Total Posts:56|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

THE GOD FAQ ' Questions To God '

The_thinker
Posts: 67
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2009 11:44:32 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
i am bored and Have nothing else to do, this is my official GOD FAQ

have questions type them in, noody will answer you though, becuase none can. LOL

1- Why throw us in Planet earth, and make us breath and eat food, would it not be convinient to just live without eating, you do, I am starving, do you crave a banana?

2- Do you enjoy watching people from many beliefs fight against each other?

3- If you could make every one on earth worship you, isn't that enough for you. Kill the devil now and we all worship you, what did you say, you cant?

4- people say it was the devils fault we are suffering now, well God why not kill him if he disobeyed you why does billion of people have to suffer after that?

5- Why send a book and write it with riddles and make it available in one language, for centuries people have came and believed in you in deferent languages, what makes the Arabic one the legit and final message you want everyone to believe in?

6- Did you really see the future or write that we should have all of these pleasures and technology and yet make us go back for a dusty bible or holy book and worship you?

7- God did you know that you are the one who crated earth and divided people in it and made them fight and kill each other for food, money and greed, I am just making sure you know that? then is some book it said in th eend you will send little demons to eat everything on the planet untill jesus comes back and saves us from them and from the one eyed Dajjal, again You want to kill, shed blood, and say that all hell will break lose and war will come, where is love.
Why not just left us to your place and judge us, why the Titanic Tragedy do like drama so much?

8- If you have sent one Devine religion to follow, how will all the other nations be dealt with. Should they learn Arabic and study grammar, culture to follow the Arabic message?

9- when the final hour for judgment arrives You want to kill, shed blood, and say that all hell will break lose and war will come, where is love.
Why not just left us to your place and judge us, why the Titanic Tragedy do like drama so much?

10- I read in one of your fairy tails that you had a deal with the devil that he will bring as many followers to the devil to worship him, and that you would see who wins in the end. So the devil followers will go burn to hell and your followers will go to heaven, ARE WE A GAME TO YOU, what did we do to you or to the devil to play with us like strategy games, people are having sex everyday and bringing new life to this world only to be tested and go to hell or heaven, are you joking with innocent life? Because you can?

11- If you want everyone to worship you, why give them pleasure, love, work, complicated thinking to distract them from only thinking and worshipping you, did the diver alter your creations? if he can, does that make him god too?

12- Why did you want to be God (from my thinking I have those couple of questions: why create humans who bleed , eat, smell, see, sleep, age and die) reproduce and make the same mistakes, and have bad incomplete humans if not properly born.

13- I really wish you could explain to me how you came to be and why you decided to make us, and dont give me the 'I am God Talk' or the story of Adam being childish and eating an apple because you sure spent allot of words teaching humans and making them follow a book for over 2000 years, what is your problem with us, we are born 10,000 years after your issues with adam, give us a break.

14- God why didn't you just make everyone speak one language?

15- Why did you create water and how did you come up with it?

16- Is George Lucas one of your angels?

MORE LATER as it comes to me!
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2009 12:24:13 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
@ The_Thinker:

You raise many questions which would put the Pope against the wall, but the simple answer is religion can't give a straight answer, other than God is this magical guy that can do things.

Atheism answers them all in 2 words. Not a hundred thousand word document, two words: Sh*t happens.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
The_thinker
Posts: 67
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2009 12:37:56 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/3/2009 12:24:13 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
@ The_Thinker:

You raise many questions which would put the Pope against the wall, but the simple answer is religion can't give a straight answer, other than God is this magical guy that can do things.

Atheism answers them all in 2 words. Not a hundred thousand word document, two words: Sh*t happens.

i was born a muslem and i always drove my family and friends and believers in god to the wall, they cant argue back with me, i now chose to be Agnostic.

i am not searching for a religion or goal in life, i want to know what is god smoking, just why make us the way we are, he created angels, devils, jins, and many creatures. he gave us intelligence but a weak body and mind, a mind that can be destroyed with one simple word: LOVE

i started all of this becuase i lost someone !

Aithiests have a problem too, s*it did not create earth, space, humans, something went to allot of trouble to make us so complecated. soemone sure did allot of details to make us see, sufer, read, understand, (just look at the anatomy of the brain, that is being created and developed in a new born baby....... who did this.

humans could create anything except make a liivng breathing human. something is moving us, a soul or whatever, how did he do it?

i may be crazy to be talking like a child but this is the truth if we all know how or why we would live better. thinking makes people age faster
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2009 12:42:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/3/2009 12:37:56 PM, The_thinker wrote:
At 10/3/2009 12:24:13 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
@ The_Thinker:

You raise many questions which would put the Pope against the wall, but the simple answer is religion can't give a straight answer, other than God is this magical guy that can do things.

