Jump to topic:

For God So Loved The World

DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 10:02:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Is there any way to interpret the statement: "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life".... that is not psychopathic and evil?
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 10:28:41 PM
At 10/20/2012 10:02:54 PM, DeFool wrote:
Is there any way to interpret the statement: "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life".... that is not psychopathic and evil?

What do you mean? Do you mind elaborating?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 10:47:28 PM

To my understanding life is eternal. Therefore dying one time in this world to exist in another for eternity is a really small price to pay. Especially if you consider that he sent his only son.
Since Jesus is his only son God would want him to return home ASAP. So therefore God didn't sacrifice as much as it seems.
Secondly, it seems to me to be one sick twisted joke, and humanities free will is what dealt the punch line. Jesus only played his part in the acts of our free wills.
DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 10:54:31 PM
I give little credence to the notion of 'free will.' It seems that so much of our actions is just the momentum of decisions made long ago still being played out. Any free will we possess is minor; the limited ability to add interesting variables into our systems. Which we mostly never do.

If I were to elaborate on my Opening Statement, I should point out that this statement is horrible. It represents a horror-movie level of terror and destruction. I can't imagine how it could be otherwise.

I am, frankly amazed and startled that Christians fail to see the dreadful nature of the statement.
DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 11:00:44 PM
Another example of the horror of Christianity being invisible to the Christian, to me, is the glorification of cannibalism. I would honestly be interested in hearing an articulate defense of this practice - as well as the "love" of killing one's own child.

I have often heard those who participate in communion say that they are "not really" eating the rotting corpse of Jesus, or drinking his dead, congealed blood. They tell me earnestly that they are only pretending.

My question: why on earth would we pretend such a thing? Why not symbolically eat the bread that Jesus broke at the last supper? Why not symbolically drink the water he turned into wine? Why must the religion be so horrifying?

Why can the Christian not recognize this revulsion as a reasonable response to all of this?
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 11:12:24 PM
At 10/20/2012 11:00:44 PM, DeFool wrote:
Another example of the horror of Christianity being invisible to the Christian, to me, is the glorification of cannibalism. I would honestly be interested in hearing an articulate defense of this practice - as well as the "love" of killing one's own child.

I have often heard those who participate in communion say that they are "not really" eating the rotting corpse of Jesus, or drinking his dead, congealed blood. They tell me earnestly that they are only pretending.

My question: why on earth would we pretend such a thing? Why not symbolically eat the bread that Jesus broke at the last supper? Why not symbolically drink the water he turned into wine? Why must the religion be so horrifying?

Why can the Christian not recognize this revulsion as a reasonable response to all of this?

I can understand your confusion, but I can't answer those questions because I don't follow that faith.
I believe all ancient religions to be a misconstrued perception of what people wrote as the word of God. Even though they may have been interpreting Gods words those peoples personal beliefs and agendas were still depicted in scriptures, and thus all mans sin started with our own irrationalities.
What I mean by this;, it wasn't rational of a person to add his own thoughts to what God wanted him to understand.
The rationality that the people in that era used, were the only perceptions that they grew up with, and had knowledge of. Thus it was written and shared with others as Gods word.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2012 11:45:06 PM

Derp
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 1:06:08 AM

Interesting.

I'm assuming, that you are in no way theistic, and almost certainly anti-Christian. Which leads me to believe that you do not agree with Objective Morality, or do not think such a thing is possible or knowable.

If my assumptions are correct, by what standard are you measuring this verse to be either good or evil? Your own opinion?

Also, if it isn't too hard for you to fathom, how do you suppose a 'perfect' God would would act in regards to a completely rebellious and hateful species? Consider a being who isn't hindered by lack of information; a being who knows the deepest desires and intentions of each creature's heart. With this knowledge, he is fully capable of determining what course of action would be the absolute best; obviously.

And with that unimaginable knowledge, he decides to save some, and leave the other to their own devices. Then you come along, in all of your limitedness and imperfection, and do exactly what he condemns, while exacting judgement on his decrees..

Man's utter sinfulness is truly astonishing. Praise him for saving anyone.

We are so wicked.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 1:26:37 AM
At 10/21/2012 1:06:08 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:
Praise him for saving anyone.

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Story book jebus couldn't even save itself, let alone allegedly save others, LOL!

