Total Posts:63|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

True Face of Sharia Law

blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 6:01:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Parents Attack Daughter With Acid
By MUHAMMED LILA | ABC News " Fri, Nov 2, 2012

Email
Share
1
Print

Pakistani parents in a remote village allegedly killed their 15-year-old daughter by pouring acid all over her face and body after they caught her talking to an unknown boy, according to local police and hospital officials.

The incident happened in Kotli, a small town in Pakistan-administered Kashmir. The parents allegedly confessed to the attack after she spoke with a boy outside their house.

According to local police, the girl's father, Mohammed Zafar, became enraged when he found his teenage daughter, Anvu Shah, with the boy outside their home.

In many rural areas of Pakistan, deeply conservative social traditions forbid girls to speak or be seen with boys who are not related by blood.

"Zafar beat her up and then poured acid over her with the help of his wife," Tahir Ayub, a police officer, told Agence France Presse.

"She was badly burnt, but they did not take her to hospital until the next morning, and she died on Wednesday," he said.

Local media reports, citing hospital officials, say her death was slow and excruciatingly painful. The girl was brought to hospital with third degree burns all over her body, including her face, arms, and chest. Police were reportedly alerted to the attack by one of Shah's female relatives.

Her parents have now been charged with murder.
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 6:03:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The mother initially told the hospital their daughter tried to commit suicide.

I vote that these scumbags be beat by the police and then suffer death by acid.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 6:40:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
What does this have to do with the 'True Face of Sharia Law' again?
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 6:47:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 6:40:25 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
What does this have to do with the 'True Face of Sharia Law' again?

This was done in the name of Islam and Sharia Law.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 6:51:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 6:47:28 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:40:25 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
What does this have to do with the 'True Face of Sharia Law' again?

This was done in the name of Islam and Sharia Law.

Where does it say that in the OP?
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 6:55:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 6:51:29 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:47:28 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:40:25 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
What does this have to do with the 'True Face of Sharia Law' again?

This was done in the name of Islam and Sharia Law.

Where does it say that in the OP?

It is implied. An analysis of Sharia Law and Islam reveal these types of killings in every single Islamic nation as well as nations in which Muslims are present, such as the United States.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:57:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Similar things happen in the West. Nobody puts the West under one umbrella in such cases. You don't understand anything about Islamic Law, let alone whether or not its applied anywhere today.
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 9:22:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 8:57:24 AM, Mirza wrote:
Similar things happen in the West.
Please prove that these types of killings are consistently done by Western society.
Nobody puts the West under one umbrella in such cases.
All Islamic nations and many Muslims in the West have these problems, so this is obviously something that is part of Islam. What else besides Islam do Bangladeshesis have in common with people who do this in the United States?
You don't understand anything about Islamic Law, let alone whether or not its applied anywhere today.

I understand parts of Islamic law, such as the provision that you will obtain 72 virgins after death as well as the notion that note that if somebody kills your wife, you should kill his wife in return.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 9:24:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 6:55:06 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:51:29 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:47:28 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:40:25 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
What does this have to do with the 'True Face of Sharia Law' again?

This was done in the name of Islam and Sharia Law.

Where does it say that in the OP?

It is implied. An analysis of Sharia Law and Islam reveal these types of killings in every single Islamic nation as well as nations in which Muslims are present, such as the United States.

I don't know Sharia Law so I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I've still seen no evidence that this event is directly tied to Sharia Law or Islam.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 9:25:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 9:24:52 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:55:06 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:51:29 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:47:28 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:40:25 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
What does this have to do with the 'True Face of Sharia Law' again?

This was done in the name of Islam and Sharia Law.

Where does it say that in the OP?

It is implied. An analysis of Sharia Law and Islam reveal these types of killings in every single Islamic nation as well as nations in which Muslims are present, such as the United States.

I don't know Sharia Law so I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I've still seen no evidence that this event is directly tied to Sharia Law or Islam.

What does a Bangladeshi who conducts honor killings have in common with a Muslim who carries out honor killings in Saudi Arabia and a Muslim who carries out honor killings in the United States?
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 9:28:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 9:25:53 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:24:52 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:55:06 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:51:29 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:47:28 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:40:25 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
What does this have to do with the 'True Face of Sharia Law' again?

This was done in the name of Islam and Sharia Law.

Where does it say that in the OP?

It is implied. An analysis of Sharia Law and Islam reveal these types of killings in every single Islamic nation as well as nations in which Muslims are present, such as the United States.

