Jump to topic:

Purge sins by prayer!

Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 12:06:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
There is NO sin allowed into heaven!!! NONE> ZERO sin is allowed before a soul enters heaven all sin must be removed!!!

Christians can sin and they do sin!!!
Christian Brothers and Sisters SIN! It is just this simple!!

If a Christian dies with a sin then the Christian MUST BE >SANCTIFIED< before they can enter heaven!!

SCRIPTURES:
1 John 5:16
If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

DO YOU SEE IT???????
You should pray and God will give them life.

A Christian DIES with a sin that does NOT KILL!
A Christian DIES with a sin that does NOT LEAD TO DEATH!!
Some sins do lead to death; But this CHRISTIAN dies with the other kind; NOT a sin that leads to death, a sin that does NOT LEAD TO DEATH, a small sin!!!!!

THINK: A Christian dies with a small sin, a sin that does NOT Kill the soul!
FACT: All Christians that DIE with any SINS can't enter heaven!! No sin is allowed in heaven!

Any brother or sister that dies and has commited a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life.

If you say; "God will NOT let them enter heaven after you pray for them!!!" You MUST REJECT THE SCRIPTURES to say; "God will NOT let them enter heaven after you pray for them!!!"!!
Christians do NOT reject the scriptures!

Saying; "Christians Can't be PURGED of sins after death" is to reject the scriptures!
Saying; "Can't pray for a CHRISTIAN who has died" is to reject the scriptures!!

Christians who DIE with sins that do NOT lead to DEATH are ALIVE STILL!!!

Sin kills but NOT ALL SINS KILL!!

SCRIPTURES TELL CHRISTIANS: 1 John 5:16 (above) Some sins do not kill the soul!!

"God will remove the sin after you pray to God" PROVING souls are SANCTIFIED AFTER DEATH!!!
Scriptures are clearly saying: Christians are PURGED of their sin after death!!

God said.. He will remove SIN if you pray for them!!!
1 John 5:16 If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life.

1 Corinthians 3:12
If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw,
13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person's work.
14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward.
15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved"even though only as one escaping through the flames.

Please explain verse #15 (above)!?
Only the idea of "SANCTIFICATION after death" makes any logical sense!!!

John 5:28
"Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice
29 and come out "those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

What about those who have done GOOD (verse #29 above) but have a; "SIN THAT DOES NOT LEAD TO DEATH"!!!???
Will they be CONDEMNED?? NO!!
The sins that lead to death KILL the soul, these are the CONDEMNED!
Those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

SCRIPTURES TELL Christians: "People who reject the scriptures, have sins that CONDEMN them!!!" People who reject the scriptures have sins that lead to death!
John 12:48
There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

Be careful rejecting the words of Jesus; "If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life." Because you CONDEMN YOURSELF rejecting prayers for the dead!!

Matthew 5:25
"Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison.
26 Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.

Verse 26(above) tells Christians; "They will get out but; Not UNTIL the debt is paid!! When they have been Sanctified they will have paid the debt, the soul will enter heaven!!

THINK: The Judge (Verse 25 above) is Jesus at the end times judgement!

HISTORICAL FACT: Martin Luther was NOT saying; "Purgatory is not real"!
Martin Luther was saying, in his 95 complaints nailed to the door; "Indulgences for the dead, were being abused!"

CHRISTIANS have always believed in Sanctification after death!
All Souls must be PURGED of sin before entry into heaven!!!
All are Sanctified by the fires of Purgatory (root word PURGED)!

All protestants refuse to pray for the souls of their dead ... They reject sanctification after death; They reject the scriptures!!!

Dogknox
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 12:51:36 PM
At 11/20/2012 12:06:12 PM, Dogknox wrote:
There is NO sin allowed into heaven!!! NONE> ZERO sin is allowed before a soul enters heaven all sin must be removed!!!

Christians can sin and they do sin!!!
Christian Brothers and Sisters SIN! It is just this simple!!

If a Christian dies with a sin then the Christian MUST BE >SANCTIFIED< before they can enter heaven!!

SCRIPTURES:
If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

DO YOU SEE IT???????
You should pray and God will give them life.

A Christian DIES with a sin that does NOT KILL!
A Christian DIES with a sin that does NOT LEAD TO DEATH!!
Some sins do lead to death; But this CHRISTIAN dies with the other kind; NOT a sin that leads to death, a sin that does NOT LEAD TO DEATH, a small sin!!!!!

THINK: A Christian dies with a small sin, a sin that does NOT Kill the soul!
FACT: All Christians that DIE with any SINS can't enter heaven!! No sin is allowed in heaven!

Any brother or sister that dies and has commited a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life.