Atheism answers them all in 2 words. Not a hundred thousand word document, two words: Sh*t happens.

i was born a muslem and i always drove my family and friends and believers in god to the wall, they cant argue back with me, i now chose to be Agnostic.

i am not searching for a religion or goal in life, i want to know what is god smoking, just why make us the way we are, he created angels, devils, jins, and many creatures. he gave us intelligence but a weak body and mind, a mind that can be destroyed with one simple word: LOVE

i started all of this becuase i lost someone !

Same-ish. If this is just a fad then I would abandon it, but you seem legitimately interested, so kudos.


Aithiests have a problem too, s*it did not create earth, space, humans, something went to allot of trouble to make us so complecated. soemone sure did allot of details to make us see, sufer, read, understand, (just look at the anatomy of the brain, that is being created and developed in a new born baby....... who did this.

It's called evolution. We didn't have a designer, our body developed over time from single cell creatures. As we evolved and got bigger and better, we went through various stages until we are sitting at computers typing.


humans could create anything except make a liivng breathing human. something is moving us, a soul or whatever, how did he do it?

Humans can create another human. Google 'reproductive systems'.


i may be crazy to be talking like a child but this is the truth if we all know how or why we would live better. thinking makes people age faster

Maybe, but you have to step back and look at it all.

Feel free to ask me any questions about what I have written.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
The_thinker
Posts: 67
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2009 2:38:37 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
i have comments on your post but i am dead tired and i like to write long posts, i'll get back to you in the morning, need some sleep but before that, i still dont believe in evolotion. if you think about it, nothing can evolve a brain, it has to be built by something and sent here to live in this planet.

am not writing this based from any source (dusty Bible or riddle me this Qur'aan)

i just want to say evolution is not what made us. monkeys are monkeys humans are humans.

from the fairy tail of books or from watching the pyramids i can asure you that there were people before us who was smart and knowledgable, incas, mayas each in his own way. we may have overdone it with the invintion of electricity or was it creation i dont care anymore LOL electricity is what evolved us now, look around you.

later.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2009 2:44:23 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/3/2009 2:38:37 PM, The_thinker wrote:
i have comments on your post but i am dead tired and i like to write long posts, i'll get back to you in the morning, need some sleep but before that, i still dont believe in evolotion. if you think about it, nothing can evolve a brain, it has to be built by something and sent here to live in this planet.

am not writing this based from any source (dusty Bible or riddle me this Qur'aan)

i just want to say evolution is not what made us. monkeys are monkeys humans are humans.

from the fairy tail of books or from watching the pyramids i can asure you that there were people before us who was smart and knowledgable, incas, mayas each in his own way. we may have overdone it with the invintion of electricity or was it creation i dont care anymore LOL electricity is what evolved us now, look around you.

later.

Evolution is true

There is a common misconception that if we evolved from monkeys, monkeys shouldn't exist. But this is a misconception. We are a subspecies of the ape species. It's like a duck is a bird, but a bird isn't a duck.

Going back millions of years, I mean millions, we had a common ancestor , a form of primate. I'm not particularly knowledgeable on Evolution, you'd want to ask the user 'Kleptin' for a more detailed analogy.

If you have any questions about the basics of evolution and how it works, can clear that up.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
The_thinker
Posts: 67
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2009 7:44:24 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/3/2009 2:44:23 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/3/2009 2:38:37 PM, The_thinker wrote:
i have comments on your post but i am dead tired and i like to write long posts, i'll get back to you in the morning, need some sleep but before that, i still dont believe in evolotion. if you think about it, nothing can evolve a brain, it has to be built by something and sent here to live in this planet.

am not writing this based from any source (dusty Bible or riddle me this Qur'aan)

i just want to say evolution is not what made us. monkeys are monkeys humans are humans.

from the fairy tail of books or from watching the pyramids i can asure you that there were people before us who was smart and knowledgable, incas, mayas each in his own way. we may have overdone it with the invintion of electricity or was it creation i dont care anymore LOL electricity is what evolved us now, look around you.

later.

Evolution is true

There is a common misconception that if we evolved from monkeys, monkeys shouldn't exist. But this is a misconception. We are a subspecies of the ape species. It's like a duck is a bird, but a bird isn't a duck.

Going back millions of years, I mean millions, we had a common ancestor , a form of primate. I'm not particularly knowledgeable on Evolution, you'd want to ask the user 'Kleptin' for a more detailed analogy.

If you have any questions about the basics of evolution and how it works, can clear that up.

enlighten me!
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2009 8:48:17 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
To use a Dawkins' analogy; imagine a hairpin - start with one species, trace it's lineage backwards to an ancestor far enough and you can trace that point forward to any other species - the bend is the common ancestor. In the case of apes of which we are classified as part of, that hairpin is 'shorter' (in the context of we share a common ancestor with other primates) meaning we share a common ancestor in history that will require us to trace lineage backwards less so than, for example, the common ancestor of Homo sapiens and any Crocodylidae.
ToastOfDestiny
Posts: 990
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2009 7:00:21 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
If you have a sibling, imagine that they are the monkey, and that you are the human. You share a common ancestor, in this case, your parents.

