Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

December 21, 2012

Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2012 6:41:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
!2/21/2012, the end of the Mayan Long Count Calendar of course. It seems like that's all the crazies talked about for a decade, end of the world, transformation, etc. Last year at this time it was all over TV, there was the Movie, seemed a tonof people were talking about it, I expected it to be a real insane spectacle by now.

But here we are about a month away from whatever, and I haven't heard a peep about it in months. What happened? Did everyone just lose interest or what?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2012 6:49:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/18/2012 6:41:11 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
!2/21/2012, the end of the Mayan Long Count Calendar of course. It seems like that's all the crazies talked about for a decade, end of the world, transformation, etc. Last year at this time it was all over TV, there was the Movie, seemed a tonof people were talking about it, I expected it to be a real insane spectacle by now.

But here we are about a month away from whatever, and I haven't heard a peep about it in months. What happened? Did everyone just lose interest or what?

Nervous apprehension as it gets closer makes us afraid of talking about it. I hope nothing happens because this is the first year I've ever got completely finished with Christmas shopping before Christmas Eve.
imabench
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2012 6:58:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Nobody gives a sh*t about it anymore :P
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2012 7:09:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/18/2012 6:58:53 PM, imabench wrote:
Nobody gives a sh*t about it anymore :P

That and the fact that there is literally no factual, evidential, scientific support for the claim that the world is going to end on December 21, 2012. [http://www.nasa.gov...]

We've also been inundated with spurious doomsday accounts for the past few decades, so that desensitizes us to any effect that a Mayan calendar could have. These people couldn't foresee the Spanish coming over the Atlantic, but they can foresee the end of the planet? Give me a break. [http://en.wikipedia.org...]
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2012 7:21:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/18/2012 7:12:25 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I know that it won't happen, but I'm not giving up hope.

You sound religious.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2012 7:23:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's just an excuse to not go Christmas shopping.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2012 10:23:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/18/2012 6:49:25 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/18/2012 6:41:11 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
!2/21/2012, the end of the Mayan Long Count Calendar of course. It seems like that's all the crazies talked about for a decade, end of the world, transformation, etc. Last year at this time it was all over TV, there was the Movie, seemed a tonof people were talking about it, I expected it to be a real insane spectacle by now.

But here we are about a month away from whatever, and I haven't heard a peep about it in months. What happened? Did everyone just lose interest or what?

Nervous apprehension as it gets closer makes us afraid of talking about it. I hope nothing happens because this is the first year I've ever got completely finished with Christmas shopping before Christmas Eve.

Holy crap, you're done already?

Isn't it against the law to even start before Thanksgiving?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 6:46:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/18/2012 10:23:21 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 11/18/2012 6:49:25 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/18/2012 6:41:11 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
!2/21/2012, the end of the Mayan Long Count Calendar of course. It seems like that's all the crazies talked about for a decade, end of the world, transformation, etc. Last year at this time it was all over TV, there was the Movie, seemed a tonof people were talking about it, I expected it to be a real insane spectacle by now.

But here we are about a month away from whatever, and I haven't heard a peep about it in months. What happened? Did everyone just lose interest or what?

Nervous apprehension as it gets closer makes us afraid of talking about it. I hope nothing happens because this is the first year I've ever got completely finished with Christmas shopping before Christmas Eve.

Holy crap, you're done already?

Isn't it against the law to even start before Thanksgiving?

We started in July this year, just buying a few things here and there. I might pick up a few other things on a whim, but even if I don't everyone's list is done.

It might be illegal but it sure is easier. No crowds, no hustle and bustle.
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 9:17:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's quite a stupid idea. I have yet to meet someone personally who truly believes the world is going to end. I guess it's just became boring to talk about.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 11:07:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I actually won a debate on the topic, taking the pro position. Granted none of my arguments made any sense whatsoever, but I still forced my opponent to give up. http://www.debate.org...
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 2:06:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Technically, with the leap year not in the Mayan calendar, Time has been screwed around anyway.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2012 4:06:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/19/2012 6:46:52 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/18/2012 10:23:21 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 11/18/2012 6:49:25 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/18/2012 6:41:11 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
!2/21/2012, the end of the Mayan Long Count Calendar of course. It seems like that's all the crazies talked about for a decade, end of the world, transformation, etc. Last year at this time it was all over TV, there was the Movie, seemed a tonof people were talking about it, I expected it to be a real insane spectacle by now.

But here we are about a month away from whatever, and I haven't heard a peep about it in months. What happened? Did everyone just lose interest or what?

Nervous apprehension as it gets closer makes us afraid of talking about it. I hope nothing happens because this is the first year I've ever got completely finished with Christmas shopping before Christmas Eve.

Holy crap, you're done already?

Isn't it against the law to even start before Thanksgiving?

We started in July this year, just buying a few things here and there. I might pick up a few other things on a whim, but even if I don't everyone's list is done.

It might be illegal but it sure is easier. No crowds, no hustle and bustle.

So you already got my present, cool....I can't wait.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater