Jump to topic:

contradiction

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 10:33:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, nor any manner of likeness, of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;
thou shalt not bow down unto them, nor serve them; for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me; " ~ Exodus 20:3-4
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net...
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 11:08:07 PM
At 11/27/2012 10:33:40 PM, DanT wrote:
"Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, nor any manner of likeness, of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;
thou shalt not bow down unto them, nor serve them; for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me; " ~ Exodus 20:3-4

What?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
truthseeker613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 11:26:35 PM
At 11/27/2012 11:08:07 PM, MouthWash wrote:

What?

I'm sure you've heard this before.
He's basically saying that those verses contradict the Christian practice of making forms of jesus and bowing to it.
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 2:17:10 AM
At 11/27/2012 10:35:28 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
That was a metaphor.

WTF are you on? The text couldn't be clearer.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 5:46:55 AM
(2129) The divine injunction included the prohibition of every representation of God by the hand of man. Deuteronomy explains: "Since you saw no form on the day that the Lord spoke to you at Horeb out of the midst of the fire, beware lest you act corruptly by making a graven image for yourselves, in the form of any figure...." [66] It is the absolutely transcendent God who revealed himself to Israel. "He is the all," but at the same time "he is greater than all his works." [67] He is "the author of beauty." [68]

(2130) Nevertheless, already in the Old Testament, God ordained or permitted the making of images that pointed symbolically toward salvation by the incarnate Word: so it was with the bronze serpent, the ark of the covenant, and the cherubim. [69]

(2131) Basing itself on the mystery of the incarnate Word, the seventh ecumenical council at Nicaea justified against the iconoclasts the veneration of icons - of Christ, but also of the Mother of God, the angels, and all the saints. By becoming incarnate, the Son of God introduced a new "economy" of images.

(2132) The Christian veneration of images is not contrary to the first commandment which proscribes idols. Indeed, "the honor rendered to an image passes to its prototype," and "whoever venerates an image venerates the person portrayed in it." [70] The honor paid to sacred images is a "respectful veneration," not the adoration due to God alone: Religious worship is not directed to images in themselves, considered as mere things, but under their distinctive aspect as images leading us on to God incarnate. The movement toward the image does not terminate in it as image, but tends toward that whose image it is. [71]
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 2:44:29 PM

So you do NOT have pictures hanging on your walls at home??
You do NOT have a picture of your wife and children in your wallet!?

Moses did NOT make a "Bronze Serpent" and have the people look towards it to be saved!? Yeah right!!!

The Jews did not have "Two Angels with wings outspread over the Arc of the Covenant"?
DanT What you miss is: Catholics do not worship statues, because only God is deserving of adoration.

If someone enters your house, he should expect to find a picture of your mother. So, when someone walks into a Catholic Church "the household of God" he should not be surprised to find a picture of the mother of God, along with the rest of the heavenly family!

DanT The Catholic Church absolutely recognizes and condemns the sin of idolatry.
The Protestant "COMMUNION" with symbolic flesh of Jesus, is being in COMMUNION with a SYMBOL!
DanT Root word of "COMMUNION" is "COMMUNICATION"!!!!

DanT Being in COMMUNICATION with any SYMBOLS is called IDOLATRY!!

Look into your own mirror... Point at yourself say; "Hypocrite"!

The Early church of the Church Fathers, was a Catholic Church! There was NOT even one protestant in the Christians found in the Early Church! They ate the flesh of Jesus in the form of bread!
They drank the precious blood of Jesus in the form of wine!
1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord"s death until he comes.

27 So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup.
29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.

DanT DO YOU SEE IT?? The Early Church DRANK THE BLOOD OF JESUS!

You CAN'T SIN AGAINST A SYMBOL!!
27 So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord.

DanT You sin against Jesus.. by rejecting Jesus' blood as being only symbolic blood!

You CONDEMN yourself by rejecting the Food Jesus offers!
29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.

DanT You CONDEMN YOURSELF by being in Communion with SYMBOLS!!!

Dogknox
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 2:53:41 PM

Exactly.

It's always entertaining to watch R. Catholics attempt to wiggle their way around these glaring errors in their "tradition".
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 3:58:52 PM
At 11/29/2012 2:53:41 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

Exactly.

It's always entertaining to watch R. Catholics attempt to wiggle their way around these glaring errors in their "tradition".
Paradox_7 What you don't have traditions???!
You have the TRADITION OF.. "Don't need church all we need is the scriptures"!
You have the TRADITION OF.. "All we need is faith ALONE"!
You have the TRADITION OF.. "Symbolic Communion"!
You have the TRADITION OF.. "Plain no stain glass windows"!
You have the TRADITION OF.. "Grape Juice"!
You have the TRADITION OF.. "All protestant churches are in the same fellowship"!
You have the TRADITION OF.. "Believing in Jesus", does NOT mean believing the words of Jesus!
You have the TRADITION OF.. "Worshiping god means rejecting the ONLY Church Jesus formed"!
You have the TRADITION of.. "Symbolic Baptism"!
You have the TRADITION of.. "Satan is Jesus' brother"!
You have the TRADITION of.. "Saturday Worship"!
You have the TRADITION of.. Each person can interpret the scriptures rightly!"
You have the TRADITION of.. "Removing books from the bible"!
You have the TRADITION of.. "Jesus left his Church for yours"!

The Jews of the Old Testament.. had symbols in their temple, the Catholic Early Fathers were all Jews, they worshiped God in the Temple and Synagogues until 70 A.D.!
2 As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, 3 explaining and proving that the Messiah had to suffer and rise from the dead.

Paradox_7 The Early Church Fathers say nothing about worshiping God in structures with out symbols!
The ONLY CHURCH Jesus formed has always used symbols and Icons to teach the People and in the worship of God!
It was not until the "de-formation" sixteen hundred years AFTER Jesus that the anti-Christs rejected symbols!
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 4:03:43 PM
@Dogknox

Why do you choose the name "Dogknox"?
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 4:13:17 PM
At 11/29/2012 4:03:43 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
@Dogknox

Why do you choose the name "Dogknox"?
TheAntidoter I hope all is well....
I reply: It goes back many years... Basically it was not taken.. several attempts at choosing a "name" brought me to the one I now use!! Nothing to do with the protestant named John Knox!

Dogknox