Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

No Longer Against God & Religion

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 2:26:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was once fervently against religion, Holy books, and the belief in God. As time passed, I slowly dropped those ideas and attitude towards religion.

I am still very much against DOGMA, but dogma comes in many forms, not just religion.

Jesus is great, there's many great passages in the Bible, there's great aspects in esoteric Islam, great stuff in Hinduism, and of course Buddhism.

I no longer agree with the negation-based aspect of Atheism. Even as a once self-described Atheist, I believed in a "Universal Consciousness." I made issue with the word "God" and people's belief in God. But the fact of the matter is I can no longer find issue with belief in a "God" especially given that most don't believe in man with a beard in the sky.

Yes, I still have issues with the absurd doctrines like vicarious redemption, but even then, I have lost interest and the desire to criticize it.

I haven't posted in the Religion forum in ages so I thought I'd give an update on my current understanding of all things "Religion."
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Murphy
Posts: 22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 2:40:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/26/2012 2:33:02 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
I will always be against illogical beliefs, whether they involve deities or not.

All belief that contrary in the bible is ILLOGICAL belief,came from the DEVIL
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 2:44:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/26/2012 2:33:02 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
I will always be against illogical beliefs, whether they involve deities or not.

Same here.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Murphy
Posts: 22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 2:50:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/26/2012 2:44:12 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/26/2012 2:33:02 AM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
I will always be against illogical beliefs, whether they involve deities or not.

Same here.

GOD SAID::::
(RSV) 1 Corinthians 4:6 I have applied all this to myself and Apollos for your benefit, brethren, that you may learn by us not to go beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up in favor of one against another.
Galatians 1:6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and turning to a different gospel-
Galatians 1:7 not that there is another gospel, but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
Galatians 1:8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to that which we preached to you, let him be accursed.
latians 1:9 As we have said before, so now I say again, If any one is preaching to you a gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 4:56:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I came to pretty much the same conclusion a while ago, except I don't really have that much of a desire to learn more about religions than I already have. I'd prefer to continue learning about the forefronts of human knowledge than the ancient non-updated beliefs of bygone eras.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 5:17:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'd encourage you to check out a Unitarian Universalist church. I think you'd enjoy it. They're eager to hear people's differing views.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 7:53:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/26/2012 2:26:46 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I was once fervently against religion, Holy books, and the belief in God. As time passed, I slowly dropped those ideas and attitude towards religion.

I am still very much against DOGMA, but dogma comes in many forms, not just religion.

Jesus is great, there's many great passages in the Bible, there's great aspects in esoteric Islam, great stuff in Hinduism, and of course Buddhism.

I no longer agree with the negation-based aspect of Atheism. Even as a once self-described Atheist, I believed in a "Universal Consciousness." I made issue with the word "God" and people's belief in God. But the fact of the matter is I can no longer find issue with belief in a "God" especially given that most don't believe in man with a beard in the sky.

Yes, I still have issues with the absurd doctrines like vicarious redemption, but even then, I have lost interest and the desire to criticize it.

I haven't posted in the Religion forum in ages so I thought I'd give an update on my current understanding of all things "Religion."

A step towards Deism is a step towards Theism is a step towards the Truth: Jesus Christ.
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 11:08:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/26/2012 5:17:28 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I'd encourage you to check out a Unitarian Universalist church. I think you'd enjoy it. They're eager to hear people's differing views.

Unless you're a pretty mainstream Christian who thinks his religion is actually true, and that views that contradict it are false.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Nidhogg
Posts: 503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 2:42:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/26/2012 4:56:22 AM, Kinesis wrote:
I came to pretty much the same conclusion a while ago, except I don't really have that much of a desire to learn more about religions than I already have.

Well, that's why you say that Religion is: "the ancient non-updated beliefs of bygone eras." You need to know a religion before disregarding it.
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 4:24:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/26/2012 2:42:00 PM, Nidhogg wrote:
At 11/26/2012 4:56:22 AM, Kinesis wrote:
I came to pretty much the same conclusion a while ago, except I don't really have that much of a desire to learn more about religions than I already have.

Well, that's why you say that Religion is: "the ancient non-updated beliefs of bygone eras." You need to know a religion before disregarding it.

Hey, message me when God sends down Bible 2.0. I'll check it out.
Nidhogg
Posts: 503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 6:57:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/26/2012 4:24:36 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 11/26/2012 2:42:00 PM, Nidhogg wrote:
At 11/26/2012 4:56:22 AM, Kinesis wrote:
I came to pretty much the same conclusion a while ago, except I don't really have that much of a desire to learn more about religions than I already have.

Well, that's why you say that Religion is: "the ancient non-updated beliefs of bygone eras." You need to know a religion before disregarding it.

Hey, message me when God sends down Bible 2.0. I'll check it out

It's called the New Testament, what you want is Bible 3.0
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
naturebeckles
Posts: 73
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 7:10:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago

A step towards Deism is a step towards Theism is a step towards the Truth: Jesus Christ.


I disagree. I went from being a hardcore Christian in a cult church, to an evangelical, to a liberal Christians, to a Deist. There is just enough spiritual subjective evidence to believe in God, but not any faith in religion based on man's need to control the masses for power & money. That's all Christianity became after Jesus, Paul & the 12 Apostles died.
"Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own." Bruce Lee
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 7:13:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I love a good steak. But my love for steak won't stop me from criticizing one if it is served to me in a pile of dog sh1t on a garbage can lid with a side of cow bile.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 9:36:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/26/2012 2:26:46 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I was once fervently against religion, Holy books, and the belief in God. As time passed, I slowly dropped those ideas and attitude towards religion.

