Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
Jump to topic:

Jesus Christ Existed Even Before Abraham (2)

elisur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 1:41:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Notice the following:

"I speak that which I have seen with my Father"

"I proceeded forth and came from God"

"Abraham rejoiced to see my day"

"Verily,verily,I say unto you,Before Abraham was,I am"

The consistent thought being expressed in the preceding pronouncements of the Lord Jesus Christ proves His pre-existence before Abraham was born.It is not just a "foreknowledge" of God as Mr. Tumbok claims.Lets us investigate his erroneous conclusion in the translation he used "the DOUAY-RHEIMS VERSION:

(1 Peter 1:18-20)"Knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, as gold or silver, from your vain conversation of the tradition of your fathers:But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb unspotted and undefiled, foreknown indeed before the foundation of the world, but manifested in the last times for you""

In these verses, what was foreknown by God is not the being of Christ but, the redemptive power of the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb unspotted and undefiled.Of course, the blood of Christ does not yet exist before the foundation of the world because He was not yet born in the flesh, but existing in spirit.Likewise, the apostle Peter is speaking of the same foreknowledge of God.

(Acts 2:23)"Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death""

Note the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God speaks of the redemption that will be accomplished by the blood and death of Christ in the flesh.

Mr. Tumbok alleges that Christ only existed when He was born of His mother.This is what he said:

""for He came to exist only when He was born of His mother, Apostle Paul testified:

"But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law." (Gal. 4:4, Ibid.)

This claim of Mr. Tumbok is neither Biblical nor scientific.Biblically and scientifically speaking, the existence of a man starts in the loins of his father.

(Hebrews 7:5)"And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham""

Let us examine what the apostle said in Galatians 4:4.

"But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law."

The verse did not say that our Lord Jesus Christ only existed when He was born of His mother as Mr. Tumbok claims.But a striking truth can be noticed by an open mind.

God sent forth His Son!He was sent because He came from God.He was sent because He came from heaven.When He came, a body was prepared for Him; which was born of the woman under the law.

(John 1:18)"No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

(John 6:38)"For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will,but the will of him that sent me."

(Hebrews 10:5)"Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me""

These verses all denote the pre-existence of Christ before He came to earth.