I don't know Sharia Law so I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I've still seen no evidence that this event is directly tied to Sharia Law or Islam.

What does a Bangladeshi who conducts honor killings have in common with a Muslim who carries out honor killings in Saudi Arabia and a Muslim who carries out honor killings in the United States?

How the hell am I supposed to know?

You're really restricting the information you're providing to me in these instances so there is only one thing in common, but in the real world you don't find people who have only the two characteristics of Location and Religion.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 9:30:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 9:28:01 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:25:53 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:24:52 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:55:06 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:51:29 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:47:28 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:40:25 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
What does this have to do with the 'True Face of Sharia Law' again?

This was done in the name of Islam and Sharia Law.

Where does it say that in the OP?

It is implied. An analysis of Sharia Law and Islam reveal these types of killings in every single Islamic nation as well as nations in which Muslims are present, such as the United States.

I don't know Sharia Law so I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I've still seen no evidence that this event is directly tied to Sharia Law or Islam.

What does a Bangladeshi who conducts honor killings have in common with a Muslim who carries out honor killings in Saudi Arabia and a Muslim who carries out honor killings in the United States?

How the hell am I supposed to know?

You're really restricting the information you're providing to me in these instances so there is only one thing in common, but in the real world you don't find people who have only the two characteristics of Location and Religion.

The only thing that these three individuals have in common is their religion. Their cultures differ, their governments differ, etc. What else could they possibly have in common?
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 9:33:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 9:30:22 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:28:01 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:25:53 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:24:52 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:55:06 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:51:29 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:47:28 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:40:25 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
What does this have to do with the 'True Face of Sharia Law' again?

This was done in the name of Islam and Sharia Law.

Where does it say that in the OP?

It is implied. An analysis of Sharia Law and Islam reveal these types of killings in every single Islamic nation as well as nations in which Muslims are present, such as the United States.

I don't know Sharia Law so I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I've still seen no evidence that this event is directly tied to Sharia Law or Islam.

What does a Bangladeshi who conducts honor killings have in common with a Muslim who carries out honor killings in Saudi Arabia and a Muslim who carries out honor killings in the United States?

How the hell am I supposed to know?

You're really restricting the information you're providing to me in these instances so there is only one thing in common, but in the real world you don't find people who have only the two characteristics of Location and Religion.

The only thing that these three individuals have in common is their religion. Their cultures differ, their governments differ, etc. What else could they possibly have in common?

You've only given each of those three people two characteristics: Location and Religion, and you purposely made Location different for each of them. Of course they're only going to have one thing in common.

Potentially they could have loads of other things in common.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 9:36:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 9:33:07 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:30:22 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:28:01 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:25:53 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:24:52 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:55:06 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:51:29 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:47:28 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:40:25 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
What does this have to do with the 'True Face of Sharia Law' again?

This was done in the name of Islam and Sharia Law.

Where does it say that in the OP?

It is implied. An analysis of Sharia Law and Islam reveal these types of killings in every single Islamic nation as well as nations in which Muslims are present, such as the United States.

I don't know Sharia Law so I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I've still seen no evidence that this event is directly tied to Sharia Law or Islam.

What does a Bangladeshi who conducts honor killings have in common with a Muslim who carries out honor killings in Saudi Arabia and a Muslim who carries out honor killings in the United States?

How the hell am I supposed to know?

You're really restricting the information you're providing to me in these instances so there is only one thing in common, but in the real world you don't find people who have only the two characteristics of Location and Religion.

The only thing that these three individuals have in common is their religion. Their cultures differ, their governments differ, etc. What else could they possibly have in common?

You've only given each of those three people two characteristics: Location and Religion, and you purposely made Location different for each of them. Of course they're only going to have one thing in common.

Potentially they could have loads of other things in common.

Please explain what else they have in common and then give examples of people from other cultures and locations with that same characteristic who committed this. Also provide evidence that the honor killings are not most concentrated amongst Muslims.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 9:41:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 9:36:57 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:33:07 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:30:22 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:28:01 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:25:53 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:24:52 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:55:06 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:51:29 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:47:28 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:40:25 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
What does this have to do with the 'True Face of Sharia Law' again?

This was done in the name of Islam and Sharia Law.

Where does it say that in the OP?

It is implied. An analysis of Sharia Law and Islam reveal these types of killings in every single Islamic nation as well as nations in which Muslims are present, such as the United States.

