Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Thinking about changing...

TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 8:50:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
OK, for now I am a christian. I was doing really good. Then I went to church tonight.

They tried and were going to kick me out of church, but the service ended before they could. :D

You know why? THIS IS WHY (1)
They thought I was trying to be distracting. But nope, because I have a disease, I cannot be in church with the others. They said that I was purposely moving my arms to disrupt the others around me. That is simply not true.

I would like to stay in my faith. But if my church is going to be completely incompetent, I don't think I can take the hypocrisy.
The Job of the church and the reason Jesus came was for the
SICK

Well, would the atheists among us and other religions in general treat me differently?
Or is it just my church? I would like to know.

1 = http://en.wikipedia.org...
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 8:57:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's probably just your church. I used to go to a big church, and there was a woman who always sat near the front who had turret. By the time I started going there, everybody else seemed to be used to it, and nobody made a fuss about it.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 8:58:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/14/2012 8:57:03 PM, philochristos wrote:
It's probably just your church. I used to go to a big church, and there was a woman who always sat near the front who had turret. By the time I started going there, everybody else seemed to be used to it, and nobody made a fuss about it.

Good point. MY church is about 600 a week, about 50 in the youth group service I go to. Maybe it's just some excuse for people to hate on me.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 9:44:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If that causes you to leave than you'll be apostatizing for even worse reasons than I originally did.

Sucks about your disease though.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Dogknox
Posts: 5,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 10:21:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/14/2012 8:50:33 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
OK, for now I am a christian. I was doing really good. Then I went to church tonight.

They tried and were going to kick me out of church, but the service ended before they could. :D

You know why? THIS IS WHY (1)
They thought I was trying to be distracting. But nope, because I have a disease, I cannot be in church with the others. They said that I was purposely moving my arms to disrupt the others around me. That is simply not true.

I would like to stay in my faith. But if my church is going to be completely incompetent, I don't think I can take the hypocrisy.
The Job of the church and the reason Jesus came was for the
SICK

Well, would the atheists among us and other religions in general treat me differently?
Or is it just my church? I would like to know.


1 = http://en.wikipedia.org...

TheAntidoter you will continue searching for truth until you enter the Holy Catholic Church!

Church shopping or Church hopping is what protestants do. Searching for the perfect church "One with fellowship"!
TheAntidoter If you want fellowship join your towns Lions Club or Rotary Club. If you want to worship God go to a Catholic Church!
The mass is one big prayer from start to finish!
Starts with, asking for forgiveness. Then Scriptures are read.
Sermon is on the scriptures that were read. Then..
Then it moves into the second part.. The offering to God of an acceptable sacrifice a sacrifice we KNOW he will accept.. His one and only LIVING FOREVER Son is offered to God at the Alter! THEN... Then God gives to us a perfect gift.. He gives us his one and only LIVING FOREVER Son to give us life!
TheAntidoter Catholic's go to church to worship God and to EAT!!

We eat so we live!
Jesus is the LIFE come down from heaven!
Jesus has access to the Tree Of Life.. He is the true manna come down!!
Ephesians 5:29
After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church" 30 for we are members of his body.

TheAntidoter Jesus feeds his body.. We (Catholics) are members of his body.

Dogknox
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 10:37:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I get Tourettes when I go near a church too.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 10:45:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/14/2012 10:37:51 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I get Tourettes when I go near a church too.

You do not, and to claim that is highly offensive. You can control yourself, people with Tourette syndrome cannot control their tics. you're not funny, just ignorant.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 10:46:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/14/2012 10:45:06 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:37:51 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I get Tourettes when I go near a church too.

You do not, and to claim that is highly offensive. You can control yourself, people with Tourette syndrome cannot control their tics. you're not funny, just ignorant.

The term I would use is facetious.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 11:06:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/14/2012 10:46:58 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:45:06 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:37:51 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I get Tourettes when I go near a church too.

You do not, and to claim that is highly offensive. You can control yourself, people with Tourette syndrome cannot control their tics. you're not funny, just ignorant.

The term I would use is facetious.

You are not facetious you are ignorant. You are not amusing by any means. It is people like you who are turning this world into a sh!t hole. You are both ignorant and unintelligent.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 11:35:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/14/2012 11:06:30 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:46:58 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:45:06 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:37:51 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I get Tourettes when I go near a church too.

You do not, and to claim that is highly offensive. You can control yourself, people with Tourette syndrome cannot control their tics. you're not funny, just ignorant.

The term I would use is facetious.

