Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

1 Reason Creationism is Intelligent

tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 6:37:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You lose points for bringing this old crap up. :(
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 1:55:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/13/2012 6:37:43 PM, tvellalott wrote:
You lose points for bringing this old crap up. :(

Why? What is the point system anyway? Can you even refute what he is saying?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 1:55:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/13/2012 6:43:33 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
*spam*

So why wasn't the other thread on evolution being "stupid" spam?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 1:56:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/13/2012 6:38:54 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I have seen the light.

You are FREEDO, you were the one to invent the light.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 1:56:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/14/2012 1:55:41 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 11/13/2012 6:43:33 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
*spam*

So why wasn't the other thread on evolution being "stupid" spam?

It was, but it at least was guaranteed to provoke some rage.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 1:56:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/14/2012 1:56:22 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/14/2012 1:55:41 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 11/13/2012 6:43:33 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
*spam*

So why wasn't the other thread on evolution being "stupid" spam?

It was, but it at least was guaranteed to provoke some rage.

Sorry, I'll be more provocative next time :)
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 2:05:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/14/2012 1:55:10 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 11/13/2012 6:37:43 PM, tvellalott wrote:
You lose points for bringing this old crap up. :(

Why? What is the point system anyway? Can you even refute what he is saying?

Grasping at straws at best, mere coincidence at worst. Moreover, it could be evolution (haven't looked into it but it's a theory) to make it more adaptable to mankind. Early food source would soon adapt to the grasp of their main consumer.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 2:00:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/14/2012 2:05:47 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Moreover, it could be evolution (haven't looked into it but it's a theory) to make it more adaptable to mankind. Early food source would soon adapt to the grasp of their main consumer.

The banana is a sexually impotent hybrid. More here: http://www.damninteresting.com...
Let us prepare for bananageddon.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 2:03:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is sooooo dirty if you just listen to him talk without watching the video (as I was doing while reading the rest of the comments with it playing in the background).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Heineken
Posts: 1,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 7:24:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've heard a pretty elaborate and intelligent argument for Creation.

The Genesis account describes a "sheet" of water, or ice, surrounding the earth before the flood. During the flood, the water was released (as the account dictates a long period of rain).

At a glance, this looks retarded, but there is some interesting conclusions that can be drawn.

How could a sheet of ice be sustained in the atmosphere?

A: The Spin Ice theory describes a heavily ionized body of frozen water with a magnetic charge. I.e., the ice can levitate over a magnetic field.
In theory, it's not impossible for a sheet of spin-ice to stay fixed in upper atmosphere, held captive by the earth's magnetic field.

What is the result of this ice?

1.> An increase in air pressure. Recall Jurassic Park? They found Dinosaur DNA in amber. Well, real amber doesn't preserve DNA, but it does capture air-bubbles. Hardened amber from several thousand years ago, shows an atmosphere with 33% oxygen. This condition would result in a hyperbaric atmosphere.
This would account for the size of reptiles. Increased blood oxygenation fueled ther growth. In fact, a lot of reptiles grow perpetually. It's not irrational to assume that the hyperbaric condition aggravated the process.
Additionally, it would explain the size of insects. Insects breathe through their skin. That's why they are small. Their size is relative to the amount of oxygen they can absorb rough their skin. It's a mass to surface area ratio. If they grow to large, they asphyxiate. So why do we see fossils of dragon flies the size of chickens? An increased oxygen content per cubic foot of atmospheric volume could account for it.

Additionally, hyperbaric conditions would increase the life expectancy of mammals. When an athlete get's injured, they are placed in a hyperbaric chamber, to increase blood oxygen levels. It increases the healing rate by like 200%. It's astounding.
The quality and health of the human body would increase.

The food supply would be "eden" like. A botanist in California grew a tomato plant in hyperbaric CO2. His plant turned into a tree and yielded thousands of softball size tomatoes.

It is not far-fetched to assume that the Genesis account is attempting to describe a real phenomenon. It doesn't mean God did it, but it does apply a rationale to the story.
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 7:41:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 7:24:59 AM, Heineken wrote:
I've heard a pretty elaborate and intelligent argument for Creation.

The Genesis account describes a "sheet" of water, or ice, surrounding the earth before the flood. During the flood, the water was released (as the account dictates a long period of rain).

At a glance, this looks retarded, but there is some interesting conclusions that can be drawn.

How could a sheet of ice be sustained in the atmosphere?

A: The Spin Ice theory describes a heavily ionized body of frozen water with a magnetic charge. I.e., the ice can levitate over a magnetic field.
In theory, it's not impossible for a sheet of spin-ice to stay fixed in upper atmosphere, held captive by the earth's magnetic field.

What is the result of this ice?