If you say; "God will NOT let them enter heaven after you pray for them!!!" You MUST REJECT THE SCRIPTURES to say; "God will NOT let them enter heaven after you pray for them!!!"!!
Christians do NOT reject the scriptures!

Saying; "Christians Can't be PURGED of sins after death" is to reject the scriptures!
Saying; "Can't pray for a CHRISTIAN who has died" is to reject the scriptures!!

Christians who DIE with sins that do NOT lead to DEATH are ALIVE STILL!!!

Sin kills but NOT ALL SINS KILL!!

SCRIPTURES TELL CHRISTIANS: 1 John 5:16 (above) Some sins do not kill the soul!!

"God will remove the sin after you pray to God" PROVING souls are SANCTIFIED AFTER DEATH!!!
Scriptures are clearly saying: Christians are PURGED of their sin after death!!

God said.. He will remove SIN if you pray for them!!!
1 John 5:16 If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life.

1 Corinthians 3:12
If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw,
13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person's work.
14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward.
15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved"even though only as one escaping through the flames.

Please explain verse #15 (above)!?
Only the idea of "SANCTIFICATION after death" makes any logical sense!!!

John 5:28
"Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice
29 and come out "those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

What about those who have done GOOD (verse #29 above) but have a; "SIN THAT DOES NOT LEAD TO DEATH"!!!???
Will they be CONDEMNED?? NO!!
The sins that lead to death KILL the soul, these are the CONDEMNED!
Those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

SCRIPTURES TELL Christians: "People who reject the scriptures, have sins that CONDEMN them!!!" People who reject the scriptures have sins that lead to death!
John 12:48
There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

Be careful rejecting the words of Jesus; "If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life." Because you CONDEMN YOURSELF rejecting prayers for the dead!!

Matthew 5:25
"Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still together on the way, or your adversary may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison.
26 Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.

Verse 26(above) tells Christians; "They will get out but; Not UNTIL the debt is paid!! When they have been Sanctified they will have paid the debt, the soul will enter heaven!!

THINK: The Judge (Verse 25 above) is Jesus at the end times judgement!

HISTORICAL FACT: Martin Luther was NOT saying; "Purgatory is not real"!
Martin Luther was saying, in his 95 complaints nailed to the door; "Indulgences for the dead, were being abused!"

CHRISTIANS have always believed in Sanctification after death!
All Souls must be PURGED of sin before entry into heaven!!!
All are Sanctified by the fires of Purgatory (root word PURGED)!

All protestants refuse to pray for the souls of their dead ... They reject sanctification after death; They reject the scriptures!!!

Dogknox

'Forgive my trespasses as I forgive those who trespass against me'

'The measure you use will be used against you'

'Show mercy and you will be shown mercy'
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 12:52:06 PM
At 11/20/2012 12:45:22 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

I watched the first few minutes of that video, so I decided to pray to a jug of milk to see what would happen.

I said 'Jug of Milk, give me money!'. Then my mom yelled at me to take out the garbage.

In the elevator, I found a fiver.

All hail the jug of milk.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 12:55:47 PM
At 11/20/2012 12:52:06 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 11/20/2012 12:45:22 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

I watched the first few minutes of that video, so I decided to pray to a jug of milk to see what would happen.

I said 'Jug of Milk, give me money!'. Then my mom yelled at me to take out the garbage.

In the elevator, I found a fiver.

All hail the jug of milk.

All hail the jug of milk!
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 1:04:33 PM
Here's something you don't understand broski... it's when you have God's grace the blood of Christ washes over you and absolves you from all your sins. Making you a pure being, however, if you're evil spirt and you have commited murder or theft then you will die and swim in the lake of fire for all eternity.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 2:29:22 PM
At 11/20/2012 1:04:33 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Here's something you don't understand broski... it's when you have God's grace the blood of Christ washes over you and absolves you from all your sins. Making you a pure being, however, if you're evil spirt and you have commited murder or theft then you will die and swim in the lake of fire for all eternity.

if I have God's grace then why do I need the blood of Christ. Should my faith in him that justifies me and give me grace be good enough. If I believe he is able to forgive me of all my sins and well able, why do I need anything else such as the blood of jesus?
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 3:26:11 PM
DanielChristopherBlowes
You said..

Hello I hope all is well..
I reply: Yes scriptures are clear.. You can lose salvation!
Scriptures do not conflict... If the Apostles do not forgive, then they will not be forgiven!
Praying for our brothers and sisters .. Is praying for; People IN the body of Jesus!! All brothers and sisters are brothers and sisters of Jesus, because they are in Jesus!
All brothers and sisters that sin.. are CHRISTIANS doing the sinning, but not all sins remove the Christian from Jesus' body, some sins do not kill!!

