These people really believe in God.

regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 5:53:18 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk...

They pray instead of giving medicine. God is all knowing and all powerful, right? If he had wanted the child to live, it would have. Right?
So prove me wrong, then.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 7:01:32 AM
At 10/7/2009 5:53:18 AM, regebro wrote:

They pray instead of giving medicine. God is all knowing and all powerful, right? If he had wanted the child to live, it would have. Right?

Only 6 months in jail? They should be sterilized IMO.

Clearly, the kid was a demon spawn, and therefore God didnt spare its life, for sparing its life would mean another Hitler on our hands.
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 8:13:02 AM
At 10/7/2009 7:01:32 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 10/7/2009 5:53:18 AM, regebro wrote:

Only 6 months in jail? They should be sterilized IMO.

Notice how the rest of society, including you and the judge, clearly do NOT believe in God. Or is there any of the Christians in here that believe they did right? No? Then you don't believe in God.

Clearly, the kid was a demon spawn, and therefore God didnt spare its life, for sparing its life would mean another Hitler on our hands.

Could be, could be. Or, he is just testing the parents belief, like he did with Job. Torturing kids for his own enjoyment.
So prove me wrong, then.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 8:32:51 AM
At 10/7/2009 8:13:02 AM, regebro wrote:
Notice how the rest of society, including you and the judge, clearly do NOT believe in God. Or is there any of the Christians in here that believe they did right? No? Then you don't believe in God.
That, or the parents believed in Satan, disguised as God. Who knows. Atleast, i believe thats the argument used against all the other religions with just as much, or sometimes more, evidence to support it.
Could be, could be. Or, he is just testing the parents belief, like he did with Job. Torturing kids for his own enjoyment.
Hmm, i always thought that if God would test the parents, he would do what he did to Abraham, and step in at the last moment and say "LOL just kidding, you dont have to kill your child". But, then again, maybe this ruling is a sign from God, to all other followers, that you have to take care of your child and not just throw them into the wolves.
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 10:01:47 AM
At 10/7/2009 8:32:51 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 10/7/2009 8:13:02 AM, regebro wrote:
That, or the parents believed in Satan, disguised as God.

That doesn't make any sense. They believe what they believe. And they believe in God. You can't believe in Satan disguised as God, because then you believe in God. You can't believe that what you believe is a lie. It doesn't work.

Hmm, i always thought that if God would test the parents, he would do what he did to Abraham, and step in at the last moment and say "LOL just kidding, you dont have to kill your child".

Yeah, but he didn't do that for Job.

But, then again, maybe this ruling is a sign from God, to all other followers, that you have to take care of your child and not just throw them into the wolves.

So it's a sign from God telling us we shouldn't rely on God? :-)
So prove me wrong, then.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2009 3:33:32 PM
At 10/7/2009 10:01:47 AM, regebro wrote:

That doesn't make any sense. They believe what they believe. And they believe in God. You can't believe in Satan disguised as God, because then you believe in God. You can't believe that what you believe is a lie. It doesn't work.
I meant to say, that other christians will look at this couple, and say that they were worshipping the wrong god and/or the devil.

Yeah, but he didn't do that for Job.
True dat. But, then again, Job didnt choose to slaughter his family. Abraham, and this couple, did.

So it's a sign from God telling us we shouldn't rely on God? :-)

God works in mysterious ways.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2009 1:54:00 PM
What people don't realize is that God heals through doctors and medicine, they are here for a reason.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2009 1:59:34 PM
At 10/9/2009 1:54:00 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
What people don't realize is that God heals through doctors and medicine, they are here for a reason.

haha

You wouldn't give the credit to the doctors and medicine themselves?
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2009 2:02:30 PM

Admit that these people are garbage.
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2009 2:06:47 PM

In that sentence you can remove God, and it's still true. Doctors and medicine heals, even without God. You just made God useless. Congratulations.
So prove me wrong, then.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2009 2:12:53 PM

lul. You do realise that health 'miracles' are only documented when they work?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2009 10:01:28 PM
At 10/9/2009 1:59:34 PM, JBlake wrote:

haha

You wouldn't give the credit to the doctors and medicine themselves?

If credit for events and actions was always properly assigned, this particular forum wouldn't exist.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2009 11:09:31 PM
At 10/9/2009 2:27:46 PM, mongeese wrote:
Obviously, they've never heard of prayer *during* surgery.

Why would they? Either you believe and trust in God, or you don't. If you believe and trust in god, all you need to do for your child to get will is worship God, live according to the commandments and pray. God does not need the help of doctors to heal a child.

If you go to the doctor with a sick child, that means that you do not believe God can or will heal it. Then you do not really believe in God.

*Clearly* this girl died because the couple did not do offerings of lamb and did not stone their adulterous neighbor.
So prove me wrong, then.