Jump to topic:

Ephesians 2:17

peacethroughunity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 4:30:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ephesians 2:17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.

Reflection:-

Peace was preached and presented to you by Jesus.

The peace of Jesus was given to you in a personal way by Him. It all depends if you accept this peace or not.

Have you ever thought what this peace is all about? Have you ever tried to realize how peace makes a difference in your life?

The peace which Jesus gave you is the peace which you are to give to others!

George Calleja " Malta
My website 'Peace and unity in our lives' with the address as

https://sites.google.com...

has the aim to provide inspiration and encouragement for life, and hope for people including youths and children around the globe to find courage in their life, by trusting God to be more present in their life.

Follow me on TWITTER https://twitter.com...
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 10:45:56 AM
At 10/20/2012 4:30:52 AM, peacethroughunity wrote:
Ephesians 2:17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.

The peace of Jesus was given to you in a personal way by Him. It all depends if you accept this peace or not.

Have you ever thought what this peace is all about? Have you ever tried to realize how peace makes a difference in your life?

George Calleja " Malta
peacethroughunity nice post...
I reply.. When you come across a "THEREFORE" in the scriptures you are to STOP and ask.."What is the THEREFORE, there for"?!! All THEREFORE'S put into CONTEXT all that came before the THEREFORE>> AFTER<< The THEREFORE!!

peacethroughunity clearly the CONTEXT is; "Paul is addressing the CHURCH those people that have been Baptized.. those IN Jesus..>>> Believers!
Paul is addressing the CHURCH!! Clearly by the "YOU's" in his letter!!
Eph 2:11
Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (which is done in the body by human hands)" 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

All IN the Holy BODY of Jesus are "IN Jesus"! 13 But now in Christ Jesus you......

peacethroughunity Baptism IMMERSES Christians into the Body of Jesus "His HOLY CHURCH!" All "IN Jesus" are >>IN<< his body!!

All >>IN<< the Church are the Children of God!!

*Peace comes from KNOWING I AM >>"IN"<< God' RESURRECTED Son!
*Peace comes from KNOWING I AM >>"IN"<< God' ONLY SON!!
peacethroughunity All "IN" Jesus' holy Catholic body call God Father, all "IN" Jesus will rise because Jesus can't die a second time.. "Jesus has been there and done that"!

1 Peter 3:21
and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also"not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Baptism saves you by ADDING you to the Resurrected Jesus!
It saves you by the resurrection
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 2:32:28 PM
At 10/20/2012 4:30:52 AM, peacethroughunity wrote:

George Calleja " Malta

Are you preaching unity of different religions?
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 2:35:22 PM
I think Jesus was much more a pacifist than his pops.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 2:35:48 PM
At 10/20/2012 2:35:22 PM, phantom wrote:

Everyone goes through a rebellious stage when they're young.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 2:44:32 PM

" Do not suppose I have come to bring peace to the world. I came not to bring peace BUT A SWORD. "
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 2:54:49 PM
At 10/20/2012 2:44:32 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

" Do not suppose I have come to bring peace to the world. I came not to bring peace BUT A SWORD. "

You do know that passage refers to division, not violence. He is saying that he calls for you to follow him and that the process of following him will create conflict and difficulties for you (as he's said plenty of other times).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 2:59:43 PM
At 10/20/2012 2:54:49 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

You do know that passage refers to division, not violence. He is saying that he calls for you to follow him and that the process of following him will create conflict and difficulties for you (as he's said plenty of other times).

I do; the sword of the Spirit divides..
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 3:24:44 PM
At 10/20/2012 2:59:43 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 2:54:49 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I do; the sword of the Spirit divides..

Okay, just checking.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 3:53:43 PM

DanielChristopherBlowes good to see you quote scriptures...
The sword divides!!! Jesus divides believers from the unbelievers!
The BELIEVERS have peace!!
The unbelievers have none!!

All IN Jesus' HOLY body have the PEACE, the peace of knowing they are God' children!!

The "YOU" and the "YOUR" are believers, people in Jesus' Holy Catholic body!
John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Jesus brings PEACE to his Holy Catholic Body "The Church!" The Church is IN the world not of the world!

Do not suppose I have come to bring peace to the world. I came not to bring peace BUT A SWORD.

Dogknox
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 4:21:26 PM
At 10/20/2012 3:53:43 PM, Dogknox wrote:

DanielChristopherBlowes good to see you quote scriptures...
The sword divides!!! Jesus divides believers from the unbelievers!
The BELIEVERS have peace!!
The unbelievers have none!!

All IN Jesus' HOLY body have the PEACE, the peace of knowing they are God' children!!

The "YOU" and the "YOUR" are believers, people in Jesus' Holy Catholic body!
John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Jesus brings PEACE to his Holy Catholic Body "The Church!" The Church is IN the world not of the world!

Do not suppose I have come to bring peace to the world. I came not to bring peace BUT A SWORD.

Dogknox

You do not appear to have much peace to me, you seem manic and obsessed with dominating everyone with the 'truth'.

You come across as a bully and all bullies are cowards.

Hence, you won't formally debate.