Dogknox
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 3:38:43 PM
I reply: It is good to meet you..

lannan13 You said..
the blood of Christ washes over you and absolves you from all your sins.
I reply: To be saved by the BLOOD of Jesus you first must drink it!!!
Christians drink the living Blood of Jesus to be saved by the blood!

1 Corinthians 11:26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord"s death until he comes.
27 So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord.
28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup.
29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.

lannan13 verse 27 (above) you can't sin against a SYMBOL!
Verse # 29 is telling you drinking the blood and not "DISCERNING" (recognizing) it is Jesus' real honest to goodness blood, is a "SIN THAT KILLS"! You would not be forgiven by prayer!

53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

Verse 56 (above) is saying you would NOT REMAIN in Jesus!

Early Church Father's also drank the Blood of Jesus!
Ignatius of Antioch

"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

Dogknox
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 3:46:00 PM
At 11/20/2012 2:29:22 PM, question4u wrote:

if I have God's grace then why do I need the blood of Christ. Should my faith in him that justifies me and give me grace be good enough. If I believe he is able to forgive me of all my sins and well able, why do I need anything else such as the blood of jesus?

question4u What you forget is... "Having faith in Jesus is, believing the words of Jesus!!"
Rejecting the scriptures is NOT.. Believing in Jesus!
Satan rejects the scriptures, he twists the scriptures!!
Christians are CHRISTIAN because they believe the scriptures!

John 6:53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

question4u NOTE...
Ignatius of Antioch is CHRISTIAN.. He believes the words of Jesus, he has Faith IN Jesus!
He said..
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

Ignatius of Antioch Believes the scriptures he believes John 6:53-56 (above) literally!!
I am CHRISTIAN, I do not reject John 6 as just symbolic, metaphor!
question4u You believe different then what Christians have always believed!

Dogknox
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 4:00:59 PM

God's grace IS recieving atonement from the blood of Christ.

Without Christ's sacrifice, there would be no grace. God's Justice must be satisfied, therefore, either we suffer for our sin, or Christ does.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 4:08:32 PM
At 11/20/2012 3:46:00 PM, Dogknox wrote:

question4u What you forget is... "Having faith in Jesus is, believing the words of Jesus!!"

John 6:53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

question4u NOTE...
Ignatius of Antioch is CHRISTIAN.. He believes the words of Jesus, he has Faith IN Jesus!
He said..

Ignatius of Antioch Believes the scriptures he believes John 6:53-56 (above) literally!!

Dogknox

I am not a christian just like abraham was not, he was justified by faith in him that spoke to him, the same will be for me. I believe in the God of abraham Issac and jacob, He who is able to forgive me by faith in him and him alone.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 5:53:52 PM
At 11/20/2012 4:08:32 PM, question4u wrote:

question4u NOTE...
He said..

Dogknox

I am not a christian just like abraham was not, he was justified by faith in him that spoke to him, the same will be for me. I believe in the God of abraham Issac and jacob, He who is able to forgive me by faith in him and him alone.

So you think that obedient believers such as Abraham who died without at least not knowing/believing the specifics about Jesus Christ were saved - thus, you intend to be saved the same way? Is that what all of this is driving at?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 6:12:06 PM
At 11/20/2012 5:53:52 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 11/20/2012 4:08:32 PM, question4u wrote:

question4u NOTE...
He said..

Dogknox

So you think that obedient believers such as Abraham who died without at least not knowing/believing the specifics about Jesus Christ were saved - thus, you intend to be saved the same way? Is that what all of this is driving at?

I dont intend to be saved the same way but I am saved the same way.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 6:51:37 PM
question4u you said.. I am not a christian just like abraham was not, he was justified by faith in him that spoke to him, the same will be for me. I believe in the God of abraham Issac and jacob, He who is able to forgive me by faith in him and him alone.
I reply: The idea of salvation in "Believing in Jesus ALONE" is not found in the scriptures! It is a teaching first taught by men in the sixteenth century!

Abraham was saved by "What he did, NOT by faith alone"! Paul tells you so.. Abraham was saved before he was CIRCUMCISED!! Abraham was saved NOT by "Works of the Law-Circumcision" but by his actions when he offered Isaac!

