Jump to topic:

What is inner self to you?

Cometflash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2012 4:50:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
To me it feels like my inner self is stronger than myself. I don't know, but it does not feel like my own self, it feels like a guider.

Thoughts sometimes feels like an outside force as well. Thoughts feels different than inner self, and sometimes they bug the hell out of me, so I have to mute, more like ignore it.

A few years back, I think I made a mistake, by doing just that. Random thoughts just kept surfacing like crazy, so much so that I had a lot of trouble falling asleep. Those thoughts were in even more volume at night. I guess maybe unconsciously I ignore them during the day. So I started to ignore everything in order to sleep. That worked really well. Later on I realize the downfall.
You see I used to have such of vivid dreams, and I was always able to remember and describe them very well with very much details.
After a a couple of years having no much of a problem falling asleep, I realize I had no idea when was the last time I had dream it. After I thought about, I kept a close eye awaiting a time I would dream. Dreams started to happen again, at first I could barely remember if I had dreamed, then it got better, but to this day I have yet to have another dream in which I remember in detail like I used to.
So I gain my sleep back, but in consequence lost my dreams, at least a great part of it, which I love having. Now I think though, I probably would have lost the ability to dream anyways since I was sleeping less and less each day.

Ok, I realize I went off topic here, I'm sorry about that.
So concentrate on inner self, thoughts would probably be better discussed on philosophy board. I know inner self could too, but I was more interested on a religious view out of this, of why I'm posting here.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2012 4:55:36 PM
At 11/21/2012 4:50:26 PM, Cometflash wrote:
To me it feels like my inner self is stronger than myself. I don't know, but it does not feel like my own self, it feels like a guider.

Thoughts sometimes feels like an outside force as well. Thoughts feels different than inner self, and sometimes they bug the hell out of me, so I have to mute, more like ignore it.

A few years back, I think I made a mistake, by doing just that. Random thoughts just kept surfacing like crazy, so much so that I had a lot of trouble falling asleep. Those thoughts were in even more volume at night. I guess maybe unconsciously I ignore them during the day. So I started to ignore everything in order to sleep. That worked really well. Later on I realize the downfall.
You see I used to have such of vivid dreams, and I was always able to remember and describe them very well with very much details.
After a a couple of years having no much of a problem falling asleep, I realize I had no idea when was the last time I had dream it. After I thought about, I kept a close eye awaiting a time I would dream. Dreams started to happen again, at first I could barely remember if I had dreamed, then it got better, but to this day I have yet to have another dream in which I remember in detail like I used to.
So I gain my sleep back, but in consequence lost my dreams, at least a great part of it, which I love having. Now I think though, I probably would have lost the ability to dream anyways since I was sleeping less and less each day.

Ok, I realize I went off topic here, I'm sorry about that.
So concentrate on inner self, thoughts would probably be better discussed on philosophy board. I know inner self could too, but I was more interested on a religious view out of this, of why I'm posting here.

Yes, our hearts are our true selves.. But our hearts are deceptive, and evil..

Being born again means we have the 'mind of Christ' -the mind judges the heart, so we can repent of certain thoughts and replace them with TRUTH..
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
Konjim
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 3:10:49 AM
Hi All

It really hard to describe, What Inner self to you, I am believe in Hindu religion lord Krishna. Lord Krishna is known as different name in Hindu like manohar, mayur, mohan, murali etc , he Give me Inner self power to take Right decision

Now Your Hurt is True , and Do those things that your hurts Say to you .
http://www.krishna333.com...
paintings of Krishna
Murphy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 3:28:35 AM
At 11/26/2012 3:10:49 AM, Konjim wrote:
Hi All

It really hard to describe, What Inner self to you, I am believe in Hindu religion lord Krishna. Lord Krishna is known as different name in Hindu like manohar, mayur, mohan, murali etc , he Give me Inner self power to take Right decision

Now Your Hurt is True , and Do those things that your hurts Say to you .
http://www.krishna333.com...

(KJV) Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
2 Corinthians 4:16 Therefore we do not give up; even though our outer person is being destroyed, our inner person is being renewed day by day.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 4:50:56 AM
I like this question.

The best I can come up with is conscious turning in on its self.

That which is aware, is aware it is aware or something like that.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12