Jump to topic:

My Responses On Religion and The Rapture

emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 6:12:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
These are my views on religion and the rapture.

The irony of religion is that because of its power to divert man to destructive courses, the world actually could come to an end. The plain fact is religion must die for mankind to live. The hour's getting very late to be able to indulge in having key decisions made by religious people, by irrationalists, by those would steer the ship of state not by a compass, but by the equivalent of reading the entrails of a chicken. George Bush prayed a lot about Iraq, but he didn't learn a lot about it. Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking. It's nothing to brag about. And those who preach faith and enable and elevate it are intellectual slaveholders, keeping mankind in a bondage to fantasy and nonsense that has spawned and justified so much lunacy and destruction. Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings, who don't have all the answers, to think that they do. Most people would think it's wonderful when someone says, "I'm willing, Lord. I'll do whatever you want me to do," Except that since there are no gods actually talking to us, that void is filled in by people with their own corruptions and limitations and agendas. And anyone who tells you they know, they just know what happens when you die, I promise you, you don't. How can I be so sure? Because I don't know, and you do not possess mental powers that I do not. The only appropriate attitude for man to have about the big questions is not the arrogant certitude that is the hallmark of religion, but doubt. Doubt is humble, and that's what man needs to be, considering that human history is just a litany of getting sh*t dead wrong. This is why rational people, anti-religionists must end their timidity and come out of the closet and assert themselves. And those who consider themselves only moderately religious, really need to look in the mirror and realize the solace and comfort that religion brings you actually comes at a terrible price. If you belong to a political party or a social club that was tied to as much bigotry, misogyny, homophobia, violence, and sheer ignorance as religion is, you'd resign in protest. To do otherwise is to be an enabler, a mafia wife, with the true devils of extremism that draw their legitimacy from the billions of their fellow travelers. If the world does come to an end here or wherever or if it limps into the future, decimated by the effects of a religion inspire nuclear terrorism, let's remember what the real problem was, that we learned how to precipitate mass death before we got past the neurological disorder of wishing for it. That's it. Grow up... Or die.

Tell me what you think.
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 6:23:59 PM
At 11/4/2012 6:17:22 PM, badger wrote:
killing god seems something you'd do in "arrogant certitude" to me.

No killing God is necessary for the survival of mankind.
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 6:26:35 PM
At 11/4/2012 6:23:59 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:

God, by definition, would be vastly more powerful than mankind, wouldn't he? I'd say we'd lose.
signature
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 6:28:30 PM
At 11/4/2012 6:26:35 PM, badger wrote:

God, by definition, would be vastly more powerful than mankind, wouldn't he? I'd say we'd lose.

By killing God I mean, disposing of the delusion that is organized religion.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 6:31:03 PM
At 11/4/2012 6:28:30 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:

What if you're deluded as regards its being delusion?
signature
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 6:46:43 PM
I think you should grow a pair and say this to whoever the Christian is you are actually mad at.

I mean c'mon, "acting out" on an anonymous internet forum is kinda gutless and meaningless don't you think?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 6:53:01 PM
At 11/4/2012 6:31:03 PM, badger wrote:

What if you're deluded about me being deluded as regards to its delusion?
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 6:58:17 PM
At 11/4/2012 6:53:01 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:
At 11/4/2012 6:31:03 PM, badger wrote:

What if you're deluded about me being deluded as regards to its delusion?

Exactly.
signature
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 10:17:18 PM
At 11/4/2012 6:46:43 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
I think you should grow a pair and say this to whoever the Christian is you are actually mad at.

I mean c'mon, "acting out" on an anonymous internet forum is kinda gutless and meaningless don't you think?

Absolutely. Because I am most definitely a Christian, and I wouldn't dare depend upon some kinda vague direct-from-heaven guidance or influence. Nor would I based any actions upon such fantasies. As far as the rapture business, well, the Bible doesn't even teach it in the form that these speculators do. I do fear that sometimes irrational policies regarding the Middle East are propagated by misguided people in the name of Christianity.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 3:42:40 AM
At 11/4/2012 10:17:18 PM, annanicole wrote:
Absolutely. Because I am most definitely a Christian, . . . .

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Not according to your own preferred Story book you are not!

That label you have arrogated to yourself!

Take the Tests and prove your claims & ministry and then we'll talk more about your overall spurious ideology!

Your literal Saviour moi!
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 7:04:14 AM
At 11/5/2012 3:42:40 AM, Composer wrote:

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Not according to your own preferred Story book you are not!

I say try to prove he is not one. After all, He knows he confessed...

Take the Tests and prove your claims & ministry and then we'll talk more about your overall spurious ideology!

Your literal Saviour moi!
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 8:49:38 AM
At 11/5/2012 3:42:40 AM, Composer wrote:

I have taken the tests: "And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that for a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught many people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch." (Acts 11: 26).

A disciple is: "one who accepts and assists in spreading the doctrines of another: as (a) one of the twelve in the inner circle of Christ's followers according to the Gospel accounts or (b) a convinced adherent of a school or individual"

Well, I certainly fit the definition of a disciple of Jesus. And the disciples of Jesus were called Christians and still are thus called.

THAT is the test. I just gave it to myself. And I passed it. Pfffffft to your nonsensical questions about freewill and sin: I could care less, as far as the definition of a Christian goes.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 6:15:06 PM
At 11/4/2012 6:46:43 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

Funny you assume I'm mad at a "Christian"
Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 6:19:13 PM
Do you believe that everyone should operate under rationalism? Rationalism is the idea that truth is obtained through reasoning and logic. Do you believe that?
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 6:25:39 PM
At 11/5/2012 6:19:13 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
Do you believe that everyone should operate under rationalism? Rationalism is the idea that truth is obtained through reasoning and logic. Do you believe that?

Yes, well substansiated ground should be taken before asserting anything.

I am a realist/rationalist.
Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 6:38:00 PM
At 11/5/2012 6:25:39 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:

Alright perfect. Prove this statement to me using reasoning and logic "Truth can only be obtained through reasoning and logic". If you cannot then your whole ideology collapses from the inside.
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 3:29:38 PM
At 11/5/2012 6:38:00 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:

Alright perfect. Prove this statement to me using reasoning and logic "Truth can only be obtained through reasoning and logic". If you cannot then your whole ideology collapses from the inside.

Praise Allah!
Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 6:49:48 PM
At 11/6/2012 3:29:38 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:

Praise Allah!

Say Alhamdulillah.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 9:52:30 AM
At 11/6/2012 3:29:38 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:

Praise Allah!

You have 24 hrs to change your sig or this:

http://www.debate.org...

Is going on your every post, forever..
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)