Romans 4:9
Is this blessedness only for the circumcised, or also for the uncircumcised? We have been saying that Abraham"s faith was credited to him as righteousness. 10 Under what circumstances was it credited? Was it after he was circumcised, or before? It was not after, but before! 11 And he received circumcision as a sign, a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. So then, he is the father of all who believe but have not been circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them. 12 And he is then also the father of the circumcised who not only are circumcised but who also follow in the footsteps of the faith that our father Abraham had before he was circumcised.

question4u DO YOU SEE IT?? verse # 10 (above) circumcision is a sign Abraham was saved ALREADY before he was circumcised! He was saved by his actions.. by his offering to God from his heart!
question4u Abraham offered Isaac to be saved!!

question4u God makes it even more clear in James..
James 2:20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God"s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

question4u You have your faith NOT in God but in erroneous TEACHING of men!
No man is saved by Faith ALONE in Jesus!
Faith is action-less... Jesus teaches the TRUTH, his TEACHINGS must be believed to have "Faith in Jesus"!

God COMMANDS you to LOVE! Love is NOT faith, it is NOT hope, LOVE is ACTIONS of the heart!
John 13:34
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

question4u having FAITH ALONE in Jesus is believing you "MUST LOVE!" Having FAITH ALONE" in Jesus is believing Jesus' words and rejecting the erroneous TEACHING of men
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 7:02:49 PM
At 11/20/2012 6:51:37 PM, Dogknox wrote:
question4u you said.. I am not a christian just like abraham was not, he was justified by faith in him that spoke to him, the same will be for me. I believe in the God of abraham Issac and jacob, He who is able to forgive me by faith in him and him alone.
I reply: The idea of salvation in "Believing in Jesus ALONE" is not found in the scriptures! It is a teaching first taught by men in the sixteenth century!

Abraham was saved by "What he did, NOT by faith alone"! Paul tells you so.. Abraham was saved before he was CIRCUMCISED!! Abraham was saved NOT by "Works of the Law-Circumcision" but by his actions when he offered Isaac!

Is this blessedness only for the circumcised, or also for the uncircumcised? We have been saying that Abraham"s faith was credited to him as righteousness. 10 Under what circumstances was it credited? Was it after he was circumcised, or before? It was not after, but before! 11 And he received circumcision as a sign, a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. So then, he is the father of all who believe but have not been circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them. 12 And he is then also the father of the circumcised who not only are circumcised but who also follow in the footsteps of the faith that our father Abraham had before he was circumcised.

question4u DO YOU SEE IT?? verse # 10 (above) circumcision is a sign Abraham was saved ALREADY before he was circumcised! He was saved by his actions.. by his offering to God from his heart!

James 2:20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God"s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

Faith is action-less... Jesus teaches the TRUTH, his TEACHINGS must be believed to have "Faith in Jesus"!

God COMMANDS you to LOVE! Love is NOT faith, it is NOT hope, LOVE is ACTIONS of the heart!
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

question4u having FAITH ALONE in Jesus is believing you "MUST LOVE!" Having FAITH ALONE" in Jesus is believing Jesus' words and rejecting the erroneous TEACHING of men

My faith is not in jesus at at all. How can you Love if you dont know what love really is? Tell me what true love is? I will then tell you the love that I now have outside of jesus?
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 7:59:32 PM
At 11/20/2012 3:26:11 PM, Dogknox wrote:
DanielChristopherBlowes
You said..

Hello I hope all is well..
I reply: Yes scriptures are clear.. You can lose salvation!
Scriptures do not conflict... If the Apostles do not forgive, then they will not be forgiven!
Praying for our brothers and sisters .. Is praying for; People IN the body of Jesus!! All brothers and sisters are brothers and sisters of Jesus, because they are in Jesus!
All brothers and sisters that sin.. are CHRISTIANS doing the sinning, but not all sins remove the Christian from Jesus' body, some sins do not kill!!

Dogknox

No, I give much more grace to the world than I do the Church, we have His spirit and the Bible to follow, they do not..

Paul said 'I judge the Church not the world.'
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2012 9:26:38 PM
At 11/20/2012 6:51:37 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Wrong (as usual). "Belief or trust alone" was taught by certain individuals, rightly or wrongly, well before Martin Luther's daddy's sperm ever saw his momma's egg. Why do you persist in making such errors?

Abraham was a saved man - an obedient believer - long before he ever "offered Isaac." Another egrarious error on your part.

Nobody ever made the claim that you seem to be trying to refute.

No, he didn't. Amazing. You think Abraham trotted off with Isaac as an unsaved man, obeyed God by his willingness to offer his son, and came back a saved man.

... and Abraham was an obedient believer way, way, way before he attempted to offer Isaac.

All evidence points to the idea that you are the one making one mistake after another.

Depends on how one defines "faith" or "pistis" or "pisteuo". I'll accept Thayer or Liddell/Scott. Will you? Wait. Do you even know the definition of "pistis"? I vote, "Nay."

Faith is action-less...

LOL @ that one.

Jesus teaches the TRUTH, his TEACHINGS must be believed to have "Faith in Jesus"!