#1: Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. (John 12:27) KJV story book

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. {willing, remove: Gr. willing to remove} (Luke 22:42) KJV story book

This story book Jesus needed his pretend Father's permission (See f1.), authority and asks that his Father do what is necessary to save him i.e. God of me remove this cup 'cos I can't do it for myself -

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will , but the will of the Father which hath sent me. (John 5:30) KJV story book

f1. This lying and fraudulent story book Jesus also ' claims ' his Father was this alleged trinitarian God the Father ' person ' but the angel in Luke 1:35 said it was your alleged ' God the Holy Ghost ' person '. (Oh! unless you think the angel was lying?)

We are so wicked.

YOU probably are morally wicked also outside of this Forum, as we already know here you are another proven deceiver, liar and jebus fraud, so my standards are vastly Superior even there & no doubt external to this Forum also going by your record here, LOL!

Compared to your Story book young female child Spiritually raping, narcissistic evil creating bastard of a trinitarian god; honest men like me are a refreshing vast improvement!

Your ONLY literal Saviour moi!
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 1:31:35 AM
@composer

Do you live in California?

(please say yes)
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 1:34:21 AM
At 10/21/2012 1:31:35 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:
@composer

Do you live in California?

(please say yes)
I hope you ask for peaceful purposes, but should you both agree to a duel, please record it and put it on YouTube. Thanks in advance.
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 1:45:52 AM
At 10/21/2012 1:26:37 AM, Composer wrote:

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Story book jebus couldn't even save itself, let alone allegedly save others, LOL!

#1: Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. (John 12:27) KJV story book

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. {willing, remove: Gr. willing to remove} (Luke 22:42) KJV story book

This story book Jesus needed his pretend Father's permission (See f1.), authority and asks that his Father do what is necessary to save him i.e. God of me remove this cup 'cos I can't do it for myself -

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will , but the will of the Father which hath sent me. (John 5:30) KJV story book

f1. This lying and fraudulent story book Jesus also ' claims ' his Father was this alleged trinitarian God the Father ' person ' but the angel in Luke 1:35 said it was your alleged ' God the Holy Ghost ' person '. (Oh! unless you think the angel was lying?)

We are so wicked.

YOU probably are morally wicked also outside of this Forum, as we already know here you are another proven deceiver, liar and jebus fraud, so my standards are vastly Superior even there & no doubt external to this Forum also going by your record here, LOL!

Compared to your Story book young female child Spiritually raping, narcissistic evil creating bastard of a trinitarian god; honest men like me are a refreshing vast improvement!

What I gather from all of your posts, is that you wish everyone to confess their inferiority to you.

Am I correct with that assumption?

If so; what do you hope to gain if everyone agreed with your obtrusive comments?
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 1:58:10 AM
At 10/21/2012 1:45:52 AM, pozessed wrote:
At 10/21/2012 1:26:37 AM, Composer wrote:

We are so wicked.

What I gather from all of your posts, is that you wish everyone to confess their inferiority to you.

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: I don't need any confessions, I already know I am vindicated by your inabilities to legitimately sustain your beliefs!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: As your Superior to whom you require absolution and ask my superior opinion, then the answer remains as always that I am with or without your opinion, your ONLY literal Saviour

If so; what do you hope to gain if everyone agreed with your obtrusive comments?

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: What's allegedly ' obtrusive about them, especially considering you ask my superior Opinion concerning your foolish assumptions? LOL!

Story book jebus couldn't save itself as I proved and YOU, YOUR CULT, YOUR jebus, its god, alleged h-s and Story book are all impotent against moi!
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 2:24:22 AM
At 10/21/2012 1:58:10 AM, Composer wrote:

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: I don't need any confessions, I already know I am vindicated by your inabilities to legitimately sustain your beliefs!

Ahh see, now that's where your wrong, otherwise you wouldn't feel compelled to post such ignorance.
If you have read any of the posts I made you would see that my beliefs don't pertain to the religion you digress.
Not to mention that you are pretty much insulting most religions by claiming that Jesus is false, as the Bible isn't the only book that describes a Messiah.

Your biased opinions show your lack of knowledge and wit. Though your word play is obtrusive and offensive, it is not intelligent.

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: As your Superior to whom you require absolution and ask my superior opinion, then the answer remains as always that I am with or without your opinion, your ONLY literal Saviour

My only literal savior is me. Want proof?
Composer, I'm starving, please get me some food.