1.> An increase in air pressure. Recall Jurassic Park? They found Dinosaur DNA in amber. Well, real amber doesn't preserve DNA, but it does capture air-bubbles. Hardened amber from several thousand years ago, shows an atmosphere with 33% oxygen. This condition would result in a hyperbaric atmosphere.
This would account for the size of reptiles. Increased blood oxygenation fueled ther growth. In fact, a lot of reptiles grow perpetually. It's not irrational to assume that the hyperbaric condition aggravated the process.
Additionally, it would explain the size of insects. Insects breathe through their skin. That's why they are small. Their size is relative to the amount of oxygen they can absorb rough their skin. It's a mass to surface area ratio. If they grow to large, they asphyxiate. So why do we see fossils of dragon flies the size of chickens? An increased oxygen content per cubic foot of atmospheric volume could account for it.

Additionally, hyperbaric conditions would increase the life expectancy of mammals. When an athlete get's injured, they are placed in a hyperbaric chamber, to increase blood oxygen levels. It increases the healing rate by like 200%. It's astounding.
The quality and health of the human body would increase.

The food supply would be "eden" like. A botanist in California grew a tomato plant in hyperbaric CO2. His plant turned into a tree and yielded thousands of softball size tomatoes.

It is not far-fetched to assume that the Genesis account is attempting to describe a real phenomenon. It doesn't mean God did it, but it does apply a rationale to the story.

*facepalm*

There is only enough water for the sea level to be 200 feet higher than it is now: [http://science.howstuffworks.com...] How do you say that the flood cleared the top of the highest mountains on Earth?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 7:48:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Oh, and the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere has gone up and down during the last 600 million years. 280 million years ago it was about 30%. Climate, volcanoes and plate tectonics all shifted the oxygen level during various time periods.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 7:48:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 7:41:30 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 11/16/2012 7:24:59 AM, Heineken wrote:
I've heard a pretty elaborate and intelligent argument for Creation.

The Genesis account describes a "sheet" of water, or ice, surrounding the earth before the flood. During the flood, the water was released (as the account dictates a long period of rain).

At a glance, this looks retarded, but there is some interesting conclusions that can be drawn.

How could a sheet of ice be sustained in the atmosphere?

A: The Spin Ice theory describes a heavily ionized body of frozen water with a magnetic charge. I.e., the ice can levitate over a magnetic field.
In theory, it's not impossible for a sheet of spin-ice to stay fixed in upper atmosphere, held captive by the earth's magnetic field.

What is the result of this ice?

1.> An increase in air pressure. Recall Jurassic Park? They found Dinosaur DNA in amber. Well, real amber doesn't preserve DNA, but it does capture air-bubbles. Hardened amber from several thousand years ago, shows an atmosphere with 33% oxygen. This condition would result in a hyperbaric atmosphere.
This would account for the size of reptiles. Increased blood oxygenation fueled ther growth. In fact, a lot of reptiles grow perpetually. It's not irrational to assume that the hyperbaric condition aggravated the process.
Additionally, it would explain the size of insects. Insects breathe through their skin. That's why they are small. Their size is relative to the amount of oxygen they can absorb rough their skin. It's a mass to surface area ratio. If they grow to large, they asphyxiate. So why do we see fossils of dragon flies the size of chickens? An increased oxygen content per cubic foot of atmospheric volume could account for it.

Additionally, hyperbaric conditions would increase the life expectancy of mammals. When an athlete get's injured, they are placed in a hyperbaric chamber, to increase blood oxygen levels. It increases the healing rate by like 200%. It's astounding.
The quality and health of the human body would increase.

The food supply would be "eden" like. A botanist in California grew a tomato plant in hyperbaric CO2. His plant turned into a tree and yielded thousands of softball size tomatoes.

It is not far-fetched to assume that the Genesis account is attempting to describe a real phenomenon. It doesn't mean God did it, but it does apply a rationale to the story.

*facepalm*

There is only enough water for the sea level to be 200 feet higher than it is now: [http://science.howstuffworks.com...] How do you say that the flood cleared the top of the highest mountains on Earth?

This and the fact that there is NO EVIDENCE for the hypothesis.

See http://www.talkorigins.org... for the best response to the question of where the water came from. NOAH'S BOAT DOESN'T FLOAT
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Heineken
Posts: 1,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 11:45:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 7:41:30 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 11/16/2012 7:24:59 AM, Heineken wrote:
I've heard a pretty elaborate and intelligent argument for Creation.

The Genesis account describes a "sheet" of water, or ice, surrounding the earth before the flood. During the flood, the water was released (as the account dictates a long period of rain).

At a glance, this looks retarded, but there is some interesting conclusions that can be drawn.

How could a sheet of ice be sustained in the atmosphere?

A: The Spin Ice theory describes a heavily ionized body of frozen water with a magnetic charge. I.e., the ice can levitate over a magnetic field.
In theory, it's not impossible for a sheet of spin-ice to stay fixed in upper atmosphere, held captive by the earth's magnetic field.

What is the result of this ice?