I don't know Sharia Law so I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I've still seen no evidence that this event is directly tied to Sharia Law or Islam.

What does a Bangladeshi who conducts honor killings have in common with a Muslim who carries out honor killings in Saudi Arabia and a Muslim who carries out honor killings in the United States?

How the hell am I supposed to know?

You're really restricting the information you're providing to me in these instances so there is only one thing in common, but in the real world you don't find people who have only the two characteristics of Location and Religion.

The only thing that these three individuals have in common is their religion. Their cultures differ, their governments differ, etc. What else could they possibly have in common?

You've only given each of those three people two characteristics: Location and Religion, and you purposely made Location different for each of them. Of course they're only going to have one thing in common.

Potentially they could have loads of other things in common.

Please explain what else they have in common

Like I repeatedly said, given that you've given me three people with only two enumerated characteristics, I am not able to know what else they have in common. However, there are tons of things they could have in common.

They could all hate children.

They could all love honor killings.

They could all be very socially conservative.

I don't know because you provided me pretty much no information on them except the information that served your argument. You can't reduce people to one trait and expect that to communicate their character in full.

and then give examples of people from other cultures and locations with that same characteristic who committed this. Also provide evidence that the honor killings are not most concentrated amongst Muslims.

Correlation/Causation fallacy, unless you can provide me with something from Sharia Law that says 'Honor Kill'.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Clash
Posts: 220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 9:58:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
blameworthy, you said that this was done in the name of Islam and the Sharia law. This, however, is a non-sequitur. Sure, this may have been done in the name of Islam and the Sharia law, but it doesn't therefore follow that Islam itself or the Shariah law allows this. Nowhere does the Sharia law say that the girl or the boy should be killed if they go out with someone of their opposite sex.

This horrible thing, as the article said, happened in a place with deeply conservative social traditions which forbid girls to speak or be seen with boys who are not related by blood. What happened to this girl has probably more to do with these people's culture, etc. Your title is completely false. It should rather be something like this: "A girl was killed by her father in Pakistan". Simple as that.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 10:33:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 9:22:26 AM, blameworthy wrote:
Please prove that these types of killings are consistently done by Western society.
I didn't mention that word. Learn to read. I said it happens in the West too. Not is a similarly traditional manner, but people do these insane things. http://www.dailymail.co.uk... http://usatoday30.usatoday.com...

All Islamic nations and many Muslims in the West have these problems, so this is obviously something that is part of Islam. What else besides Islam do Bangladeshesis have in common with people who do this in the United States?
Have you ever thought of, uh, the involvement of culture in any of this? Have you paid attention to how Muslims in India tend to follow the caste system - a Hindu concept - but they don't do that in Africa? Muslims were scattered around the world for centuries, and what they do now is often reflected by their cultures that they inherited, NOT Islamic Law.

I understand parts of Islamic law, such as the provision that you will obtain 72 virgins after death as well as the notion that note that if somebody kills your wife, you should kill his wife in return.
If you're going to use vicious attacks, at least read something about it, understand? There is no authentic reference in Islamic texts to 72 virgins, there is NOTHING which suggests you're encouraged to kill someone's wife if he kills yours, and stop babbling already.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 10:35:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
And where is Lordknukle to debate this? He probably believes the same as you, and keeps running away from formal debate. Stand up for what you spit out, kids.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 10:37:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 10:35:26 AM, Mirza wrote:
And where is Lordknukle to debate this? He probably believes the same as you, and keeps running away from formal debate. Stand up for what you spit out, kids.
Account deactivated I guess. I sense improvement on the site.
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 11:49:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 9:41:33 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:36:57 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:33:07 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:30:22 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:28:01 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:25:53 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:24:52 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:55:06 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:51:29 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:47:28 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:40:25 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
What does this have to do with the 'True Face of Sharia Law' again?

This was done in the name of Islam and Sharia Law.

Where does it say that in the OP?

It is implied. An analysis of Sharia Law and Islam reveal these types of killings in every single Islamic nation as well as nations in which Muslims are present, such as the United States.

I don't know Sharia Law so I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I've still seen no evidence that this event is directly tied to Sharia Law or Islam.

What does a Bangladeshi who conducts honor killings have in common with a Muslim who carries out honor killings in Saudi Arabia and a Muslim who carries out honor killings in the United States?

How the hell am I supposed to know?

You're really restricting the information you're providing to me in these instances so there is only one thing in common, but in the real world you don't find people who have only the two characteristics of Location and Religion.