This is a really crude example though - evolution needs to happen over MUCH longer periods of time, on the scale of thousands of years.
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
The_thinker
Posts: 67
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2009 11:49:27 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/4/2009 8:27:55 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
To answer #14, about the whole 'one language' thing, refer to the "Tower of Babel" story. That story upsets me to no end.

everybody i talked to said that babble story is a fraud it never happened.

i started a post titles language origins all i got is insults from an old man.

i dont know who to believe when it comes to old stories with no backed up proof
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2009 8:07:10 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/4/2009 11:49:27 PM, The_thinker wrote:

everybody i talked to said that babble story is a fraud it never happened.

i started a post titles language origins all i got is insults from an old man.

i dont know who to believe when it comes to old stories with no backed up proof

If youre waiting for an answer, i suggest you dont hold your breath.

The origin of languages will never be answered, because language is prevalent even with in animals. How does a wolf signal its location? By howling. That is a form of language. Infact, if i point to an apple and say "Gaga", then you will probably understand what i am talking about. congrats, weve just made a new language.

As for evolution, sure, monkeys are monkeys, humans are humans. But guess what? Chihuahuas are Chiuhuahuas, and Great Danes are Great Danes. Yet, we know for a fact that Chihuahuas and Great Danes share a common ancestor. Now, what you should ask yourself is this:
"Why does my argument work for humans and apes, but not for chihuahas and great danes?"
The answer? Because you are placing value on one, while disregarding the other. When you list the differences and similarities between Chihuahuas and Great danes, and of Humans and apes, you will notice that there isnt much difference between either group. And this is the point.
The_thinker
Posts: 67
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2009 8:32:00 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/5/2009 8:07:10 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 10/4/2009 11:49:27 PM, The_thinker wrote:

everybody i talked to said that babble story is a fraud it never happened.

i started a post titles language origins all i got is insults from an old man.

i dont know who to believe when it comes to old stories with no backed up proof

If youre waiting for an answer, i suggest you dont hold your breath.

The origin of languages will never be answered, because language is prevalent even with in animals. How does a wolf signal its location? By howling. That is a form of language. Infact, if i point to an apple and say "Gaga", then you will probably understand what i am talking about. congrats, weve just made a new language.

As for evolution, sure, monkeys are monkeys, humans are humans. But guess what? Chihuahuas are Chiuhuahuas, and Great Danes are Great Danes. Yet, we know for a fact that Chihuahuas and Great Danes share a common ancestor. Now, what you should ask yourself is this:
"Why does my argument work for humans and apes, but not for chihuahas and great danes?"
The answer? Because you are placing value on one, while disregarding the other. When you list the differences and similarities between Chihuahuas and Great danes, and of Humans and apes, you will notice that there isnt much difference between either group. And this is the point.

i already know that i wont be getting any answer, just looking to see what others know. and also to understand why some people believe what is writing in bible and the rest etc..

still if we will compare us scientifically then i will give it a shot. i dont see any other spicies driving cars, teaching at schools or operating on other humans, i think we are far more adanced then any other living being, think about it for some time, before 2000 years there was no airplanes or cars or electricity. i cant back up what i said, its just my instinct this theory is wrong. we may share some features with monkeys but that oes not mean we evolved from them. there was many kinds and sizes of dinasours they all almost looked the same, some fly's some sweims some walk in the end they looked like the same. but now its defrent.

do you see us humans evolving to something new ? we wont grow wings you know!

thanks
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2009 8:50:22 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/5/2009 8:32:00 AM, The_thinker wrote:
i already know that i wont be getting any answer, just looking to see what others know. and also to understand why some people believe what is writing in bible and the rest etc..
May i ask what sort of understanding you have, as to why people beleive in the bible, Quran, etc?

still if we will compare us scientifically then i will give it a shot. i dont see any other spicies driving cars, teaching at schools or operating on other humans, i think we are far more adanced then any other living being, think about it for some time, before 2000 years there was no airplanes or cars or electricity.

Again, you are placing value on things to which you value yourself. Which is fine, i value them too. But intelligence is only one attribute which humans have. Humans lack many attributes.

I dont see any human being able to breath underwater indefinately. I dont see any human being able to flap their hands and fly. I dont see any human being able to fit into a small crack in the ground.

Sure, humans are advanced, intellectually. But guess what? Birds are more advanced than humans, when it comes to flight. Fish are more advanced than humans, when it comes to breathing and surviving under water. Sharks are more advanced than humans when it comes to Smell. Cheetahs are more advanced than humans when it comes to running speed.

