Catholic's Perspective on this story

emj32
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 9:51:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.latimes.com...

So basically, a woman in Ireland died when she was denied an abortion because of Ireland's strict Catholic laws regarding abortion. She went to the hospital because she was suffering severe back pains, vomiting, etc. Turns out she was having a miscarriage. When she was begging for an abortion because how excruciating the pain was, the doctors denied the abortion, citing the strict Catholic laws. Note the reason they denied it, besides the fact that abortion is strictly illegal, is because there was a heartbeat. Turns out not only did the baby die, but days later she died due to blood poisoning from not getting an abortion.

So my question to Catholics is, what is your opinion on this? Do you support Ireland's extremely strict laws regarding abortion? Do you support them enforcing these laws onto people who don't abide by Catholicism? I mean, where do you draw the line? I'm all for freedom of religion, but when somebody dies because of your religious laws, something has to be changed. I'm not attacking or condemning Catholicism as a religion, a quick side note. So what's your opinion on this?
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 10:07:50 PM
At 11/14/2012 9:51:09 PM, emj32 wrote:

So basically, a woman in Ireland died when she was denied an abortion because of Ireland's strict Catholic laws regarding abortion. She went to the hospital because she was suffering severe back pains, vomiting, etc. Turns out she was having a miscarriage. When she was begging for an abortion because how excruciating the pain was, the doctors denied the abortion, citing the strict Catholic laws. Note the reason they denied it, besides the fact that abortion is strictly illegal, is because there was a heartbeat. Turns out not only did the baby die, but days later she died due to blood poisoning from not getting an abortion.

So my question to Catholics is, what is your opinion on this? Do you support Ireland's extremely strict laws regarding abortion? Do you support them enforcing these laws onto people who don't abide by Catholicism? I mean, where do you draw the line? I'm all for freedom of religion, but when somebody dies because of your religious laws, something has to be changed. I'm not attacking or condemning Catholicism as a religion, a quick side note. So what's your opinion on this?

Abortion KILLS babies!

I am Catholic....
Killing to save does not make any sense...

Lets say.. "I am pregnant, I am not married, and want to go out partying"!
Choices.. 1) Have the baby, I am tied down to a life of raising the baby!
2) KILL the baby go partying!!

Killing the baby will fix my problems.. NOT the babies!!
Killing the innocent, the defenseless, the weak.. Is not what humanity does it is what ANIMALS DO!!

It is not what Jesus did.
He died for us the defenseless, weak: all of us needed help and he the most powerful took our place!
It is what love does.. LOVE puts yourself last!!

The low birth rate is distorting the world... More old people then young people..
One EXAMPLE of many.. Italy and Spain have more people dying then being born.. they will disappear!!

The young are being forced to carry the burden of the country full of old people... The next step is logical.. "Kill the Old People!!"

KILLING does not do anything but fill Satan' house with souls!!

Dogknox
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 1:07:01 AM

It doesn't say she died because she was denied an abortion, she was just denied an abortion and died of blood poisoning.

So my question to Catholics is, what is your opinion on this? Do you support Ireland's extremely strict laws regarding abortion?

Yes.

Do you support them enforcing these laws onto people who don't abide by Catholicism?

Yes.

I mean, where do you draw the line? I'm all for freedom of religion, but when somebody dies because of your religious laws, something has to be changed.

Why? Loads of fetuses are dying from a lack of laws against abortion.

I'm not attacking or condemning Catholicism as a religion, a quick side note. So what's your opinion on this?

I suppose if an abortion would have saved her life, it may have been necessary. However, I see no evidence supporting that.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 1:43:39 AM
"Halappanavar's husband, Praveen, said doctors determined that she was miscarrying within hours of her hospitalization for severe pain on Sunday, Oct. 21. He said that over the next three days doctors refused their requests for a termination of her fetus to combat her own surging pain and fading health."