More mistakes from Dogknox. You'd confuse anyone who might be seriously seeking the truth.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 12:50:07 PM
question4u YOU ASKED.. My faith is not in jesus at at all. How can you Love if you dont know what love really is? Tell me what true love is? I will then tell you the love that I now have outside of jesus?

I reply: Love is: Letting go of yourself from your heart, for another person!
It is as simple as helping a old lady cross the street!
Jesus gave us his "ALL".. Complete perfect love.. He gave us his body, soul and divinity on the cross...
Jesus gives so complete that he wants us to completely consume him in 'Communion'!

LOOK... The sheep LOVE..
Matthew 25:31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 "Then the King will say to those on his right, "Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."

37 "Then the righteous will answer him, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?"

40 "The King will reply, "Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."

41 "Then he will say to those on his left, "Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me."

question4u The Sheep are RIGHTEOUS (verse 37 above) because they GIVE to Jesus in love! As Abraham gave his son to God was RIGHTEOUS!
LOOK the Goats do NOTHING for Jesus, they have ZERO LOVE all they have is "faith ALONE"! The Goats go to the Lake of fire!

Dogknox
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 3:10:22 PM
DanielChristopherBlowes you said.. No, I give much more grace to the world than I do the Church, we have His spirit and the Bible to follow, they do not..

I hope all is well...
I reply: Please point me to the scriptures that say.. Paul said 'I judge the Church not the world.'

I can find scriptures that say.. "Jesus will send the Holy Spirit to be with his church FOREVER!"
"The gates of hell will not prevail against; The Church!"
"The Church is the pillar and the foundation of truth"!
"Listen to the Church"!
"The CHURCH is the Body of Jesus"!
"Jesus loves the Church"!
"Jesus died for the Church"!
"The Church is Holy!"
"The Church is BLAMELESS!"
"The Holy Spirit empowers The Church"!
"Jesus formed ONE Church"!
"Jesus feeds The Church"!
"Jesus will never, ever leave his Church"!
"Peter is the Shepherd of Jesus' Church"!

All brothers and sisters are "IN Jesus' Holy Body" all can sin.. all CHRISTIANS can sin but not all sins remove the Christian from Jesus' body, some sins do not kill!!
Only the sins that lead to death remove the Christian from Jesus' holy Catholic Body! The sins that Christians make, that do not lead to death can be removed by the prayers of other Christians!

DanielChristopherBlowes Christians believe the scriptures. People rejecting the scriptures means they are not Christian!

Dogknox
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 4:01:12 PM
At least he aint running around saying Peter is THE ROCK any more. Nor is he claiming Timothy was ever a bishop. Two thumbs up for those improvements. My gratitude to Augustine for correcting his once-constant "THE ROCK" screw-ups.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 7:23:00 PM
Timothy is a bishop..
Philippians 1:1
[ Greeting ] Paul and Timothy, bondservants of Jesus Christ, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

There is BISHOPS in Jesus' Church!
1 Timothy 3:1
This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3 not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous;

Then Paul adds.. in the same letter to Timothy..
14 These things I write to you, though I hope to come to you shortly;
15 but if I am delayed, I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Timothy is a BISHOP!!
Titus is a BISHOP!
Titus 1:4
To Titus, a true son in our common faith:
Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior.
5 For this reason I left you in Crete, that you should set in order the things that are lacking, and appoint elders in every city as I commanded you" 6 if a man is blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of dissipation or insubordination. 7 For a bishop must be blameless, as a steward of God, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money

The term for bishop, means "overseer", the man in charge!
The Early Church Father's were BISHOPS!
Ignatius of Antioch, is the BISHOP of Antioch!!
Ignatius was taught by the Apostle John!
"Now, therefore, it has been my privilege to see you in the person of your God-inspired bishop, Damas; and in the persons of your worthy presbyters, Bassus and Apollonius; and my fellow-servant, the deacon, Zotion. What a delight is his company! For he is subject to the bishop as to the grace of God, and to the presbytery as to the law of Jesus Christ" (Letter to the Magnesians 2 [A.D. 110]).

Ignatius of Antioch
"Take care to do all things in harmony with God, with the bishop presiding in the place of God, and with the presbyters in the place of the council of the apostles, and with the deacons, who are most dear to me, entrusted with the business of Jesus Christ, who was with the Father from the beginning and is at last made manifest" (ibid., 6:1).

DO YOU SEE IT?? The bishop presiding in the place of God & entrusted with the business of Jesus Christ

Clement of Alexandria
"A multitude of other pieces of advice to particular persons is written in the holy books: some for presbyters, some for bishops and deacons; and others for widows, of whom we shall have opportunity to speak elsewhere" (The Instructor of Children 3:12:97:2 [A.D. 191]).

