Total Posts:752|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

100 Reasons Why Evolution Is Stupid

medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 9:27:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't care what your opinion is of Kent Hovind, I'm interested in whether the science-minded here on DDO can actually refute his arguments. Dr. Hovind is a YEC who believes a very literal interpretation of the Bible, so if you guys believe that the Bible is as far off as you claim, his arguments should be pretty easy to defeat. You don't have to watch the whole video, start around 3 minutes in, and pick any particular claim that he makes.

I already know that Hovind is in jail, and I already know that many of you believe evolution is fact, but neither of those points do anything to refute his arguments. Please don't waste time or space unless you are actually going to try and challenge a claim, and make a relevant argument.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 9:46:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 9:41:55 AM, badger wrote:
lol, i like this guy. it's like being taught science by the mafia

The mafia?? He strikes me as very much like a drill seargent in the military. If you like watching debates you should watch some of his.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 10:34:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
He talks alot about lies in textbooks. I like some of his comments, particularly about the Big Bang Theory. Scientists believe that "billions of years ago", when you hear this you know there's a fairy tale coming. Billions of years ago, all the space and matter in the universe was squashed and condensed down into something smaller than a period on this page. That's just stupid. That's religious, it's something you have to "believe in". It's not science so get it out of the textbooks.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 10:37:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 10:34:20 AM, medic0506 wrote:
He talks alot about lies in textbooks. I like some of his comments, particularly about the Big Bang Theory. Scientists believe that "billions of years ago", when you hear this you know there's a fairy tale coming. Billions of years ago, all the space and matter in the universe was squashed and condensed down into something smaller than a period on this page. That's just stupid. That's religious, it's something you have to "believe in". It's not science so get it out of the textbooks.

Excuse me? There is plenty of evidence for this . . . Look up cosmic radiation as well as the fact that our universe is currently expanding. Science does not entail calling this you do not agree with absurd without any evidence.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 10:47:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 10:37:07 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/11/2012 10:34:20 AM, medic0506 wrote:
He talks alot about lies in textbooks. I like some of his comments, particularly about the Big Bang Theory. Scientists believe that "billions of years ago", when you hear this you know there's a fairy tale coming. Billions of years ago, all the space and matter in the universe was squashed and condensed down into something smaller than a period on this page. That's just stupid. That's religious, it's something you have to "believe in". It's not science so get it out of the textbooks.

Excuse me? There is plenty of evidence for this . . . Look up cosmic radiation as well as the fact that our universe is currently expanding. Science does not entail calling this you do not agree with absurd without any evidence.

What empirical evidence shows that it's possible for all the space and matter within the universe to be condensed into such a tiny space, smaller than a proton??
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 10:52:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
LOL! Wow, so much fail in that video I can't even stay still.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 10:59:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 10:52:59 AM, Microsuck wrote:
LOL! Wow, so much fail in that video I can't even stay still.

This is the kind of baseless assertion I hoped people would refrain from. Nobody really cares if you think it's bogus or not. Your opinion is worthless, as are insults. If you aren't going to provide an actual challenge, or an argument to refute his claim, then your post is a waste of space.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 11:07:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
There's an old quote by Einstein in response to 100 reasons against the ToR that goes something like: If I was wrong,...they'd only need one.

I think that applies here quite well.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 11:07:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 10:47:34 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/11/2012 10:37:07 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/11/2012 10:34:20 AM, medic0506 wrote:
He talks alot about lies in textbooks. I like some of his comments, particularly about the Big Bang Theory. Scientists believe that "billions of years ago", when you hear this you know there's a fairy tale coming. Billions of years ago, all the space and matter in the universe was squashed and condensed down into something smaller than a period on this page. That's just stupid. That's religious, it's something you have to "believe in". It's not science so get it out of the textbooks.

Excuse me? There is plenty of evidence for this . . . Look up cosmic radiation as well as the fact that our universe is currently expanding. Science does not entail calling this you do not agree with absurd without any evidence.