See If I really were starving to death, I'd have literally died.
I can thank God for the intelligence I have obtained to care for myself though. That god isn't you or any other human though Composer.

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: What's allegedly ' obtrusive about them, especially considering you ask my superior Opinion concerning your foolish assumptions? LOL!

What's obtrusive is how you demand attention in all your posts, but you don't use the attention for anything useful.
No I asked you to answer an assumption which I came to using logic. You even agreed with my logic, how is that foolish?
Now remember you can't say it's foolish without saying your foolish. I used your actions to conclude my logic.

Story book jebus couldn't save itself as I proved and YOU, YOUR CULT, YOUR jebus, its god, alleged h-s and Story book are all impotent against moi!

Again, you have my faith confused with somebody else.
Just because you think that everyone follows the same religion doesn't mean we do.

Your lack of perception will be your darkness, and also proof of your misguided intelligence and maturity.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 3:54:28 AM
At 10/21/2012 2:24:22 AM, pozessed wrote:
At 10/21/2012 1:58:10 AM, Composer wrote:

Ahh see, now that's where your wrong, otherwise you wouldn't feel compelled to post such ignorance.

My Posts are never ignorant, they are successful at Cult busting every time!

The ignorance emanates entirely from those cowards like you that can't even state your Cult beliefs openly even in your Profile which states: ' Other? '

You are obviously ashamed to state them publicly!

Come Clean, what's your Other?

Tell us & I'll check my List to see when it was busted; before I bust it again here!

If you have read any of the posts I made you would see that my beliefs don't pertain to the religion you digress.

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: ALL religions are deserving of contempt, so whatever yours is, that equally applies!

I am not going to search high & low & guesstimate what ' Other ' allegedly refers to?

Not to mention that you are pretty much insulting most religions by claiming that Jesus is false, as the Bible isn't the only book that describes a Messiah.

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: biblical jebus is just another biblical Historical myth like e.g. Moses, Paul & apostles!

Your entire legitimate evidence only confirms that fact!

ALL alleged Supernatural gods are worthy of my righteous contempt!

Your biased opinions show your lack of knowledge and wit. Though your word play is obtrusive and offensive, it is not intelligent.

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: I have successfully continued to bust ALL Cults I have engaged against and xtianity in particular is in rapid decline so my extremely intelligent efforts remain vindicated, whilst yours remains 100% BS!

Double_Helix46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 4:18:42 AM
At 10/21/2012 3:54:28 AM, Composer wrote:
My Posts are never ignorant, they are successful at Cult busting every time!:
I haven't seen one that hasn't been ignorant. You do not even know or know how to spell the name of who it is your talking about.

The ignorance emanates entirely from those cowards like you that can't even state your Cult beliefs openly even in your Profile which states: ' Other? ':
Maybe his belief is,"Other." Ignorance is always a given when you call someone a coward online.
Tell us & I'll check my List to see when it was busted; before I bust it again here!:
When are you actually going to do some busting. So far I seen moi so far!
Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: biblical jebus is just another biblical Historical myth like e.g. Moses, Paul & apostles!:
See it? You can not spell or know who it is your talking about. Maybe there is a Jebus, IDK.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 4:51:34 AM
At 10/21/2012 4:18:42 AM, Double_Helix46 wrote:
At 10/21/2012 3:54:28 AM, Composer wrote:
My Posts are never ignorant, they are successful at Cult busting every time!:

I haven't seen one that hasn't been ignorant.

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Give some examples along with your alleged evidence?

You do not even know or know how to spell the name of who it is your talking about.

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Story book jebus is the name worthy of the Historical nobody dupes like YOU foolishly rant about as having been literal!

The ignorance emanates entirely from those cowards like you that can't even state your Cult beliefs openly even in your Profile which states: ' Other? ':

(Double_Helix46' maybe #1): Maybe his belief is,"Other." Ignorance is always a given when you call someone a coward online.

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: No incorrect again! Ignorance is being a coward like the cowardly jebus the bible Story book rants about that can't even stand on its own two feet but instead needs its god and some angels to support it! LOL!

Tell us & I'll check my List to see when it was busted; before I bust it again here!:

When are you actually going to do some busting. So far I seen moi so far!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Reminiscent of Billy Clinton that claimed to never have sexual relations with Monika!

You are both now exposed cowardly liars!

YOU still haven't told us what Cult you currently embrace? (i.e. Other? LOL!)