The Bishop is the person in charge of the Church.. The scriptures tell us Bishops were IN Jesus' CHURCH and they received their authority IN PERSON! Look at 1 Timothy 1:6 and 4:14, where Paul reminds Timothy that the office of bishop had been conferred on him through the laying on of hands. Notice in 1 Timothy 5:22 that Paul advises Timothy not to be hasty in handing on this authority to others.

The Church Jesus formed has BISHOPS! The New Testament mentions three categories of Church leaders: bishops, presbyters, and deacons.
Dogknox
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 10:00:09 PM
At 11/21/2012 7:23:00 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Timothy is a bishop..

That's your assertion. Just watch: you'll never come close to proving it.

Philippians 1:1
[ Greeting ] Paul and Timothy, bondservants of Jesus Christ, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

I never doubted that the church has bishops (or elders) and deacons. Never questioned it. This does not prove Timothy was ever a bishop.

There is BISHOPS in Jesus' Church!

But you haven't proven that Timothy was ever a bishop.

1 Timothy 3:1
This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3 not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous;

That's a nice description of the qualifications of a bishop, but doesn't even hint that Timothy was ever a bishop.

Then Paul adds.. in the same letter to Timothy..
14 These things I write to you, though I hope to come to you shortly;
15 but if I am delayed, I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

And? Not a shred of evidence in those passages that Timothy was ever a bishop.

Timothy is a BISHOP!!

Told you that you'd never prove it - and thus you didn't.

Titus is a BISHOP!
Titus 1:4
To Titus, a true son in our common faith:
Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior.
5 For this reason I left you in Crete, that you should set in order the things that are lacking, and appoint elders in every city as I commanded you" 6 if a man is blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of dissipation or insubordination. 7 For a bishop must be blameless, as a steward of God, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money

"appoint elders (plural) in every city". So how many bishops or elders do you have in Rome? Gotta be at least two, right? Who are they?

The term for bishop, means "overseer", the man in charge!

Yes, but that doesn't mean Timothy was ever a bishop, does it?

The Early Church Father's were BISHOPS!

Oh, BS. Some were. Some weren't.

Ignatius of Antioch, is the BISHOP of Antioch!!
Ignatius was taught by the Apostle John!

That does not mean that Timothy was ever a bishop, does it?

"Now, therefore, it has been my privilege to see you in the person of your God-inspired bishop, Damas; and in the persons of your worthy presbyters, Bassus and Apollonius; and my fellow-servant, the deacon, Zotion. What a delight is his company! For he is subject to the bishop as to the grace of God, and to the presbytery as to the law of Jesus Christ" (Letter to the Magnesians 2 [A.D. 110]).

Ignatius of Antioch
"Take care to do all things in harmony with God, with the bishop presiding in the place of God, and with the presbyters in the place of the council of the apostles, and with the deacons, who are most dear to me, entrusted with the business of Jesus Christ, who was with the Father from the beginning and is at last made manifest" (ibid., 6:1).

DO YOU SEE IT?? The bishop presiding in the place of God & entrusted with the business of Jesus Christ

Clement of Alexandria
"A multitude of other pieces of advice to particular persons is written in the holy books: some for presbyters, some for bishops and deacons; and others for widows, of whom we shall have opportunity to speak elsewhere" (The Instructor of Children 3:12:97:2 [A.D. 191]).

The Bishop is the person in charge of the Church.. The scriptures tell us Bishops were IN Jesus' CHURCH and they received their authority IN PERSON! Look at 1 Timothy 1:6 and 4:14, where Paul reminds Timothy that the office of bishop had been conferred on him through the laying on of hands. Notice in 1 Timothy 5:22 that Paul advises Timothy not to be hasty in handing on this authority to others.

Alrighty. We'll look - course we already know that no passage says that Timothy was ever a bishop/elder, but we'll look anyway:

1 Tim 1: 6: "From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling." Huh? That's part of your "proof". It says not one word about Timothy being a bishop.

1 Tim 4: 14: "Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery."

What gift? Why, "gift" refers to and comprised the whole train of circumstances by which he had been qualified to serve as a MINISTER of the gospel - his education, his experiences, etc. The passage says not a word about Timothy being a bishop, does it? "By prophesy" would refer to prophetic declarations and the hopes of pious, Godly aquaintances in regard to his future usefulness. Where's the indication that Timothy was ever a bishop. THERE IS NONE.

And I Tim 5: 22: "Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure."

Lay hands on them - for what reason? New Testament Christians didn't have to be "bishops" in order to "lay hands" - and this is no evidence that Timothy was ever a bishop.

