Jump to topic:

Why called Second Death the "Lake Of Fire"

elisur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 5:30:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
""Why called Second Death the "Lake Of Fire or Hell" the destination of SATAN and his angel and the Wicked""?????

(KJV) Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 10:23:15 PM
At 11/28/2012 5:30:06 AM, elisur wrote:
""Why called Second Death the "Lake Of Fire or Hell" the destination of SATAN and his angel and the Wicked""?????

(KJV) Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Death and hades were figurative representations of the realms of opposition to the cause of Christianity, and they are consigned to the same figurative oblivion with the beast. The symbolism meant that the period of persecution and martyrdom had ended or at least temporarily subsided.

This judgement on the evil instigators of the persecutions and martyrdoms of Christians was specifically name the second death, which again was as visional or metaphorical as the first resurrection. It denotes in the most symbolic language the utter destruction of the evil forces which were then actively seeking to destroy the church.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
elisur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 11:38:44 PM
At 11/28/2012 10:23:15 PM, annanicole wrote:

Death and hades were figurative representations of the realms of opposition to the cause of Christianity, and they are consigned to the same figurative oblivion with the beast. The symbolism meant that the period of persecution and martyrdom had ended or at least temporarily subsided.

This judgement on the evil instigators of the persecutions and martyrdoms of Christians was specifically name the second death, which again was as visional or metaphorical as the first resurrection. It denotes in the most symbolic language the utter destruction of the evil forces which were then actively seeking to destroy the church.

What is the first Death of Satan and Hades because the lake of Fire called second death
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 12:07:38 AM

My bible Story book YLT (Young's Literal Translation) & EMPHATIC Diaglott NT Interlinear make NO reference to ANY Satan in their narrative!

Apart from your heads in the sand mentality, how do you Satan believers face that crushing blow?

Your mentor & literal Saviour moi!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster:
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 12:26:56 AM
At 11/28/2012 11:38:44 PM, elisur wrote:
At 11/28/2012 10:23:15 PM, annanicole wrote:

What is the first Death of Satan and Hades because the lake of Fire called second death

The passage doesn't mention Satan or a "first death of Satan."

Repeat:

"Death and hades were figurative representations of the realms of opposition to the cause of Christianity, and they are consigned to the same figurative oblivion with the beast. The symbolism meant that the period of persecution and martyrdom had ended or at least temporarily subsided."
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 12:41:26 AM
At 11/29/2012 12:07:38 AM, Composer wrote:

My bible Story book YLT (Young's Literal Translation) & EMPHATIC Diaglott NT Interlinear make NO reference to ANY Satan in their narrative!

Kinda looks like a problem with YLT and your Watchtower Diaglott.

Apart from your heads in the sand mentality, how do you Satan believers face that crushing blow?

We wonder in amazement why such a Greek scholar as yourself would lay aside the accepted and standard translations such as the KJV, NKJV, ASV, and NASV in deference to a couple of translations which are usually only cited as examples of perversions.

Your mentor & literal Saviour moi!

Yeah, thanks. Stick to your KJV and ASV. 148 of the greatest Greek-English scholars in the word (47 in the KJV, and 101 in the American revision) produced them. Know who many Greek scholars "translated" the Diaglott? ONE! One smatterer. What about YLT? Ummm ... ONE! Lay aside those one-man shows and stick to real translations. Nobody pays any attention to them.

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster:
Shifter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 12:50:22 AM
I'm afraid you're misunderstanding it. It refers only to a second death for humans, whom would suffer twice, once when killed, and then in Hell. Hades, while inappropriate, is another word for Hell. Lucifer (Satan) would not be suffering a second death, as he never has had a first death. He was cast in Hell presumably by his older brother Michael at God's behest (this speculation is mostly Catholic-Christian). The only resemblance to a second death for Lucifer would be the suffering after being cast out/fallen.
Decide to be fine "til the end of the week. Make yourself smile because you"re alive and that"s your job. And do it again the next week. Do it right, with a smile, or don"t do it at all.
elisur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 5:55:17 AM
At 11/29/2012 12:50:22 AM, Shifter wrote:
I'm afraid you're misunderstanding it. It refers only to a second death for humans, whom would suffer twice, once when killed, and then in Hell. Hades, while inappropriate, is another word for Hell. Lucifer (Satan) would not be suffering a second death, as he never has had a first death. He was cast in Hell presumably by his older brother Michael at God's behest (this speculation is mostly Catholic-Christian). The only resemblance to a second death for Lucifer would be the suffering after being cast out/fallen.

All cast into the lake of fire,experienced the first death satan angel and the wicked:
(KJV) Ephesians 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
(TEV) Ephesians 4:18 and whose minds are in the dark. They have no part in the life that God gives, for they are completely ignorant and stubborn.