Jump to topic:

I had a vision

OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2012 11:29:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is actually not a joke thread, I'm not trolling. I have better ways to entertain myself than reading people's reactions on message boards.

I was meditating last night - the room was perfectly silent, dark, and I had smoked a little cannabis beforehand, but certainly not too much to the point where I was baked. I was on the bed, and the last thing I remember was myself meditating about the existence of God where all of a sudden I saw a crack in my vision and it's hard to explain but the state of consciousness I was in basically fell apart. I now saw a pattern of green, blue, and purple emanating from space circling wildly in my line of sight. Attached to the figure appeared to be a light source that I remember being connected to the area near where my foot was.

My attention, however, was on the mostly green and purple object that was spinning and gyrating towards the center where it became ever more complex. It became difficult to look at, and after maybe 10 seconds I had to look away and I returned to my normal state of consciousness.

Anyway, I looked online and the best explanation I could find was that I saw one or two of my chakras - a form within the body that I believe is discussed in Buddhism and possibly Hinduism. I can't unsee what I saw. I felt the experience finalized my break from materialism.

Comments?
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 1:23:31 AM
A.) you just confessed to strangers that you recently committed a crime... Real bright.
B.) if you are under the influence of pot than you don't have right concentration. What you saw was most likely the effect of the pot enhanced by the meditation. Meditation has an effect on the brain. The effect of meditation depends on what type of meditation you were doing.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 1:30:12 AM
But yeah, actually, I always trip balls when I meditate on cannabis. But that's because I"m very experienced in meditation.

Whatever you experience, I just suggest not attaching any outside meaning to it. We feel the strong need to do that so we can make sense of things but it only gets in the way of it's actual meaning.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 1:31:45 AM
At 11/27/2012 1:27:46 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm going to have to test that weed for you.

+1
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 1:32:15 AM
At 11/27/2012 1:23:31 AM, DanT wrote:
A.) you just confessed to strangers that you recently committed a crime... Real bright.

You can post a video of you smoking weed on youtube right now. Nothing will happen.

Besides, I'm sure he's just making the whole thing up for attention. Isn't that right, OMG?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 1:48:08 AM
When I was younger I had actual visions. They were vivid dreams about the end of the world. I could actually feel the wind, and the heat from the flames. In one dream I was disembowled, and I could feel it. After being disembowled I woke up screaming in a cold sweat... It was horrible.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 2:17:35 AM
At 11/27/2012 1:30:12 AM, FREEDO wrote:
But yeah, actually, I always trip balls when I meditate on cannabis. But that's because I"m very experienced in meditation.

Whatever you experience, I just suggest not attaching any outside meaning to it. We feel the strong need to do that so we can make sense of things but it only gets in the way of it's actual meaning.

I respectfully disagree, but I certainly don't think of it was "tripping balls" - I opened a completely different state of consciousness, I've heard it described as the "mind's eye" and the descriptions I had have matched up perfectly with others. If you choose not to attach any outside or retrospective importance to meditative experiences that's your own opinion.

Besides, I'm sure he's just making the whole thing up for attention. Isn't that right, OMG?

Yes, I would never smoke weed because it's super illegal and you can get arrested for it.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 2:27:00 AM
At 11/27/2012 2:17:35 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 11/27/2012 1:30:12 AM, FREEDO wrote:

I respectfully disagree, but I certainly don't think of it was "tripping balls" - I opened a completely different state of consciousness, I've heard it described as the "mind's eye" and the descriptions I had have matched up perfectly with others. If you choose not to attach any outside or retrospective importance to meditative experiences that's your own opinion.

I am a Buddha, you know. While meditating for 5 hours one day, I "achieved" ego loss without the aid of psychedelics or cannabis.

Choose whatever bullshit you like. I don't care.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 2:33:57 AM
At 11/26/2012 11:29:07 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
This is actually not a joke thread, I'm not trolling. I have better ways to entertain myself than reading people's reactions on message boards.

I was meditating last night - the room was perfectly silent, dark, and I had smoked a little cannabis beforehand, but certainly not too much to the point where I was baked. I was on the bed, and the last thing I remember was myself meditating about the existence of God where all of a sudden I saw a crack in my vision and it's hard to explain but the state of consciousness I was in basically fell apart. I now saw a pattern of green, blue, and purple emanating from space circling wildly in my line of sight. Attached to the figure appeared to be a light source that I remember being connected to the area near where my foot was.

My attention, however, was on the mostly green and purple object that was spinning and gyrating towards the center where it became ever more complex. It became difficult to look at, and after maybe 10 seconds I had to look away and I returned to my normal state of consciousness.

Anyway, I looked online and the best explanation I could find was that I saw one or two of my chakras - a form within the body that I believe is discussed in Buddhism and possibly Hinduism. I can't unsee what I saw. I felt the experience finalized my break from materialism.

Comments?

Dude, what exactly did you do? How did you meditate?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 7:46:44 AM

Comments?

I wouldn't attach too much meaning to it, the mind can create anything it wants too.
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 7:59:22 AM
At 11/27/2012 7:46:44 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

Comments?