When we look at it from a scientific standpoint, specifically Evolution, each animal has a special ability that surpasses all other animals, so that it is able to survive in its environment. In some places, you dont need a smart brain in order to survive, what you need is the ability to be able to fly whenever you want to, or the ability to run into small cracks. I know what your conclusion is, that Clearly humans must have been special and created especially by God to be the most superior beings ever. Yet, when an asteroid hits earth, our giant intellect will be much less superior to the ability to be small, to have an exoskeleton, to be able to breath underwater indefinately.

i cant back up what i said, its just my instinct this theory is wrong.
Congrats. 1000 years ago, it was the instinct of many that the sun rotated around the earth. I mean, look at it. We seem to be staying put. The ground doesnt tremble or anything. Clearly we must be stationary, and the sun must be the thing that is rotating around us.

we may share some features with monkeys but that oes not mean we evolved from them. there was many kinds and sizes of dinasours they all almost looked the same, some fly's some sweims some walk in the end they looked like the same. but now its defrent.
What is different?

I mean, clearly your argument can be applied to Chihuahuas and Great Danes. Sure, they look similar, but that doesnt mean that the Chihuahuas came from a common ancestor along with the Great Dane!

Yet, infact we know this to be true. We know that Great Danes and Chihuahuas share a common ancestor. Infact, we breeded the Chihuahuas ourselves. Your argument fails in light of this fact.

do you see us humans evolving to something new ? we wont grow wings you know!

But we do grow tails, you know.

And yes, i do see humans evolving into something new. Infact, humans, and all organisms on this planet, continuously evolve, every day.
The_thinker
Posts: 67
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2009 9:06:18 AM
Posted: 7 years ago

I dont see any human being able to breath underwater indefinately. I dont see any human being able to flap their hands and fly. I dont see any human being able to fit into a small crack in the ground.

Sure, humans are advanced, intellectually. But guess what? Birds are more advanced than humans, when it comes to flight. Fish are more advanced than humans, when it comes to breathing and surviving under water. Sharks are more advanced than humans when it comes to Smell. Cheetahs are more advanced than humans when it comes to running speed.


my basic knowledge is manily common sense, after that some islam backgrounds and some bible refrences then comes science! since it came after those books!

i see humans thiking of survival, cold, make a fire, build jacket, warm, build AC, swim, build swimming equiepment, want to fly, build airplanes.

we can almost mimic some of the abilites of other creatures or be inspired to be like them.

all animals are simple basic human forms, we on the other hand have far more advanced attributes.

thanks for your post! i am tired , would have posted a full page...
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2009 9:23:10 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/5/2009 9:06:18 AM, The_thinker wrote:

my basic knowledge is manily common sense, after that some islam backgrounds and some bible refrences then comes science! since it came after those books!
You should disregard the things that came before, in favor for things that came later.

i see humans thiking of survival, cold, make a fire, build jacket, warm, build AC, swim, build swimming equiepment, want to fly, build airplanes.

I see humans not being able to flap their wings and fly, not being able to breath underwater without any apparatus, not being able to fit into small cracks.

we can almost mimic some of the abilites of other creatures or be inspired to be like them.
Mimic, yes. Become, no. It is obvious to anyone drowning in a pool that the ability to mimic fish is pretty useless without said objects being present. We may have the ability to mimic, but our ability to mimic is far less superior than the actual organism we are trying to mimic.

What is the percentage of fish, that drown? pretty close to 0. What are the percent of divers, that drown? Fairly larger than 0.

all animals are simple basic human forms, we on the other hand have far more advanced attributes.

What exactly is a "Simple basic human form"?

Can humans flap their hands and fly? If not, then how are birds, a simple basic human form?

As i said above, sure, our intellect is advanced. You havent touched a single bit on my argument as to how other animals have far superior attributes to which humans can only try to mimic, and very poorly.

A whale could just as easily come and say that it is vastly superior to humans. I mean, look at them. Why did the humans have to become so smart and create weapons to destroy each other, when they couldve just floated around eating plankton all day. None of the whales are starving. None of the whales are actively trying to kill each other. Clearly this is the good life. Clearly, whales are vastly superior than humans.
The_thinker
Posts: 67
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2009 9:46:13 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/5/2009 9:23:10 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 10/5/2009 9:06:18 AM, The_thinker wrote:

my basic knowledge is manily common sense, after that some islam backgrounds and some bible refrences then comes science! since it came after those books!
You should disregard the things that came before, in favor for things that came later.


i see humans thiking of survival, cold, make a fire, build jacket, warm, build AC, swim, build swimming equiepment, want to fly, build airplanes.

I see humans not being able to flap their wings and fly, not being able to breath underwater without any apparatus, not being able to fit into small cracks.

we can almost mimic some of the abilites of other creatures or be inspired to be like them.
Mimic, yes. Become, no. It is obvious to anyone drowning in a pool that the ability to mimic fish is pretty useless without said objects being present. We may have the ability to mimic, but our ability to mimic is far less superior than the actual organism we are trying to mimic.

