All muslims believe in Jesus

qais.ibrahim1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 3:45:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Alsalam aleikum and hello everyone...

The belief in Jesus (and all other messengers of God) is required in Islam, and a requirement of being a Muslim. The Quran mentions Jesus by name twenty-five times...
and here are some verses about Maryam(Peace be upon her):

"And remember when the angels said, 'Oh Mary,ALLAH has chosen you and purified you and chosen you above all women of the time

'O Mary, be obedient to thy Lord and prostrate thyself and worship the one God with those who worship HIM.'

When the angels said, 'O Mary, ALLAH gives you glad tidings of a son through a word from HIM; his name shall be the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, honoured in this world and in the next, and of those who are granted nearness to God;
'And he shall speak to the people in the cradle, and when of middle age, and he shall be of the righteous.

She said, 'My Lord, how shall I have a son, when no man has touched me? He said, 'Such is the way of ALLAH. HE creates what HE pleases. When HE decrees a thing HE says to it 'Be,' and it is;""Qur'an, Surah 3:38-48

Qais Ibrahim From Baghdad
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 5:05:31 PM
At 11/2/2012 3:45:37 PM, qais.ibrahim1 wrote:

The belief in Jesus (and all other messengers of God) is required in Islam, and a requirement of being a Muslim. The Quran mentions Jesus by name twenty-five times...

"And remember when the angels said, 'Oh Mary,ALLAH has chosen you and purified you and chosen you above all women of the time

'O Mary, be obedient to thy Lord and prostrate thyself and worship the one God with those who worship HIM.'

When the angels said, 'O Mary, ALLAH gives you glad tidings of a son through a word from HIM; his name shall be the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, honoured in this world and in the next, and of those who are granted nearness to God;
'And he shall speak to the people in the cradle, and when of middle age, and he shall be of the righteous.

She said, 'My Lord, how shall I have a son, when no man has touched me? He said, 'Such is the way of ALLAH. HE creates what HE pleases. When HE decrees a thing HE says to it 'Be,' and it is;""Qur'an, Surah 3:38-48

But not the Jesus of the New Testament, not the only begotten Son of the living God, and hence not the true God either..
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 5:11:00 PM
At 11/2/2012 5:05:31 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
But not the Jesus of the New Testament, not the only begotten Son of the living God, and hence not the true God either..

How do you know?
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 9:14:23 AM
At 11/2/2012 5:11:00 PM, pozessed wrote:

How do you know?

Either the Jesus of the Koran is true or the Jesus of the New Testament; because the texts contradict one other..

So his statement is either an error or cowardice; he must say my Jesus is wrong and his is right, not that we believe in the same one.
wiploc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 9:32:58 AM
I see. So, if someone points out a contradiction within the bible, we are to reinterpret the text until the contradiction goes away; but if someone points out a contradiction between the bible and something else, we are to call them names. Good rule.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 9:45:22 AM
At 11/4/2012 9:32:58 AM, wiploc wrote:
I see. So, if someone points out a contradiction within the bible, we are to reinterpret the text until the contradiction goes away; but if someone points out a contradiction between the bible and something else, we are to call them names. Good rule.

No, if someone points out a seeming contradiction within the Bible I'll put them straight..
Clash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 11:19:26 AM
At 11/4/2012 9:14:23 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 11/2/2012 5:11:00 PM, pozessed wrote:

How do you know?

Either the Jesus of the Koran is true or the Jesus of the New Testament; because the texts contradict one other..

So his statement is either an error or cowardice; he must say my Jesus is wrong and his is right, not that we believe in the same one.

I agree with you that either the Jesus of the Quran is true or the Jesus of the New Testament, because the texts contradict one another. I also agree with you that either Jesus of the Quran is the right Jesus or the Jesus of the Bible. However, this doesn't mean that we don't essentially believe in the same Jesus. We are still talking about the same Jesus, although the Quran and the Bible differ in regards to some things, like for example who Jesus really was and what he really preached.
wiploc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 12:12:54 PM
At 11/4/2012 11:19:26 AM, Clash wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:14:23 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
I agree with you that either the Jesus of the Quran is true or the Jesus of the New Testament, because the texts contradict one another.

Contradiction doesn't prove that one of them is true. It proves that at least one of them is false.

I also agree with you that either Jesus of the Quran is the right Jesus or the Jesus of the Bible. However, this doesn't mean that we don't essentially believe in the same Jesus. We are still talking about the same Jesus, although the Quran and the Bible differ in regards to some things, like for example who Jesus really was and what he really preached.

Good point. Well said.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 12:38:09 PM
At 11/2/2012 3:45:37 PM, qais.ibrahim1 wrote:

Bu they don't believe he is the son of god. Those infidels! *sarcasm*
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 1:24:43 PM
At 11/4/2012 11:19:26 AM, Clash wrote:
I agree with you that either the Jesus of the Quran is true or the Jesus of the New Testament, because the texts contradict one another. I also agree with you that either Jesus of the Quran is the right Jesus or the Jesus of the Bible. However, this doesn't mean that we don't essentially believe in the same Jesus. We are still talking about the same Jesus, although the Quran and the Bible differ in regards to some things, like for example who Jesus really was and what he really preached.

During what estimated years was the part of the Quran written which talks about the life of Jesus?