Total Posts:96|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Can a Homosexual Make it to Heaven?(Part 2)

elisur
Posts: 144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 3:06:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The word "preached" used by Peter is "kerusso" in Greek, which means to herald.

kērussō

kay-roos"-so

Of uncertain affinity; to herald (as a public crier), especially divine truth (the gospel): " preach (-er), proclaim, publish. (Strong"s Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries

Dictionaries of Hebrew and Greek Words taken from Strong"s Exhaustive Concordance by James Strong, S.T.D., LL.D., 1890.)

As angels can lust with daughters of men, men of Sodom and Gomorrah, because of their overwhelming lust, have sought the angels who visited Lot and wanted to have sexual knowledge of them!These are men, and the angels who visited Lot, also, have male human forms.

(Genesis 19:1)"The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground"" NIV

(Genesis 19:4-8)""Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom-both young and old-surrounded the house.They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them." Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him and said, "No, my friends. Don"t do this wicked thing.Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don"t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof." NIV

These men of Sodom and Gomorrah are not homosexuals, but perverts!If there are people being condemned by God because of sexual addiction, they are not the homosexuals, but real men and women (if we can call them real) who, because of their sexual perversions, may do "it" with the opposite and the same sex!

(Romans 1:26-27)"Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion." NIV

There are decent and God-fearing homosexuals.Although, naturally, they have affection for men, but they practice self-control to obey God"s law!

(Titus 2:11-12)"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live selfcontrolled, upright and godly lives in this present age""NIVdigg

Can these decent and God-fearing homosexuals make it to heaven?

I BELIEVE THEY WILL!
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 3:08:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't think anyone's ever claimed that merely being homosexual is cause for exclusion from heaven.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 3:24:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/20/2012 3:08:12 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
I don't think anyone's ever claimed that merely being homosexual is cause for exclusion from heaven.

Really? Yeah, they're here.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 3:26:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/20/2012 3:24:38 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/20/2012 3:08:12 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
I don't think anyone's ever claimed that merely being homosexual is cause for exclusion from heaven.

Really? Yeah, they're here.

Who?
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 3:27:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/20/2012 3:26:50 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/20/2012 3:24:38 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/20/2012 3:08:12 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
I don't think anyone's ever claimed that merely being homosexual is cause for exclusion from heaven.

Really? Yeah, they're here.

Who?

Watch the thread.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
maj
Posts: 15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 4:28:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hello,
In Islam everyone shall enter the paradize except who refuses.
"And whoever desires the Hereafter and strives for it as he ought to strive and he is a believer; (as for) these, their striving shall surely be accepted."
[17:19]
In paradize we will find:
"Verily, the dwellers of Paradise that Day, will be busy in joyful things. They and their wives will be in pleasant shade, reclining on thrones. They will have therein fruits (of all kinds), and all that they will ask for. (It will be said to them): "Salamun" (Peace be on you), a Word from the Lord, Most Merciful."
[36:55-58]

"The description of Paradise which the Muttaqoon have been promised is that in it are rivers of water, the taste and smell of which are never changed. Rivers of milk the taste of which will remain unchanged. Rivers of wine that will be delicious to those who drink from it and rivers of clear, pure honey. For them will be every kind of fruit and forgiveness form their Lord."
[ 47:15]

"And their recompense shall be Paradise, and silken garments, because they were patient. Reclining on raised thrones, they will see there neither the excessive heat of the sun, nor the excessive bitter cold, (as in Paradise there is no sun and no moon). The shade will be close upon them, and bunches of fruit will hang low within their reach. Vessels of silver and cups of crystal will be passed around amongst them, crystal-clear, made of silver. They will determine the measure of them according to their wishes. They will be given a cup (of wine) mixed with Zanjabeel, and a fountain called Salsabeel. Around them will (serve) boys of perpetual youth. If you see them, you would think they are scattered pearls. When you look there (in Paradise) you will see a delight (that cannot be imagined), and a Great Dominion. Their garments will be of fine green silk and gold embroidery. They will be adorned with bracelets of silver, and their Lord will give them a pure drink."
[76:12-21]
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 12:49:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The homosexual is no different than another sinner, thus no special rules that don't also apply to others. If they repent and ask forgiveness, I believe they can get in just as anyone else can. Repentance is critical, as with any of us.
elisur
Posts: 144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 1:04:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
wrong
medic0506
because in our church many homosexual but they obey the law of god.Homosexual inside the church is different in Homosexual outside the church.
in our church not whoremongers, not immoral in other person
maj
Posts: 15
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 2:18:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/21/2012 12:49:46 AM, medic0506 wrote:
The homosexual is no different than another sinner, thus no special rules that don't also apply to others. If they repent and ask forgiveness, I believe they can get in just as anyone else can. Repentance is critical, as with any of us.