Repeat: I could care less if Timothy was a bishop or not. Perhaps he WAS. But I have enough sense to know that you can't prove it. No one can. So why, oh, why do you persist in blurting out "TIMOTHY WAS A BISHOP" when the truth is "YOU DONT KNOW IF HE WAS OR NOT." Why do you do that?

The Church Jesus formed has BISHOPS!

Sure did. And what's more, it had a plurality of bishops in every city. You left out that part.

The New Testament mentions three categories of Church leaders: bishops, presbyters, and deacons.

And not a lick of difference between a pastor, bishop, elder, and presbyter. Different descriptions of the same office. What about all those extra-added offices that nobody in the NT ever heard of? Like an archbishop? Cardinal? Pope? Did fallible men just make them up? I know about bishops and deacons. I can read all about them. But you know, I can't find much on archbishops, cardinals, monks, nuns, or popes.

Want to try again on "TIMOTHY WAS A BISHOP"? I dunno why it's so important to you - but you failed to establish your statement as a fact. It's just not there. Maybe he was. Maybe he wasn't. Doesn't matter to me. But it does to you, for some reason - and you sure can't prove it.
Dogknox
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2012 1:46:50 PM
Wikipedia encyclopedia The author of this epistle writes to Timothy concerning the organization of the church and Timothy's own leadership within the body.
Paul consecrated Timothy as bishop of Ephesus in the year 65, where he served for 15 years. In the year 97 (with Timothy dying at age 80), Timothy tried to halt a pagan procession of idols, ceremonies, and songs. In response to his preaching of the gospel, the angry pagans beat him, dragged him through the streets, and stoned him to death. In the 4th century, his relics were transferred to the Church of the Holy Apostles in Constantinople.

Britannica Encyclopedia
Tradition, probably based on New Testament inferences, made him first bishop of Ephesus, where he was allegedly martyred under the Roman emperor Nerva. One legend asserts that he was clubbed to death by a mob for protesting against the orgiastic worship of the goddess Artemis.

Fact Monster Encyclopedia
Timothy, Saint, d. c.100, early Christian, addressee of two books of the New Testament. The son of a Greek father and a Jewish mother, he was the friend and companion of St. Paul. He became first bishop of Ephesus and, according to tradition, was martyred there. He is also called Timotheus.

Read more: Timothy, Saint " Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com...
Timothy, Saint, d. c.100, early Christian, addressee of two books of the New Testament. The son of a Greek father and a Jewish mother, he was the friend and companion of St. Paul. He became first bishop of Ephesus and, according to tradition, was martyred there. He is also called Timotheus. Feast: Jan. 24.

Yahoo Encyclopedia
Timothy, Saint
d. c.100, early Christian, addressee of two books of the New Testament. The son of a Greek father and a Jewish mother, he was the friend and companion of St. Paul. He became first bishop of Ephesus and, according to tradition, was martyred there. He is also called Timotheus. Feast: Jan. 24.

Saint Timothy's
Episcopal Church
Indianapolis, IN USA

Whether the letters to Timothy were written by Paul or not, it is certain that Paul sent Timothy as his representative to Ephesus, to teach for some considerable time. We know that Paul sent for Timothy to bring his scrolls and cloak before winter set in - but not whether Timothy arrived before Paul's execution. The final chapter of the letter to Hebrew Christians may just possibly have been an appendix added by Paul himself. Its last message is that Timothy has been set free from some imprisonment and that Paul hopes he will arrive in time to be with him.

Eusebius, the 4th-century historian and bishop of Caesarea, records that Timothy became the first bishop of Ephesus. The apocryphal Acts of Timothy, dating from the same period, describes his martyrdom on 22 January in the year 97, when protesting at the licentious festivities in honor of Diana of the Ephesians. His relics are believed to have been transferred to Constantinople in the year 356.

annanicole
FACT: Timothy is a BISHOP!!!!
You argue with HISTORY and EXPERTS about Timothy!

Dogknox
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2012 4:26:28 PM
At 11/21/2012 3:10:22 PM, Dogknox wrote:
DanielChristopherBlowes you said.. No, I give much more grace to the world than I do the Church, we have His spirit and the Bible to follow, they do not..

I hope all is well...
I reply: Please point me to the scriptures that say.. Paul said 'I judge the Church not the world.'

I can find scriptures that say.. "Jesus will send the Holy Spirit to be with his church FOREVER!"
"Listen to the Church"!
"The Church is Holy!"

All brothers and sisters are "IN Jesus' Holy Body" all can sin.. all CHRISTIANS can sin but not all sins remove the Christian from Jesus' body, some sins do not kill!!
Only the sins that lead to death remove the Christian from Jesus' holy Catholic Body! The sins that Christians make, that do not lead to death can be removed by the prayers of other Christians!

