Jump to topic:

Same God?

emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 3:55:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Question: How do I respond to the people who naively state "We all worship the same God"?
Answer:

If your god and my God are the same, why does your god say mine is wrong, and my God says yours is wrong? Does that sound like the same god?
Since both our gods agree, what makes you think you're smarter than both of them? There isn't a god in the world who "teaches" that.
Why do you insist that I am wrong when it is not I who claims so but my God who claims so? Is it that you know in your heart that yours is mere opinion, so you dismiss mine as the same?
If we worship the same God, why does yours teach that you should persecute and kill unbelievers unless they convert? Consider that mine teaches that we should love our enemies, do good to them, and not kill them.
Why does your god need you to do his killing for him? My God says I am not to kill for him; if he wants anyone dead, he will do it himself.
If you believe that there are no evil or lying spirits, how come your spirit says there are no lying (or evil) spirits, while the Spirit of my God says that they exist. One of them has to be lying.
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 4:29:21 PM
At 10/20/2012 3:55:49 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:
Question: How do I respond to the people who naively state "We all worship the same God"?
Answer:

If your god and my God are the same, why does your god say mine is wrong, and my God says yours is wrong? Does that sound like the same god?
Since both our gods agree, what makes you think you're smarter than both of them? There isn't a god in the world who "teaches" that.
Why do you insist that I am wrong when it is not I who claims so but my God who claims so? Is it that you know in your heart that yours is mere opinion, so you dismiss mine as the same?
If we worship the same God, why does yours teach that you should persecute and kill unbelievers unless they convert? Consider that mine teaches that we should love our enemies, do good to them, and not kill them.
Why does your god need you to do his killing for him? My God says I am not to kill for him; if he wants anyone dead, he will do it himself.
If you believe that there are no evil or lying spirits, how come your spirit says there are no lying (or evil) spirits, while the Spirit of my God says that they exist. One of them has to be lying.

You're agnostic but you have a God?
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 4:55:54 PM
At 10/20/2012 4:29:21 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
Answer:

I'm speaking situationally not personally.
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 5:19:43 PM
At 10/20/2012 4:55:54 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:
Answer:

Is situationally a word?
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 6:10:01 PM
At 10/20/2012 5:19:43 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/20/2012 4:55:54 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:
Answer:

Is situationally a word?

Through situations
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 10:14:25 PM
Please allow me to explain my thoughts.
You confused God and religion as a lot of people do.

If you asked me what religion I follow, I would answer none. Not because I can't label my religion, but because I don't want to.
They are my beliefs, if others agree with me they can adopt them, but I don't need to label my faith to feel acceptance.

Books of religion are the words of God written through the perceptions of man. Mistakes were bound to happen during translations any time the books were first written or re-translated.

Thus to answer your questions from my POV;

That depends, what do you understand my God believes is wrong?

You assume there is 2 Gods and yet believe in 1. Either way God obviously gave us a never ending thirst for knowledge, and thru the use of that knowledge I assume he wants us to learn things we once deemed incomprehensible. This should include trying to gain a full concept of what God is and Why he exists, in order to possibly know why we exist.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't dismiss your beliefs I just don't agree. If your beliefs make more sense to you than mine, I hold no offense. Please don't be discouraged I enjoy the conversation.

I believe any death that was in the name of God was the act of peoples irrationality. God didn't write the orders nor did he write the scriptures that people followed which led to death.
The words of God that people followed were depicted from a mans mind and prone to human error. There is no sign of evil outside of mans existence unless you consider natural survival evil. Therefore all evil is derived from man, not God.
Other than that, yes I agree God is love, and knowledge.

Ahh we agree again.

Nah, it sounds like there is a misunderstanding somewhere. Like I said a minute ago; evil is conjured from a persons irrationality. Do you disagree with my statement? Why do you disagree?