1.> An increase in air pressure. Recall Jurassic Park? They found Dinosaur DNA in amber. Well, real amber doesn't preserve DNA, but it does capture air-bubbles. Hardened amber from several thousand years ago, shows an atmosphere with 33% oxygen. This condition would result in a hyperbaric atmosphere.
This would account for the size of reptiles. Increased blood oxygenation fueled ther growth. In fact, a lot of reptiles grow perpetually. It's not irrational to assume that the hyperbaric condition aggravated the process.
Additionally, it would explain the size of insects. Insects breathe through their skin. That's why they are small. Their size is relative to the amount of oxygen they can absorb rough their skin. It's a mass to surface area ratio. If they grow to large, they asphyxiate. So why do we see fossils of dragon flies the size of chickens? An increased oxygen content per cubic foot of atmospheric volume could account for it.

Additionally, hyperbaric conditions would increase the life expectancy of mammals. When an athlete get's injured, they are placed in a hyperbaric chamber, to increase blood oxygen levels. It increases the healing rate by like 200%. It's astounding.
The quality and health of the human body would increase.

The food supply would be "eden" like. A botanist in California grew a tomato plant in hyperbaric CO2. His plant turned into a tree and yielded thousands of softball size tomatoes.

It is not far-fetched to assume that the Genesis account is attempting to describe a real phenomenon. It doesn't mean God did it, but it does apply a rationale to the story.

*facepalm*

There is only enough water for the sea level to be 200 feet higher than it is now: [http://science.howstuffworks.com...] How do you say that the flood cleared the top of the highest mountains on Earth?

Mouthwash, you're not reading my argument. I didn't say that the Genesis account is true, I said it could be based upon something true. I.e. a real event created an embellished legend.
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
Heineken
Posts: 1,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 11:50:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 7:48:58 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 11/16/2012 7:41:30 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 11/16/2012 7:24:59 AM, Heineken wrote:
I've heard a pretty elaborate and intelligent argument for Creation.

The Genesis account describes a "sheet" of water, or ice, surrounding the earth before the flood. During the flood, the water was released (as the account dictates a long period of rain).

At a glance, this looks retarded, but there is some interesting conclusions that can be drawn.

How could a sheet of ice be sustained in the atmosphere?

A: The Spin Ice theory describes a heavily ionized body of frozen water with a magnetic charge. I.e., the ice can levitate over a magnetic field.
In theory, it's not impossible for a sheet of spin-ice to stay fixed in upper atmosphere, held captive by the earth's magnetic field.

What is the result of this ice?

1.> An increase in air pressure. Recall Jurassic Park? They found Dinosaur DNA in amber. Well, real amber doesn't preserve DNA, but it does capture air-bubbles. Hardened amber from several thousand years ago, shows an atmosphere with 33% oxygen. This condition would result in a hyperbaric atmosphere.
This would account for the size of reptiles. Increased blood oxygenation fueled ther growth. In fact, a lot of reptiles grow perpetually. It's not irrational to assume that the hyperbaric condition aggravated the process.
Additionally, it would explain the size of insects. Insects breathe through their skin. That's why they are small. Their size is relative to the amount of oxygen they can absorb rough their skin. It's a mass to surface area ratio. If they grow to large, they asphyxiate. So why do we see fossils of dragon flies the size of chickens? An increased oxygen content per cubic foot of atmospheric volume could account for it.

Additionally, hyperbaric conditions would increase the life expectancy of mammals. When an athlete get's injured, they are placed in a hyperbaric chamber, to increase blood oxygen levels. It increases the healing rate by like 200%. It's astounding.
The quality and health of the human body would increase.

The food supply would be "eden" like. A botanist in California grew a tomato plant in hyperbaric CO2. His plant turned into a tree and yielded thousands of softball size tomatoes.

It is not far-fetched to assume that the Genesis account is attempting to describe a real phenomenon. It doesn't mean God did it, but it does apply a rationale to the story.

*facepalm*

There is only enough water for the sea level to be 200 feet higher than it is now: [http://science.howstuffworks.com...] How do you say that the flood cleared the top of the highest mountains on Earth?


This and the fact that there is NO EVIDENCE for the hypothesis.

See http://www.talkorigins.org... for the best response to the question of where the water came from. NOAH'S BOAT DOESN'T FLOAT

(Sigh)....I provide a mechanism to support certain aspects of a Biblical story and you jump straight to Nah's ark. Man, I didn't say it's proof for God. I said the theory supports the lore.

People have been praying to the "SunGod" for ages. Should we assume that the sun doesn't exist because we proved their religion bogus? Of course not.
What I'm implying is.....the myth is based on something real. Where there is smoke, there is fire. Get it?
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
Heineken
Posts: 1,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 11:51:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 7:53:43 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Perchance the flood was a sea of lava?

Am I supposed to give an answer to this?
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 12:56:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lol, I love how Hein comes up with a half-decent argument and everyone strawmans it or doesn't even address it.

I don't know how valid it is, I'd have to do some research on it, but if its true its certainly a compelling argument for the genesis creation (not for Noah's ark)
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 5:05:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 12:56:55 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Lol, I love how Hein comes up with a half-decent argument and everyone strawmans it or doesn't even address it.

I don't know how valid it is, I'd have to do some research on it, but if its true its certainly a compelling argument for the genesis creation (not for Noah's ark)

Haven't I just explained why the oxygen levels fluctuate?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)