Jump to topic:

Definition of Christianity

blameworthy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 9:14:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Is there a coherent definition of Christianity that unites all of the different sects? I think I found one online.

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 9:24:44 AM
At 10/30/2012 9:14:48 AM, blameworthy wrote:
Is there a coherent definition of Christianity that unites all of the different sects? I think I found one online.

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Fails to be all-inclusive.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 3:09:20 PM
At 10/30/2012 9:14:48 AM, blameworthy wrote:

Yes there is: we believe Jesus Christ to be Gods only begotten (God from God) Son, and that He died a shameful criminals death on a cross and was raised to life on the 3rd day.

That is the core belief that all denominations share and which all cults distort to their own destruction.
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)