I wouldn't attach too much meaning to it, the mind can create anything it wants too.

Like god...

The virgin at Guadalupe...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 8:16:22 AM

Comments?

Dude!

Good point...
signature
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 9:09:40 AM

Comments?

That's amazing. It's about time someone was brave enough to sincerely recount a spiritual experience on this site, of all places.

That sounds like the beginning of a spiritual journey, if you ask me. Perhaps, you should start investigating deeper aspects of spirituality and see what you can learn. Could make for some excellent conversation, so do post about it. ^_^
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 10:41:20 AM
At 11/27/2012 2:33:57 AM, MouthWash wrote:

Comments?

Dude, what exactly did you do? How did you meditate?

It was around midnight, the room was perfectly silent, I turned off all the lights and sat on my bed with my legs Indian-style, but it was hard to keep the traditional meditation posture so I let it slack a bit. I think you just have to be comfortable, but not too comfortable. I'm pretty sure I eventually uncrossed my legs and just sat like "the thinker" - the important thing is to have no distractions. The last thing I remember before the break was pondering philosophical questions.

That sounds like the beginning of a spiritual journey, if you ask me. Perhaps, you should start investigating deeper aspects of spirituality and see what you can learn. Could make for some excellent conversation, so do post about it. ^_^

Thanks, I'll post more if I get anything else. Unfortunately I have a massive amount of work coming up for finals, but feel free to chat me up about it. I'm certain that others have experienced something along the lines of what I have, and I have found similar descriptions posted online.
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 10:55:04 AM

Comments?

How did you feel when you saw the vision? Did you feel fear or calmness? How did you feel later? Would you like to experience it again?
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 11:05:57 AM
At 11/27/2012 10:55:04 AM, baggins wrote:

Comments?

How did you feel when you saw the vision? Did you feel fear or calmness? How did you feel later? Would you like to experience it again?

Immediately after the experience I felt a strong sense of amazement and wonder, and upon reflecting I actually had tears of joy. At first I was a little confused as to what I saw. I thought some aspect of the divine had revealed itself to me, and perhaps that is true to some degree, but the regardless of specifics the experience was entirely positive.
DanielChristopherBlowes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 11:29:26 AM
At 11/27/2012 8:18:32 AM, badger wrote:
Honestly... how can you be so blatantly and profoundly hypocritical?

Because creating a pretty new age psychedelic light show in your mind is not the same as an outside entity of pure being and power turning your whole life upside down and asking me to change everything and do everything I didn't want to do..
Everyone on the side of Truth listens to Me. (Jesus Christ)
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 11:57:03 AM
At 11/27/2012 11:05:57 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 11/27/2012 10:55:04 AM, baggins wrote:

Comments?

Immediately after the experience I felt a strong sense of amazement and wonder, and upon reflecting I actually had tears of joy. At first I was a little confused as to what I saw. I thought some aspect of the divine had revealed itself to me, and perhaps that is true to some degree, but the regardless of specifics the experience was entirely positive.

If your feelings were positive, then it was a spiritual guidance from God, regardless of specifics. Do continue your meditation, as far as possible in you schedule. However be extremely vigilant against becoming arrogant.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 12:25:30 PM
At 11/27/2012 11:29:26 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

Because creating a pretty new age psychedelic light show in your mind is not the same as an outside entity of pure being and power turning your whole life upside down and asking me to change everything and do everything I didn't want to do..

Were you once a homosexual? Just wondering. Also, might you recount this revelation of yours as bieber dude did his?
signature
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 12:56:00 PM
It's probably your mind making something up.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 2:32:41 PM
At 11/27/2012 12:56:00 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 2:43:31 PM

Comments?

For God's sake, surely you understand that the brain is powerful enough to construct such illusions especially when you've just drugged yourself... If you are trolling, I don't get the joke. If you're not, I've lost some respect for you.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 2:44:11 PM
At 11/27/2012 11:29:26 AM, DanielChristopherBlowes wrote:

Knock and i shall ENTER

He would be in, not out.

Holy spirit, man.

Besides, can you create a light show? I don't think you can.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 2:58:41 PM
At 11/27/2012 2:32:41 PM, Maikuru wrote:
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 3:14:08 PM

YOU SAID SOMETHING SMART

Somebody get the champagne!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Nidhogg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 3:16:32 PM
At 11/27/2012 1:31:45 AM, imabench wrote:
At 11/27/2012 1:27:46 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm going to have to test that weed for you.

+1

+2 provided I am in the Netherlands
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 3:28:25 PM
At 11/27/2012 2:32:41 PM, Maikuru wrote:

For God's sake, surely you understand that the brain is powerful enough to construct such illusions especially when you've just drugged yourself... If you are trolling, I don't get the joke. If you're not, I've lost some respect for you.

Doesn't my mind make something up when I look anywhere? I only claim that it was my mind grasping something out there. You're obviously going to dismiss this not as something you derive from reason, but on the basis on reason itself. You just don't acknowledge what I witnessed as "real" - fine, I wouldn't expect you to. To me, it was.