What is the percentage of fish, that drown? pretty close to 0. What are the percent of divers, that drown? Fairly larger than 0.

all animals are simple basic human forms, we on the other hand have far more advanced attributes.

What exactly is a "Simple basic human form"?

Can humans flap their hands and fly? If not, then how are birds, a simple basic human form?

As i said above, sure, our intellect is advanced. You havent touched a single bit on my argument as to how other animals have far superior attributes to which humans can only try to mimic, and very poorly.

A whale could just as easily come and say that it is vastly superior to humans. I mean, look at them. Why did the humans have to become so smart and create weapons to destroy each other, when they couldve just floated around eating plankton all day. None of the whales are starving. None of the whales are actively trying to kill each other. Clearly this is the good life. Clearly, whales are vastly superior than humans.

Who or what decided for you to be a man, why not become a whale? Could all those animals just happen to be born like that? And the course of nature brought them to life.

Are all those animals cam from one source and evolved ?

Humans go to war and kill each other because they have feelings, needs, greed, and beliefs

Animals kill each other from hunger or property or survival when attacked from other animals

How did all those animal come to earth, is there any scientific info on how they all came to be?
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2009 9:59:15 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/5/2009 9:46:13 AM, The_thinker wrote:

Who or what decided for you to be a man, why not become a whale? Could all those animals just happen to be born like that? And the course of nature brought them to life.
Nothing decides to become something in evolution.

And no, the animals cannot happen to be born like that.

I dont really understand what you mean by "The course of nature brought them to life".

Are all those animals cam from one source and evolved ?
If you trace their lineage far enough, yes.

Humans go to war and kill each other because they have feelings, needs, greed, and beliefs
Sure.
Animals kill each other from hunger or property or survival when attacked from other animals
Sure.
How did all those animal come to earth, is there any scientific info on how they all came to be?
Through evolution. If you are talking about the first organism ever, that is Abiogenesis, and we still dont have a working theory there. However, as for how ALL these animals came to earth, and how they came to be, they are all the result of successive generations that evolved and produced genetically different offsprings, which resulted in the diversity we see today.
The_thinker
Posts: 67
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2009 10:05:23 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/5/2009 9:59:15 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 10/5/2009 9:46:13 AM, The_thinker wrote:

Who or what decided for you to be a man, why not become a whale? Could all those animals just happen to be born like that? And the course of nature brought them to life.
Nothing decides to become something in evolution.

And no, the animals cannot happen to be born like that.

I dont really understand what you mean by "The course of nature brought them to life".

Are all those animals cam from one source and evolved ?
If you trace their lineage far enough, yes.

Humans go to war and kill each other because they have feelings, needs, greed, and beliefs
Sure.
Animals kill each other from hunger or property or survival when attacked from other animals
Sure.
How did all those animal come to earth, is there any scientific info on how they all came to be?
Through evolution. If you are talking about the first organism ever, that is Abiogenesis, and we still dont have a working theory there. However, as for how ALL these animals came to earth, and how they came to be, they are all the result of successive generations that evolved and produced genetically different offsprings, which resulted in the diversity we see today.

i forgot to ask!

and what do yo think about life in all? how did earth and universe come?
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2009 10:06:57 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/5/2009 10:05:23 AM, The_thinker wrote:
i forgot to ask!

and what do yo think about life in all? how did earth and universe come?

I accept the current Big Bang theory as to the origin of the universe.
The_thinker
Posts: 67
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2009 10:11:10 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/5/2009 10:06:57 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 10/5/2009 10:05:23 AM, The_thinker wrote:
i forgot to ask!

and what do yo think about life in all? how did earth and universe come?

I accept the current Big Bang theory as to the origin of the universe.

i accept it too!

but what cuased it? LOL
The_thinker
Posts: 67
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2009 10:17:18 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/5/2009 10:12:14 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 10/5/2009 10:11:10 AM, The_thinker wrote:
i accept it too!

but what cuased it? LOL

Currently, we dont know.

and thats all folks LOL

thats my point, we dont know

same for how were are made in the first place!

have a nice evening, i have nothing more to say
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2009 10:24:47 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/5/2009 10:17:18 AM, The_thinker wrote:

and thats all folks LOL

thats my point, we dont know

same for how were are made in the first place!

have a nice evening, i have nothing more to say

What we do know, is that it wasnt God.

I mean, take a cup of water. Sure, there are many possible explanations as to how that Cup of water came to be there. Some may say that a man came and placed a glass of water there. Another may say that a woman brought a cup, and another man brought a jug of water, and filled the cup with water. But what we do know, is that it wasnt a pixie that brought the cup of water. Or that it wasnt God that zapped the cup of water into existance.

