Total Posts:81|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Pacal's wager

badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 5:52:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Refuted by contradicting possibilities, blah - how about when you keep it simple? You're dogmatically scientific, all your beliefs and preferences stemming from nothing but the material, the seen. Humanity is but mechanics. Your own personal biological appeasement is, up until now, everything. Ask yourself, what if there is a God? How do you feel? Guilty?
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 6:10:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 6:04:40 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
What if I lived in North Korea?

What if you were supposed to be helping those living in North Korea?
signature
Dogknox
Posts: 5,059
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 6:50:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is NO God!
They have "FAITH" there is NO God!
They can't PROVE there is NO God!!

They have their FAITH and Beliefs just as Christians.

They "Atheists" have why more to lose if they are wrong, then the Christian.
If the Christian is wrong all they lose is a little time spent in prayer!
If the Atheist is wrong they end up being.. "United with Satan" in a white hot ball of pure burning hate; Becoming ONE with Satan their father!

Dogknox
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 6:53:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 6:50:10 PM, Dogknox wrote:
The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is NO God!
They have "FAITH" there is NO God!
They can't PROVE there is NO God!!

They have their FAITH and Beliefs just as Christians.

They "Atheists" have why more to lose if they are wrong, then the Christian.
If the Christian is wrong all they lose is a little time spent in prayer!
If the Atheist is wrong they end up being.. "United with Satan" in a white hot ball of pure burning hate; Becoming ONE with Satan their father!

Dogknox

stop that
signature
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 7:19:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 5:52:43 PM, badger wrote:
Refuted by contradicting possibilities, blah - how about when you keep it simple? You're dogmatically scientific, all your beliefs and preferences stemming from nothing but the material, the seen. Humanity is but mechanics. Your own personal biological appeasement is, up until now, everything. Ask yourself, what if there is a God? How do you feel? Guilty?

No. Why would I?
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 7:23:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why would I feel guilty if there was a God? Not believing, is not a choice. I'm not convinced, so I'm not convinced. If believed in something when I was not convinced, that would just be willful ignorance. It wouldn't actually be me believe it, even if I chose to, because I'm not convinced deep down. Anyway, If there is an all powerful, loving, and wise God, he would know exactly how my brain works and exactly everything I've been exposed to, and he would understand and know the exact reasons why I'm not convinced, and don't believe he exists. Hopefully he would understand, if not then he's extremely petty, and he's not really a God worth worshiping. Worship should be out of respect, not fear. If he gains worship through fear then he is no better then Hitler, actually, much worse.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 7:26:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Pascal's wager is intellectually bankrupt.

What if God is a man-eating dragon that will kill everyone that doesn't live in poverty and build shrines to him....You better do it just in case. What have you got to lose?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 7:31:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Whether it's an omnipotent sky dragon or an omnipotent sugarball, you have no choice when something has power over you. The best thing to do to feel happy is to pretend humans are omnipotent. We can save the planet AND the universe... well until proven otherwise.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 7:32:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 7:26:55 PM, 000ike wrote:
Pascal's wager is intellectually bankrupt.

What if God is a man-eating dragon that will kill everyone that doesn't live in poverty and build shrines to him....You better do it just in case. What have you got to lose?

Agreed. I always tell people who throw Pascal's wager out there, to get out of their house and take all the valuables with them this very instant, because there could be a huge Indiana Jones type stone rolling in their very direction right now. They won't leave there house, because they have no good reason to believe there is a rolling stone headed their general direction, despite the mere possibility. So, in the same sense, I won't convert to Christianity just to be safe, because I have no good reason to think Christianity is true, despite the mere possibility (just like they won't go outside their house with all their valuables).
Dogknox
Posts: 5,059
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 7:38:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 7:23:53 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Why would I feel guilty if there was a God? Not believing, is not a choice. I'm not convinced, so I'm not convinced. If believed in something when I was not convinced, that would just be willful ignorance. It wouldn't actually be me believe it, even if I chose to, because I'm not convinced deep down. Anyway, If there is an all powerful, loving, and wise God, he would know exactly how my brain works and exactly everything I've been exposed to, and he would understand and know the exact reasons why I'm not convinced, and don't believe he exists. Hopefully he would understand, if not then he's extremely petty, and he's not really a God worth worshiping. Worship should be out of respect, not fear. If he gains worship through fear then he is no better then Hitler, actually, much worse.