You are not facetious you are ignorant. You are not amusing by any means. It is people like you who are turning this world into a sh!t hole. You are both ignorant and unintelligent.

No, I'm pretty sure I'm facetious and I think you're over-reacting. I'm not making fun of people with Tourette's by merely suggesting that being near a Church causes me to have some of the stereotypical symptoms of Tourettes; that is, swearing uncontrollably. I'm sad that I have to explain this to you.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
DavidJames1
Posts: 122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 5:27:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/14/2012 10:46:58 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:45:06 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:37:51 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I get Tourettes when I go near a church too.

You do not, and to claim that is highly offensive. You can control yourself, people with Tourette syndrome cannot control their tics. you're not funny, just ignorant.

The term I would use is facetious.

Hear, Hear.
Although in my case, I come down with fits of laughter and revulsion!
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 6:47:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
What Dogknox said.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 7:11:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/14/2012 8:50:33 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
OK, for now I am a christian. I was doing really good. Then I went to church tonight.

They tried and were going to kick me out of church, but the service ended before they could. :D

You know why? THIS IS WHY (1)
They thought I was trying to be distracting. But nope, because I have a disease, I cannot be in church with the others. They said that I was purposely moving my arms to disrupt the others around me. That is simply not true.

I would like to stay in my faith. But if my church is going to be completely incompetent, I don't think I can take the hypocrisy.
The Job of the church and the reason Jesus came was for the
SICK

Well, would the atheists among us and other religions in general treat me differently?
Or is it just my church? I would like to know.


1 = http://en.wikipedia.org...

It's probably just the "elite" in that certain church you are attending. I would not leave the Faith because some people suck, you would have to quit society if that was the case.

And yes, some atheists suck too.

If they won't let you come back I would forgive them and look for a new church.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 4:04:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/14/2012 11:35:50 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/14/2012 11:06:30 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:46:58 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:45:06 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:37:51 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I get Tourettes when I go near a church too.

You do not, and to claim that is highly offensive. You can control yourself, people with Tourette syndrome cannot control their tics. you're not funny, just ignorant.

The term I would use is facetious.

You are not facetious you are ignorant. You are not amusing by any means. It is people like you who are turning this world into a sh!t hole. You are both ignorant and unintelligent.

No, I'm pretty sure I'm facetious and I think you're over-reacting. I'm not making fun of people with Tourette's by merely suggesting that being near a Church causes me to have some of the stereotypical symptoms of Tourettes; that is, swearing uncontrollably. I'm sad that I have to explain this to you.

Tourettes is not just swearing. You can control what you say, people with Tourettes cannot control their tics. To claim that association is to belittle those with Tourettes. You are contributing to the stereotypes, prejudices, and misinformation surrounding Tourettes syndrome.
You have no idea how hard it is to live with Tourettes syndrome. I have Tourettes syndrome. My tics are not blurting out cuss words. By contributing to that stereotype you spread misinformation. When I tell people I have tourettes they either don't believe me or assume I am going to blurt out obscenities. It's hard enough coping with the tics I do have, but because of d!cks like you, if I try to explain my tics ignorant people like yourself assume I have additional tics.
By saying that you not only make life harder for people with tourettes, but you belittle people with tourettes.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 4:05:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 5:27:29 PM, DavidJames1 wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:46:58 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:45:06 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:37:51 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I get Tourettes when I go near a church too.

You do not, and to claim that is highly offensive. You can control yourself, people with Tourette syndrome cannot control their tics. you're not funny, just ignorant.

The term I would use is facetious.

Hear, Hear.
Although in my case, I come down with fits of laughter and revulsion!

don't encourage the @sshole, less you become one yourself.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 4:13:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 4:04:17 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2012 11:35:50 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/14/2012 11:06:30 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:46:58 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:45:06 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:37:51 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I get Tourettes when I go near a church too.

You do not, and to claim that is highly offensive. You can control yourself, people with Tourette syndrome cannot control their tics. you're not funny, just ignorant.

The term I would use is facetious.

You are not facetious you are ignorant. You are not amusing by any means. It is people like you who are turning this world into a sh!t hole. You are both ignorant and unintelligent.

No, I'm pretty sure I'm facetious and I think you're over-reacting. I'm not making fun of people with Tourette's by merely suggesting that being near a Church causes me to have some of the stereotypical symptoms of Tourettes; that is, swearing uncontrollably. I'm sad that I have to explain this to you.

