Why pay Tithe?

question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 2:18:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/19/2012 8:02:36 PM, question4u wrote:
Why should anybody pay tithe and be condemned if they do not?

I guess nobody pay tithes anymore. That is very wise, keep your money continue to pay those taxes.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 2:19:11 PM

The better question is "Why does the Church tell people this."

The answer is the same as a related question "Why do dogs lick themselves?"
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 6:17:37 PM
At 11/20/2012 2:19:11 PM, Wnope wrote:

Well "Why does the Church tell people that they are curse if they does not pay that tithes... I want to know if annanicole is willing to answer that?
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 8:37:35 PM

Numbers 18:20-32

A.) Feels good
B.) Cleanliness is next to godliness.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 10:12:52 PM
At 11/20/2012 6:17:37 PM, question4u wrote:

Well "Why does the Church tell people that they are curse if they does not pay that tithes... I want to know if annanicole is willing to answer that?

Sure I am. For one thing, the church doesn't even tell people to pay tithes. For another, and since Christians are under no obligation to tithe, I guess that kinda does away with the church telling anyone (in your words) "they are curse (sic) if they does not (sic) pay that tithes (sic)." Your third part, "I wonder if annanicole is willing to answer that?". Well, I guess. There wasn't much to answer.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 12:55:11 AM

Because they can.
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 9:15:54 AM
At 11/20/2012 10:12:52 PM, annanicole wrote:

Sure I am. For one thing, the church doesn't even tell people to pay tithes. For another, and since Christians are under no obligation to tithe, I guess that kinda does away with the church telling anyone (in your words) "they are curse (sic) if they does not (sic) pay that tithes (sic)." Your third part, "I wonder if annanicole is willing to answer that?". Well, I guess. There wasn't much to answer.

I dont know what christian church you ever went to but tithe is not an option, I guess you never paid tithes and if so why did you?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 10:04:13 AM
At 11/21/2012 9:15:54 AM, question4u wrote:
At 11/20/2012 10:12:52 PM, annanicole wrote:

I dont know what christian church you ever went to but tithe is not an option, I guess you never paid tithes and if so why did you?

I'm afraid that "to tithe" as some sort of religious obligation would be, at best, voluntary, and certainly to impose it upon others would be blatantly wrong. There is not a shred of an iota of anything regarding "tithing" in the New Testament church. It's "give as you are prospered" coupled with examples of giving in response to a specific need.

You guessed that I never paid tithes. Well, you guessed right. Why would I? Sometimes I have contributed way more that 10%. Heck, I have contributed more than 50%. And sometimes I've contributed closer to like 0.1%. So what? You may read all of the specific and general epistles and not once will you find a mention of any Christian obligation to tithe. If someone elects to give around 10% - if that's how they budget it based upon their income/expenses - that's fine. If some so-called "preacher" gets up there and says, "You have to give 10%", then all I can say is: he is wrong.

"but tithe is not an option"

It's not an "anything" - "option" or otherwise. If you want to give 10%, then do so. If you can give 15%, that's great. If you can only give 5%, that's also fine.

"if so (paid tithes) why did you?"

Already answered. Christians do not "tithe" except maybe as a personal decision and certainly not as a mandate from God and certainly not a decision to be imposed on others.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 10:11:13 AM

Tithes are from the Judaic law which is EASY compared to Christianity; "sell everything you have and give to the poor, then you will have treasures in heaven"

I actually did this!
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 1:17:18 PM
At 11/21/2012 10:11:13 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

Tithes are from the Judaic law which is EASY compared to Christianity; "sell everything you have and give to the poor, then you will have treasures in heaven"

I actually did this!

I thought christians was not under the old law but the new:)
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 1:20:29 PM
At 11/21/2012 1:17:18 PM, question4u wrote:

I actually did this!

Right, which is much harder in one sense (do not commit adultery Vs do not look at a woman with lust in your heart) but easier in the sense that we have His spirit to overcome and His grace to live in..
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 1:43:56 PM
At 11/21/2012 1:20:29 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

I actually did this!

Right, which is much harder in one sense (do not commit adultery Vs do not look at a woman with lust in your heart) but easier in the sense that we have His spirit to overcome and His grace to live in..

Heaven help us! Dogknox must have sired a son.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 1:46:39 PM
At 11/21/2012 1:43:56 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 11/21/2012 1:20:29 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

I actually did this!

Heaven help us! Dogknox must have sired a son.

Quiet woman.
Konjim
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 5:56:17 AM

I think no Body say to pay tithe and if you not pay then no body condemned you
paintings of Krishna
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 8:37:20 AM

I actually did this!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: -

Whose Computer are you currently using?
Who is paying for the Internet Connection?
Whose house are you using this computer from?
Do you have a Car?
Do you have ANY other monies, investments, house(s), shares, superannuation?

Let's see proofs you have sold everything and have no assets nor savings etc?

Send Signed & legally witnessed copies of Statuatory Declaration attesting to this via PM OR Post all scanned and signed & witnessed documents in a New Thread!

BTW: annanicole doesn't believe you nor that she has to obey her Story book e.g. -

i) Sell that ye have, and give alms; . . . . (Luke 12:33) KJV Story book

ii) . . . . go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: . . . . (Matt. 19:21) KJV story book

iii) For we brought nothing into [this] world, [and it is] certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. (1 Tim. 6:7-8) KJV bible story book

So the subject of ' Tithing ' obviously can't apply to ANY genuine believer, because a Genuine Believer is commanded to have nothing more than some clothes (raiment) and a few days food supplies!

Have you had any voices from Supernatural gods speaking to you recently?