Rational_Thinker9119 IT TAKES FAITH!!
Faith is BELIEVING what you can't see!!
Faith is BELIEVING even when logic tells you different!

FACT: "Jesus hung on a cross.. for all to see!"
Jesus died... Kaput.. Dead.. Cold... Not breathing!!
All saw Jesus die!!!

Jesus did not have sin so he did not stay dead!
Jesus POPPED up, out of the grave as a cork might pop up released deep in a pool of water!

Sin brings death.. Jesus was without sin.. so he could not stay dead!

THINK: You can't even kill a stinking mangy dog twice. No one can die more then one time!
IF..
Rational_Thinker9119 If you were "IN JESUS" then you also would rise up!!
If you were in the risen body of Jesus then you will not die.. Jesus has been there and done that!!

Dogknox
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 7:40:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 7:31:26 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Whether it's an omnipotent sky dragon or an omnipotent sugarball, you have no choice when something has power over you. The best thing to do to feel happy is to pretend humans are omnipotent. We can save the planet AND the universe... well until proven otherwise.

that's what i'm saying mr parrot
signature
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:38:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 7:38:56 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:23:53 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Why would I feel guilty if there was a God? Not believing, is not a choice. I'm not convinced, so I'm not convinced. If believed in something when I was not convinced, that would just be willful ignorance. It wouldn't actually be me believe it, even if I chose to, because I'm not convinced deep down. Anyway, If there is an all powerful, loving, and wise God, he would know exactly how my brain works and exactly everything I've been exposed to, and he would understand and know the exact reasons why I'm not convinced, and don't believe he exists. Hopefully he would understand, if not then he's extremely petty, and he's not really a God worth worshiping. Worship should be out of respect, not fear. If he gains worship through fear then he is no better then Hitler, actually, much worse.

Rational_Thinker9119 IT TAKES FAITH!!
Faith is BELIEVING what you can't see!!
Faith is BELIEVING even when logic tells you different!

FACT: "Jesus hung on a cross.. for all to see!"
Jesus died... Kaput.. Dead.. Cold... Not breathing!!
All saw Jesus die!!!

Jesus did not have sin so he did not stay dead!
Jesus POPPED up, out of the grave as a cork might pop up released deep in a pool of water!

Sin brings death.. Jesus was without sin.. so he could not stay dead!

THINK: You can't even kill a stinking mangy dog twice. No one can die more then one time!
IF..
Rational_Thinker9119 If you were "IN JESUS" then you also would rise up!!
If you were in the risen body of Jesus then you will not die.. Jesus has been there and done that!!

Dogknox

Stop that
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,059
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 10:49:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 6:53:22 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:50:10 PM, Dogknox wrote:
The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is NO God!
They have "FAITH" there is NO God!
They can't PROVE there is NO God!!

They have their FAITH and Beliefs just as Christians.

They "Atheists" have why more to lose if they are wrong, then the Christian.
If the Christian is wrong all they lose is a little time spent in prayer!
If the Atheist is wrong they end up being.. "United with Satan" in a white hot ball of pure burning hate; Becoming ONE with Satan their father!

Dogknox

stop that
badger IT TAKES FAITH!!
Faith is BELIEVING what you can't see!!
Faith is BELIEVING even when logic tells you different!

FACT: "Jesus hung on a cross.. for all to see!"
Jesus died... Kaput.. Dead.. Cold... Not breathing!!
All saw Jesus die!!!

Jesus did not have sin so he did not stay dead!
Jesus POPPED up, out of the grave as a cork might pop up released deep in a pool of water!

Sin brings death.. Jesus was without sin.. so he could not stay dead!