Your "situation" is referring to secular religions, not individuals religions. I don't have the same views as a church, yet I can worship at any church that would accept me.
I don't believe any religion can be wrong or intolerable; as long as it preaches about Gods love and knowledge.
If you understand Gods love and knowledge, almost everything will be more tolerable.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 7:11:26 AM
At 10/20/2012 10:14:25 PM, pozessed wrote:

If you asked me what religion I follow, I would answer none. Not because I can't label my religion, but because I don't want to.
They are my beliefs, if others agree with me they can adopt them, but I don't need to label my faith to feel acceptance.

Books of religion are the words of God written through the perceptions of man. Mistakes were bound to happen during translations any time the books were first written or re-translated.

You assume there is 2 Gods and yet believe in 1. Either way God obviously gave us a never ending thirst for knowledge, and thru the use of that knowledge I assume he wants us to learn things we once deemed incomprehensible. This should include trying to gain a full concept of what God is and Why he exists, in order to possibly know why we exist.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't dismiss your beliefs I just don't agree. If your beliefs make more sense to you than mine, I hold no offense. Please don't be discouraged I enjoy the conversation.

I believe any death that was in the name of God was the act of peoples irrationality. God didn't write the orders nor did he write the scriptures that people followed which led to death.
The words of God that people followed were depicted from a mans mind and prone to human error. There is no sign of evil outside of mans existence unless you consider natural survival evil. Therefore all evil is derived from man, not God.

Ahh we agree again.

Nah, it sounds like there is a misunderstanding somewhere. Like I said a minute ago; evil is conjured from a persons irrationality. Do you disagree with my statement? Why do you disagree?

Your "situation" is referring to secular religions, not individuals religions. I don't have the same views as a church, yet I can worship at any church that would accept me.
I don't believe any religion can be wrong or intolerable; as long as it preaches about Gods love and knowledge.
If you understand Gods love and knowledge, almost everything will be more tolerable.

All you are saying is that you are your god, that you decide what is good and evil; the fruit of the tree of knowledge: SIN.
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2012 12:45:44 PM
At 10/21/2012 7:11:26 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

Ahh we agree again.

All you are saying is that you are your god, that you decide what is good and evil; the fruit of the tree of knowledge: SIN.

That's not what I mean, that's how you understood it.

God is knowledge and love, no human can understand Gods knowledge nor express his love as he understands it.
He understands our universe and made it work the way it does without seeming t interfere.
No single human intelligence can compare.

I do say, we decide what is good and bad. After we decide good from bad we act upon it.
Good intentions are paved in gold, but lead to hell. That's because irrationality doesn't always stem from bad thoughts.
Bad actions have always been humans creation.
(In a perfect world) Do you deny that evil would be almost non-existent if all people controlled their actions until they thoroughly thought them out?

God knows our true self before we even start looking. Why would he want us to prove our sorrows towards our actions?
The answer: He doesn't. He knows if were truly sorry or not.
The trick is looking into yourself to find out if your sorry or not.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2012 1:44:27 PM
Answer:

Every Abrahamic religion worships the same god. They worship El, God of Abraham. Hindus and Shintoists have a different god though.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2012 1:47:37 PM
At 10/22/2012 12:45:44 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 10/21/2012 7:11:26 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

Ahh we agree again.

God is knowledge and love, no human can understand Gods knowledge nor express his love as he understands it.
He understands our universe and made it work the way it does without seeming t interfere.

What about Jesus Christ?

I do say, we decide what is good and bad. After we decide good from bad we act upon it.
Good intentions are paved in gold, but lead to hell. That's because irrationality doesn't always stem from bad thoughts.
(In a perfect world) Do you deny that evil would be almost non-existent if all people controlled their actions until they thoroughly thought them out?

Then I understood you correctly; what we decide is good or bad changes from century to century, from decade to decade.. It is subjective.. True morality is objective; it exists outside of ourselves, outside of space and time.. It is with God..

God knows our true self before we even start looking. Why would he want us to prove our sorrows towards our actions?

Unless we know what is good and evil we cannot begin to know what to be sorry for..
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 7:40:07 AM
At 10/22/2012 1:47:37 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

What about Jesus Christ?