There is no sin that cannot be forgiven after repentance. However, we cannot know whether the sin will be forgiven or not. Allah might or might not forgive the sin after repentance. The repentance should have the conditions of venality. Allah promises that he will accept the repentance if it is done properly.

As for the sins that are not repented, associating partners to Allah (shirk) will never be forgiven. The sins other than shirk can be forgiven.

The greatest major sin is not to accept Allah and to associate partners with Him in terms of His personality, attributes and deeds. It is called the greatest major sin. "Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with him; but He forgiveth anything, else to whom He pleaseth" (an-Nisa, 4/48). It is not permissible to despair of the mercy of Allah and to continue committing sins or to commit sins without repenting and without being afraid of His torture. No matter how many sins a believer commits, he should be between fear and hope and he should not turn away from his Lord. "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful "(az-Zumar, 39/53) "(Tell My servants) that My Penalty will be indeed the most grievous Penalty" (al-Hijr, I5/50).
elisur
Posts: 144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 2:41:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
maj::you said
There is no sin that cannot be forgiven after repentance. WRONG:: GOD SAID
(RSV) Matthew 12:32 And whoever says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.
(KJV) Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
Nidhogg
Posts: 503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 9:47:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/21/2012 12:49:46 AM, medic0506 wrote:
The homosexual is no different than another sinner, thus no special rules that don't also apply to others. If they repent and ask forgiveness, I believe they can get in just as anyone else can. Repentance is critical, as with any of us.

Homosexuality isn't a sin, its a societal taboo from BC that unfortunately carried over into modern day. Religion is used to parade intolerance by some conservative fanatics. It's sad to see the Lord being used to promote injustice.
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 10:25:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/20/2012 3:06:21 AM, elisur wrote:
The word "preached" used by Peter is "kerusso" in Greek, which means to herald.

kērussō

kay-roos"-so

Of uncertain affinity; to herald (as a public crier), especially divine truth (the gospel): " preach (-er), proclaim, publish. (Strong"s Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries

Dictionaries of Hebrew and Greek Words taken from Strong"s Exhaustive Concordance by James Strong, S.T.D., LL.D., 1890.)

As angels can lust with daughters of men, men of Sodom and Gomorrah, because of their overwhelming lust, have sought the angels who visited Lot and wanted to have sexual knowledge of them!These are men, and the angels who visited Lot, also, have male human forms.

(Genesis 19:1)"The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground"" NIV

(Genesis 19:4-8)""Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom-both young and old-surrounded the house.They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them." Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him and said, "No, my friends. Don"t do this wicked thing.Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don"t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof." NIV

These men of Sodom and Gomorrah are not homosexuals, but perverts!If there are people being condemned by God because of sexual addiction, they are not the homosexuals, but real men and women (if we can call them real) who, because of their sexual perversions, may do "it" with the opposite and the same sex!

(Romans 1:26-27)"Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion." NIV

There are decent and God-fearing homosexuals.Although, naturally, they have affection for men, but they practice self-control to obey God"s law!

(Titus 2:11-12)"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live selfcontrolled, upright and godly lives in this present age""NIVdigg

Can these decent and God-fearing homosexuals make it to heaven?

I BELIEVE THEY WILL!

Scenario:

Two men both leading a homosexual lives have a revelation of God's goodness and forgiveness through faith in Jesus Christ.

The first man does not repent and make God the God of his life, but rather ignores Gods word and finds a 'church' where homosexuality is fully accepted. It so happens that this man never again has sexual relations with another man, though not for want of trying.

The second man repents of his former life, makes God his God and embraces his new life in Christ.
However, old habits of the flesh die hard, and one night after a few too many drinks, he falls into bed with an old boyfriend.
He then repents of his sin and confesses it to the church leadership who agree to support and pray for him.
This fall back into sin is repeated often over the next few years, but he keeps repenting and slowly escapes the old deception.

The second man will be saved, the first not.