The only thing that these three individuals have in common is their religion. Their cultures differ, their governments differ, etc. What else could they possibly have in common?

You've only given each of those three people two characteristics: Location and Religion, and you purposely made Location different for each of them. Of course they're only going to have one thing in common.

Potentially they could have loads of other things in common.

Please explain what else they have in common

Like I repeatedly said, given that you've given me three people with only two enumerated characteristics, I am not able to know what else they have in common. However, there are tons of things they could have in common.

They could all hate children.

This cannot be the cause since many people across a variety of cultures hate children and simply opt not to produce any. In addition, these child haters from other cultures do not conduct honor killings.
They could all love honor killings.

Many honor killers have expressed sorrow at having to carry them out, so his cannot be the cause.
They could all be very socially conservative.

Socially conservative individuals from non-Islamic cultures do not conduct honor killings, so this cannot be the cause. The Copts in Egypt do not carry out honor killings and they live in the same society as the Muslims.
I don't know because you provided me pretty much no information on them except the information that served your argument. You can't reduce people to one trait and expect that to communicate their character in full.

You should do the research yourself. It is not my job to do research for you.
and then give examples of people from other cultures and locations with that same characteristic who committed this. Also provide evidence that the honor killings are not most concentrated amongst Muslims.

Correlation/Causation fallacy, unless you can provide me with something from Sharia Law that says 'Honor Kill'.

So you think that Muslims across the Earth randomly decided to honor kill their children for having the audacity to fraternize with members of the opposite sex?
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 11:50:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 9:58:32 AM, Clash wrote:
blameworthy, you said that this was done in the name of Islam and the Sharia law. This, however, is a non-sequitur. Sure, this may have been done in the name of Islam and the Sharia law, but it doesn't therefore follow that Islam itself or the Shariah law allows this. Nowhere does the Sharia law say that the girl or the boy should be killed if they go out with someone of their opposite sex.

This horrible thing, as the article said, happened in a place with deeply conservative social traditions which forbid girls to speak or be seen with boys who are not related by blood. What happened to this girl has probably more to do with these people's culture, etc. Your title is completely false. It should rather be something like this: "A girl was killed by her father in Pakistan". Simple as that.

Honor killings are conducted by Muslims across a variety of cultures. I can guarantee that there are Muslim honor killers in your own Muslim nation.
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 11:56:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 10:33:45 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:22:26 AM, blameworthy wrote:
Please prove that these types of killings are consistently done by Western society.
I didn't mention that word. Learn to read.
Your post is basically irrelevant since this discussion is about honor killings. You, not I, are the individual who needs to learn to read.
I said it happens in the West too. Not is a similarly traditional manner, but people do these insane things. http://www.dailymail.co.uk... http://usatoday30.usatoday.com...

There is no pattern to these acid killings in the West. There is a consistent pattern of honor killings at the hands of Islamicists across the world.
All Islamic nations and many Muslims in the West have these problems, so this is obviously something that is part of Islam. What else besides Islam do Bangladeshesis have in common with people who do this in the United States?
Have you ever thought of, uh, the involvement of culture in any of this? Have you paid attention to how Muslims in India tend to follow the caste system - a Hindu concept - but they don't do that in Africa? Muslims were scattered around the world for centuries, and what they do now is often reflected by their cultures that they inherited, NOT Islamic Law.

As I mentioned and as you chose to ignore, there are Muslim honor killers in the United States as well as in Bangladesh. Please explain why honor killings are not prevalent amongst non-Muslims in the United States as well as the manner in which the United States culture promotes honor killings.
I understand parts of Islamic law, such as the provision that you will obtain 72 virgins after death as well as the notion that note that if somebody kills your wife, you should kill his wife in return.
If you're going to use vicious attacks, at least read something about it, understand? There is no authentic reference in Islamic texts to 72 virgins,
The Quaran says that you will receive sex slaves if you die for Allah.
there is NOTHING which suggests you're encouraged to kill someone's wife if he kills yours, and stop babbling already.
This is simply not true. In Surah 2 of the Quaran, as reparations for cases of murder, a woman is to be traded for a woman, a brother for a brother, etc. In essence, innocent people are being killed for the crimes of others.
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 11:57:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mirza, do you deny that Sura 2 advocates killing a woman to pay for a murdered woman?