What empirical evidence shows that it's possible for all the space and matter within the universe to be condensed into such a tiny space, smaller than a proton??

Please reread my post. I gave two pieces of empirical evidence that prove this.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 11:10:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 11:07:02 AM, 000ike wrote:
There's an old quote by Einstein in response to 100 reasons against the ToR that goes something like: If I was wrong,...they'd only need one.

I think that applies here quite well.

I don't care that you "think" something applies here.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 11:14:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 11:07:55 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/11/2012 10:47:34 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/11/2012 10:37:07 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/11/2012 10:34:20 AM, medic0506 wrote:
He talks alot about lies in textbooks. I like some of his comments, particularly about the Big Bang Theory. Scientists believe that "billions of years ago", when you hear this you know there's a fairy tale coming. Billions of years ago, all the space and matter in the universe was squashed and condensed down into something smaller than a period on this page. That's just stupid. That's religious, it's something you have to "believe in". It's not science so get it out of the textbooks.

Excuse me? There is plenty of evidence for this . . . Look up cosmic radiation as well as the fact that our universe is currently expanding. Science does not entail calling this you do not agree with absurd without any evidence.

What empirical evidence shows that it's possible for all the space and matter within the universe to be condensed into such a tiny space, smaller than a proton??

Please reread my post. I gave two pieces of empirical evidence that prove this.

Neither cosmic radiation, nor expansion, help to show what is taught in the science textbooks. That is that all the space and matter in the universe was condensed into a space smaller than a proton.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 11:22:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 11:10:57 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/11/2012 11:07:02 AM, 000ike wrote:
There's an old quote by Einstein in response to 100 reasons against the ToR that goes something like: If I was wrong,...they'd only need one.

I think that applies here quite well.

I don't care that you "think" something applies here.

Your beliefs are scientifically ignorant and false....and that's the blunt truth :p
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 11:32:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 11:22:17 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/11/2012 11:10:57 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/11/2012 11:07:02 AM, 000ike wrote:
There's an old quote by Einstein in response to 100 reasons against the ToR that goes something like: If I was wrong,...they'd only need one.

I think that applies here quite well.

I don't care that you "think" something applies here.

Your beliefs are scientifically ignorant and false....and that's the blunt truth :p

I never said that all of his beliefs are also my beliefs. I'm simply interested in whether or not you internet-created geniuses can refute his claims.

I'm not interested in arguing opinion, or trading insults today Ike. If you aren't going to provide an actual argument then I will ignore your future posts.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 11:38:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 11:14:31 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/11/2012 11:07:55 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/11/2012 10:47:34 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/11/2012 10:37:07 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/11/2012 10:34:20 AM, medic0506 wrote:
He talks alot about lies in textbooks. I like some of his comments, particularly about the Big Bang Theory. Scientists believe that "billions of years ago", when you hear this you know there's a fairy tale coming. Billions of years ago, all the space and matter in the universe was squashed and condensed down into something smaller than a period on this page. That's just stupid. That's religious, it's something you have to "believe in". It's not science so get it out of the textbooks.

Excuse me? There is plenty of evidence for this . . . Look up cosmic radiation as well as the fact that our universe is currently expanding. Science does not entail calling this you do not agree with absurd without any evidence.

What empirical evidence shows that it's possible for all the space and matter within the universe to be condensed into such a tiny space, smaller than a proton??

Please reread my post. I gave two pieces of empirical evidence that prove this.

Neither cosmic radiation, nor expansion, help to show what is taught in the science textbooks. That is that all the space and matter in the universe was condensed into a space smaller than a proton.

Medic, do you even know what the implications of cosmic radiation and expansion are? My guess is that you do not since you are blindly dismissing them.