The difference? A decision of the heart: be your own god or make Him who is God, Lord of your life.
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 10:35:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/21/2012 9:47:25 AM, Nidhogg wrote:
At 11/21/2012 12:49:46 AM, medic0506 wrote:
The homosexual is no different than another sinner, thus no special rules that don't also apply to others. If they repent and ask forgiveness, I believe they can get in just as anyone else can. Repentance is critical, as with any of us.

Homosexuality isn't a sin, its a societal taboo from BC that unfortunately carried over into modern day. Religion is used to parade intolerance by some conservative fanatics. It's sad to see the Lord being used to promote injustice.

perhaps....PERHAPS....homosexuality is a sin for males in its conceivably being selfish, in that men should protect women and be their bread bringers and that it is a deviation from this in the interest of power... PERHAPS, lol.

i've never seen the bible quoted to profane lesbianism, lol.
signature
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 10:50:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/21/2012 12:49:46 AM, medic0506 wrote:
The homosexual is no different than another sinner, thus no special rules that don't also apply to others. If they repent and ask forgiveness, I believe they can get in just as anyone else can. Repentance is critical, as with any of us.

Why does God care where someone sticks their penis anyways? Like I understand commandments prohibiting theft and murder and all that jazz but what's the actual reasoning, other than that the good book says so?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
emospongebob527
Posts: 790
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 10:56:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/21/2012 10:50:50 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/21/2012 12:49:46 AM, medic0506 wrote:
The homosexual is no different than another sinner, thus no special rules that don't also apply to others. If they repent and ask forgiveness, I believe they can get in just as anyone else can. Repentance is critical, as with any of us.

Why does God care where someone sticks their penis anyways? Like I understand commandments prohibiting theft and murder and all that jazz but what's the actual reasoning, other than that the good book says so?

Dunno, guess fundamentalists gotta find someone different to bully every once in a while.
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 10:58:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/21/2012 10:35:58 AM, badger wrote:
At 11/21/2012 9:47:25 AM, Nidhogg wrote:
At 11/21/2012 12:49:46 AM, medic0506 wrote:
The homosexual is no different than another sinner, thus no special rules that don't also apply to others. If they repent and ask forgiveness, I believe they can get in just as anyone else can. Repentance is critical, as with any of us.

Homosexuality isn't a sin, its a societal taboo from BC that unfortunately carried over into modern day. Religion is used to parade intolerance by some conservative fanatics. It's sad to see the Lord being used to promote injustice.

perhaps....PERHAPS....homosexuality is a sin for males in its conceivably being selfish, in that men should protect women and be their bread bringers and that it is a deviation from this in the interest of power... PERHAPS, lol.

i've never seen the bible quoted to profane lesbianism, lol.
signature
Heineken
Posts: 1,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 12:13:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/21/2012 10:59:57 AM, badger wrote:
i am jesus.

Excellent. I've been waiting for you. The lawnmower is in the garage. I'm gonna need to ask your wide to do a better job at washing the windows....oh...and park out back. I don't want the neighbors seeing your fiesta wagon sitting next to my Lexus.
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
Heineken
Posts: 1,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 12:13:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/21/2012 12:13:09 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 11/21/2012 10:59:57 AM, badger wrote:
i am jesus.

Excellent. I've been waiting for you. The lawnmower is in the garage. I'm gonna need to ask your wide to do a better job at washing the windows....oh...and park out back. I don't want the neighbors seeing your fiesta wagon sitting next to my Lexus.

*wife.....fvck...ruined the joke.
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 12:24:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
yup, poor show. that your brain so easily mixed up "wife" with "wide" is also suggestive, you poor guy.

^this joke is okay because you attacked me with that fat chick video first.
signature
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 12:47:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The bible does not condemn homosexuality, it condemns butt-sex. If a homosexual remains abstinent, than he can make it to heaven. The reason homosexuality is condemned is the same reason the bible encourages intercourse. The old testament makes clear that boys were to get married as soon as possible, and reproduce offspring. Having sex without intending to reproduce was a sin. There was no prohibition against masturbation, contrary to popular belief, because it does not involve a sexual partner.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 1:24:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/21/2012 12:47:53 PM, DanT wrote:
The bible does not condemn homosexuality, it condemns butt-sex. If a homosexual remains abstinent, than he can make it to heaven. The reason homosexuality is condemned is the same reason the bible encourages intercourse. The old testament makes clear that boys were to get married as soon as possible, and reproduce offspring. Having sex without intending to reproduce was a sin. There was no prohibition against masturbation, contrary to popular belief, because it does not involve a sexual partner.

