Jump to topic:

Why I asked : Who,Why,What For? ?

falconduler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 4:23:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The questions I posed dealing with the murder of Jesus were designed to get Christians and other interested parties to think a little more deeply about the Crucifixion ;beyond the advanced sophomoric sunday school level.
And i was disappointed with all the answers .
Any cursory review of Gospel accounts would indicate the commonly held beliefs about the who,why and for what reason Jesus was killed.

But what I wanted you to think about was the abject hatred in the hearts of those who murdered him. If Jesus was the very personification of compassion ,love and generosity;if he was the physical manifestation of God in the flesh who healed the sick and terminally ill ,fed the hungry and treated everyone with mercy and love;and if he treated those that were not of his culture with the same love and compassion;then who but the very demons of hell would want to sadistically ,torture and murder him?
Think about who we are dealing with.

all who answered get a C- for the exam.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 4:27:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/15/2012 4:23:13 PM, falconduler wrote:
The questions I posed dealing with the murder of Jesus were designed to get Christians and other interested parties to think a little more deeply about the Crucifixion ;beyond the advanced sophomoric sunday school level.
And i was disappointed with all the answers .
Any cursory review of Gospel accounts would indicate the commonly held beliefs about the who,why and for what reason Jesus was killed.

But what I wanted you to think about was the abject hatred in the hearts of those who murdered him. If Jesus was the very personification of compassion ,love and generosity;if he was the physical manifestation of God in the flesh who healed the sick and terminally ill ,fed the hungry and treated everyone with mercy and love;and if he treated those that were not of his culture with the same love and compassion;then who but the very demons of hell would want to sadistically ,torture and murder him?

Clearly, you don't understand people at all.

Think about who we are dealing with.

all who answered get a C- for the exam.

A higher grade than I usually get. I'm satisfied.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13