THINK: You can't even kill a stinking mangy dog twice. No one can die more then one time!
IF..
badger If you were "IN JESUS" then you also would rise up!!
If you were in the risen body of Jesus then you will not die.. Jesus has been there and done that!!
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 1:50:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 6:50:10 PM, Dogknox wrote:
If the Atheist is wrong they end up being.. "United with Satan" in a white hot ball of pure burning hate; Becoming ONE with Satan their father!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: I have two bible Story book translations that make NO mention of any Hebrew Term Satan in their narrative (YLT & E. Diaglott), so what the hell are you raving on about catholic duped dimwit!

You also likely have no idea what the Hebrew Term Satan even actually means!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster!

Your literal Saviour!
Muted
Posts: 377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 6:38:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/5/2012 1:50:05 AM, Composer wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:50:10 PM, Dogknox wrote:
If the Atheist is wrong they end up being.. "United with Satan" in a white hot ball of pure burning hate; Becoming ONE with Satan their father!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: I have two bible Story book translations that make NO mention of any Hebrew Term Satan in their narrative (YLT & E. Diaglott), so what the hell are you raving on about catholic duped dimwit!

You also likely have no idea what the Hebrew Term Satan even actually means!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster!

Your literal Saviour!

You forgot "Moi"
Exterminate!!!!!!-Dalek.

The ability to speak does not make you a competent debater.

One does not simply do the rain dance.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,059
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 10:18:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is NO God!
They have "FAITH" there is NO God!
They can't PROVE there is NO God!!

The Atheist has lost "Common Sense"!
Common sense says... "Man HAS ALWAYS believed in some type/kind of higher being"!
It does NOT take the bible to convince man.. There is a god! JUST COMMON SENSE!!
HISTORY proves, man has always believed in a god/gods!

TODAY..
Today there is over 6 billion people on earth MOST 95% believe in a god.. Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Catholic, Protestant, Indian etc believe in a god/gods!

EXAMPLE: The North American Indian believed in The Great White Spirit long before the first missionary, they were bible-less yet they came to believe in a god!!
It is human nature to believe in a god/gods! THEN.....

Then along comes the ATHEIST to set mankind straight..
"WAIT" they say... "You are all wrong there is not god!!"

They have their FAITH and Beliefs just as Christians, they CAN'T prove they are right!!

The Atheist is; "WHACK-WHACK-Whack-whack-OOOOOOOooooooh!!!"
Individual, faith in your own faith!!

Dogknox
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 3:44:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/5/2012 1:50:05 AM, Composer wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:50:10 PM, Dogknox wrote:
If the Atheist is wrong they end up being.. "United with Satan" in a white hot ball of pure burning hate; Becoming ONE with Satan their father!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: I have two bible Story book translations that make NO mention of any Hebrew Term Satan in their narrative (YLT & E. Diaglott), so what the hell are you raving on about catholic duped dimwit!
It is obvious that not all of the bible was in Hebrew. Ever heard of Greek/Latin? Or is that Greek to you?

You also likely have no idea what the Hebrew Term Satan even actually means!
Obstruct, oppose.

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster!

Your literal Saviour!
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Dogknox
Posts: 5,059
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 10:10:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Rational_Thinker9119 if you BELIEVE there is NO God, you should be able to provide your reasons!!

Otherwise your BELIEFS are not beliefs, just being wishes!
Wishing there is no God, does not mean there is no God, it means you lack reason; You have not grown up!

Dogknox
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 3:18:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/5/2012 10:10:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Rational_Thinker9119 if you BELIEVE there is NO God, you should be able to provide your reasons!!

I don't believe there is no God. I don't even consider myself an Atheist lol


Otherwise your BELIEFS are not beliefs, just being wishes!

Why would I wish there was no God? I'm sure if heaven exists, it would be better than just dying. Also, I like the idea of people like Hitler frying for what they have done, better than the idea of him just killing himself and taking the easy way out. The reason I'm not a theist is for that exact reason, wishing doesn't make it true...

Wishing there is no God, does not mean there is no God, it means you lack reason; You have not grown up!

You have not grown up, because I never said there was no God. Thus, you are building a straw-man.

PS. That's something a child would do ;)


Dogknox
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 3:20:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/6/2012 3:18:36 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 11/5/2012 10:10:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Rational_Thinker9119 if you BELIEVE there is NO God, you should be able to provide your reasons!!

