Jump to topic:

Why is Jesus portrayed as white?

twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 8:00:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why is Jesus always drawn as a whiter person? Because he was born in the middle east, it makes sense for him to be brown? Now, that we know he was probably brown, why do people still draw him as white. Shouldn't they draw Jesus as brown?

http://www.lightplanet.com...
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 8:10:25 PM
At 11/16/2012 8:06:45 PM, medic0506 wrote:
It's the rich white man thing again. They control everything.

nah dude, jesus is clearly white in all those tree stumps and things he appears in.
signature
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 8:10:44 PM
At 11/16/2012 8:05:34 PM, badger wrote:
maybe he was albino?

I'm not sure whether I should sig that because of the comic genius, or send it to Ima for the weekly stupid.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 8:13:26 PM
At 11/16/2012 8:10:25 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/16/2012 8:06:45 PM, medic0506 wrote:
It's the rich white man thing again. They control everything.

nah dude, jesus is clearly white in all those tree stumps and things he appears in.

And His whiteness always displaces the brown on the toast.

I'm shutting up now before I get in trouble for this.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 8:20:31 PM
At 11/16/2012 8:00:27 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Why is Jesus always drawn as a whiter person?
Because Christianity became a European religion through the Roman Empire.
Because he was born in the middle east, it makes sense for him to be brown?
Brown no. Olive skin tone, yes. He would look more Mediterranean. He would probably look like Oded Fehr.
http://www.whatyareading.com...
Now, that we know he was probably brown, why do people still draw him as white. Shouldn't they draw Jesus as brown?

The painters of Jesus was European.

"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 8:22:01 PM
Why is Jesus always drawn as a whiter person? Because he was born in the middle east, it makes sense for him to be brown? Now, that we know he was probably brown, why do people still draw him as white. Shouldn't they draw Jesus as brown?

I am a brownskin human being, so people will call me african american but since my granfather is native american I will just stick with brownskin human at this moment. Well brownskin people make jesus into a african man such as the Rastafarians, some asians make him asians and so on and so on. What if I tell you that jesus never existed? He was created by the catholic church for control of the poor and weak minded. The first picture we got of jesus studies shows that he looked like a muslim, way after claims of jesus dying and resurecting this picture came about. But the most famous pictures we got of jesus is last supper, the blue eyes european looking curly hair jesus was from lenoardo da vinci at the order of pope alexander vi to look like his son cesare borgia, he did and was paid for it, we still have these pictures to this very day in every church, houses all across the world, because a man created an idol for weak minded and poor people to follow some kind of god instead of seeking to find the true creator. Research all things very shocking truths even from the catholics writings.

Short answer is because it is Cesare Borgia and to make the european race seem to be superior then all others, when in reality we are all made in the same image, we just are just different in pigment , and there is only one creator and he is not a man, never was and never will be.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 8:22:41 PM

People probably shouldn't be painting Jesus, period.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 8:29:22 PM
At 11/16/2012 8:26:45 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Jesus was actually black.

no. If Jesus existed he would be Semitic.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 8:30:15 PM
At 11/16/2012 8:29:22 PM, DanT wrote:

The original Jews were African. They were not European Jews, lmao.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 8:32:19 PM
Actually, it's funny that the European Jews have expelled the real Jews, the African Jews, from Israel. What claim do they have over the land? NONE.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 8:49:12 PM
At 11/16/2012 8:30:15 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

I said Semitic. The original Jews were Semitic. The Hebrew people were a branch of Canaanites. The Hebrew religion was originally polytheistic like the Canaanites; the Hebrew religion was actually a variation of the Canaanite religion. The Canaanite religion is a variation of the Akkadian religion (Assyrian/Babylonian), which is a variation of the Sumerian religion. Both the Canaanites and Akkadians are Semitic cultures. In the 10th millennium BC the Sumerian and Semitic people were one and the same. The Semitic language, like the Semitic culture, originated in Mesopotamia.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 8:51:08 PM
At 11/16/2012 8:49:12 PM, DanT wrote:

I said Semitic. The original Jews were Semitic. The Hebrew people were a branch of Canaanites. The Hebrew religion was originally polytheistic like the Canaanites; the Hebrew religion was actually a variation of the Canaanite religion. The Canaanite religion is a variation of the Akkadian religion (Assyrian/Babylonian), which is a variation of the Sumerian religion. Both the Canaanites and Akkadians are Semitic cultures. In the 10th millennium BC the Sumerian and Semitic people were one and the same. The Semitic language, like the Semitic culture, originated in Mesopotamia.