DanielChristopherBlowes Christians believe the scriptures. People rejecting the scriptures means they are not Christian!

Dogknox

1 Corinthians 5:12..

Christians believe the scriptures!
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2012 8:16:55 PM
At 11/22/2012 4:26:28 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

I hope all is well...

"Listen to the Church"!
"The Church is Holy!"

Dogknox

1 Corinthians 5:12
What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked person from among you."

DanielChristopherBlowes I hope all is well..
I reply: FIRST Paul was talking to the elders of Jesus' Church! This is how he started his letter.. This, then, is how you ought to regard us: as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the mysteries God has revealed.
Clearly Paul was addressing "The Church elders, those who TEACH and Command the authority of Jesus."

I do NOT Judge anyone!!
If I said, you are condemned then I am "Judging"!

I am WARNING... Just as I would warn anyone who is in danger! Just as you should also..

I would NOT encourage anyone to continue on their course of destruction, it is my duty to correct them! God would not expect anything less! He does not want people to sit on their hands!!
Love saves, it is loving actions on my part to warn them.

DanielChristopherBlowes this is scriptures.. "Jesus will send the Holy Spirit to be with his church FOREVER!"
"The gates of hell will not prevail against; The his Church!"
"Listen to the Church"!
"The Church is Holy!"

DanielChristopherBlowes You also reject the words of Jesus, because you reject his ONE HOLY Church! You also reject the scriptures; "Jesus did NOT leave his Holy Church, he loves her he remains with her FOREVER, to the very end of the world!
"THE CHURCH" cannot be your church.. Your church is NOT, it CANNOT be Jesus' body, he did not form your church, yours was formed by men who also reject the scriptures!

Dogknox
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 1:46:16 AM
At 11/22/2012 8:16:55 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 11/22/2012 4:26:28 PM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

I hope all is well...

"Listen to the Church"!
"The Church is Holy!"

Dogknox

1 Corinthians 5:12
What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked person from among you."

I reply: FIRST Paul was talking to the elders of Jesus' Church! This is how he started his letter.. This, then, is how you ought to regard us: as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the mysteries God has revealed.
Clearly Paul was addressing "The Church elders, those who TEACH and Command the authority of Jesus."

Never said it wasn't.

I do NOT Judge anyone!!
If I said, you are condemned then I am "Judging"!

I am WARNING... Just as I would warn anyone who is in danger! Just as you should also..

I would NOT encourage anyone to continue on their course of destruction, it is my duty to correct them! God would not expect anything less! He does not want people to sit on their hands!!
Love saves, it is loving actions on my part to warn them.

DanielChristopherBlowes this is scriptures.. "Jesus will send the Holy Spirit to be with his church FOREVER!"
"The gates of hell will not prevail against; The his Church!"
"Listen to the Church"!
"The Church is Holy!"

DanielChristopherBlowes You also reject the words of Jesus, because you reject his ONE HOLY Church! You also reject the scriptures; "Jesus did NOT leave his Holy Church, he loves her he remains with her FOREVER, to the very end of the world!
"THE CHURCH" cannot be your church.. Your church is NOT, it CANNOT be Jesus' body, he did not form your church, yours was formed by men who also reject the scriptures!

Dogknox

Gently and with respect, remember?
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 9:09:22 AM

You said.. Never said it wasn't.
I reply.. I am NOT an elder or anyone with any kind of authority!! I am just one person.. ME-Myself...!! Judging is done by AUTHORITY given. Given to the a Civil Judges by the people! It is Given to the Elders of the Church (Bishops) by God!
I am NOT a Bishop... I can't JUDGE!!!

You said.. Gently and with respect, remember?
I reply... My lips are moving, sound is coming out... You do not hear it!
You insist on rejecting the scriptures.. In the post above this one, I pointed out scriptures concerning "The Church" you twist, massage, or out right reject these scriptures to somehow mean; Your Church is the Church Jesus formed!
DanielChristopherBlowes Christians are Christian because they accept the scriptures as truth from God! Twisting, Massaging, Rejecting God' words is what "The Watch Tower Society" does and apparently you also!

I believe "The Wine is the Blood Of Jesus"! The Early Church also the same, "Jesus gives us his holy Blood to drink in the form of wine" His blood saves Christians because Christians drink Jesus blood!
DanielChristopherBlowes Blood represents life, in the Old Testament times, they saw as the blood drained away the life also drained away. They believed if you drank the blood of a sheep you became as a sheep! Thus drinking the Blood of Jesus man becomes as Jesus... Immortal-- living forever!