I don't believe there is no God. I don't even consider myself an Atheist lol


Otherwise your BELIEFS are not beliefs, just being wishes!

Why would I wish there was no God? I'm sure if heaven exists, it would be better than just dying. Also, I like the idea of people like Hitler frying for what they have done, better than the idea of him just killing himself and taking the easy way out. The reason I'm not a theist is for that exact reason, wishing doesn't make it true...

Wishing there is no God, does not mean there is no God, it means you lack reason; You have not grown up!

You have not grown up, because I never said there was no God. Thus, you are building a straw-man.

PS. That's something a child would do ;)


Dogknox

In all fairness, Dogknox did start out with 'If'.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 3:35:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/5/2012 10:18:18 AM, Dogknox wrote:
The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is NO God!
They have "FAITH" there is NO God!
They can't PROVE there is NO God!!

The Atheist has lost "Common Sense"!
Common sense says... "Man HAS ALWAYS believed in some type/kind of higher being"!
It does NOT take the bible to convince man.. There is a god! JUST COMMON SENSE!!
HISTORY proves, man has always believed in a god/gods!

TODAY..
Today there is over 6 billion people on earth MOST 95% believe in a god.. Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Catholic, Protestant, Indian etc believe in a god/gods!

EXAMPLE: The North American Indian believed in The Great White Spirit long before the first missionary, they were bible-less yet they came to believe in a god!!
It is human nature to believe in a god/gods! THEN.....

Then along comes the ATHEIST to set mankind straight..
"WAIT" they say... "You are all wrong there is not god!!"

They have their FAITH and Beliefs just as Christians, they CAN'T prove they are right!!

The Atheist is; "WHACK-WHACK-Whack-whack-OOOOOOOooooooh!!!"
Individual, faith in your own faith!!

Dogknox

Stop that
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 3:36:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 6:50:10 PM, Dogknox wrote:
The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is NO God!
They have "FAITH" there is NO God!
They can't PROVE there is NO God!!

False http://reasonalliance.wordpress.com...
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 3:59:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/6/2012 3:36:08 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:50:10 PM, Dogknox wrote:
The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is NO God!
They have "FAITH" there is NO God!
They can't PROVE there is NO God!!

False http://reasonalliance.wordpress.com...

Ugh, a religious blog. Get it off me! Get it off me!
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 4:31:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/6/2012 3:59:09 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:36:08 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:50:10 PM, Dogknox wrote:
The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is NO God!
They have "FAITH" there is NO God!
They can't PROVE there is NO God!!

False http://reasonalliance.wordpress.com...

Ugh, a religious blog. Get it off me! Get it off me!
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 9:26:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/6/2012 3:20:37 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:18:36 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 11/5/2012 10:10:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Rational_Thinker9119 if you BELIEVE there is NO God, you should be able to provide your reasons!!

I don't believe there is no God. I don't even consider myself an Atheist lol


Otherwise your BELIEFS are not beliefs, just being wishes!

Why would I wish there was no God? I'm sure if heaven exists, it would be better than just dying. Also, I like the idea of people like Hitler frying for what they have done, better than the idea of him just killing himself and taking the easy way out. The reason I'm not a theist is for that exact reason, wishing doesn't make it true...

Wishing there is no God, does not mean there is no God, it means you lack reason; You have not grown up!

You have not grown up, because I never said there was no God. Thus, you are building a straw-man.

PS. That's something a child would do ;)


Dogknox

In all fairness, Dogknox did start out with 'If'.

Yes, but I know you are not as dense as that. It's clear he was building some straw-man like post, acting like I was a strong Atheist asserting there was no God, when with a simple click could discover my position on the issue.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 5:29:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 6:50:10 PM, Dogknox wrote:
The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is NO God!

For some that is true, for others it is not.

They have "FAITH" there is NO God!

By my definition of faith, most atheists do not. But most christians tend to have a different definition.

They can't PROVE there is NO God!!

Depends on the god.


They have their FAITH and Beliefs just as Christians.