What relevance does he have with that paragraph?

Then I understood you correctly; what we decide is good or bad changes from century to century, from decade to decade.. It is subjective.. True morality is objective; it exists outside of ourselves, outside of space and time.. It is with God..

Are you saying that man isn't the final influence for evil inflictions?

Unless we know what is good and evil we cannot begin to know what to be sorry for..

Treat others as you want to be treated.... What more is there to know?
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 8:04:37 AM
At 10/23/2012 7:40:07 AM, pozessed wrote:
At 10/22/2012 1:47:37 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

What about Jesus Christ?

He was a human intelligence.

That you will fail in this endeavour when in physical or emotion pain: so we must have the spirit of He who, when betrayed by His own people and denied by His closest friends and nailed naked to a criminals cross still did not fail, within us..
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 8:57:25 AM
At 10/23/2012 8:04:37 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

What human mind is/was equivalent to Jesus?

That you will fail in this endeavour when in physical or emotion pain: so we must have the spirit of He who, when betrayed by His own people and denied by His closest friends and nailed naked to a criminals cross still did not fail, within us..

We will fail to be neighborly when in turmoil.
When in this turmoil we must have the spirit of Jesus in order to act neighborly.

That is the sum of your statement?

Of course we will have failing moments in life. As creations of free will we were given that choice.
As people of God it is up to us to anticipate our actions, in order to avoid inflicting pain onto others because we are in turmoil.

I wold also like to know why you avoided my other question?
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 9:09:29 AM
At 10/23/2012 8:57:25 AM, pozessed wrote:
At 10/23/2012 8:04:37 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

What human mind is/was equivalent to Jesus?

We will fail to be neighborly when in turmoil.
When in this turmoil we must have the spirit of Jesus in order to act neighborly.

That is the sum of your statement?

Of course we will have failing moments in life. As creations of free will we were given that choice.
As people of God it is up to us to anticipate our actions, in order to avoid inflicting pain onto others because we are in turmoil.

How can someone anticipate a spouse having an affair? Someone murdering your children? The gulf between our feelings and the forgiveness requested can only be bridged at the cross of Christ.

Because I didn't understand it..
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 9:58:30 AM
At 10/23/2012 9:09:29 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
How can someone anticipate a spouse having an affair? Someone murdering your children? The gulf between our feelings and the forgiveness requested can only be bridged at the cross of Christ.

By giving true thoughts and emotions on any subject someone can better prepare themselves if a situation arises.
If they have prepared themselves, they should be less likely to impose ill emotions on another persons life, and may be able to recover from their own ill emotions sooner than anyone imagined.
Any consequence that we receive in this lifetime, is laughable when compared to how miniscule this lifetime is in relation to eternity.

Ahh,
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 11:49:29 AM
At 10/23/2012 9:58:30 AM, pozessed wrote:
At 10/23/2012 9:09:29 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

By giving true thoughts and emotions on any subject someone can better prepare themselves if a situation arises.
If they have prepared themselves, they should be less likely to impose ill emotions on another persons life, and may be able to recover from their own ill emotions sooner than anyone imagined.
Any consequence that we receive in this lifetime, is laughable when compared to how miniscule this lifetime is in relation to eternity.

Ahh,

Only when we have the mind of Christ do we see how we fail in thought, word and deed almost continually..

That is why my eternity rests on the merit of another: One who never sinned.
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 12:20:01 PM
At 10/23/2012 11:49:29 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
Only when we have the mind of Christ do we see how we fail in thought, word and deed almost continually..

Notice the similarities between what we just said?
Whats your definition of Christ? How do we use Christ today?

I assume a persons eternal merit resides in Gods judgement of their overall well being to his will.

If you don't agree please specify.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 1:22:46 PM
At 10/23/2012 12:20:01 PM, pozessed wrote:

He is the only begotten Son of the living God: no one comes to the Father but by Him..