I am still very much against DOGMA, but dogma comes in many forms, not just religion.

Jesus is great, there's many great passages in the Bible, there's great aspects in esoteric Islam, great stuff in Hinduism, and of course Buddhism.

I no longer agree with the negation-based aspect of Atheism. Even as a once self-described Atheist, I believed in a "Universal Consciousness." I made issue with the word "God" and people's belief in God. But the fact of the matter is I can no longer find issue with belief in a "God" especially given that most don't believe in man with a beard in the sky.

Yes, I still have issues with the absurd doctrines like vicarious redemption, but even then, I have lost interest and the desire to criticize it.

I haven't posted in the Religion forum in ages so I thought I'd give an update on my current understanding of all things "Religion."

Congratulations for accepting a wholly reasonable perspective. I only wish more on either side of the debate would take your words to heart.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 11:23:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/26/2012 9:36:41 PM, Wnope wrote:
Congratulations for accepting a wholly reasonable perspective. I only wish more on either side of the debate would take your words to heart.

Circumcision is GENITAL MUTILATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 2:39:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/26/2012 2:26:46 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I was once fervently against religion, Holy books, and the belief in God. As time passed, I slowly dropped those ideas and attitude towards religion.

I am still very much against DOGMA, but dogma comes in many forms, not just religion.

Jesus is great, there's many great passages in the Bible, there's great aspects in esoteric Islam, great stuff in Hinduism, and of course Buddhism.

I no longer agree with the negation-based aspect of Atheism. Even as a once self-described Atheist, I believed in a "Universal Consciousness." I made issue with the word "God" and people's belief in God. But the fact of the matter is I can no longer find issue with belief in a "God" especially given that most don't believe in man with a beard in the sky.

Yes, I still have issues with the absurd doctrines like vicarious redemption, but even then, I have lost interest and the desire to criticize it.

I haven't posted in the Religion forum in ages so I thought I'd give an update on my current understanding of all things "Religion."

That's mature of you. What about your superpositions proof?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 6:24:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/26/2012 6:57:36 PM, Nidhogg wrote:
It's called the New Testament, what you want is Bible 3.0

The 'Bible' refers to the OT and the NT. But, now we're just playing semantics.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 7:25:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/26/2012 7:10:38 PM, naturebeckles wrote:

A step towards Deism is a step towards Theism is a step towards the Truth: Jesus Christ.


I disagree. I went from being a hardcore Christian in a cult church, to an evangelical, to a liberal Christians, to a Deist. There is just enough spiritual subjective evidence to believe in God, but not any faith in religion based on man's need to control the masses for power & money. That's all Christianity became after Jesus, Paul & the 12 Apostles died.

We call this back sliding..
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
question4u
Posts: 492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 11:08:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/26/2012 7:10:38 PM, naturebeckles wrote:

A step towards Deism is a step towards Theism is a step towards the Truth: Jesus Christ.


I disagree. I went from being a hardcore Christian in a cult church, to an evangelical, to a liberal Christians, to a Deist. There is just enough spiritual subjective evidence to believe in God, but not any faith in religion based on man's need to control the masses for power & money. That's all Christianity became after Jesus, Paul & the 12 Apostles died.

Christianity became when jesus was introduced.. they created a god that all poor and simple minded people will believe, and then no longer seek to find the truth of the true creator.. They serve the Lord aka baal just like jews and all other religions today.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Posts: 1,066
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 11:15:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/27/2012 11:08:15 AM, question4u wrote:
At 11/26/2012 7:10:38 PM, naturebeckles wrote:

A step towards Deism is a step towards Theism is a step towards the Truth: Jesus Christ.


I disagree. I went from being a hardcore Christian in a cult church, to an evangelical, to a liberal Christians, to a Deist. There is just enough spiritual subjective evidence to believe in God, but not any faith in religion based on man's need to control the masses for power & money. That's all Christianity became after Jesus, Paul & the 12 Apostles died.



Christianity became when jesus was introduced.. they created a god that all poor and simple minded people will believe, and then no longer seek to find the truth of the true creator.. They serve the Lord aka baal just like jews and all other religions today.

No, all things were created through Him and by Him and for Him; Jesus is Gods word made flesh.
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
question4u
Posts: 492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 11:18:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/27/2012 11:08:15 AM, question4u wrote:
At 11/26/2012 7:10:38 PM, naturebeckles wrote:

A step towards Deism is a step towards Theism is a step towards the Truth: Jesus Christ.


I disagree. I went from being a hardcore Christian in a cult church, to an evangelical, to a liberal Christians, to a Deist. There is just enough spiritual subjective evidence to believe in God, but not any faith in religion based on man's need to control the masses for power & money. That's all Christianity became after Jesus, Paul & the 12 Apostles died.



Christianity became when jesus was introduced.. they created a god that all poor and simple minded people will believe, and then no longer seek to find the truth of the true creator.. They serve the Lord aka baal just like jews and all other religions today.

However, Athtart pleads for Yam, who acknowledges the Lord as king of heaven:

Then up speaks Yam: "Lo, I am as good as dead! Surely, Baal now reigns as king!"
Hadad holds a great feast, but not long afterwards he battles Mot (death) and through his mouth he descends to his realm below the earth. Yet like Yam, Death too is defeated and in h. I AB ii the Lord arises from the dead:

For alive is Mighty Baal,
Revived is the Prince, Master of Earth."
'El calls to the Virgin Anat:
"Hearken, O maiden Anat

who is the lord that they speaking of? baal of course christians stole there Iesous from GI or Gia, Ie the mother earth and zeus, to get the earth god or man god jesus.

you will find out that zeus is baal and gia is astareth his consort they say. but all are the same baal is male/female The lord.