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: biblical jebus is just another biblical Historical myth like e.g. Moses, Paul & apostles!:

See it? You can not spell or know who it is your talking about. Maybe there is a Jebus, IDK.

NB: (Double_Helix46' maybe #2 shown immediately above):

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster:
YOU repeatedly deal in ' may be's ' (My Refs: #1 & #2 shown above), LOL!,

Conversely moi still deals in providing accurate Cult busting facts!

johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 5:14:58 AM
At 10/20/2012 11:45:06 PM, phantom wrote:

Derp

One Derp is not enough for that comment. It deserves a double derp.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 11:31:49 AM
Having now been thoroughly bederped, I'll restate my premise.

I have not been sufficiently educated on the objective morality of all of the gods, and so am uncertain what role the moral standards of these fantasy beings might play in the human actions that I mention.

To repeat, the act of god in my OS is a horrible atrocity. Pretending to cannibalize a sacred corpse is also the stuff of Halloween nightmare-movies. I am asking a simple question: Why can Christians not understand how horrible these things are?

I have heard a strange reply, appealing to "objective morality." Let me understand:

1. A powerful alien had an only begotten son
2. This extra dimensional tyrant forced humanity to torture and murder that son - in order that the alien would not destroy earth
3. That extra dimensional tyrant is now pleased with watching earthlings pretend to eat the corpse of his dead son

This narrative prompts me to wonder at the horror of it all. And those who proclaim that this cosmic tyrant is "real" are telling me that my reason is insufficient to judge this as horrible.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 11:55:43 AM
At 10/21/2012 11:31:49 AM, DeFool wrote:
Having now been thoroughly bederped, I'll restate my premise.

I have not been sufficiently educated on the objective morality of all of the gods, and so am uncertain what role the moral standards of these fantasy beings might play in the human actions that I mention.

To repeat, the act of god in my OS is a horrible atrocity. Pretending to cannibalize a sacred corpse is also the stuff of Halloween nightmare-movies. I am asking a simple question: Why can Christians not understand how horrible these things are?

I have heard a strange reply, appealing to "objective morality." Let me understand:

1. A powerful alien had an only begotten son
2. This extra dimensional tyrant forced humanity to torture and murder that son - in order that the alien would not destroy earth
3. That extra dimensional tyrant is now pleased with watching earthlings pretend to eat the corpse of his dead son

This narrative prompts me to wonder at the horror of it all. And those who proclaim that this cosmic tyrant is "real" are telling me that my reason is insufficient to judge this as horrible.

Here is yet another example of psychic vampirism; you intentionally offend our dearly held and precious faith so that you can feed on our pain and discomfort, as you yourself are fed upon by the enemy..

We feed on Christ Jesus, on His goodness and love that never fails, even when betrayed and tortured and naked and bloody on a cross made for criminals.. We drink down His eternal mercy and compassion..

Before becoming a debater or wise, learn some manners and treat us with the common courtesy you would if we were in a room with you.
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 12:09:50 PM
Here is yet another example of psychic vampirism; you intentionally offend our dearly held and precious faith so that you can feed on our pain and discomfort, as you yourself are fed upon by the enemy..

We feed on Christ Jesus, on His goodness and love that never fails, even when betrayed and tortured and naked and bloody on a cross made for criminals.. We drink down His eternal mercy and compassion..

Before becoming a debater or wise, learn some manners and treat us with the common courtesy you would if we were in a room with you.

"Feeding on pain and discomfort"... I note the next sentence is an attempt to justify cannibalizing a sacred cadaver.

And, I note the last is an appeal to manners.

The table manners of cannibals do not represent my own. I refuse to abide by them.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 12:14:27 PM
At 10/21/2012 12:09:50 PM, DeFool wrote:

"Feeding on pain and discomfort"... I note the next sentence is an attempt to justify cannibalizing a sacred cadaver.

And, I note the last is an appeal to manners.

The table manners of cannibals do not represent my own. I refuse to abide by them.

You're either criminally ignorant of Christian theology (we feed on Him spiritually) or you say what you know to be untrue in order to evoke a negative response, which you feed on..

So, you feed on darkness..

And we feed on light..
DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 12:33:38 PM
Why are you unaware that this entire premise is horrible to those outside of your in-grouping? Do you honestly not recognize that the idea that we should, for example, kill our children (As Jesus commands) is an offensive suggestion?