Damn, that's like a horror story.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 1:51:27 AM
I've been debating with myself about abortion lately but it's hard to argue its necessity in cases like this.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 2:13:41 AM
"The Galway Roscommon University Hospitals Group said it could not discuss the details of her case with reporters, but was reviewing the unexpected death in line with its usual procedures to establish what had happened."

There may be more to this than we are seeing.

In the report it mentions abortion in case of death to the mother is allowed but it is unclear what actually happened.

But back to the question. Is murdering one person to save another a good policy to have? For a Catholic it should be an easy choice. My wife is not even Catholic but she said she would refuse an abortion even at the cost of her own life if her child is alive. So for ANY person of Faith it is not even a question.

Now as far as non Catholics living in a Catholic society? I hope you can figure this one out on your own.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 5:39:45 AM
At 11/14/2012 10:07:50 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Abortion KILLS babies!

I am Catholic....

Killing the innocent, the defenseless, the weak.. Is not what humanity does it is what ANIMALS DO!!

He died for us the defenseless, weak: all of us needed help and he the most powerful took our place!

The low birth rate is distorting the world... More old people then young people..
One EXAMPLE of many.. Italy and Spain have more people dying then being born.. they will disappear!!

The young are being forced to carry the burden of the country full of old people... The next step is logical.. "Kill the Old People!!"

Dogknox

Did you even read the story? A woman DIED because of this nonsense. Two souls went to Satan's house!
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 5:41:43 AM
At 11/15/2012 1:07:01 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

It doesn't say she died because she was denied an abortion, she was just denied an abortion and died of blood poisoning.

The inability to get the abortion caused blood poisoning.
So my question to Catholics is, what is your opinion on this? Do you support Ireland's extremely strict laws regarding abortion?

Yes.

Yes, no abortions even if the woman is going to die. Women are just your breeding machines.

I hope your future girlfriend figures out what you think about women before she decides to marry you, because that will be the most horrifying decision she makes in her life.
Do you support them enforcing these laws onto people who don't abide by Catholicism?

Yes.

Wow. You are for imposing your views on others?
I mean, where do you draw the line? I'm all for freedom of religion, but when somebody dies because of your religious laws, something has to be changed.

I'm not attacking or condemning Catholicism as a religion, a quick side note. So what's your opinion on this?

I suppose if an abortion would have saved her life, it may have been necessary. However, I see no evidence supporting that.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 6:07:59 AM
At 11/15/2012 5:41:43 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

I didn't know you were a healthcare professional.

Yes.

Yes, no abortions even if the woman is going to die. Women are just your breeding machines.

There's an exception if the woman's life is endangered. Did you even read the article?

I hope your future girlfriend figures out what you think about women before she decides to marry you, because that will be the most horrifying decision she makes in her life.

Yes.

That's what I said, isn't it?

'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 8:03:52 AM
At 11/15/2012 5:42:46 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I just lost all respect for Ireland. I hope the UK has enough sense to conquer it again.

Please go to belfast and proclaim that.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:41:08 AM
At 11/15/2012 5:39:45 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/14/2012 10:07:50 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Abortion KILLS babies!

I am Catholic....

Dogknox

royalpaladin good to meet you... You said..

Did you even read the story? A woman DIED because of this nonsense. Two souls went to Satan's house!
I reply: WRONG.. The woman went to heaven the Baby went to heaven!
The Doctor is going to heaven.. MURDER is a MORTAL SIN he killed no one!!!
The baby was not aborted, if the baby was aborted there would still be no reason to think the mother would have lived! If the baby was aborted FOR SURE the baby would have died.. NO QUESTION!
NOT Aborting the baby still gave hope, for the baby!
The Doctor took the hypocoristic oath of ethical professional behavior!
The Abortion Doctor takes the HYPOCRITES Oath of; DO HARM claim it is good! ha-ha

Mortal sins KILL the soul!!
DICTIONARY DOT COM
MORTAL..
1.subject to death; having a transitory life: all mortal creatures.
2.of or pertaining to human beings as subject to death; human: this mortal life.
3.belonging to this world.
4.deadly or implacable; relentless: a mortal enemy.
5.severe, dire, grievous, or bitter: in mortal fear.