Please do not attempt to practice taqqiyah. I have an English translation from the Quaran in front of me.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 11:56:48 AM, blameworthy wrote:
Your post is basically irrelevant since this discussion is about honor killings. You, not I, are the individual who needs to learn to read.
I didn't say they are consistently done in the West. I said people do sick things regardless of their faiths and cultures. The people who kill their daughters due to their love-lives is more of a tradition in some Islamic countries, but NOT because of Islam.

There is no pattern to these acid killings in the West. There is a consistent pattern of honor killings at the hands of Islamicists across the world.
Because of the culture. Why are there far fewer cases of honor killings amongst Muslims in say, Turkey, Albania, and Bosnia? Because honor killing were never part of the culture once Muslims got into these lands. Read some history, Ma'am.

As I mentioned and as you chose to ignore, there are Muslim honor killers in the United States as well as in Bangladesh. Please explain why honor killings are not prevalent amongst non-Muslims in the United States
But those Muslims come from the same countries whose cultures often praise honor killings! We don't see honor killings in Muslim countries where honor killings weren't part of the culture during the time Muslims started settling in them.

as well as the manner in which the United States culture promotes honor killings.
Never said it does. Stick to what I say. Strawman someone else -- Understand?

The Quaran says that you will receive sex slaves if you die for Allah.
No, it doesn't. It calls them faithful servants and does NOT mention 72 virgins. By dying for Allah, the Quran never refers to killing innocent people and dying in the process.

This is simply not true.
No it's not, you have not studied any of your claims.

In Surah 2 of the Quaran, as reparations for cases of murder, a woman is to be traded for a woman, a brother for a brother, etc. In essence, innocent people are being killed for the crimes of others.
Give me the reference!
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 12:13:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 11:57:37 AM, blameworthy wrote:
Mirza, do you deny that Sura 2 advocates killing a woman to pay for a murdered woman?
Yes, give me the reference.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 1:49:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 11:49:12 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:41:33 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
Like I repeatedly said, given that you've given me three people with only two enumerated characteristics, I am not able to know what else they have in common. However, there are tons of things they could have in common.

They could all hate children.

This cannot be the cause since many people across a variety of cultures hate children and simply opt not to produce any. In addition, these child haters from other cultures do not conduct honor killings.

Cultures. See? You've removed Islam from the equation entirely in this response.

They could all love honor killings.

Many honor killers have expressed sorrow at having to carry them out, so his cannot be the cause.

Why not? They obviously felt that honor killing was important enough to override their sorrow, didn't they?

They could all be very socially conservative.

Socially conservative individuals from non-Islamic cultures do not conduct honor killings, so this cannot be the cause. The Copts in Egypt do not carry out honor killings and they live in the same society as the Muslims.

Really.

I don't know because you provided me pretty much no information on them except the information that served your argument. You can't reduce people to one trait and expect that to communicate their character in full.

You should do the research yourself. It is not my job to do research for you.

If you're going to make a claim, you ought to support it. So far, the only tie I've seen to Islam is very circumstantial. You haven't provided a single Islamic source saying 'Carry out honor killings', and that right there makes me suspicious.

I'm not a Muslim. I couldn't care less. It just seems to me you've made a very provocatively titled thread without supporting the connections you allege to exist.

and then give examples of people from other cultures and locations with that same characteristic who committed this. Also provide evidence that the honor killings are not most concentrated amongst Muslims.

Correlation/Causation fallacy, unless you can provide me with something from Sharia Law that says 'Honor Kill'.

So you think that Muslims across the Earth randomly decided to honor kill their children for having the audacity to fraternize with members of the opposite sex?

Possibly. You still haven't provided any reason to think this isn't a correlation/causation fallacy.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:40:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 12:12:56 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/4/2012 11:56:48 AM, blameworthy wrote:
Your post is basically irrelevant since this discussion is about honor killings. You, not I, are the individual who needs to learn to read.
I didn't say they are consistently done in the West. I said people do sick things regardless of their faiths and cultures. The people who kill their daughters due to their love-lives is more of a tradition in some Islamic countries, but NOT because of Islam.

Why is there a consistent pattern of Muzzies doing it if this is the case?
There is no pattern to these acid killings in the West. There is a consistent pattern of honor killings at the hands of Islamicists across the world.
Because of the culture. Why are there far fewer cases of honor killings amongst Muslims in say, Turkey, Albania, and Bosnia? Because honor killing were never part of the culture once Muslims got into these lands. Read some history, Ma'am.