We already have proof that nonsensically massive amounts of matter can be condensed into sizes smaller than protons. Singularities in black holes represent this. In fact, some scientists hypothesize that our universe itself is located within a black hole.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 12:08:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 11:38:14 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/11/2012 11:14:31 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/11/2012 11:07:55 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/11/2012 10:47:34 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/11/2012 10:37:07 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/11/2012 10:34:20 AM, medic0506 wrote:
He talks alot about lies in textbooks. I like some of his comments, particularly about the Big Bang Theory. Scientists believe that "billions of years ago", when you hear this you know there's a fairy tale coming. Billions of years ago, all the space and matter in the universe was squashed and condensed down into something smaller than a period on this page. That's just stupid. That's religious, it's something you have to "believe in". It's not science so get it out of the textbooks.

Excuse me? There is plenty of evidence for this . . . Look up cosmic radiation as well as the fact that our universe is currently expanding. Science does not entail calling this you do not agree with absurd without any evidence.

What empirical evidence shows that it's possible for all the space and matter within the universe to be condensed into such a tiny space, smaller than a proton??

Please reread my post. I gave two pieces of empirical evidence that prove this.

Neither cosmic radiation, nor expansion, help to show what is taught in the science textbooks. That is that all the space and matter in the universe was condensed into a space smaller than a proton.

Medic, do you even know what the implications of cosmic radiation and expansion are? My guess is that you do not since you are blindly dismissing them.

I don't dismiss them at all, but they don't prove what we're talking about here.

We already have proof that nonsensically massive amounts of matter can be condensed into sizes smaller than protons. Singularities in black holes represent this. In fact, some scientists hypothesize that our universe itself is located within a black hole.

See, there's a whole lot of "hypothesizing" going on, and that's all well and good because that leads to proof or disproof. However, I'm trying to get at exactly what scientifically proves that all of the space and matter in the universe was condensed down into a size smaller than a proton. I'm not seeing this empirical evidence, and I'm asking if you guys have it.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 12:32:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Nobody's seen a dog produce a non-dog"

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-"". . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ":,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:". . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . ."~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . "~,_. . . .."~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . ."=,_. . . ."-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~"; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . ."=-._. . .";,,./`. . /" . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . .."~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-"
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 12:34:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 12:32:04 PM, phantom wrote:
"Nobody's seen a dog produce a non-dog"

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-"". . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ":,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:". . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . ."~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . "~,_. . . .."~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . ."=,_. . . ."-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~"; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . ."=-._. . .";,,./`. . /" . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . .."~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-"
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

Is this quote incorrect?? If so, please provide proof.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 12:45:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 12:34:56 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/11/2012 12:32:04 PM, phantom wrote:

Is this quote incorrect?? If so, please provide proof.

No it's not incorrect. Just stupid. Evolution is gradual. Different species don't just pop about instantaneously. Take how humans look now and 1,000 years ago. Still the same species but we look different. There wasn't just one single moment when a human gave birth to someone looking like us. It's extremely gradual. Another example would be our immune system. Because of the drugs fed to animals and human consumption of the meat people are growing immune to certain drugs. We obviously evolved by micro-evolution into having a different immune system. Was there one point when a mother just gave birth to a kid with a different immune system? Obviously not. Also to my first point, say one million years from now if life on earth still exists, we would look drastically different to the extent that you might call us a different species.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 12:53:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At least he makes good jokes.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 12:54:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 12:53:16 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At least he makes good jokes.

True. He's actually pretty hilarious.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 1:36:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 10:34:20 AM, medic0506 wrote:
He talks alot about lies in textbooks. I like some of his comments, particularly about the Big Bang Theory. Scientists believe that "billions of years ago", when you hear this you know there's a fairy tale coming. Billions of years ago, all the space and matter in the universe was squashed and condensed down into something smaller than a period on this page. That's just stupid.

It's not stupid at all, it makes perfect sense. What's stupid is ignoring scientific evidence due to religious beliefs. It would be like not accepting that the sky is blue because The Bible says otherwise. Childish and silly.

That's religious, it's something you have to "believe in". It's not science so get it out of the textbooks.