I provided a link that indicates that they were African.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 9:03:57 PM
At 11/16/2012 8:51:08 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 11/16/2012 8:49:12 PM, DanT wrote:

I provided a link that indicates that they were African.

chart: http://mathildasanthropologyblog.files.wordpress.com...
link: http://mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.com...

chart: http://www.lebtahor.com...
link: http://www.lebtahor.com...
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 10:26:40 PM

He'd have olive color skin. And it's because of major corruption in the early church. I believe the model that Jesus is made off of is Ceasar Borgia. (Michelangelo painted him as Jesus...) The Borgia were not nice people.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 10:31:27 PM
He's drawn to please his audience.

The biggest Christian audience in the world right now is Europe and the United States - primarily white regions.

Therefore he is depicted as white. It's really not that hard.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 10:34:57 PM
At 11/16/2012 10:31:27 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

The biggest Christian audience in the world right now is Europe and the United States - primarily white regions.

IN the black community, he's portrayed as black. In Asia, he is commonly depicted as Asian. It really doesn't matter.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 10:38:37 PM
At 11/16/2012 10:34:57 PM, OberHerr wrote:

IN the black community, he's portrayed as black. In Asia, he is commonly depicted as Asian. It really doesn't matter.

That. I would guess Jesus is depicted in different races because people of different cultures relate better to people who look like them.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 10:42:08 PM

So your churches are lying to you about his race?
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 10:42:44 PM

I know that white people want Jesus to to be white. But, I wonder why they are so easily accept a white Jesus as okay? What if Sun Tzu was depicted as white, what if Geronimo the native american was depicted as white, or King Tut was depicted as white? Why do people accept an obvious falsehood as legitimate?
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 11:08:26 PM
At 11/16/2012 10:42:44 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

I know that white people want Jesus to to be white. But, I wonder why they are so easily accept a white Jesus as okay? What if Sun Tzu was depicted as white, what if Geronimo the native american was depicted as white, or King Tut was depicted as white? Why do people accept an obvious falsehood as legitimate?

My god, the ignorance is astounding. Just read above.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 12:25:13 AM
At 11/16/2012 10:42:44 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

I know that white people want Jesus to to be white. But, I wonder why they are so easily accept a white Jesus as okay?
He is white, he is not European. He is Semitic, which is white. Semites (Arabs, Hebrew, Assyrians, ect.) are part of the Mediterranean race. The Caucasian race (white) is divided into 3 categories;
1.) Alpine (light chestnut hair, grey or hazel eyes, broad nose, stocky build, medium height)
2.) Mediterranean (dark hair, aquiline nose, olive skin tone, slender build, medium height)
3.)Teutonic (light hair, blue eyes, narrow nose, light skin tone, tall stature)

The Ancient Egyptians were also Mediterranean. Lower Egypt (north) originated in Mesopotamia while Upper Egypt (south) originated in Africa. Upper and lower Egypt had different cultures and different languages. The upper Egypt tended to be more tribal while the lower Egypt tended to mimic to the Sumerian culture. After unification they began to form their own unified culture, but the south remained darker skin while the north remained lighter (olive) skinned.

What if Sun Tzu was depicted as white,
It would be just as incorrect as depicting Jesus or Moses as black.
what if Geronimo the native american was depicted as white, or King Tut was depicted as white?
king tut was white. He had an olive skin tone and an aquiline nose.
http://www7.nationalgeographic.com...
http://witola.com...
Why do people accept an obvious falsehood as legitimate?

IDK why do you?
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 1:18:52 AM
It's due to the american worldview (assuming you live in america). Also, not sure it's really that big of a deal. I think the whole raising from the dead thing takes precedent in terms of importance.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 1:40:36 AM
Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: 1. DanielChristopherBlowes claims to have had personal visits from Story book jebus so perhaps he can confirm for us what we already correctly concluded i.e. that biblical jebus was actually dark-skinned?

2. As I also correctly pointed out to catholic duped Dogknox, the bread he thinks Story book jebus is made of must be close to being like RYE bread = very dark in colour and the catholic pagan rituals of offering ' white bread ' is actually an insult to the darkish - blackish skinned Story book jebus!

3. The myriad of ' white skinned statues ' in the various catholic paedophile & Nun raping cult buildings is also a gross misrepresentation of the actual dark-skinned story book jebus they claim to believe in!

In fact NO statues = graven images are permitted whatsoever but catholics are NOT genuine believers so they do what they like, LOL! cf. Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up [any] image of stone in your land, . . . . . . . . . {standing...: or, pillar} {image of...: or, figured stone: Heb. a stone of picture} (Lev. 26:1) KJV Story book

Oops!

Lest ye corrupt [yourselves], and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female, (Deut. 4:16) KJV Story book

Oops!

Graven images / idols depicting Mary -

BDB/Thayers # 6091
06091 `atsab {aw-tsawb'}
from 06087; TWOT - 1667c; n m
AV - idol 16, image 1; 17
1) idol, image

&

Oops!

Deut. 4:23-28 KJV Story book

Your mentor & literal Saviour, moi!