Those countries have altered and secularized Islam and thus should not be compared to normal Islamic nations. I have no problem with Turkey's version of Islam, which restricts many of the evil practices. Notice, however, that old habits die hard and that honor killings are still more prevalent in Turkey than they are amongst non-Muzzies.
As I mentioned and as you chose to ignore, there are Muslim honor killers in the United States as well as in Bangladesh. Please explain why honor killings are not prevalent amongst non-Muslims in the United States
But those Muslims come from the same countries whose cultures often praise honor killings! We don't see honor killings in Muslim countries where honor killings weren't part of the culture during the time Muslims started settling in them.

Please provide evidence for this bare assertion.
as well as the manner in which the United States culture promotes honor killings.
Never said it does. Stick to what I say. Strawman someone else -- Understand?

This is not a strawman because you said that the Muslims who honor kill are taking on the culture of the countries they are in.
The Quaran says that you will receive sex slaves if you die for Allah.
No, it doesn't. It calls them faithful servants
It is widely accepted by Muzzie apologists that they will be big-breasted virgin sex slaves. Please do not practice taqqiyah. The basis of your culture is enslaving faithful Islamic women in life and in "heaven". As a reward for being good Muzzies, your women are forced into harems in the afterlife.
and does NOT mention 72 virgins. By dying for Allah, the Quran never refers to killing innocent people and dying in the process.

This is simply not true.
No it's not, you have not studied any of your claims.

In Surah 2 of the Quaran, as reparations for cases of murder, a woman is to be traded for a woman, a brother for a brother, etc. In essence, innocent people are being killed for the crimes of others.
Give me the reference!
Sura 2: 178

O you who have believed, prescribed for you is legal retribution for those murdered - the free for the free, the slave for the slave, and the female for the female. But whoever overlooks from his brother anything, then there should be a suitable follow-up and payment to him with good conduct. This is an alleviation from your Lord and a mercy. But whoever transgresses after that will have a painful punishment.
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:41:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have just provided proof that either Mirza has not read the Quran or that he was practicing taqqiyah by denying that the Koran advocates murder of innocents in retribution for murder.
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:45:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 1:49:06 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/4/2012 11:49:12 AM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/4/2012 9:41:33 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
Like I repeatedly said, given that you've given me three people with only two enumerated characteristics, I am not able to know what else they have in common. However, there are tons of things they could have in common.

They could all hate children.

This cannot be the cause since many people across a variety of cultures hate children and simply opt not to produce any. In addition, these child haters from other cultures do not conduct honor killings.

Cultures. See? You've removed Islam from the equation entirely in this response.

Absolutely not. Islam defines the Muzzie culture. In addition, your claim was that it is cultural, and my argument is that if we ignore religion and examine other cultures, this is not the case.
They could all love honor killings.

Many honor killers have expressed sorrow at having to carry them out, so his cannot be the cause.

Why not? They obviously felt that honor killing was important enough to override their sorrow, didn't they?

Yes, because their Muzzie faith told them to.
They could all be very socially conservative.

Socially conservative individuals from non-Islamic cultures do not conduct honor killings, so this cannot be the cause. The Copts in Egypt do not carry out honor killings and they live in the same society as the Muslims.

Really.

Yes, really.
I don't know because you provided me pretty much no information on them except the information that served your argument. You can't reduce people to one trait and expect that to communicate their character in full.

You should do the research yourself. It is not my job to do research for you.

If you're going to make a claim, you ought to support it. So far, the only tie I've seen to Islam is very circumstantial. You haven't provided a single Islamic source saying 'Carry out honor killings', and that right there makes me suspicious.

I cannot find the sources because the Muzzies practice taqqiyah so that it is impossible to find unless you are a Muzzie. I can only examine the consistent pattern and draw my conclusions.
I'm not a Muslim. I couldn't care less. It just seems to me you've made a very provocatively titled thread without supporting the connections you allege to exist.

and then give examples of people from other cultures and locations with that same characteristic who committed this. Also provide evidence that the honor killings are not most concentrated amongst Muslims.

Correlation/Causation fallacy, unless you can provide me with something from Sharia Law that says 'Honor Kill'.

So you think that Muslims across the Earth randomly decided to honor kill their children for having the audacity to fraternize with members of the opposite sex?

Possibly. You still haven't provided any reason to think this isn't a correlation/causation fallacy.

Wow. I cannot believe you think it is more likely that Muzzies across the Earth randomly decided to conduct honor killings than that Islam is responsible for it.