Some answers are more likely than others. And some answers are impossible based on current reality and science. And God is one of them.
The_thinker
Posts: 67
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2009 10:31:42 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/5/2009 10:24:47 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 10/5/2009 10:17:18 AM, The_thinker wrote:

and thats all folks LOL

thats my point, we dont know

same for how were are made in the first place!

have a nice evening, i have nothing more to say

What we do know, is that it wasnt God.

I mean, take a cup of water. Sure, there are many possible explanations as to how that Cup of water came to be there. Some may say that a man came and placed a glass of water there. Another may say that a woman brought a cup, and another man brought a jug of water, and filled the cup with water. But what we do know, is that it wasnt a pixie that brought the cup of water. Or that it wasnt God that zapped the cup of water into existance.

Some answers are more likely than others. And some answers are impossible based on current reality and science. And God is one of them.

we are on the same page
The_thinker
Posts: 67
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2009 4:57:05 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/5/2009 10:55:38 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 10/5/2009 10:31:42 AM, The_thinker wrote:
we are on the same page

Anything on my reply about Evolution yet?
this is a conversation i had with I_Am_Panda i think it covers my openion about evolution:

i do believe that something created the first man or thing that reproduced the rest of us. be it the fairy tail of Adam and eve or the ape that

if life came from a big explosion in space and then created all those perfect rounded planets, and put the sun to shed light and give life and growth to things

if you think about it, it sound too perfect to be just an explosion

what was there before this explosion, what the hell is all that black space and why is there so many stars in it. it eats me just thinking what would it be like if none of this existed

Muslims say god created the space and universe, earth in 7 days and then rested.

as if he got tired from it and had to spend 7 days to make it. it is this that makes them sane and keep believing in his book, whoever wrote that book 3000 years ago sure spent allot on making details and info that looks like it was sent from out of earth.

The Big Bang Theory: There are many misconceptions about this. Let's says Time is infinite (Which it probably is). If time is, there was no definitive starting point of anything, but everything from our point of view (i.e. OUR universe) had some starting point. Furthermore, the Big Bang caused a huge explosion. The results of said explosion made various substances, which cooled into rock which became planets. Te only reason we're the only known planet is simple - You throw a billion dishes with a bacteria which grows at 37.1 degrees Celsius in a room with extreme temperatures, at least will have the bacteria grown.

well i am with you on that, but its so fucked up knowing that a an explosion made so many things to the point we are talking about it right now

It was a huge explosion. I'm talking huge. he universe is still expanding.

the million dollar question that i still cant find any answer to

if there was no explosion, no big bang

what was there then?

or what caused the explosion ?

if i connect this theory with religion, then maybe this so called God guy made the explosion to form life from it. expanding and still getting bigger well what is at the other side that has not expanded yet?
each life has some form of a spirit inside , what's the source of this force

i am asking too many first grade questions LOL

There was an explosion. There is no logical explanation as to why a God would make the entire universe rather than our solar system.

the solar system runs on time, growth and age, we age and die because of the system it runs at, day and night makes us grow.

an explosion... could be this explosion is also smart, because it had a brain to make all these mathematical alignments and necessary elements to create life

There were no mathematical equations going on. It's pure luck we exist.

do you honestly believe it was pure luck

i really don't, we invented or found numbers that has rules if we followed them we could create and invent, without them we cant

even if did not learn them, we will eventually come across them or create something that used those numbers.

from my experience, nothing comes from pure luck.

or fate

chain effect, maybe

Well, not luck, use being here is me random chance. We invented math's and language.

ok, i will go with you with this about invention.

but how do you explain the revelations in Quran about the planets in space it even mentioned the name of the stars also some star that Nasa just discovered last year.

that book is 3000 years old, there was no telescope, how did they find out about it.

not just this, there are tons of info in that book, it could not be possible to know about it 2000 or 3000 years ago.

it talked about space, planets, stars, sea, animals and many scientific stuff.

how did they do it, and have this knowledge to write it in the past

The brightest star in space was mentioned in the Qu'ran and, Nasa only recently discovered it

THE STAR SIRIUS

The star Sirius appears in Surat an-Najm (meaning The Star). The double stars that comprise Sirius approach each other with their axes in a bow-shape once every 49.9 years. This astronomical phenomenon is indicated in the verses Surat an-Najm 9 and 49.

When certain concepts mentioned in the Qur'an are studied in the light of 21st century scientific discoveries we find ourselves imparted with yet more miracles of the Qur'an. One of these is the star Sirius, mentioned in Surat an-Najm 49:

it is He Who is the Lord of Sirius. (Qur'an, 53: 49)

The fact that the Arabic word "shiaara," the equivalent of the star Sirius, appears only in Surat an-Najm, meaning only "star," 49 is particularly striking. Because, considering the irregularity in the movement of Sirius, the brightest star in the night sky, as their starting point, scientists discovered that it was actually a double star. Sirius is actually a set of two stars, known as Sirius A and Sirius B. The larger of these is Sirius A, which is also the closer to the Earth and the brightest star that can be seen with the naked eye. Sirius B, however, cannot be seen without a telescope.