See, now your absurdly wrong. Atheists have beliefs and possibly faiths, yes, but unlike christians there is no atheist doctrine. Your compairing atheists and christians, when you should be comparing atheists and theists.


They "Atheists" have why more to lose if they are wrong, then the Christian.

What if the muslims are right? Then we have just as much to lose.

If the Christian is wrong all they lose is a little time spent in prayer!

false

If the Atheist is wrong they end up being.. "United with Satan" in a white hot ball of pure burning hate; Becoming ONE with Satan their father!

The same could happen to you.


Dogknox
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,059
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 2:35:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/6/2012 3:18:36 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 11/5/2012 10:10:19 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Rational_Thinker9119 if you BELIEVE there is NO God, you should be able to provide your reasons!!

I don't believe there is no God. I don't even consider myself an Atheist lol


Otherwise your BELIEFS are not beliefs, just being wishes!

Why would I wish there was no God? I'm sure if heaven exists, it would be better than just dying. Also, I like the idea of people like Hitler frying for what they have done, better than the idea of him just killing himself and taking the easy way out. The reason I'm not a theist is for that exact reason, wishing doesn't make it true...

Wishing there is no God, does not mean there is no God, it means you lack reason; You have not grown up!

You have not grown up, because I never said there was no God. Thus, you are building a straw-man.

PS. That's something a child would do ;)


Dogknox

YOUR WORDS... Why would I feel guilty if there was a God? Not believing, is not a choice. I'm not convinced, so I'm not convinced. If believed in something when I was not convinced, that would just be willful ignorance. It wouldn't actually be me believe it, even if I chose to, because I'm not convinced deep down. Anyway, If there is an all powerful, loving, and wise God, he would know exactly how my brain works and exactly everything I've been exposed to, and he would understand and know the exact reasons why I'm not convinced, and don't believe he exists. Hopefully he would understand, if not then he's extremely petty, and he's not really a God worth worshiping. Worship should be out of respect, not fear. If he gains worship through fear then he is no better then Hitler, actually, much worse.

Clearly you talk through your hat!!
Out of both sides of your mouth!!!
The words of your first post tell me you REJECT God!!!
Now you say "You believe in God"? yeah right!!!

Dogknox
Dogknox
Posts: 5,059
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 2:46:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/7/2012 5:29:30 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:50:10 PM, Dogknox wrote:
The Atheist "BELIEVES" there is NO God!

For some that is true, for others it is not.

They have "FAITH" there is NO God!

By my definition of faith, most atheists do not. But most christians tend to have a different definition.

They can't PROVE there is NO God!!

Depends on the god.


They have their FAITH and Beliefs just as Christians.

See, now your absurdly wrong. Atheists have beliefs and possibly faiths, yes, but unlike christians there is no atheist doctrine. Your compairing atheists and christians, when you should be comparing atheists and theists.


They "Atheists" have why more to lose if they are wrong, then the Christian.

What if the muslims are right? Then we have just as much to lose.

If the Christian is wrong all they lose is a little time spent in prayer!

false

If the Atheist is wrong they end up being.. "United with Satan" in a white hot ball of pure burning hate; Becoming ONE with Satan their father!

The same could happen to you.


Dogknox

muzebreak you can't prove there is NO God so it is a BELIEF there is NO God!!

You said.. See, now your absurdly wrong. Atheists have beliefs and possibly faiths, yes, but unlike christians there is no atheist doctrine. Your compairing atheists and christians, when you should be comparing atheists and theists.

I reply: There is atheist doctrine.
..............................
DICTIONARY DOT COM
DOCTRINE
1. a particular principle, position, or policy taught or advocated, as of a religion or government: Catholic doctrines; the Monroe Doctrine.
2. something that is taught; teachings collectively: religious doctrine.
3. a body or system of teachings relating to a particular subject: the doctrine of the Catholic Church.
...................................
1. a particular principle, position, or policy taught or advocated,

You said.. What if the muslims are right? Then we have just as much to lose.
I reply: NO because they also believe there is a GOD!
They also believe God is JUST!
We believe all GOOD peoples go to heaven, so do they!

John 5:28 "Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice
29 and come out"those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.


Dogknox