Tourettes is not just swearing. You can control what you say, people with Tourettes cannot control their tics. To claim that association is to belittle those with Tourettes. You are contributing to the stereotypes, prejudices, and misinformation surrounding Tourettes syndrome.
You have no idea how hard it is to live with Tourettes syndrome. I have Tourettes syndrome. My tics are not blurting out cuss words. By contributing to that stereotype you spread misinformation. When I tell people I have tourettes they either don't believe me or assume I am going to blurt out obscenities. It's hard enough coping with the tics I do have, but because of d!cks like you, if I try to explain my tics ignorant people like yourself assume I have additional tics.
By saying that you not only make life harder for people with tourettes, but you belittle people with tourettes.

I didn't even know there was a syndrome like that. So you don't curse like the wiki says? I can't say I've ever met anyone that has that. I did work with a guy that would say whatever he was thinking when we would poke him in the ribs. We used to torture him with it. One night we were going out to eat and he was holding the door for a lady with a nice rack. I poked him good and he shouted out what he thought about her endowment.

That isn't tourettes is it?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 4:21:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 4:04:17 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2012 11:35:50 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/14/2012 11:06:30 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:46:58 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:45:06 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:37:51 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I get Tourettes when I go near a church too.

You do not, and to claim that is highly offensive. You can control yourself, people with Tourette syndrome cannot control their tics. you're not funny, just ignorant.

The term I would use is facetious.

You are not facetious you are ignorant. You are not amusing by any means. It is people like you who are turning this world into a sh!t hole. You are both ignorant and unintelligent.

No, I'm pretty sure I'm facetious and I think you're over-reacting. I'm not making fun of people with Tourette's by merely suggesting that being near a Church causes me to have some of the stereotypical symptoms of Tourettes; that is, swearing uncontrollably. I'm sad that I have to explain this to you.

Tourettes is not just swearing. You can control what you say, people with Tourettes cannot control their tics. To claim that association is to belittle those with Tourettes. You are contributing to the stereotypes, prejudices, and misinformation surrounding Tourettes syndrome.
You have no idea how hard it is to live with Tourettes syndrome. I have Tourettes syndrome. My tics are not blurting out cuss words. By contributing to that stereotype you spread misinformation. When I tell people I have tourettes they either don't believe me or assume I am going to blurt out obscenities. It's hard enough coping with the tics I do have, but because of d!cks like you, if I try to explain my tics ignorant people like yourself assume I have additional tics.
By saying that you not only make life harder for people with tourettes, but you belittle people with tourettes.

Well I'm sorry you have tourettes but I suggest you grow a thicker skin. My joke was clearly aimed at the church rather than people with tourettes. You need to get off the defensive. A movie like Deuce Bigolo makes fun of people with Tourette's. If I said 'you're as blind as a bat', should blind people get offended? Should bats get offended? Do you get offended every single time anyone mentions tourettes? Isn't that exhausting?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 4:24:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 4:13:48 PM, jharry wrote:
I didn't even know there was a syndrome like that. So you don't curse like the wiki says? I can't say I've ever met anyone that has that. I did work with a guy that would say whatever he was thinking when we would poke him in the ribs. We used to torture him with it. One night we were going out to eat and he was holding the door for a lady with a nice rack. I poked him good and he shouted out what he thought about her endowment.

That isn't tourettes is it?

Lmfao. That sounds like a Brian Eggleston response.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 4:49:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 4:21:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/16/2012 4:04:17 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2012 11:35:50 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/14/2012 11:06:30 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:46:58 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:45:06 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:37:51 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I get Tourettes when I go near a church too.

You do not, and to claim that is highly offensive. You can control yourself, people with Tourette syndrome cannot control their tics. you're not funny, just ignorant.

The term I would use is facetious.

You are not facetious you are ignorant. You are not amusing by any means. It is people like you who are turning this world into a sh!t hole. You are both ignorant and unintelligent.

No, I'm pretty sure I'm facetious and I think you're over-reacting. I'm not making fun of people with Tourette's by merely suggesting that being near a Church causes me to have some of the stereotypical symptoms of Tourettes; that is, swearing uncontrollably. I'm sad that I have to explain this to you.