False; 'do not lie with a man as you would a woman'
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 1:27:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/21/2012 1:24:28 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 11/21/2012 12:47:53 PM, DanT wrote:
The bible does not condemn homosexuality, it condemns butt-sex. If a homosexual remains abstinent, than he can make it to heaven. The reason homosexuality is condemned is the same reason the bible encourages intercourse. The old testament makes clear that boys were to get married as soon as possible, and reproduce offspring. Having sex without intending to reproduce was a sin. There was no prohibition against masturbation, contrary to popular belief, because it does not involve a sexual partner.

False; 'do not lie with a man as you would a woman'

ambiguous.
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 1:31:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/21/2012 1:27:44 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/21/2012 1:24:28 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 11/21/2012 12:47:53 PM, DanT wrote:
The bible does not condemn homosexuality, it condemns butt-sex. If a homosexual remains abstinent, than he can make it to heaven. The reason homosexuality is condemned is the same reason the bible encourages intercourse. The old testament makes clear that boys were to get married as soon as possible, and reproduce offspring. Having sex without intending to reproduce was a sin. There was no prohibition against masturbation, contrary to popular belief, because it does not involve a sexual partner.

False; 'do not lie with a man as you would a woman'

ambiguous.

maybe this is just to say gays shouldn't lie to each other like how they lie to women they're in relationships with? maybe god's really actually against fat dudes rather than homosexuals?
signature
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 1:32:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/21/2012 1:27:44 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/21/2012 1:24:28 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 11/21/2012 12:47:53 PM, DanT wrote:
The bible does not condemn homosexuality, it condemns butt-sex. If a homosexual remains abstinent, than he can make it to heaven. The reason homosexuality is condemned is the same reason the bible encourages intercourse. The old testament makes clear that boys were to get married as soon as possible, and reproduce offspring. Having sex without intending to reproduce was a sin. There was no prohibition against masturbation, contrary to popular belief, because it does not involve a sexual partner.

False; 'do not lie with a man as you would a woman'

ambiguous.

Not at all, a man lies with a woman in naked intimacy whether there is penetrative sex or not.. A man may not enjoy that intimacy with another man..
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 1:35:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/21/2012 1:31:52 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/21/2012 1:27:44 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/21/2012 1:24:28 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 11/21/2012 12:47:53 PM, DanT wrote:
The bible does not condemn homosexuality, it condemns butt-sex. If a homosexual remains abstinent, than he can make it to heaven. The reason homosexuality is condemned is the same reason the bible encourages intercourse. The old testament makes clear that boys were to get married as soon as possible, and reproduce offspring. Having sex without intending to reproduce was a sin. There was no prohibition against masturbation, contrary to popular belief, because it does not involve a sexual partner.

False; 'do not lie with a man as you would a woman'

ambiguous.

maybe this is just to say gays shouldn't lie to each other like how men lie to women they're in relationships with? maybe god's really actually against fat dudes rather than homosexuals?

fix'd. dammit. what was god's problem with being clear? not to mind all the major stuff, but could he not have just said "no bumsex"?
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 1:36:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/21/2012 1:32:15 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 11/21/2012 1:27:44 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/21/2012 1:24:28 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:
At 11/21/2012 12:47:53 PM, DanT wrote:
The bible does not condemn homosexuality, it condemns butt-sex. If a homosexual remains abstinent, than he can make it to heaven. The reason homosexuality is condemned is the same reason the bible encourages intercourse. The old testament makes clear that boys were to get married as soon as possible, and reproduce offspring. Having sex without intending to reproduce was a sin. There was no prohibition against masturbation, contrary to popular belief, because it does not involve a sexual partner.

False; 'do not lie with a man as you would a woman'

ambiguous.

Not at all, a man lies with a woman in naked intimacy whether there is penetrative sex or not.. A man may not enjoy that intimacy with another man..

maybe that's talking about how men lie to women they're with in telling them they're not fat?
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 1:41:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
yup, i think that's to say god hates fat dudes. i declare the bible anti-capitalist. that line's got nothing at all to do with homosexuality.
signature