THE RELATIVITY OF TIME

Today, the relativity of time is a proven scientific fact. This was revealed by Einstein's theory of relativity during the early part of the 20th century. Until then, it was not known that time was relative, nor that it could change according to the circumstances. Yet, the renowned scientist Albert Einstein proved this fact by discovering the theory of relativity. He showed that time is dependent on mass and velocity.

However, the Qur'an had already included information about time's being relative! Some verses about the subject read:

A day with your Lord is equivalent to a thousand years in the way you count. (Qur'an, 22:47)

He directs the whole affair from heaven to earth. Then it will again ascend to Him on a Day whose length is a thousand years by the way you measure. (Qur'an, 32:5)

The angels and the Spirit ascend to Him in a day whose length is fifty thousand years. (Qur'an, 70:4)

The fact that the relativity of time is so definitely mentioned in the Qur'an, which began to be revealed in 610, is more evidence that it is a divine book.

This is a religion section so I posted these in favor to the show me proof crowd

And there is your evolution theory, it could be half right, or completely wrong

in conclulsion

What scientist did is find out when it started but the how and why, no one knows yet.
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2009 1:40:32 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/5/2009 4:57:05 PM, The_thinker wrote:
filler

There were no mathematical equations going on. It's pure luck we exist.

do you honestly believe it was pure luck

False dichotomy; the opposite of God driven design is not chaotic randomness it is the Law of identity.



chain effect, maybe

Getting closer; causality is a natural consequence of Identity.

Well, not luck, use being here is me random chance. We invented math's and language.

We may have invented the language of it per se, that does not alter the existent. Whether or not there is anyone to count two rocks on a beach, there is still two rocks on a beach.

but how do you explain the revelations in Quran about the planets in space it even mentioned the name of the stars also some star that Nasa just discovered last year.

Oh boy, Qur'anic science arguments are not new and rely on two main facets: 1. retrofitting initial scientific knowledge to obscure passages and 2. Claiming fantastic knowledge when cursory explanations are apparent (like objects appear bent in water, location of water in wells etc), add to that the highly plagiarised level of the Qur'an and you will encounter evidence of prior 'scientific' thinking errors, notably Greek and Persian in the text (such as the nature of blood/foetus/sperm/earthquakes/shape-size of the Earth).

The brightest star in space was mentioned in the Qu'ran and, Nasa only recently discovered it

THE STAR SIRIUS

This is probably the most common OMG THE QUR'AN HAS MYSTICAL KNOWLEDGE claims that's touted as far as I can tell from some absurd word of mouth (website) idiocy...

and is possible to be seen from fairly much any region of earth under 73.3 degrees - naked to the eye as well, well one of the stars is, see Sirius is a binary star system (Sirius A and B), a fact apparently neglected by the divinely inspired. As for Sirius B the smaller of the two stars, it was discovered in 1862. :)
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2009 10:58:50 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Since I_am_panda is only a high school student, and im actually on my fourth year at the university of Toronto majoring in microbiology, i doubt we will have the same discussion.

At 10/5/2009 4:57:05 PM, The_thinker wrote:
i do believe that something created the first man or thing that reproduced the rest of us. be it the fairy tail of Adam and eve or the ape that
Okay.
if you think about it, it sound too perfect to be just an explosion

Sounds too perfect in order for what to occur?

what was there before this explosion, what the hell is all that black space and why is there so many stars in it. it eats me just thinking what would it be like if none of this existed

We dont know what was there before the explosion. That black space is a void. The reason there are so many stars is because the original big bang was capable of producing so much energy, that when distributed, each star received a portion of that energy.

First, the option isnt "All of this existed" or "None of this existed". Infact, there are many other options, such as "Some of this existed", or "Even more of this existed", or "Some of this existed, some of other things to which we have no knowledge of, also existed". So it shouldnt eat you up that none of this could not have existed, because there are an infinite number of ways that this universe could have turned out.

The Big Bang Theory: There are many misconceptions about this. Let's says Time is infinite (Which it probably is). If time is, there was no definitive starting point of anything, but everything from our point of view (i.e. OUR universe) had some starting point. Furthermore, the Big Bang caused a huge explosion. The results of said explosion made various substances, which cooled into rock which became planets. Te only reason we're the only known planet is simple - You throw a billion dishes with a bacteria which grows at 37.1 degrees Celsius in a room with extreme temperatures, at least will have the bacteria grown.
You are correct. The big bang has many misconceptions. And you are obviously not well informed.