It is science, I think you have really lost your marbles Medic...
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 1:39:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 12:32:04 PM, phantom wrote:
"Nobody's seen a dog produce a non-dog"

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-"". . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ":,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:". . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . ."~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . "~,_. . . .."~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . ."=,_. . . ."-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~"; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . ."=-._. . .";,,./`. . /" . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . .."~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-"
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

If the dude in the video really said that, then that's just embarrassing lol
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 1:52:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 12:45:58 PM, phantom wrote:
At 11/11/2012 12:34:56 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/11/2012 12:32:04 PM, phantom wrote:

Is this quote incorrect?? If so, please provide proof.

No it's not incorrect. Just stupid. Evolution is gradual. Different species don't just pop about instantaneously. Take how humans look now and 1,000 years ago. Still the same species but we look different. There wasn't just one single moment when a human gave birth to someone looking like us. It's extremely gradual. Another example would be our immune system. Because of the drugs fed to animals and human consumption of the meat people are growing immune to certain drugs. We obviously evolved by micro-evolution into having a different immune system. Was there one point when a mother just gave birth to a kid with a different immune system? Obviously not. Also to my first point, say one million years from now if life on earth still exists, we would look drastically different to the extent that you might call us a different species.

It's not really stupid when you think about it. We're not talking about micro-evolution here, even Hovind says that is proven fact, so that's not in contention. But if all life descended from a common unicellular organism, then it's obvious that at some point, organisms changed into different "kinds" of organisms. If it took at least centuries for a change in kind to take place, and many different species existed during the transition, then that would seem to increase the likelihood of finding many of these transitional links. So where are they?? How do you determine from a set of bones, exactly what an organism looked like, and what it evolved into, or evolved from??

How do you know that in a million years we're going to look drastically different, so different in fact, that we'd be classed as a different species?? Are we a different species than were say, the ancient Egyptians?? If not, then how do you know that we are going to evolve into another species?? We may be different in some small ways, taller, more obese, different immunities, but don't you think that diet, lifestyle, and exposure could be responsible for those changes??
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 1:54:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 1:52:25 PM, medic0506 wrote:
So where are they?? How do you determine from a set of bones, exactly what an organism looked like, and what it evolved into, or evolved from??
I'm pretty sure there's something called DNA evidence.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 1:57:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 1:36:51 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 11/11/2012 10:34:20 AM, medic0506 wrote:
He talks alot about lies in textbooks. I like some of his comments, particularly about the Big Bang Theory. Scientists believe that "billions of years ago", when you hear this you know there's a fairy tale coming. Billions of years ago, all the space and matter in the universe was squashed and condensed down into something smaller than a period on this page. That's just stupid.

It's not stupid at all, it makes perfect sense. What's stupid is ignoring scientific evidence due to religious beliefs. It would be like not accepting that the sky is blue because The Bible says otherwise. Childish and silly.

That's religious, it's something you have to "believe in". It's not science so get it out of the textbooks.

It is science, I think you have really lost your marbles Medic...

I'm gonna start calling you Ike Jr.

I don't care what you think is childish and silly, unless you can actually disprove something that he says. If it's science then show me the proof, educate me, because I'm not seeing empirical evidence, just hypotheses.
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 2:01:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/11/2012 10:47:34 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/11/2012 10:37:07 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/11/2012 10:34:20 AM, medic0506 wrote:
He talks alot about lies in textbooks. I like some of his comments, particularly about the Big Bang Theory. Scientists believe that "billions of years ago", when you hear this you know there's a fairy tale coming. Billions of years ago, all the space and matter in the universe was squashed and condensed down into something smaller than a period on this page. That's just stupid. That's religious, it's something you have to "believe in". It's not science so get it out of the textbooks.

Excuse me? There is plenty of evidence for this . . . Look up cosmic radiation as well as the fact that our universe is currently expanding. Science does not entail calling this you do not agree with absurd without any evidence.

What empirical evidence shows that it's possible for all the space and matter within the universe to be condensed into such a tiny space, smaller than a proton??

What if our universe isn't expanding... But light is catching up to the ends of the universe?
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!