Jump to topic:

Ancient Alien Crap

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 1:37:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am annoyed by the ancient aliens theorists on the history channel. The basis of their theory is correct, but they try to mold the ancient texts and personal accounts to fit their desired story.

They claim Poseidon is Enlil, when in actuality Poseidon is Enki. They claim the moon is hollow, when it is solid. They even try to revive the hollow earth theory. They also try to claim the Annunaki were reptilian creatures mining for gold. The ancient sources say nothing of the short. The ancient sources say they were digging for water, not gold. I have no idea where they get the reptilian crap from; unless they were referencing Nammu, who was not originally depicted reptilian. It was the Babylonians who later depicted her as as a sea serpent, with the name Tiamat. They also try to pass off myths of other Mesopotamian cultures as Sumerian.

The ancient alien theorists are disgraceful. They are tant amount to conspiracy theorists. They take truths and mix them with misinformation in order to stretch the truth to fit their predetermined beliefs.
By doing this they discredit the truths they are stretching.

In reality the Greco-Roman Poseidon/Neptune, and the Semitic El/Yahu is the same as the Sumerian God Enki. The Semitic religions influenced the Greco-Roman religions, and the Sumerian religion influenced the Semitic religions. The Semitic religions (including Judaism) was originally polytheistic but later turned monotheistic. In the 10th millennium BC the Semitic people and Sumerians were the same culture. The Egyptians were also influenced by the Sumerians as Lower Egyptians originated from Mesopotamia, while Upper Egyptians originated in Africa. The Egyptian religion was a mixture between African and Sumerian traditions, just as the Greco-Roman religion is a mixture between Indo-European and Semitic traditions. The Sumerians were the first to develop writing, but their religion predates written text, and was originally preserved through oral tradition.

The Semitic is a variation of the Sumerian text. The Greco-Roman and Egyptian text is an entirely different religions, which were influenced by the Mesopotamians.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 1:39:33 PM
At 11/17/2012 1:37:11 PM, DanT wrote:
They claim Poseidon is Enlil, when in actuality Poseidon is Enki. They claim the moon is hollow, when it is solid. They even try to revive the hollow earth theory.

It's been long proven that the earth really is hollow.

http://debate.org...
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 1:41:23 PM
What's always annoyed me is this sort of implicit assumption through most of the "aliens were among us" theories is that somehow non-Europeans are incapable of creating original mythologies past copying down what they see in front of their eyes along with denying the ability of non-Europeans to make any impressive architecture without alien help.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 1:52:32 PM
At 11/17/2012 1:39:33 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
They claim Poseidon is Enlil, when in actuality Poseidon is Enki. They claim the moon is hollow, when it is solid. They even try to revive the hollow earth theory.

none of what you said in that debate proves the earth is hollow. The earth has layers, and at it's center is molten rock. There are also pockets within the earth, formed over earth's long history. For example, if there was an aquifer 100 million years ago that was drained due to the shifting of the earth, than it would leave behind a pocket where the water once was. Same can occur with magma instead of water. Also water and magma can erode causing caves as well as earth pockets. Earth pockets can fill up with water, when rain seeps into the earth, causing new aquifers, which may be tapped for wells. when water seeps into the earth an pools, it can also erode the earth. Erosion is what causes sink holes. The earth's plates cause changes in the earth, such as continental shifts, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 2:03:42 PM
At 11/17/2012 1:52:32 PM, DanT wrote:
At 11/17/2012 1:39:33 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

none of what you said in that debate proves the earth is hollow. The earth has layers, and at it's center is molten rock. There are also pockets within the earth, formed over earth's long history. For example, if there was an aquifer 100 million years ago that was drained due to the shifting of the earth, than it would leave behind a pocket where the water once was. Same can occur with magma instead of water. Also water and magma can erode causing caves as well as earth pockets. Earth pockets can fill up with water, when rain seeps into the earth, causing new aquifers, which may be tapped for wells. when water seeps into the earth an pools, it can also erode the earth. Erosion is what causes sink holes. The earth's plates cause changes in the earth, such as continental shifts, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions.

Dude, I don't even believe the Earth is hollow. I just took that debate for the hell of it.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 2:18:01 PM
"The earth is obviously Hollow, seeing as someone won a debate saying such" is a silly argument. I have seen liberals win debates, conservatives win debates, anarchists win debates, theists win debates, atheists win debates, and so many similar things that it is not worth mentioning. Winning debates means entirely nothing.

Also, I think the Nur-Ab-Sal debate is a good example of how scientific pictures and portrayal makes you win more often than not (which is not a criticism, and should be exploited to its full: it's just good presentation) on this site, if only because it gives you credibility over an opponent who does not.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 2:19:10 PM
At 11/17/2012 2:18:01 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
"The earth is obviously Hollow, seeing as someone won a debate saying such" is a silly argument. I have seen liberals win debates, conservatives win debates, anarchists win debates, theists win debates, atheists win debates, and so many similar things that it is not worth mentioning. Winning debates means entirely nothing.

Also, I think the Nur-Ab-Sal debate is a good example of how scientific pictures and portrayal makes you win more often than not (which is not a criticism, and should be exploited to its full: it's just good presentation) on this site, if only because it gives you credibility over an opponent who does not.

AMTY was joking, he doesn't believe the earth is hollow, either.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.