Have you informed your Psychiatrist/Doctor that your prescribed medication isn't working properly & the voices still come back?

Your mentor & literal Saviour moi!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster!
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 8:58:55 AM
Why should anybody pay tithe and be condemned if they do not?:

In the Book of Malachi it says to test God in tithing (even though it says don't test God in other places of the bible). Nowhere is it stated that it's a requirement for salvation. Any Church, however, is funded through tithing. So if you like your church then you pay tithes to help it continue to run and grow. It is voluntary, but let's not pretend that you won't be pressured to pay.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 2:45:21 PM
At 11/23/2012 8:58:55 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Why should anybody pay tithe and be condemned if they do not?:

In the Book of Malachi it says to test God in tithing (even though it says don't test God in other places of the bible).

I believe you're trying to point out a contradiction here.

Allow me to address it.

There are many mentioned of testing God or spirits in the bible, but I believe we only need 2; to display the seeming contradiction.

Deut. 6:16
"You shall not put the Lord your God to the test, as you tested him at Massah.

Malachi 3:10
Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.

First it's don't test him, and second its test him..

======

Just like everything else, there is a context that needs to be acknowledged. But, there is one thing that should be immediately clear-- there is more then one kind of testing.

Testing God with our disobedience, and testing God with our obedience.

Then let's view the 1st passage, from Duet.:

"You shall not put the Lord your God to the test, as you tested him at Massah.

As you see in the bolded area, there is a reference to what type of testing they ought not to do; the way they tested God at Massah-- lets see what a happened there.

Ex. 17:7
And he called the place Massah and Meribah because the Israelites quarreled and because they tested the Lord saying, "Is the Lord among us or not?"

They tested the lord with doubt, and anger. This is an example of disobedient testing. There are many examples we can assimilate to this.

With our own parents perhaps? I can test dad with not doing the dishes after he reminded me several times to do them.

======

The passage from Malachi, however, reflects the obedience induced testing. The testing of God on the rewards he promises.

back to another example:

I can test dad with doing the dishes without him asking.

If you do what is right, and obey, you will be testing God in his promises, and he will gladly prosper you. If you disobey, and test God's judgement, you will not survive.

Nowhere is it stated that it's a requirement for salvation. Any Church, however, is funded through tithing. So if you like your church then you pay tithes to help it continue to run and grow. It is voluntary, but let's not pretend that you won't be pressured to pay.

I've been attending the same church for 17 years (granted in my travles attended others), and have never seen, nor been even slightly pressured to pay a tithes.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 5:51:15 PM
Paying Alms, Fasting and Prayer are forms of "LOVE"!
Tithing was also a form of Giving to God in love!
GIVING of self in the form of alms, fasting and prayer is letting go of self... For God and neighbor!

Not praying, fasting or giving alms (money) is selfish>> Selfish with your time and treasure not willing to let go of self for God!!

The Golden rule.. "Treat others as you would want them to treat you!!"

In the Old Testament there was no welfare, hospitals or schools! Paying Alms was the only form of survival of the poor!
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 7:13:08 PM
At 11/23/2012 5:51:15 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Paying Alms, Fasting and Prayer are forms of "LOVE"!
Tithing was also a form of Giving to God in love!
GIVING of self in the form of alms, fasting and prayer is letting go of self... For God and neighbor!

Not praying, fasting or giving alms (money) is selfish>> Selfish with your time and treasure not willing to let go of self for God!!

The Golden rule.. "Treat others as you would want them to treat you!!"

In the Old Testament there was no welfare, hospitals or schools! Paying Alms was the only form of survival of the poor!

The Golden Rule is to refute malignant sinners and Mary Worshippers like you that ' claim to know a Story book jebus, but according to your own Story book obviously DO NOT! '.

No one who abides in him sins; * no one who sins has either seen him or known him. . . . . He who commits sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. (1 John 3:6, 8) catholic 1966 edition RSV Story book

So therefore, whoever of you does not renounce all that he has can not be my disciple. (Luke 14:33) catholic 1966 edition RSV Story book

Hence you are a Story book jebus' reject and an agent of your Devil!

Oh yes! AND a Pagan idolatrous sinful Mary Worshipper!

Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 8:13:26 PM
If you tithe to Sidewalkerism you get a free toaster.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2012 6:23:44 AM
At 11/23/2012 8:37:20 AM, Composer wrote:

I actually did this!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: -

Whose Computer are you currently using?
Who is paying for the Internet Connection?
Whose house are you using this computer from?
Do you have a Car?
Do you have ANY other monies, investments, house(s), shares, superannuation?

Let's see proofs you have sold everything and have no assets nor savings etc?

Send Signed & legally witnessed copies of Statuatory Declaration attesting to this via PM OR Post all scanned and signed & witnessed documents in a New Thread!

BTW: annanicole doesn't believe you nor that she has to obey her Story book e.g. -

i) Sell that ye have, and give alms; . . . . (Luke 12:33) KJV Story book

ii) . . . . go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: . . . . (Matt. 19:21) KJV story book

iii) For we brought nothing into [this] world, [and it is] certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. (1 Tim. 6:7-8) KJV bible story book

So the subject of ' Tithing ' obviously can't apply to ANY genuine believer, because a Genuine Believer is commanded to have nothing more than some clothes (raiment) and a few days food supplies!

Have you had any voices from Supernatural gods speaking to you recently?

Have you informed your Psychiatrist/Doctor that your prescribed medication isn't working properly & the voices still come back?

I did it and then accumulated it all, and more, back..

Seek first His kingdom and all these THINGS will be added to you!