Dogknox
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:52:22 AM
At 11/15/2012 6:07:59 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

OMG AMTY, I did not know you were that f*cking retarded. From the article:

James Burke said he and his wife learned that their child wouldn"t survive outside the womb because of a rare syndrome, but were told they had leave the country to get a medical termination.

Yes.

There's an exception if the woman's life is endangered. Did you even read the article?

Even doctors who think abortion is needed may fear arrest or losing their careers, abortion activists say. Critics argue the legal limbo makes doctors so uneasy that they refuse to perform the procedure even when mothers are at risk or a baby is already expected to die.

Not necessarily.

Yes.

Did you even read the article? No wonder people strongly dislike Catholicism and the neo-cons.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 11:05:49 AM
At 11/15/2012 10:52:22 AM, Microsuck wrote:

James Burke said he and his wife learned that their child wouldn"t survive outside the womb because of a rare syndrome, but were told they had leave the country to get a medical termination.

Please point out how that says the blood poisoning was caused by a lack of an abortion.

Yes.

Even doctors who think abortion is needed may fear arrest or losing their careers, abortion activists say. Critics argue the legal limbo makes doctors so uneasy that they refuse to perform the procedure even when mothers are at risk or a baby is already expected to die.

Not necessarily.

The exception exists, whether or not it is used.

Yes.

Did you even read the article? No wonder people strongly dislike Catholicism and the neo-cons.

Yup.
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 11:13:45 AM
At 11/15/2012 11:05:49 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

Please point out how that says the blood poisoning was caused by a lack of an abortion.

Ireland's government confirmed Wednesday that Halappanavar suffered from blood poisoning and died after being denied an abortion

http://www.cbsnews.com...

Yes.

Not necessarily.

Exactly. They are afraid to administer the life-saving abortion because of the Catholic cult.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 11:33:00 AM
At 11/15/2012 11:13:45 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 11/15/2012 11:05:49 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

Ireland's government confirmed Wednesday that Halappanavar suffered from blood poisoning and died after being denied an abortion

'University Hospital Galway in western Ireland declined to say whether doctors believed Halappanavar's blood poisoning could have been reversed had she received an abortion rather than wait for the fetus to die on its own.'

Yes.

Not necessarily.

Exactly. They are afraid to administer the life-saving abortion because of the Catholic cult.

Glad to see we agree that the exception exist.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 12:04:06 PM

What are you talking about? AMTY was replying to royal about the women that died. Why you bringing up a totally different story that has nothing to do with what AMTY was addressing. You sound like you are raging because you disagree and nothing more.

Yes.

Now you are railing Catholic policy by using doctors that knew about the law before signing up? Really? Come on man, try to be somewhat genuine.

Not necessarily.

Yes.

I'm wondering the same thing? Did you really read it? Or did you just accept the parts that supported your hatred of Catholics and ignore the rest?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
DavidJames1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 5:22:10 PM
At 11/15/2012 8:03:52 AM, muzebreak wrote:
I just lost all respect for Ireland. I hope the UK has enough sense to conquer it again.

Belfast is in Northern Ireland and is thus part of the UK
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:07:22 PM

Abortion kills babies.. and you have lost respect for Ireland.
I hold them up as a example to the rest of the world.
KILLING is wrong and killing babies is worse!
Fixing "YOUR" problems by KILLING is wrong, no matter how you slice it!

Dogknox
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:37:47 PM

LOL, I'm not going anywhere near the terrorist IRA.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:44:29 PM
At 11/15/2012 10:37:47 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

LOL, I'm not going anywhere near the terrorist IRA.

So, PLO, good, IRA, bad.

Why?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 2:53:03 PM
Abortion KILLS babies!

Killing to save another does not make any sense...
Killing the baby will fix "MY" problems.. NOT the babies!!

Killing the innocent, the defenseless, and the weak.. Is not what humanity does, it is what ANIMALS DO!!

Jesus died for us the defenseless, weak: all of us needed help and he took our place!
LOVE puts the weak first!
The low birth rate is distorting the world... More old people then young people.

Spain has more people dying then being born.. Spain will disappear, or changed by immigration overwhelming the Spanish nationals!

The young are being forced to carry the burden of the country filled with old people...
The next step is logical.. "Kill the Old People!!"

KILLING is what Hitler did!!

The Catholic Church is the ONLY Church telling the world.. "Abortion is WRONG!"
Fifty years ago all churches said; "Abortion is wrong", now today all other churches except the Catholic Church teach; Abortion is "Condoned by God as being right and just"!

44 million abortions are performed globally each year, in China there are 20 million men who will never marry for lack of finding a wife!
All developed nations are at 2.1 birth rate or less per family, meaning all run negative population growth!

Another effect of abortion is; All the emigrants now needed because of abortion. They are coming from undeveloped countries with greater birth rates, the world is becoming lopsided because of the evils of abortion!

Dogknox
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 3:12:58 PM
Dogknox, if you want to die because you think a volcano is going to give you rewards in the afterlife, fine. I'm not dying for your silly beliefs, however. It's my life, and I will choose to deny aid to anybody I wish to deny aid to.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 11:18:30 PM
At 11/16/2012 3:12:58 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Dogknox, if you want to die because you think a volcano is going to give you rewards in the afterlife, fine. I'm not dying for your silly beliefs, however. It's my life, and I will choose to deny aid to anybody I wish to deny aid to.
royalpaladin I am sure the Jews in Germany before the war said the same as you! Then they were marched off to the death chamber! Your world is not the right kind of world, your world is not a Christian world.

The woman will proclaim; "It is MY BODY!"
I point out, her body is also the babies BODY, the ONLY difference is, the Baby has no voice except for the Catholic Church!!!

She is suppose to share her body in love with her husband and then with her baby, as God and Nature intended!
It is is her body but not JUST her body, when she is pregnant it is also the babies body!!!

The baby is in the body of the woman, the baby is part of the woman, the woman who murders her own child is killing a peace of herself and her soul! It is just this blunt!

Dogknox
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 6:45:11 AM
At 11/16/2012 11:18:30 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 11/16/2012 3:12:58 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
royalpaladin I am sure the Jews in Germany before the war said the same as you! Then they were marched off to the death chamber! Your world is not the right kind of world, your world is not a Christian world.

The woman will proclaim; "It is MY BODY!"
I point out, her body is also the babies BODY, the ONLY difference is, the Baby has no voice except for the Catholic Church!!!

She is suppose to share her body in love with her husband and then with her baby, as God and Nature intended!
It is is her body but not JUST her body, when she is pregnant it is also the babies body!!!

The baby is in the body of the woman, the baby is part of the woman, the woman who murders her own child is killing a peace of herself and her soul! It is just this blunt!

Dogknox

If the baby is part of a woman's body, she can terminate it at any time. My body is my own and I can do with it what I please. I can chop my limbs off if I so desire, and the Catholic Church has no right to stop me.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 8:34:35 AM
At 11/17/2012 6:45:11 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
If the baby is part of a woman's body, she can terminate it at any time. My body is my own and I can do with it what I please. I can chop my limbs off if I so desire, and the Catholic Church has no right to stop me.

I don't like the idea of your killing an eight month old baby, and think it's probably (in america at least) pretty much your fault if you've got one in your tummy (there's such things as birth control, pregnancy tests, and Early abortions)... At least it's Much more Your fault than the Baby/"Parasite" that you caused/allowed to come to be.

I would try to dissuade you from sticking it with sharp objects, or scrambling it's brain...
This includes, perhaps, supporting a police force to throw you in jail for a bit if you do such things.. so as to dissuade others from bringing forth Feeling thinking things (like by having sex, not seeing if they're pregnant, and not having abortions before the thing can feel/think) and then so unsympathetically bringing violent harm to them.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 8:36:53 AM
that said, of course the story that the thread's based on is an absolute horror.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."