Tourettes is not just swearing. You can control what you say, people with Tourettes cannot control their tics. To claim that association is to belittle those with Tourettes. You are contributing to the stereotypes, prejudices, and misinformation surrounding Tourettes syndrome.
You have no idea how hard it is to live with Tourettes syndrome. I have Tourettes syndrome. My tics are not blurting out cuss words. By contributing to that stereotype you spread misinformation. When I tell people I have tourettes they either don't believe me or assume I am going to blurt out obscenities. It's hard enough coping with the tics I do have, but because of d!cks like you, if I try to explain my tics ignorant people like yourself assume I have additional tics.
By saying that you not only make life harder for people with tourettes, but you belittle people with tourettes.

Well I'm sorry you have tourettes but I suggest you grow a thicker skin. My joke was clearly aimed at the church rather than people with tourettes. You need to get off the defensive.
I don't care about who you aimed it at. If you said "I deserve the medal of honor", after helping an elderly medal of honor recipient cross the street; the elderly man you helped cross the street would be offended by that remark. He would not find i witty or humorous. You are belittling what others went through, and it's offensive.
A movie like Deuce Bigolo makes fun of people with Tourette's. If I said 'you're as blind as a bat', should blind people get offended?
If the person you are calling blind as a bat is blind, than yes.
Should bats get offended?
yes, because you are belittling the fact that all bats have bad eye sight, and the fact they have overcome their handicap.
Do you get offended every single time anyone mentions tourettes? Isn't that exhausting?
No I don't. When people claim to have tourettes syndrome when they don't, or when people openly mock tourettes syndrome, than I get offended.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 4:52:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/14/2012 8:50:33 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
OK, for now I am a christian. I was doing really good. Then I went to church tonight.

They tried and were going to kick me out of church, but the service ended before they could. :D

You know why? THIS IS WHY (1)
They thought I was trying to be distracting. But nope, because I have a disease, I cannot be in church with the others. They said that I was purposely moving my arms to disrupt the others around me. That is simply not true.

I would like to stay in my faith. But if my church is going to be completely incompetent, I don't think I can take the hypocrisy.
The Job of the church and the reason Jesus came was for the
SICK

Well, would the atheists among us and other religions in general treat me differently?
Or is it just my church? I would like to know.


1 = http://en.wikipedia.org...

The failure of your church to act like one is not a reason to disbelieve in God. I think you need communication, tell your church about your problem. At the moment, they are being normal human beings and assuming things.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 5:01:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 4:13:48 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/16/2012 4:04:17 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2012 11:35:50 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/14/2012 11:06:30 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:46:58 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:45:06 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:37:51 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I get Tourettes when I go near a church too.

You do not, and to claim that is highly offensive. You can control yourself, people with Tourette syndrome cannot control their tics. you're not funny, just ignorant.

The term I would use is facetious.

You are not facetious you are ignorant. You are not amusing by any means. It is people like you who are turning this world into a sh!t hole. You are both ignorant and unintelligent.

No, I'm pretty sure I'm facetious and I think you're over-reacting. I'm not making fun of people with Tourette's by merely suggesting that being near a Church causes me to have some of the stereotypical symptoms of Tourettes; that is, swearing uncontrollably. I'm sad that I have to explain this to you.

Tourettes is not just swearing. You can control what you say, people with Tourettes cannot control their tics. To claim that association is to belittle those with Tourettes. You are contributing to the stereotypes, prejudices, and misinformation surrounding Tourettes syndrome.
You have no idea how hard it is to live with Tourettes syndrome. I have Tourettes syndrome. My tics are not blurting out cuss words. By contributing to that stereotype you spread misinformation. When I tell people I have tourettes they either don't believe me or assume I am going to blurt out obscenities. It's hard enough coping with the tics I do have, but because of d!cks like you, if I try to explain my tics ignorant people like yourself assume I have additional tics.
By saying that you not only make life harder for people with tourettes, but you belittle people with tourettes.

I didn't even know there was a syndrome like that. So you don't curse like the wiki says?
some people do. It depends on the tics. There are a long range of tics, including things like, blinking, snapping fingers, humming, cracking your neck, smiling, tapping your food, clearing your throat, and so on. It gets worse when the person is nervous, uncomfortable, or stressed. About 10% of Americans have a mild form Torettes. According to Dr. Fox, a specialist in Tourettes syndrome; Me and my brother have the worst cases he has ever seen. Dr. Fox also has Tourettes.

Only a small number of people with Tourettes blurt out curse words.

My tics improved as I reached adulthood, but my brother was not as lucky.

I can't say I've ever met anyone that has that. I did work with a guy that would say whatever he was thinking when we would poke him in the ribs. We used to torture him with it. One night we were going out to eat and he was holding the door for a lady with a nice rack. I poked him good and he shouted out what he thought about her endowment.

