wrong with imaginary magic men?

It is not good to make laws about magic imaginary men on aaccount of separation of church and state
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 3:19:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 3:16:11 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I was talking about Levictus

Because we all know homosexual acts are condemned absolutely nowhere except Leviticus.

Do you take the Bible word for word literally? If not then you interpret, and are a heretic.

There is only one interpretation. Interpreting the Bible in any other way is heresy.

It is not good to make laws about magic imaginary men on aaccount of separation of church and state

I fail to see your point. There's separation of church and state, therefore we shouldn't make laws about magic imaginary men?
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 3:23:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Clarification: Interpreting the Bible is not by necessity heresy. I wrote a bit quickly and without thinking.

However, there is but one interpretation, and drawing any other interpretation is heresy.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Citrakayah
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 3:37:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 2:42:10 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
No, it takes balls to stand up against the 'spirit of the age' and be ostracised by all for standing on God's word.

Aren't you supposed to read the Bible, not stand on it?

And do you have anything except your own interpretation of the Bible for support? If not, I would like to submit the beliefs of the Feri Tradition, which encourages bisexuality as a method for achieving spiritual ecstasy. Anyone who does not agree with that characterization of the Feri Tradition is a heretic and will be smited. Smitten. Smote. Whatever.

In case it wasn't obvious, that was an attempt at parody.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 4:15:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 3:01:53 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

No, it takes balls to stand up against the 'spirit of the age' and be ostracised by all for standing on God's word.

"Gods word" is taken from a passage that includes laws saying not to where clothing of 2 fabrics, and not to plant a variety of crops. Why are you not for these random laws as much as you are for laws against gays?

You have not addressed any of my points regarding the attributes of a Christian; you have only substituted an emotional outburst for an argument.

Sure, a Christian is someone who follows Jesus Christ. However, Jesus said nothing about homosexuality. Furthermore, it is impossible to tell exactly what Jesus said or meant. So, it is all up to interpretation.

Homosexuality is the stick satan is beating the church with.

God forgives SIN. If it not a sin He can't forgive you.

God saves SINNERS. If you're not a sinner He can't save you.

To the woman caught in adultery, Jesus said "has no one condemned you? Then neither do I, go and SIN NO MORE"

We preach God's goodness and forgiveness AND say 'sin no more'.


You are against gays, because you think it is "icky". Which is a legitimate point. If you said " the thought of 2 dudes grosses me out so much, I can't condone marriage", we would actually have to sit down and debate that. But, being against gays marriage because your imaginary magic man in the sky said so, is no reason to make a law in the USA.

A completely irrelevant point to the discussion at hand: if this man is a Christian then he should agree with Gods word and forgive sin in others that his own will be forgiven.

We cannot forgive what we do not call sin.

Sin is being our own God; divining what is moral, the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil.
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 4:45:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 4:40:33 PM, CriticalThinkingMachine wrote:
This preacher is despicable, just plain despicable. Shame on him for comparing Christians (or anyone who opposes gay marriage) to racists.

Well the sames arguments for segregation are being used against gays.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 4:46:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 4:40:33 PM, CriticalThinkingMachine wrote:
This preacher is despicable, just plain despicable. Shame on him for comparing Christians (or anyone who opposes gay marriage) to racists.

Yep, it's a dirty trick, for sure..
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 4:55:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago

I fail to see your point. There's separation of church and state, therefore we shouldn't make laws about magic imaginary men?

There is no way of verifying which supernatural phenomena is correct if it exists at all. Since many people believe in different supernatural phenomena, we can not outlaw everything that goes against the many supernatural laws that are believed. So, we use secular arguments. So, if you think that gays should not marry because it is gross, that is a valid secular argument, and we will have to discuss it.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 5:18:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 4:55:35 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

I fail to see your point. There's separation of church and state, therefore we shouldn't make laws about magic imaginary men?

There is no way of verifying which supernatural phenomena is correct if it exists at all. Since many people believe in different supernatural phenomena, we can not outlaw everything that goes against the many supernatural laws that are believed. So, we use secular arguments. So, if you think that gays should not marry because it is gross, that is a valid secular argument, and we will have to discuss it.

So then why do you need to post men purporting to be Christians to bolster your secular concerns?
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 5:36:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So then why do you need to post men purporting to be Christians to bolster your secular concerns?

He shows how the same religious arguments used in favor of segregation, against women's rights and for slavery are being used against gays. This shows a pattern of christian arguments being regarded as bigotry as time moves on. Thus, history will shame those Christians who are against gay marriage like it did for slavery and women's rights. So, if you are against gay marriage use a secular argument.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 5:37:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 4:55:35 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
There is no way of verifying which supernatural phenomena is correct if it exists at all. Since many people believe in different supernatural phenomena, we can not outlaw everything that goes against the many supernatural laws that are believed.

Well, we can't outlaw everything that goes against the many secular arguments that are believed either.

So, we use secular arguments. So, if you think that gays should not marry because it is gross, that is a valid secular argument, and we will have to discuss it.

Why can I not argue that an imaginary magic man told me gays should not marry, therefore they should not marry? That seems just as valid as any other subjective argument.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 5:38:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/19/2012 10:40:34 PM, twocupcakes wrote:


Discuss

Dude. That was BRILLIANT.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 5:42:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/20/2012 5:36:49 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
So then why do you need to post men purporting to be Christians to bolster your secular concerns?

He shows how the same religious arguments used in favor of segregation, against women's rights and for slavery are being used against gays. This shows a pattern of christian arguments being regarded as bigotry as time moves on. Thus, history will shame those Christians who are against gay marriage like it did for slavery and women's rights. So, if you are against gay marriage use a secular argument.

No, he confuses God's word which is against racism and against slavery and against sodomy but FOR grace and mercy for all sin.

Again, He forgives SIN, not excuses..
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)