I assume a persons eternal merit resides in Gods judgement of their overall well being to his will.

We can never reach the standard of Holiness to stand in His eternal presence.. We must be 'clothed in Christ'..
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 1:47:27 PM
At 10/23/2012 1:22:46 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

He is the only begotten Son of the living God: no one comes to the Father but by Him..

That's who he is. Now what is he? Do we interact with him? How?

We can never reach the standard of Holiness to stand in His eternal presence.. We must be 'clothed in Christ'..

How do you cloth yourself in Christ, and how is it different than what I have described?
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 1:59:04 PM
At 10/23/2012 1:47:27 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 10/23/2012 1:22:46 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

That's who he is. Now what is he? Do we interact with him? How?

He is God from God, and He waits for you to bow your heart in submission to Him, to ask Him to be Lord of your life.

How do you cloth yourself in Christ, and how is it different than what I have described?

First, accept that we are naked, that our good deeds are as filthy rags to a Holy and just God..

By accepting the merit of Christ crucified, we clothe ourselves in His righteousness..
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 2:11:22 PM
At 10/23/2012 1:59:04 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
First, accept that we are naked, that our good deeds are as filthy rags to a Holy and just God..

Right... didn't I say that earlier with a much more coherent and literal comprehension?

By accepting the merit of Christ crucified, we clothe ourselves in His righteousness..

Actually, we would probably be closer to righteousness if we tried looking at things through Gods perspective more often.
According to your statement I can act as arrogant and ignorant as I want with no consequences as long as I accept Christ. We both know that's wrong.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 3:29:39 PM
At 10/23/2012 2:11:22 PM, pozessed wrote:

Right... didn't I say that earlier with a much more coherent and literal comprehension?

Actually, we would probably be closer to righteousness if we tried looking at things through Gods perspective more often.
According to your statement I can act as arrogant and ignorant as I want with no consequences as long as I accept Christ. We both know that's wrong.

Not at all, by living in His unwarranted favour (grace and mercy) I now endeavour to extend that favour to others; the measure we use will be used against us..
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 3:46:08 PM
At 10/23/2012 3:29:39 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

Not at all, by living in His unwarranted favour (grace and mercy) I now endeavour to extend that favour to others; the measure we use will be used against us..

Do you think in riddles the same way you speak them? You just said what I said earlier.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

So we just ran around in circles to find out we believe in the same God, I just made mine based on logical deduction and stripped away the man made label.
I claim the same God as you, the same spirit, and the same consequences.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 3:51:19 PM
At 10/22/2012 1:44:27 PM, DanT wrote:
Answer:

Every Abrahamic religion worships the same god. They worship El, God of Abraham. Hindus and Shintoists have a different god though.

Nope, same God, just a different understanding and a different cultural influence.

There is only one God, transcendent to human understanding, and represented in various ways, we all see God as "through a glass darkly", but at this time, "No man knows as he ought to know".

Isaiah 55:8-9
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 3:57:16 PM
At 10/23/2012 3:51:19 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
Nope. same God, just a different understanding and a different cultural influence.

I like that
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:58:45 AM
At 10/23/2012 3:46:08 PM, pozessed wrote:

Do you think in riddles the same way you speak them? You just said what I said earlier.

So we just ran around in circles to find out we believe in the same God, I just made mine based on logical deduction and stripped away the man made label.

Does your God have a Son?
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 9:15:00 AM
At 10/24/2012 8:58:45 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

A world filled with them, daughters too.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 9:17:19 AM
At 10/24/2012 9:15:00 AM, pozessed wrote:

Does He have an only begotten (God from God) Son?
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 9:21:15 AM
At 10/24/2012 9:17:19 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

Again, a world full of them.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 9:29:25 AM
At 10/24/2012 9:21:15 AM, pozessed wrote:
At 10/24/2012 9:17:19 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

Again, a world full of them.

A world full of 'an only' Son?

That doesn't make sense does it?

Loving the truth is where we begin; the truth, for you is: no.