First, the big bang was not an explosion. It was an expansion of space/time.

Second, were not the only known planet. Are you kidding me. Mars. Jupiter. Saturn. What century are you living in?

well i am with you on that, but its so fucked up knowing that a an explosion made so many things to the point we are talking about it right now

Why is it so f*ed up? Do you have a reason, or is this just your personal feeling?

the million dollar question that i still cant find any answer to

if there was no explosion, no big bang
what was there then?
What do you mean by "If there was no big bang"? Im not aware of any alternative theory with the same, or better evidence to support it.
or what caused the explosion ?
What caused the expansion? We dont know.
if i connect this theory with religion, then maybe this so called God guy made the explosion to form life from it. expanding and still getting bigger well what is at the other side that has not expanded yet?
The void. But if youre going to use the God explanation, why bother with the big bang at all? God couldve sneezed and created the universe. He couldve farted and created the universe.
each life has some form of a spirit inside , what's the source of this force
No, each life has no form of spirit inside.

There were no mathematical equations going on. It's pure luck we exist.
Yup
do you honestly believe it was pure luck
Yup
i really don't, we invented or found numbers that has rules if we followed them we could create and invent, without them we cant
Yes, and are you aware that these numbers can change, and we would still exist? So clearly this universe doesnt have to be exactly what it is now, for us to exist. What does that tell you?

from my experience, nothing comes from pure luck.
Oh really? Ever play Poker?
or fate
I dont believe in Fate either.
but how do you explain the revelations in Quran about the planets in space it even mentioned the name of the stars also some star that Nasa just discovered last year.
Are you kidding me? Prophecies that are written in any holy book fails, miserably.

not just this, there are tons of info in that book, it could not be possible to know about it 2000 or 3000 years ago.
I thought the Quran was revealed to Muhammed in 600 AD.
it talked about space, planets, stars, sea, animals and many scientific stuff.
And it was wrong on many scientific stuff as well.
The brightest star in space was mentioned in the Qu'ran and, Nasa only recently discovered it
Uh, no. In ancient Rome, for example, the Star Sirius was used as a marking for the hottest day for Ancient Rome, and the Egyptians used it as a marking for the flooding of the Nile.
The star Sirius appears in Surat an-Najm (meaning The Star). The double stars that comprise Sirius approach each other with their axes in a bow-shape once every 49.9 years. This astronomical phenomenon is indicated in the verses Surat an-Najm 9 and 49.
Actually, the binary stars of Sirius approach each other in just over 50 years. You have to get your facts straight, mister.
The fact that the Arabic word "shiaara," the equivalent of the star Sirius, appears only in Surat an-Najm, meaning only "star," 49 is particularly striking. Because, considering the irregularity in the movement of Sirius, the brightest star in the night sky, as their starting point, scientists discovered that it was actually a double star. Sirius is actually a set of two stars, known as Sirius A and Sirius B. The larger of these is Sirius A, which is also the closer to the Earth and the brightest star that can be seen with the naked eye. Sirius B, however, cannot be seen without a telescope.
It isnt at all, when you consider that the number is off. Sorry mate.

The fact that the relativity of time is so definitely mentioned in the Qur'an, which began to be revealed in 610, is more evidence that it is a divine book.
How exactly is this relativity?

First off, this assumes that God cannot travel faster than light. Relativity only applies to objects that are moving slower than the speed of light.

Secondly, does this mean that when you are ascending to heaven, it will take you fifty thousand years to reach it? Seriously?

However, i shall explain why this isnt relativity at all.

When you read Genesis, God clearly says that if you eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge, in that day, you shall surely die.

But wait, Adam lived to be 900 years old!

How do we solve this problem? Make Gods day, a thousand years!

The reason why Adams lifespan was so large, is because the authors of the Old Testament were practicing the sumerian religion, which diefies their previous kings by giving them ridiculous ages. Dumuzid, the Shepherd, for example, from Bad-tibira, reigned as King for 36000 years.

And there is your evolution theory, it could be half right, or completely wrong
Or, it could be completely right.
What scientist did is find out when it started but the how and why, no one knows yet.
how? The big bang. When? 13 billion years ago.

However, the reason why the question of 'why' and the question of 'how', are the same, is because its a stupid word game. And to prove my point, i dare you to give me ANY question that posits the why, and i will gauruntee i can spin it to posit the How, and it will STILL result in the same answer. Seriously.

So far, all your arguments fail. Miserably. Im not sure how I_am_panda answered your questions, but if it were me, i wouldve had a field day with you.
The_thinker
Posts: 67
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2009 12:24:58 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
So far, all your arguments fail. Miserably. Im not sure how I_am_panda answered your questions, but if it were me, i wouldve had a field day with you.

would it help you if i said i was born a muslim and went thru hell declining and changing my faith?

i have all the answers i needed to know, and i am happy now