Jesus, in Mark 7-9, clearly condemns those who will not kill disobedient children, calling such moms and dads "hypocrites" and saying that they only honor Jesus with their lips.

"For Moses said, "Honor your father and mother," and, "Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death...Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: These people honor me with their lips"
-Jesus
DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 12:35:08 PM
I maintain that killing your children for "cursing mother and father" is even more criminal than being shocked and outraged by the suggestion.
joneszj
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 12:36:15 PM
At 10/20/2012 10:54:31 PM, DeFool wrote:
I give little credence to the notion of 'free will.' It seems that so much of our actions is just the momentum of decisions made long ago still being played out. Any free will we possess is minor; the limited ability to add interesting variables into our systems. Which we mostly never do.

If I were to elaborate on my Opening Statement, I should point out that this statement is horrible. It represents a horror-movie level of terror and destruction. I can't imagine how it could be otherwise.

I am, frankly amazed and startled that Christians fail to see the dreadful nature of the statement.

Ummmm, try looking into reformed theology.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 3:03:35 PM
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life"

Believe Jesus...
54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Whoever believes in Jesus.. Believes the words of Jesus!

Ignatius of Antioch is CHRISTIAN... Christians believe the words of Jesus!
Ignatius said..
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

Augustine Is CHRISTIAN.. He has ETERNAL LIFE!
Augustine said...
"Christ was carried in his own hands when, referring to his own body, he said, "This is my body" [Matt. 26:26]. For he carried that body in his hands" (Explanations of the Psalms 33:1:10 [A.D. 405]).

Rejecting the words of Jesus is NOT Christian..
Rejecting the words of Jesus is rejecting Jesus!!

Dogknox
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 4:17:57 PM
At 10/21/2012 3:03:35 PM, Dogknox wrote:
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life"

Believe Jesus...
54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Whoever believes in Jesus.. Believes the words of Jesus!

Ignatius of Antioch is CHRISTIAN... Christians believe the words of Jesus!
Ignatius said..
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

Augustine Is CHRISTIAN.. He has ETERNAL LIFE!
Augustine said...
"Christ was carried in his own hands when, referring to his own body, he said, "This is my body" [Matt. 26:26]. For he carried that body in his hands" (Explanations of the Psalms 33:1:10 [A.D. 405]).

Rejecting the words of Jesus is NOT Christian..
Rejecting the words of Jesus is rejecting Jesus!!

Dogknox

No, but you can claim it to be socially unorthodox as the OP has been stating.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 4:22:49 PM
At 10/21/2012 12:33:38 PM, DeFool wrote:
Why are you unaware that this entire premise is horrible to those outside of your in-grouping? Do you honestly not recognize that the idea that we should, for example, kill our children (As Jesus commands) is an offensive suggestion?

Jesus, in Mark 7-9, clearly condemns those who will not kill disobedient children, calling such moms and dads "hypocrites" and saying that they only honor Jesus with their lips.

"For Moses said, "Honor your father and mother," and, "Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death...Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: These people honor me with their lips"
-Jesus

The law reveals what is righteous and the sentence reveals the serious of the offence..

Without the knowledge of both you cannot forgive or give grace and mercy.

Jesus is showing the Pharisee's that they too break the law and so should show mercy.
DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2012 6:26:05 PM
At 10/21/2012 4:22:49 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 10/21/2012 12:33:38 PM, DeFool wrote:

-Jesus

The law reveals what is righteous and the sentence reveals the serious of the offence..

Without the knowledge of both you cannot forgive or give grace and mercy.

Jesus is showing the Pharisee's that they too break the law and so should show mercy.

I understand the context; what I do not understand is why it is so eagerly embraced. Again, you may charge that I am only attempting to be shocking - I'm not. I am trying to understand something that, to me resembles psychopathy. I'll give you another example.

Suppose that you leave your son in the care of a man whom you admire. You get a call from the hospital, informing you that your son has attempted to slice off his penis and testicles, at the instigation of the man to whom you have entrusted his care. When you challenge this man, demanding to know why he talked your son into attempting to amputate his genitalia, he responds by saying that you should have killed your son.

This is Jesus. Jesus, in the bible, encourages young boys to amputate their penis or testicles, cut out their eyes, and chop off their hands. He also advises parents to kill disobedient children. This all seems very acceptable to you - and so I earnestly ask for an explanation.