That isn't tourettes is it?

here is a link about tourettes, that you can read.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 5:05:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
DanT, this is pretty hypocritical. You hate political correctness and want to be able to insult African Americans, but you have a problem if someone insults people with your disability? Why are you attempting to stifle Tvellalot's freedom of speech?
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 6:17:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 5:08:49 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
My tics improved as I reached adulthood, but my brother was not as lucky.

What does it feel like to know you have a tic coming?

It's quite weird. You don't want to do it, but If you don't do it, you'll do it anyway. Much like a bugbite's feeling, except
1. It isn't itchy
2. You really don't have a choice whether you scratch it or not
You want to do it, but you really don't. It's complicated to explain.
My onset of it "plagues" the neck, so I roll it around, usually I just "throw" it toward my right shoulder.
I'm lucky that it didn't affect something like my arms and legs and limbs like that:
Those people, if it is serious enough, cannot write, type, eat properly.
I'm glad.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 6:24:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
By the way, I would say that my case is normal: not mild and not severe

I don't have noticable vocal tics: That I am glad for.

Coprolalia (the spontaneous utterance of socially objectionable or taboo words or phrases) is the most publicized symptom of Tourette's, but it is not required for a diagnosis of Tourette's and only about 10% of Tourette's patients exhibit it.

So really, not many people with Touretts have vocal tics. That's just what people notice.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 7:07:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 5:05:47 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
DanT, this is pretty hypocritical. You hate political correctness and want to be able to insult African Americans,
I don't want to insult African Americans.

but you have a problem if someone insults people with your disability? Why are you attempting to stifle Tvellalot's freedom of speech?

I'm advocating personal restraint. I am against government regulation of speech. Freedom of speech means the government can't regulate speech; it does not mean you can say what ever you want without social ostracism. People should know better than to call someone a "nigger", or to claim someone has an illness they don't have. I am also against the misuse of words. The reason why "colored", "black", and "negro" are now politically incorrect is because the terms were misused. "retard" was originally a medical term, now it's politically incorrect, because people misused it.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 7:24:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 5:08:49 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
My tics improved as I reached adulthood, but my brother was not as lucky.

What does it feel like to know you have a tic coming?

For me it's like someone else is controlling my body. I try to fight it. When I was younger I couldn't. As I got older I was able to gain more control. It's kinda like being possessed. One of my ticks was tapping my foot, the other was blinking. The more stressed I was the more those ticks showed. I also had numerous other tics, which was much worse. Originally I was diagnosed with oppositional defiant disorder, and pumped with meds that resulted in other misdiagnoses. I was backer-acted several times as a result of the misdiagnoses. I was also kicked out of the gifted class (a class for people with high IQs), because Florida segregates people with disabilities into "EH Classes". The Florida middle school where I lived segregated students into different schools entirely.

It was not until I received the tourettes diagnoses, and was properly medicated, that my life turned around.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 7:31:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 7:07:20 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/16/2012 5:05:47 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
DanT, this is pretty hypocritical. You hate political correctness and want to be able to insult African Americans,
I don't want to insult African Americans.

but you have a problem if someone insults people with your disability? Why are you attempting to stifle Tvellalot's freedom of speech?

I'm advocating personal restraint. I am against government regulation of speech. Freedom of speech means the government can't regulate speech; it does not mean you can say what ever you want without social ostracism. People should know better than to call someone a "nigger", or to claim someone has an illness they don't have. I am also against the misuse of words. The reason why "colored", "black", and "negro" are now politically incorrect is because the terms were misused. "retard" was originally a medical term, now it's politically incorrect, because people misused it.

I have said multiple times, just because you have a right to do something does not mean it is right to do it. Just because you can does not mean you should.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
question4u
Posts: 492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 8:00:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/16/2012 6:24:52 PM, TheAntidoter

I am delighted that this happen to you only so you can open your eyes to the truth. I can promise you, that you joined the church hoping that they will help change your condition but it did not. Well if you did not that was my case. No matter what religion you go to will not fix the problem of making you feel loved or take away your condition. Christians suppose to have to power of their jesus but I realize that is a lie. I realize what true love was over the past year then I ever have, did religion or a man made belief system do this for me no. I search out every religion I believe that is popular and none popular, I realize that most all religions can cast out demons, have you to go in a trance, people to seem to be healed or even go the far as healing a person but with a price to pay.

When you where younger and got in trouble and needed help out of asituation who did you call on? Beginning to Journey of Love